GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably nothing but why did he have computers and phones in his vehicle (removed from there as per the warrant)? Were they removed from his vehicle at the time the police arrived at the scene? I thought he was arrested at night?

What they hope for? No. Prosecutors are supposed to charge what they can prove. That is their public trust. But even if they don't always follow that, which they often don't, imo, it's still pretty unusual to charge a first degree crime with a death penalty attached and back off it within days. Especially when the backing off is accompanied by the public release of some of the evidence due to public outcry. There's no question in my mind that the way this case was handled is questionable and may ultimately impact the outcome of the trial, if there is one. jmo

How is it questionable?
He was arrested 6 hours later after they did some investigation. They found things we do not know about at this point.

I wonder if RH had some time to "discuss what happened" with his wife before he was arrested later that night.

I don't think we are allowed to discuss Reditt posts. I always thought that if it can't be linked it can't be discussed.

Smell? I guess your saying that Cooper would have smelled bad and JRH should have noticed when he got in the car. That's a good point.

per mod directive either this thread or last when the redditt account was discovered, we can discuss in general terms what we read of his postings and can paraphrase but no cut and paste and no linking. Sorry, running late getting ready for work or I would bump the mod post on it.

Just thinking out of the box here. Which door did he open on the driver's side? Does it say the "drivers" door explicitly? Or just..."on the drivers side? "

When I want to put something in my car, I don't put it on my seat. I put it in the back behind me...or on the front passenger seat. Could they have him on tape opening the back door on the drivers side?

Hi everybody. I've been lurking for awhile but this is my first post. I'm a little behind so I apologize if this has already been covered but there's one thing that's been on my mind that so far I haven't seen anybody bring up.

I'm thinking about possible defense strategies. IMO the facts lead to premeditated. The only thing I can see going for the defense at this point is character witnesses that say he was a great dad. Personally, if I were the prosecutor I would turn that against him. The fact that everybody around him has so many great things to say about his parenting shows me that he didn't just forget his son. A great parent puts their child first, no matter what. He has spent almost 2 years being a great parent. That would be his routine, it would come naturally to him to NOT forget his child. Added to the facts of this case and I fully believe that fact goes against him, not for him, when looked at deeper than just the surface. JMO

:welcome: JusticeSeeker!

Great first post!

Good point that a very loving, doting dad would probably not forget his son in the car (three times at that!)

:seeya:

Just thinking out of the box here. Which door did he open on the driver's side? Does it say the "drivers" door explicitly? Or just..."on the drivers side? "

When I want to put something in my car, I don't put it on my seat. I put it in the back behind me...or on the front passenger seat. Could they have him on tape opening the back door on the drivers side?

Makes total sense! I bet that is it!

To me it is very telling as to the location he did the reveal. When you have a small child or even children in general, I'll even include pets-you know where the nearest emergency facility is where you live. I agree with everyone that said if he really thought there was chocking he'd be going to an ER and not a pizzeria. I won't believe he looked up how children die in cars but not where the closest hospitals are if he was looking for prevention. Did he look up what to do if this did "accidentally" happen? IMO he did not go to a hospital because he did not want medical professionals to be witnesses to his behavior or his sons condition. An ER would be used to an emergency. Common people in a shopping center were obviously not prepared to see a baby in rigor. He caused shock and confusion and deflected attention away from himself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good Morning, kinda:pullhair: this morning I woke up to Sonny Huston spewing her nonsence( and I hadn't even had coffee yet) blabbering on and on about it's normal to look this up,there's nothing wrong with it and another ,no doubt defense att. agreeing with her. Sonny states it happened to her ,forgot her child, totally different. I use to agree with Sonny all the time but the last few months I find myself totally disagreeing with her.

If these parents were so concerned for the well being of Cooper did they EVER take Safe child parenting classes? CPR or heimlich manuever classes. Google how to child proof your home. Why didn't they just ask Coopers Dr. how long they could leave him in a hot car if they were so concerned. Premonition? No way. Why would both parents of a child google that then the child dies from the exact same thing they googled? Then the mother's totally off the wall speech at Cooper's funeral.JMO

I think they definitely have video, if it was just a witness statement then LE wouldn't likely be stating it as "absolute fact", they seem extremely specific about what went on but they don't know what the object was, which implies they couldn't tell from the video footage.

It isn't like there would be half a dozen witnesses that remember him going out to his car and putting something in the drivers side door.

I think its video, too.

You see how he offered up info about his internet searches, but NOT the fact that he went to his car at lunch time?

I wonder if he didn't want to do the discovery in his work parking lot because witnesses who he may work closely with who may know him more intimately would possibly be harder to "perform" his distraught dad act in front of them.

Always My Opinion Only!

I wonder if he didn't want to do the discovery in his work parking lot because witnesses who he may work closely with who may know him more intimately would possibly be harder to "perform" his distraught dad act in front of them.

Always My Opinion Only!

I wonder how he was at work that day. Did he contact his friends to get together after work that day? Or did his friends contact him?

It says "THE driver's side door." If he'd been into the back of the car I'd think the first degree charge would have stuck. But who knows.

I wonder what info will be released today.

per mod directive either this thread or last when the redditt account was discovered, we can discuss in general terms what we read of his postings and can paraphrase but no cut and paste and no linking. Sorry, running late getting ready for work or I would bump the mod post on it.

this is correct

How long to die:

Investigators say the mother of a 22 month old who died after being left in a hot vehicle admitted she researched how long it would take for a child to die after being left in a car just days before the incident happened.

Leanna Harris told authorities she only looked into the subject because she was afraid it could happen one day.

This is the first time I've seen the time until death factor. All other reports have mentioned the temperature as a factor. Time as a factor is associated with the wife's research. This just makes me more and more disturbed. Was this a sick experiment?

http://www.alabamas13.com/story/259...-georgia-mother-of-cooper-harris-22-month-old

Respectfully snipped and BBM for focus:
......I personally don't put too much into the internet searches. I'd like to hear a little more about what exactly was searched and when.

My first thought on hearing of the internet searches was that it could be simply a search for information because of several current stories in the news of kids and pets being left in hot cars and dying. A search alone would not cause me to convict or think it was "proof" of intention.

However, it is my opinion that the complete forensic examination of ALL electronic devices (and there were many devices identified in the warrant) will provide valuable information in this case. As stated earlier, most all of us have searched things that "could look" shocking. The forensic exam will reveal what was searched, how the search was worded, what was searched before and after, any communications related (email, text, etc.), as well as attempts to "delete or hide" things. In today's word electronics are a powerful investigation tool. Even an IT person cannot escape the power of the machines.

Now, if the techies could just take a leap in enhanced videos - a whole lot of perps could be found and stopped very quickly. I am usually disappointed in the quality of cams video in stores or on the streets. If we have satellites that can read a car tag from space, surely we could have better quality cams for identifying perps.

As in so many recent cases, the electronics can be the key.

Excellent point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member