GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Felony Murder in Georgia:

16-5-1 Murder/Felony Murder | Georgia Law
(a) A person commits the offense of murder when he unlawfully and with malice aforethought, either express or implied, causes the death of another human being.

(b) Express malice is that deliberate intention unlawfully to take the life of another human being which is manifested by external circumstances capable of proof. Malice shall be implied where no considerable provocation appears and where all the circumstances of the killing show an abandoned and malignant heart.

(c) A person also commits the offense of murder when, in the commission of a felony, he causes the death of another human being irrespective of malice.

(d) A person convicted of the offense of murder shall be punished by death or by imprisonment for life.

http://rolfjoneslaw.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=28&Itemid=4

Huh? The very definition of the word homicide is:

the deliberate and unlawful killing of one person by another; murder.

"he was charged with homicide"

synonyms:murder, killing, slaughter, butchery, massacre.

Homicide is murder.

If you are speaking in terms of the legal definition of homicide then.. I hear you. If you are saying that all homicides are not premeditated and occur during moments of self defense or "crimes of passion" or during psychotic breaks okay.

The police believe that this is CRIMINAL homicide. Hence the felony murder charge. Which was my original point.

Death by the hand of another...
I can lawfully shoot someone in self defense. It's still a homicide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With the internet searches one would think if your that paranoid you would be hyper vigilant about NEVER leaving your baby in the car. I just don't buy it. I want to believe it was a horrific accident but I don't. IMO.

My mother lost one of her children when the little girl was about 8 months old. For as long as she lived (50 years)she couldn't speak Lana's name without crying. The child died of natural causes and my brother and I were her rainbow kids. But we never could make up for Lana. On her death bed when I was by her side she kept saying over and over..."Lana is dead...Lana is dead". It was one of the last things she ever said. She would have given up her own life, I'm sure if it would have brought her little Lana back. I'm so not used to people who wouldn't want their deceased child back. JMO

So there were two (at least) instances of applause at the funeral. If anyone can explain to me what that means - "That sounded pretty good" - please do. The applause was for the baby - why ask Ross about it? Just an attempt to include him? Just a way to imply that he was somehow being supported by the applause for his dead child?

I have never been to a funeral where suddenly everyone breaks out into "applause" for the deceased or anyone else.

Is this popular in some cultures? Or is it a custom for some specific churches?

At first it was reported the father looked up an animal dying in a car. Right? Have both parents now admitted to looking up children dying in a car in heat? Just paraphrasing here.

Well, clearly it wasn't an intent to take preventative measures since neither parent did.

Exactly. Thats why I can't get where anyone can think of this as an accident.:moo:

Your correct that we haven't heard all of the evidence yet and I may change my mind after we learn more.

At this point I don't see the felony child cruelty which requires the "willful and wanton" action on JRH's part.

JMO.

Me either. My biggest problem is how quick they arrested him. I think they should have waited gathered more information and evidence and then arrested with cause.

I think it was all too rushed.

At first it was reported the father looked up an animal dying in a car. Right? Have both parents now admitted to looking up children dying in a car in heat? Just paraphrasing here.

I believe so. Strange huh?:moo:

I think research was done both at his work and home. The animal search reportedly occurred on his work commuter. Other research wAs done at home...cause his wife wouldn't have used the work computer;)

All IMO

Me either. My biggest problem is how quick they arrested him. I think they should have waited gathered more information and evidence and then arrested with cause.

He wasn't arrested until late that night.

I have never been to a funeral where suddenly everyone breaks out into "applause" for the deceased or anyone else.

Is this popular in some cultures? Or is it a custom for some specific churches?

Well, usually one of the parents isn't on a speakerphone. So that may have had something or everything to do with why they chose the applause route. An audible group hug, as it were. jmo

1–3 years
Keep your child rear-facing as long as
possible. It’s the best way to keep him or her
safe. Your child should remain in a rear-facing
car seat until he or she reaches the top
height or weight limit allowed by your car seat’s
manufacturer.
Once your child outgrows
the rear-facing car seat, your child is ready
to travel in a forward-facing car seat with a
harness.

http://www.gahighwaysafety.org/docs/childpassenger.pdf

bbm

I may have read it else were, but let me ask. Was it said that Coopers head was above the top of the car seat.

http://fox2now.com/2014/06/25/new-warrant-indicates-man-may-have-intentionally-left-child-in-car/

It wasn’t until Harris left work and started driving home that he said he looked in the backseat and saw the child still strapped in the car seat and unresponsive.

snipped
The car seat was centered on the rear seat of his car.

Assuming that it is true that RH was charged with dropping cooper off at daycare everyday and Mom was charged with Picking him up, if this was their daily routine then...

