GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Trying to catch up some, I've been in the hospital and haven't read every link.
What are the chances that Cooper had a mental disability or his parents thought he was behind? Maybe that's what his mother was referring to at his service. The talk of a selfish world, not having to deal with awkward times, and problems in jr. high and high school.Is it possible they thought he was better off, and this was a painless way for him to go?

Unless he was drugged, this would have been a horrible death. Other than that, I guess it's possible.

Hope you're feeling better! :)

I'm saying that with what I know so far I feel that involuntary manslaughter seems to fit this case better than felony murder.

The Police are saying HE KNEW THE BABY WAS IN THE CAR! That is why he is charged with murder.

If they thought it was an ACCIDENT and he DIDN'T KNOW they wouldn't charge him with murder.

I am unable to even visualizes rear facing toddler car seat with a toddler in it. Where do their legs go????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with this completely. If there was any chance he opened the rear driver's side door, I think that would have also been released immediately. I mean, that would be HUGE. :eek:

Huge, yes, released? Not necessarily. jmo.

I'll bet he was freaking out because someone dared question him about the death. IIRC he was also told to watch his mouth. JMO

Exactly!

I also find it odd that there have been no leaks, info about the "friends" he was meeting for drinks. When were those plans made, where were they meeting, do they actually exist?

From what I've read, they've all been told to keep their mouths shut by LE. I'm always a little surprised when people actually DO that, because LE can't issue a gag order.

I think - could be wrong - that within a few days there will be an agency that comes forward to advocate publicly for them. Maybe through their church, or lawyer.

I'll bet he was freaking out because someone dared question him about the death. IIRC he was also told to watch his mouth. JMO

I wonder about the "watch your mouth" comment.

I wonder if that was a cop admonishing him about watch your statements. He hadn't been mirandized.

Just a thought.

Well, some folks choose to listen to LE because they don't want to obstruct or rush the investigation. I think, personally, most of the time witnesses cooperate. They believe in the process. People tend to speak when they become frustrated or they don't believe they have been heard.

I am unable to even visualizes rear facing toddler car seat with a toddler in it. Where do their legs go????

Excellent point! Thats why my niece is front facing.:moo:

I wonder about the "watch your mouth" comment.

I wonder if that was a cop admonishing him about watch your statements. He hadn't been mirandized.

Just a thought.

If I recall correctly, it had to do with the language he was using.

If I recall correctly, it had to do with the language he was using.

That was what was assumed the cop meant - I don't think MSM or a witness has ever said he was using vulgar language and so the cop told him not to.

I found these via Google Image Search:

Editing to stop any further confusion when this is quoted (as the context is lost):
These photos not to compare with Cooper, they were directly in response to the question of:
Linda7NJ: "I am unable to even visualizes rear facing toddler car seat with a toddler in it. Where do their legs go????"
I was posting to show where toddlers put their legs in rear facing car seats. That is all.

[modsnip]

& a girl that's a bit older:
[modsnip]

The Police are saying HE KNEW THE BABY WAS IN THE CAR! That is why he is charged with murder.

If they thought it was an ACCIDENT they wouldn't charge him with murder.

He's not charged with murder. He's charged with felony murder. Which he's guilty of automatically if he's guilty of the underlying felony. In this case, the underlying felony currently is child cruelty in the second degree. That felony requires only that the defendant was criminally negligent. The felony he originally was charged with was child cruelty in the first degree. That felony does require malice (or it can be based on something else that's not relevant here).

jmo

At first it was reported the father looked up an animal dying in a car. Right? Have both parents now admitted to looking up children dying in a car in heat? Just paraphrasing here.

Perhaps first he admitted to looking up animals and the cops said you know we are going to confiscate ALL of your devices and do a thorough forensic search, right?? At which point he admitted to searches on children as well. I have found this is something children and immature/manipulative adults do when they are in trouble....float out little pieces or facsimiles of the truth until they know you truly have proof.

I found this MSM quote from about a year ago. Found it interesting:

"Since 1998, a total of 582 children have fallen victim to heat stroke after being left inside cars. Just over half of those fatalities were caused by caregivers forgetting the kids in the car.
In 18 per cent of the instances, the children were deliberately locked inside cars."(snip)

Intentionally locked in might mean while the parent ran into a store for a moment and thought it would be ok. I do NOT think those were all intended deaths.

But while we are on the topic...

You hear about a family who loses a child in this way in the area you recently relocated from. The mother is clearly distraught, and in the end, no charges are filed.

You are concerned enough about this incident to Google the information on the amount of time it would take to have a child die of hyperthermia in a locked car.

You do so at work, and at home.

Your spouse does this as well.

One or more of you confides in others that you are fearful of this happening to your own child (ala Justin diPietro), and then,

After a fairly short period of time, THE SAME THING HAPPENS TO YOU!

If you are so concerned, and so certain this will happen to you, so diligent as to research it on several occasions, HOW DOES THIS HAPPEN?

Wouldn't you develop a "system" such as leaving the diaper bag on the front seat beside you?

Or placing items you need for work in the back seat?

Or leaving the child's stuffed animal on the dashboard where you can't miss it?

I don't know these people, and I have had some crazy coincidences occur in my own life, but this one really seems TOO "convenient".

He's not charged with murder. He's charged with felony murder. Which he's guilty of automatically if he's guilty of the underlying felony. In this case, the underlying felony currently is child cruelty in the second degree. That felony requires only that the defendant was criminally negligent. The felony he originally was charged with was child cruelty in the first degree. That felony does require malice (or it can be based on something else that's not relevant here).

jmo

Thank you, Karmady. I think this can't be restated often enough - he's not being charged with anything that requires him to have INTENDED to harm the baby.

With the internet searches one would think if your that paranoid you would be hyper vigilant about NEVER leaving your baby in the car. I just don't buy it. I want to believe it was a horrific accident but I don't.

Absolutely! And they would be proactive by further reading for ideas or suggestions on how to NOT ever put yourself in this situation. Then, devise a system for your family and use it! Unfortunately, in this case, I am not seeing where their research was for a good reason.

I found these via Google Image Search:
DV6VfKV.jpg

& a girl that's a bit older:
axPOJNM.jpg

Now imagine that very carseat being in the middle....RH's CUV would have had the seat pushed back for his height. The car seat would have been at his elbow. My CUV is the same size.:moo:

Ok if mom looked days before - and he looked around the same time she is most likely gonna wind up in a cell as well.... If he did the search months ago ... I don't know that it changed my opion.its looking lien they may have conspired for some reason. I'm thinking they didnt have enough on her so they let her leave the state and bury the child as to out outrage the public and deal with another petition. Ughhh I just don't know how they could explain it away. I could of just one did a search if it was around the time it was in the news but both..... Not so sure. I have email articles to my husband to read... That would have seemed less crazy

Just my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member