GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Never seen nor heard of anyone talking about the bright side of death or afterward.

Only if the person was terminal and in pain. In my experience anyway

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you go to one of the first posts in this thread, by Salem, you will see links to every other thread on this case.

Understand but I've tried to find it by navigating from home page and I don't see it under crime news. I wonder how a visitor or anyone could find the start via home page? Is it under another category now?

*****BINGO****** cant believe i didnt think of this - and its SO OBVIOUS and needs to be REPEATED.

Bodhi

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10681347&postcount=821

There are two glaring gaps in the parents' accounts that won't allow me to believe this was just an unfortunate accident. We can debate whether it is likely Ross would have noticed the smell in the car or how likely it is to forget a toddler on such a short drive. But, for me, the overriding issue is when Ross realized he'd left Cooper was in the back seat. In all scenarios I can imagine, it would have been before Ross drove away from the office/daycare area.

The first hurdle to believing Ross's story is IMO the childcare center would have contacted one or both parents when the child did not arrive. Perhaps that can be explained away because the child had been sick and the staff assumed that he wasn't coming. I think it's unlikely for this daycare, which is a business not an in-home daycare IIRC, to not follow up with a call if a parent has not contacted them. Schools do that. It is in the child's interest and the protection of the business's interest (like liability).

The major obstacle for me is why the alarm was not raised earlier. It wasn't raised until after the father drove away from office/daycare area. To me, that weighs heavily against the parents being truthful and indicates they may have been acting in concert.

Leanna got out of work earlier than Ross and she routinely picked Cooper up then. Why didn't she go to childcare that day? If she followed their usual pattern, the alarm would have been raised as soon as she realized the child was not at childcare.

If Leanna for some reason was not picking up Cooper that particular day, she would have communicated that to Ross and probably to the daycare. But Ross was driving away from the area and told LE he was going to meet friends for drinks. So he was not planning to pick up Cooper at daycare.

It's a Catch-22. Ross's story can only be true if Leanna was picking up Cooper as usual. But we know she didn't go to the daycare or the parents would have realized Cooper hadn't been dropped off in the morning before Ross left work. I can't think of a plausible scenario that would account for this.

JLSChook, Karmady and members, I shamefully admit that I do read my script before posting it. I posted Cooper's name erroneously as Conner twice this evening and have edited each post. I am deeply regretful for I meant no harm to Cooper Ross' precious memory.

omg DeDee...His name is Cooper Mills Harris. No Ross! :scared::loveyou:

*****BINGO****** cant believe i didnt think of this - and its SO OBVIOUS and needs to be REPEATED.

I don't think it's being ignored. There's just no info about it yet. I think many posters have said that what happened with the daycare is likely to be critical to their minds.

If Cooper had been sick in the days before he died, was he absent from daycare too? Would they be less likely to call if they knew he was sick? Maybe, Ross even told the daycare that Cooper isn't feeling well and will be absent for a few days to guarantee they wouldn't call...

Understand but I've tried to find it by navigating from home page and I don't see it under crime news. I wonder how a visitor or anyone could find the start via home page? Is it under another category now?

I don't even know what the home page here looks like. The forum this thread is on is titled "Crimes-Spotlight on Children". You can see it from the main forum page under "Current Events."

If Cooper had been sick in the days before he died, was he absent from daycare too? Would they be less likely to call if they knew he was sick? Maybe, Ross even told the daycare that Cooper isn't feeling well and will be absent for a few days to guarantee they wouldn't call...

I asked about the "sick" earlier today and others did, too. I don't think there's any verification that he was sick. Just that he was having trouble sleeping in his own bed.

What's with the "snot and tears in the dirt" phrase? It reminds of the words that the little boy's mom said at his funeral and then come to find out his step daddy beat him and threw him in the river :( Just odd wording, in my opinion.

Salem
Written as a member and not a moderator, so please feel free to disagree.
Was it a heap of...
sounds like something an abused woman would say.
She should be but because of what she has endured she isn't. Maybe bitter is the word?
Almost everything she said was about how she was unhappy with her life.
Not much about what she would miss about her precious boy.
Can't fault her. I feel sorry for her.,moo

JLSChook, Karmady and members, I shamefully admit that I do read my script before posting it. I posted Cooper's name erroneously as Conner twice this evening and have edited each post. I am deeply regretful for I meant no harm to Cooper Harris' precious memory.

Oh, no worries at all! We're all human and it's an honest mistake. :loveyou:

This may be an unpopular view but there are some who are big lumbering arrogant goofs and he may be one of those.

A big loveable teddy bear to the world but thick headed.
The part that is inconceivable to me is this:

RH made 2 trips to his car - once at lunch and again at the end of the day - and nothing jogged his memory and caused him to remember that he'd forgotten to take Cooper to daycare. For 7 hours he didn't think about his child - a child who had been so sick that he'd been sleeping in the parents' bed for 2 nights. Then, 10 minutes into his drive home, "something" happened that caused him to pull over and check on his child.

I just can't believe that anyone, much less a caring parent, could be so oblivious.

Was it a heap of...
sounds like something an abused woman would say.
She should be but because of what she has endured she isn't. Maybe bitter is the word?
Almost everything she said was about how she was unhappy with her life.
Not much about what she would miss about her precious boy.
Can't fault her. I feel sorry for her.,moo

Even with the slanted media coverage, I didn't get that at all. Her description of turning over in bed and getting his open mouthed toddler breathing in her face and cherishing it forever is definitely something I can relate to. jmo

I click on 'new posts.' Was here for YEARS and never saw it and a nice member mentioned it.

I wondered if maybe he was starting to show signs of not being the "perfect kid". Not talking as well, not as athletic, showing signs of autism.

From previous posts, Dad seemed to be a bragger and they waited for this baby for a long time. Were expectations really high and he wasn't living up to Dad's standards?

Probably VERY far off, but I guess a thought that keeps popping up in my head. Plus, I read way too many sad stories!

Poor baby Cooper
ALL just my opinions and thoughts

Something is really off with the father's actions that morning, imo. They seem calculated to be hurtful to the mother. Someone posted that the mother is a registered dietician. If so, I find it difficult to believe she was okay with her son having breakfast at Chic fil-A. The father then "forgot" to take the child to his daycare and "forgot" to pick him up. He made plans to meet friends after work. Did he phone his wife and let her know he wasn't coming straight home? If she was out of town, did he call her to see if she had returned? The motive may be one of control.

At the risk of being overly blunt, appearances alone suggest that the accused was a frequent patron of various fast food establishments. I could see this being a bone of contention between the parents.

Never seen nor heard of anyone talking about the bright side of death or afterward.

Patsy Ramsey did. She said JonBenét would never have to know the pain of losing a child or the possibility of getting cancer. In her deposition, she said she was scared of dying but she wasn't after JonBenét died because "she had to go there" and she could enjoy her son in the meantime.

Would Leanna be able to pick up Cooper from daycare, since it was for Home Depot employees? They could be very strict about that. My mom's company also uses Bright Horizons daycare, and of course this differs by company, but at her work, you need to have your employee pass to get passed the guards and enter the campus (where the daycare + work buildings are). Maybe you need a special pass to enter the daycare building, one that only Home Depot employees are able to receive.

I asked about the "sick" earlier today and others did, too. I don't think there's any verification that he was sick. Just that he was having trouble sleeping in his own bed.

some of us were recalling that 22 months can be teething time for second molars and they can be bears ..... very hard on some kids, rashes, fevers, trots the whole gamut -- very fun time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reneej08