What I still want to know:

1. Did Mom's plans change regarding picking up Cooper that day?
2. If so, why?

3. What was the conversation or change of plans between the parents.

3. Did Dad initiate the change? "I'll take him home today-You go do this" (Doesn't seem possible as he was supposedly on his way to meet friends for drinks after work)

4. Did Mom initiate the change? If so, Did Dad just take advantage of that as his chance to go through with murder?

5. Did Daycare call Mom when Cooper did not arrive?

6. Did Daycare call Dad when Cooper did not arrive? And Dad allowed it to go to VM or ignored it?

I still REALLY want to know what Mom's plans were that day, especially if they changed and why, and what the communication was between Mom and Dad. And any communication or attempted contact to or from the daycare. If any exists.

If RH "forgot" his son in the car....and 'discovered him choking" on his way to meet friends for drinks at 4:00 P.M...

Why didn't mom ever attempt to pick Cooper up at daycare that day? Why? What changed?

Exactly!

I also find it odd that there have been no leaks, info about the "friends" he was meeting for drinks. When were those plans made, where were they meeting, do they actually exist?

I am familiar with the LE quote as to (paraphrasing) most horrific I've seen as father/grandfather/LE.... but with Randy, reminds me of Nancy Grace. In that Randy's picked up on the LE quote and run with it for his own header. "Bombshell tonight" like Nancy...or even with this case on HLN just a few days ago as to a story that they had headlines/teaser for their show...and nuthin'. Didn't meet expectations of what they were exclaiming. Sorry, there are just *some* investigative reporters here in Atlanta that are...well...............yeah Mr. Travis, whatever the details are...they are gonna be terrible...so your comment is a win win I guess.

Are you from the Atlanta area? I am - I agree 100% about Nancy Grace, HLN, and others - I do NOT put Randy Travis in that category. I have found his reporting to be accurate and not full of drama or overstatement of the facts. He has been here over 20 years and has a very solid reputation and many reliable contacts. He has personally broken stories and uncovered things that led to convictions.

I know it may seem I'm constantly on his band wagon but really I'm not - I just realize that many who post here are from all over the country. I know that reporters do run the gamut and I would appreciate hearing a local person's take on a reporter if it were from another city.

So believe what you want to believe...I am just saying that as I hear things that makes me go "hmmmmm" such as the comments from the funeral, little snippits of things he has posted online over the years, etc. I view them all with that statement in the back of my mind. We will all know more on Thursday and in the months to come.

Felony Murder in Georgia:

16-5-1 Murder/Felony Murder | Georgia Law
(a) A person commits the offense of murder when he unlawfully and with malice aforethought, either express or implied, causes the death of another human being.

(b) Express malice is that deliberate intention unlawfully to take the life of another human being which is manifested by external circumstances capable of proof. Malice shall be implied where no considerable provocation appears and where all the circumstances of the killing show an abandoned and malignant heart.

(c) A person also commits the offense of murder when, in the commission of a felony, he causes the death of another human being irrespective of malice.

(d) A person convicted of the offense of murder shall be punished by death or by imprisonment for life.

http://rolfjoneslaw.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=28&Itemid=4

RH is charged w/ Felony Murder under subsection (c), the applicable felony committed is Cruelty to a Child, hence the Murder charge

It's in the search warrants, it's worded as children. No mention of animals. Both of them are said to have searched children.

I think the animal thing was either a miscommunication of the LE source to the media or they were trying to share the info, but not all the facts word for word. At least at that time, as it was a leak. No idea.

I haven't seen anything in the official records that mention animals, so I don't know if it occurred along with the searches for children or if it was just children as stated in the warrants.

Trying to catch up some, I've been in the hospital and haven't read every link.
What are the chances that Cooper had a mental disability or his parents thought he was behind? Maybe that's what his mother was referring to at his service. The talk of a selfish world, not having to deal with awkward times, and problems in jr. high and high school.Is it possible they thought he was better off, and this was a painless way for him to go?

Same thought here.

They arrested him six hours later. Six hours after questioning him and getting his story.

In that six hours they found out:

He "forgot" Cooper 3 minutes after eating breakfast with him and strapping him in his car seat.
He went back to his car at noon and didn't "Notice" Cooper
He got back into A STINKING car and drove one mile to a restaurant parking lot

AND

He claimed that his child who was stiff with rigor was "choking"

He told the police of his damning internet searches.

If they did NOT arrest him at the point with all of that.....they would have not been doing their job. There was enough in their opinion to arrest and charge him.

There was no rush to judgement here and it did not happen "fast." He was arrested due to the evidence. And we don't even know all of the other evidence they have at this point.

There is no conspiracy here. Just Detectives doing their jobs.

I'm thrilled they aren't talking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members