GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So we can discuss what is on redditt but no links to what is being discussed. I'll never find the posts over there. I like to read the source of information for myself. Looks like that's not going to happen in this case.

redditt is generally ******** so not possible to link. Admin has decided you can discuss his postings via paraphrase. Another member that knows how to search it can (pretty please one of you) post the how-to.

Thanks - I've been thinking this morning about the friends/family at the service and the clapping/standing ovation or whatever it was. Yesterday we discussed this and some stated that they felt many participated out of sheer peer pressure. I mean - how would it look to stay seated or refuse to politely clap when everyone around you was doing so....... A few said they would not participate but would sit quietly.

I feel IF ( and that is still a an IF) - there proves to be evidence of intent - how will these dear people feel? I know I would feel so angry and manipulated.

Also - Were there two instances during the service of applause? I remember someone (not the mom) talking to Ross via phone after applause and asking, "How does that sound?" and he said something like "Pretty good"? may not be exact words....was that when they were applauding Cooper or the dad?

Found this : "A family friend got on stage with Cooper’s mother and asked the crowd of nearly 200 people to give Ross Harris a round of applause. "
http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/cobb-county-father-makes-jailhouse-call-sons-funer/ngT8H/

Can't find that "How does that sound?" link right now......

This is just on my heart this morning and really bothers me - TIA.

:scared::scared::scared::tantrum: And This! Now I read This!! That's it; this couple is whack, and yes lets give the murderer a round of applause at his victims funeral. talk about pissing on a grave, he did it from jail and his wife made it happen. I blame both; and I hope charges are filed against her. Let's find out the truth: When and How Much Life Insurance on this Child. That's All I need to Know at this point.:banghead::tantrum:

So we can discuss what is on redditt but no links to what is being discussed. I'll never find the posts over there. I like to read the source of information for myself. Looks like that's not going to happen in this case.

It's easy to do. But, honestly, I wouldn't waste your time. They're totally mundane, imo. All you have to do is go to the main reddit page and type RoscoeUA into the search bar (you don't have to sign up or log in). That will bring you to a result list with his user name in the thread (in blue, I think). Click on his user name and you'll get a list of all of his posts, iirc.

If we are on wild thoughts...Could LH possibly be saying this "selfish world" and referring to RH? Would she not bring her child back to a selfish man who would do this to him?

Well seeing as how she raved about him being such a great father, and stated that she hopes to have more children with him, I don't see why she would be idolizing him one moment and then making snipey comments towards him the next.

Did the mother usually pick the baby up at 2:00 pm?

What was the reason or excuse she did not pick him up on this day?

Father may have told daycare CH was sick and not coming. If mom normally picked him up, it would be a bit odd for dad to tell her not to that day that he would bring him home. And then dad told LE he was going to meet friends for drinks when he remembered CH in car seat. Right there shows changes in normal routine, planning, and premeditation. IMO

It looks to me like this man went to quite a bit of preplanning and advanced preparation for an accidental death!

My opinions only!

AFAIK it has never been reported what time Cooper was suppose to be picked up. We haven't seen anything from LE or the family about that yet.

I'm reading backwards and trying to catch up. Is mom now a suspect ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To me it seems cut and dried. GA law states if a death occurs during commission of the felony charge of child neglect/cruelty you are guilty of murder. So those debating whether there was premeditation or not are chasing their tales (JMO)

For those who feel like those charges are not appropriate their problem is with the law as written. If you don't like the laws and GA is your state, work to change them.

Not snark. It just seems to me that most people who object to the prosecution of this case have a problem with the GA law as written. Unless they want to argue that you can be unaware of the dangerous neglectful situation leaving your child in a hot car for 7 hours can cause. But the research admitted to by both parents will perfectly illustrate that these parents were extremely AWARE of those dangers. And yet that is what happened.

To be blunt, Cooper baked in that car, like a turkey in an oven all day. The child was literally slow cooked. I don't know how much more cruel or neglectful that could be.

Yes I do, two trips to the car, the one during lunch and the one after work. I just do not see how anyone can feel that a reasonable person would not have become aware of the child even if they believe (as I don't) that he did not know in the morning on leaving Cooper there.

MOO this man has been charged appropriately to the laws in the state he resides.

