GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys - settle down a bit, wouldja please?!? I have removed more than a page worth of posts in this thread already and have 2 more pages to go.

Be nice to each other. If you are going to joke with each other, make SURE the other party is receptive and be gentle. Remember, the written word does not come across the same way the spoken word does - so it is easy to get confused about the meaning of a comment.

And if I think it is snarky - I will remove it.

Salem

"Leanna Harris, the child's mother, was also questioned regarding the incident and made similar statements regarding researching in car deaths and how it occurs,'' according to new search warrants made public Sunday.

She said she .... finds solace knowing Cooper is shielded from knowing the pain of a broken heart, from mourning the death of his own loved ones and from being exposed to the hard truths of a world that she called broken.

Leanna Harris also said she was not angry at God nor at her husband Ross... Citing the Book of Job, she said the Lord gives and takes away, and his name should be praised in good times and bad.

snip "Am I angry with Ross?" CNN quoted her as saying. "Absolutely not. It has never crossed my mind. Ross is and was and will be, if we have more children, a wonderful father. Ross is a wonderful daddy and leader for our household. Cooper meant the world to him."

http://www.al.com/news/birmingham/index.ssf/2014/06/wife_of_justin_ross_harris_als.html

Why would both parents search for details on how long it takes a child to die in a hot car?

I thought that you based your opinion that more charges will be added on something I've missed. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Oh, no. Sorry, I didn't intend to mean that. I should have said I THINK they will add more charges, IMO.

I wish I knew something you missed, lol!

I think Harris was manipulating his whole family in true sociopath fashion while planning how to murder his son. He knew telling a story of a dream about Cooper sitting with Jesus would warm his [modsnip] family members' hearts. And when Cooper died, they would just call it a premonition as if Harris had spoken directly to God.
BBM

Ugh. :yuck: Think I just about puked !

We still have one in our town! LOVE it! Locally owned, so nice to support for that reason too! :loveyou:

Not allowed by law to pump gas in my state!!!

:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is not a hard one for me. If he saw his child was not breathing, To assume he was choking is not far from what a parent might think.

Children choke silently. It was not like he was claiming the child was screaming, He saw the child was blue and thought he is choking.

This makes sense to me.

What child is choking? He did not know he had a child in the car. Oh whoopsie.

Dad starts screaming he killed his child because he left the child in the car.

So which is it?

Leaving morality out of it for a second, it's just a reality that being with your child minute to minute is a modern luxury of developed countries. If you live somewhere where you are concerned with walking miles getting food and water every day, your toddler is probably not monitored 24/7. The modern US way of parenting is the exception, not the norm, and the average American has way more education and resources to do it than most. Plus, people do incredibly stupid things and kill themselves and loved ones all the time, and always have. Loving someone, or even just yourself, doesn't give you the knowledge to do the best thing automatically.

Obviously humans are more capable of intelligent thought, but I keep seeing cases of baby deer and bunnies being brought to authorities because their mom left them. Turns out, mom is around - she just is off eating most of the day, because that's what they do. People seem to be applying this school of thought to animals now - if you love your kids, you don't leave them where a predator or car could get to them. Unfortunately, that's not practical or innate like we pretend, when it comes to most natural environments,. Despite maternal instinct, an agitated rabbit often eats her first few litters accidentally until she "gets the hang of it." Nature generally creates a strong maternal bond, but it's not as certain as we like to portray it.

Daddy black bears will eat the cubs......that's why momma bear is ''in charge'' and shoos him out of the den!

I think Harris was manipulating his whole family in true sociopath fashion while planning how to murder his son. He knew telling a story of a dream about Cooper sitting with Jesus would warm his religious family members' hearts. And when Cooper died, they would just call it a premonition as if Harris had spoken directly to God.

Bingo

I think Harris was manipulating his whole family in true sociopath fashion while planning how to murder his son. He knew telling a story of a dream about Cooper sitting with Jesus would warm his religious family members' hearts. And when Cooper died, they would just call it a premonition as if Harris had spoken directly to God.

The ultimate dream of a narcissist - being powerful and important enough to speak with God! Being "special" in a way few other people are.

What does everyone make of LE saying they can't be sure Cooper was even in the car at 9:00 am? I am wondering about possible 2nd party involvement. Maybe we have it backwards thinking mom is trying to cover for dad. Just a thought.

I think poppa was still (possibly) in the CFA restaurant with him at that time??

If you live somewhere where you are concerned with walking miles getting food and water every day, your toddler is probably not monitored 24/7.
If you lived somewhere like that, your toddler would probably be strapped to your back or your hip while you walked, and very likely slept in the same bed as you.

Male primates sometimes kill their young or the young of others.
Mothers tend instead to abandon..
Still, point is lost on me.

failure to bond with the child by one or both parents could lead to neglect etc......(MOO)

we have seen a great ''show'' so far but dig below the surface -- yikes

I am so very sorry but I do believe his mother was to pick him up that is my belief so far in this investigation and I think there will b further charges if not an arrest. I don't believe he was wanted at all. I think that will b proven thru the amt of life insurance and purchase date. Even if it's the usual 5g that's motive to me. I think they r in this together. I can't shake it.

I'm not sure about this ABC report.

The new warrant filed late Tuesday also downgrades one charge against Harris from first-degree child cruelty to second-degree child cruelty. First-degree cruelty to children requires that a person "willfully deprives the child necessary sustenance," while second-degree cruelty to children is caused by "criminal negligence" under Georgia law.

While "willfully deprives the child necessary sustenance" is part of the first degree child cruelty statute it's not the only requirement. Here's the statute for first degree.