As to the charges being reduced. The magistrate told the DA and the investigators on the 1st degree child neglect/cruelty that they were;t quite there yet. They had plenty of evidence to charge him and continue investigating but they weren't quite there with 1st degree. This does not preclude them later bumping that charge up although I don't know why they would. The burden of proof is lesser on the 2nd degree charge and the sentence is the same (death or life). I see no "hard On" for Ross by LE. I see investigators shocked at the level of neglect it takes to leave a child to roast in your car all day after having researched that very "accident" because you feared it could happen and then visited your car twice during that day but claim not to have known your child was in it.

Again, all of this is JMO but the charges are completely appropriate for this crime.

This ranks up there with the most lucid, reasoned and thoughtful posts in these threads. Thanks was not enough, I wanted to quote it and bring it forward.

For me intent has really ceased to matter and apparently it really doesn't matter in a legal sense either. Cooper is dead due to either a deliberate act of leaving him the car to fry OR due to reckless, feckless criminal irresponsibility and I base that on any person going out of his/her way to INFORM themselves of the dangers/consequences/causes of a possible situation and then failing to follow through with due diligence ie failing to act upon that information and take preventative measures to avoid it.

Thanks - I've been thinking this morning about the friends/family at the service and the clapping/standing ovation or whatever it was. Yesterday we discussed this and some stated that they felt many participated out of sheer peer pressure. I mean - how would it look to stay seated or refuse to politely clap when everyone around you was doing so....... A few said they would not participate but would sit quietly.

I feel IF ( and that is still a an IF) - there proves to be evidence of intent - how will these dear people feel? I know I would feel so angry and manipulated.

Also - Were there two instances during the service of applause? I remember someone (not the mom) talking to Ross via phone after applause and asking, "How does that sound?" and he said something like "Pretty good"? may not be exact words....was that when they were applauding Cooper or the dad?

Found this : "A family friend got on stage with Cooper’s mother and asked the crowd of nearly 200 people to give Ross Harris a round of applause. "
http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/cobb-county-father-makes-jailhouse-call-sons-funer/ngT8H/

Can't find that "How does that sound?" link right now......

This is just on my heart this morning and really bothers me - TIA.

Just a quick question regarding the applause...was it for Ross, or for Cooper. I read on here (first) that it was for Cooper, so I didn't really understand the disdain (I mean, I thought it was odd, but whatever...maybe people just applaud at funerals, idk.) But if it was for Ross...disdain and disgust...yeah, that I could fathom.

Well seeing as how she raved about him being such a great father, and stated that she hopes to have more children with him, I don't see why she would be idolizing him one moment and then making snipey comments towards him the next.

I agree. I am really confused by the obit and the comments she has made. I was just saying that I wonder if she is being pressured or saying them out of fear. She could totally be delusional too.

I too was very confused and surprised when I first started researching these charges. I was unaware til this case that GA has no degrees of murder, no involuntary manslaughter, etc. It is very cut dried and simplistic - you do something someone dies you can be charged with murder. without those degrees of mitigation. Very different from my own state.

But I do not feel that LE believes there was no intent to harm in this case. I think they wholeheartedly believe there WAS. I think they simply do not have enough evidence to charge it as premeditated and this is a workaround available and afforded to them by law in order to throw the book at him.

And before anyone asks, yes, I am okay with that. If there are those who would say that is unfair that is baloney, then I would ask those persons how many cases have you followed where you thought the accused was guilty and a clever DA managed to find a way to charge them and throw the book at them despite that task offering some challenges and despite them being unable to charge the person as heavily as you felt they should have been? Were you supportive of the DA and LE doing so in that case?

Click on link to view Voluntary & Involuntary manslaughter statutes. Neither of which are applicable in this case ............ imo

GEORGIA STATUTES AND CODES

ARTICLE 1 - HOMICIDE

§ 16-5-1 - Murder; felony murder
§ 16-5-2 - Voluntary manslaughter
§ 16-5-3 - Involuntary manslaughter
§ 16-5-4 - Time elapsed between injury and death
§ 16-5-5 - Offering to assist in commission of suicide; criminal penalties

http://statutes.laws.com/georgia/title-16/chapter-5/article-1

Mom is considered a victim here unless you have a link from LE/MSM saying otherwise. She can be discussed in the context of what she has said in the media and in the warrants.

Please post accordingly.

Salem

here is what can be discussed about Mom ^^

It's easy to do. But, honestly, I wouldn't waste your time. They're totally mundane, imo. All you have to do is go to the main reddit page and type RoscoeUA into the search bar (you don't have to sign up or log in). That will bring you to a result list with his user name in the thread (in blue, I think). Click on his user name and you'll get a list of all of his posts, iirc.

spice, here are the directions (thank you Karmady)

AFAIK it has never been reported what time Cooper was suppose to be picked up. We haven't seen anything from LE or the family about that yet.

Well, if someone was supposed to drop Cooper off and "forgot" for 7 hours. Then someone was supposed to pick Cooper up at some point as well. He was on his way to daycare so of course someone was supposed to pick him up that day.

It was stated early on that the routine was that RH dropped him off every day, and Mom picked him up from daycare every day because she worked part time and RH worked full time.

So, on the day his father "Forgot" to drop him off in the morning..who was supposed to pick him up?

If it was Mom's usual routine as has been reported, why didn't she on this day? Or did she intend too but RH left work before she could get there and staged his discovery of Cooper?

If it was RH was supposed to drop him off AND pick him up why was he on his way to meet friends for drinks at 4:20 P.M.?

We know who was SUPPOSED to drop the baby off at daycare that day.

Who was supposed to be picking up Cooper that day? And why didn't it happen?

Did Mom usually pick him up at around 5 or so? Is that why RH left work at 4:20, and "discovered Cooper" in the parking lot before mom would arrive at daycare?

Did mom usually pick him up earlier in the day? If so, what changed? Who initiated the change? What planning of pick up/drop off occurred between the parents?

Did daycare attempt to contact RH or LH to alert that cooper had not arrived? That daycare does not refund for absences, so it is my opinion that they would likely contact a parent for that reason as well as for safety reasons and due diligence.

I'm reading backwards and trying to catch up. Is mom now a suspect ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ASAIK no, not officially.

CNN was reporting though that she's being investigated. I don't know if that's their interpretation regarding her being questioned about the searches of if they're aware of more that's going on.

I couldn't find any articles stating she was officially a POI or anything more. But it's still early in the investigation, time will tell.

I too was very confused and surprised when I first started researching these charges. I was unaware til this case that GA has no degrees of murder, no involuntary manslaughter, etc. It is very cut dried and simplistic - you do something someone dies you can be charged with murder. without those degrees of mitigation. Very different from my own state.

But I do not feel that LE believes there was no intent to harm in this case. I think they wholeheartedly believe there WAS. I think they simply do not have enough evidence to charge it as premeditated and this is a workaround available and afforded to them by law in order to throw the book at him.

And before anyone asks, yes, I am okay with that. If there are those who would say that is unfair that is baloney, then I would ask those persons how many cases have you followed where you thought the accused was guilty and a clever DA managed to find a way to charge them and throw the book at them despite that task offering some challenges and despite them being unable to charge the person as heavily as you felt they should have been? Were you supportive of the DA and LE doing so in that case?
BBM

Georgia does have involuntary manslaughter in it's criminal statutes.

16-5-3. Involuntary manslaughter

(a) A person commits the offense of involuntary manslaughter in the commission of an unlawful act when he causes the death of another human being without any intention to do so by the commission of an unlawful act other than a felony. A person who commits the offense of involuntary manslaughter in the commission of an unlawful act, upon conviction thereof, shall be punished by imprisonment for not less than one year nor more than ten years.

(b) A person commits the offense of involuntary manslaughter in the commission of a lawful act in an unlawful manner when he causes the death of another human being without any intention to do so, by the commission of a lawful act in an unlawful manner likely to cause death or great bodily harm. A person who commits the offense of involuntary manslaughter in the commission of a lawful act in an unlawful manner, upon conviction thereof, shall be punished as for a misdemeanor.

In my opinion, involuntary manslaughter seems to fit this case better than felony murder.

http://law.justia.com/codes/georgia/2010/title-16/chapter-5/article-1/16-5-3

redditt is generally ******** so not possible to link. Admin has decided you can discuss his postings via paraphrase. Another member that knows how to search it can (pretty please one of you) post the how-to.

go to that site (can't type it out because of censor). googling reddit will get you the link to the main site.

in the search box upper right of main page search the username

RoscoeUA

a list of topics will pop up that he has participated in. click on an item in the list and the rest of the conversation appears.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gretyr