(a) A parent, guardian, or other person supervising the welfare of or having immediate charge or custody of a child under the age of 18 commits the offense of cruelty to children in the first degree when such person willfully deprives the child of necessary sustenance to the extent that the child́s health or well-being is jeopardized.

(b) Any person commits the offense of cruelty to children in the first degree when such person maliciously causes a child under the age of 18 cruel or excessive physical or mental pain.

Section (a) talks about "sustenance" while section (b) talks about maliciously causing physical or mental pain.

I wonder what the real reason is for LE reducing the charges? Is it because they can't show malice?

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/warrant-ga-man-returned-car-son-inside-24297276

http://law.onecle.com/georgia/16/16-5-70.html

This post made me think more on something ...
In light of recent (today) developments... and in lack of further developments -- I'm going to tread lightly here --

(I hope I haven't missed someone else touching on this while trying to speed-catch-up with the thread)

Has the thought crossed anyone's mind that HE might be covering for someone else? Was he SEEN taking Cooper into Chick-Fil-A? Was he SEEN buckling Cooper back into the carseat AT THAT LOCATION? I'm trying to remember, please help me -- was that what he STATED happened or was that something that was verified as fact?

That HE might have truly "noticed" on his way home from work, put some pieces together in his mind as to various comments and web searches that might have occurred over the past few days, and volunteered that HE did the searches himself?

Outside of this, I'm sure I'm not the only one to have considered that it might have been a joint effort and that HE is not solely responsible.

*** Of course, the other thought I had was that Dad was frequently forgetful/negligent and perhaps Mom googled this in an effort to demonstrate to Dad that he better "get with it"????

I must admit I have considered this possiblity but the thing is, while tox is not back COD was physiologically determined at autopsy to have been hyperthermia, death by extreme heat.

MOD is homicide or not but COD was determined without doubt to have been hyperthermia. So when did Cooper die in the hot car if not that day? If he was met by mom at CFA to hand over a dead child to place in the car seat when did he die? Because autopsy supports he died that day in that car?

I am forgetful by nature. It's irritating as all get out, but driving away after paying for food at McDonald's? Did it. Drive right past my exit that I was JUST heading for? Yep. Did I get all the way to the babysitter's one morning before realizing I was barefoot? Embarrassingly, yes. Do I make a grocery list only to leave it on the kitchen table? Only about 70% of the time.

So it's not the fact that dad left breakfast and immediately drove to the wrong exit that I can't believe. Or the fact that he pulled up and parked at his job instead of going to daycare.

It's that he didn't notice Cooper. Not at 9:30 am. Not at lunch time. Not at quitting time. Apparently, he didn't give Cooper a thought all day. I do not believe this even a little bit. Forget the smell. Just the fact that he didn't notice a human being, a person, his CHILD, was in his car on 3 separate occasions screams bull$%@# to me. He's a liar, IMO. Well, that's the least of what he is.

I just wanted to thank you for this post. We all forget sometimes -- like you said, grocery list, or drive-thru meals. These are one-of's. I even forget to pick up the mail at least once a week because it's just not that high on my priority list.

However, my son has always been my #1 priority (even though he's a snarky 17 year old now).

The fact that Harris made several oopsies in a short span of time bothers me; especially not giving Cooper a single thought all day. And why did he go all the way to the strip mall, when it was posted in the last thread that he had to pass a gas station.

IMHO, if this was an accident, he would have known so the second he opened the door to his car. Nevermind starting the car, nevermind probably having to look back to reverse out of the parking space, and the stench. How does he explain away not noticing the stench? Instead he drives several miles (2 I believe) before he stops and "asks for help". The 911 call should have been made by him at his place of employment the moment he opened that door.

All the other nonsense (oh, God what have I done) was a show, a sick little show, IMHO.

This is only my opinion and belief. Thanks.

Melanie

Can't help but wonder if the comment about Cooper having trouble sleeping for the last two nights will turn out to be an explanation for future toxicology results.

http://www.cbs19.tv/story/25895805/mom-of-toddler-who-died-in-car-absolutely-not-angry-with-husband

The last two nights of Cooper's life, he had trouble sleeping and ended up in bed between her and her husband, Leanna Harris said.

"I remember turning over in the middle of the night, his mouth was open and his full toddler lips just breathing right into my face," she said. "I will cherish that moment forever."

Was Cooper in the same carseat that's in the picture posted at the top of this thread?

TIA :loveyou:

Can't help but wonder if the comment about Cooper having trouble sleeping for the last two nights will turn out to be an explanation for future toxicology results.

http://www.cbs19.tv/story/25895805/mom-of-toddler-who-died-in-car-absolutely-not-angry-with-husband

The last two nights of Cooper's life, he had trouble sleeping and ended up in bed between her and her husband, Leanna Harris said.

"I remember turning over in the middle of the night, his mouth was open and his full toddler lips just breathing right into my face," she said. "I will cherish that moment forever."

At his point, I hope it to be. I can only hope they have said nothing and, because how do you explain away leaving that tidbit from police?

I'm not sure about this ABC report.

While "willfully deprives the child necessary sustenance" is part of the first degree child cruelty statute it's not the only requirement. Here's the statute for first degree.

Section (a) talks about "sustenance" while section (b) talks about maliciously causing physical or mental pain.

I wonder what the real reason is for LE reducing the charges? Is it because they can't show malice?

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/warrant-ga-man-returned-car-son-inside-24297276

http://law.onecle.com/georgia/16/16-5-70.html

I can't tell you where I read it but I believe early on it was explained something about the charges...it was downgraded for a reason but I will be danged if I can remember now...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties