GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not sure what a power poster is but dadgum it I think I am a power thank you er. I know I miss thanking some posts and it bothers me. I had my precious grands today and was logged in here..about every 3 hours I would run to see if anything new had happened...was logged in all day but usually have the computer on here all day anyway. Useless info for ya but I feel better!

Understand but I've tried to find it by navigating from home page and I don't see it under crime news. I wonder how a visitor or anyone could find the start via home page? Is it under another category now?

I think every thread you post in will be in your subscribed threads as well. Click on USERCP at the top and you should see all threads you posted in or subscribed to.

Also, what RANCH said works.

ETA--What Nana said works great too! Click on New Posts

I don't even know what the home page here looks like. The forum this thread is on is titled "Crimes-Spotlight on Children". You can see it from the main forum page under "Current Events."

Actually it's not the home page I'm referring but the 'All Forums' page which lists all of the categories. Originally I found this story under Current Events>>Crime News. It was on the first page of Crime News.

In the last few days it's not there anymore and I wondered why such a popular story would be moved and where it was moved to? I looked thru the three or four pages of Crime News but it's not there anymore. Strange.

some of us were recalling that 22 months can be teething time for second molars and they can be bears ..... very hard on some kids, rashes, fevers, trots the whole gamut -- very fun time

Agree probably teething.

You are right. Many large corporations have media and legal departments. It's important to remember that the death is allegedly presumed to have happened on their property. In which case, all requests for interviews would have to be approved by the legal department merely for liability reasons. I am sure they put a gag on all employee's not to speak to the media.

Of course I can't verify this - I can only speculate. So far we have only heard from a neighbor, but I don't think we've heard from the employer, or his associates -- which makes me think they've been gagged.

Again, just my opinion.

Melanie

I am playing catch up here after a long work day. Can you link to the post or msm source where a neighbor was heard from? Thanks in advance!

Betcha he didn't forget his cell phone, day planner, LUNCH, or anything that he really needed that morning. :banghead:

You're on to something here. I would certainly like to know his schedule that day. Did he go to meetings, did he meet any job deadlines, what were his internet searches, did he eat lunch, was he cheerful. That would be a story unto itself wouldn't it. Did he veer from any regular habits.

I worked for a boss as an assistant for 12 years, and I always knew when something was up. He may have said - please cancel all my meetings, or wouldn't answer his phone, or take the calls that I suggested. It didn't happen very often - but usually related to home life (his daughters were both bi-polar).

Woah-boy...I sure would like to know what he did that day inside the office.

MOO

Mel

Not sure if this link will work, but from what I've put together this is the route JH should have taken, roughly, if he had actually taken his son to daycare and then went to work.
https://www.google.com/maps/dir/121...b59be6!2m2!1d-84.476212!2d33.862076!3e0?hl=en
It's possible, but at 8:30am that ride could take him an hour.

He would avoid highways and the interstate. He would stay on Powers Ferry then turn right towards Akers Mill.
jmo as I grew up there and my dad and in laws live within 3 miles from Wynne's Ridge.

Mid day, I would agree he might go that way!

ETA: Let me rephrase. That is the way I would go.
I have no idea what cut through he might take, but traffic on 75 south and 285 is a joke...
I didn't mean to sound snippy.

Actually it's not the home page I'm referring but the 'All Forums' page which lists all of the categories. Originally I found this story under Current Events>>Crime News. It was on the first page of Crime News.

In the last few days it's not there anymore and I wondered why such a popular story would be moved and where it was moved to? I looked thru the three or four pages of Crime News but it's not there anymore. Strange.

When looking at the forum index, Current Events, it's under Crimes-Spotlight on Children [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=418"]Crimes-Spotlight on Children - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame] which is right under Crimes in the News

I am playing catch up here after a long work day. Can you link to the post or msm source where a neighbor was heard from? Thanks in advance!

I'm so sorry LJ - I can't find it now. There was an older gal sitting in a car at the funeral who was in support of him. If I find it again, I'll be sure to send it to you.

Please accept my apologies.

Melanie

I don't think "everyone" would investigate an odor before driving off, it if weren't horrific.

I don't think anyone at this crime scene vomited except dear little Cooper. To me, that means the smell wasn't horrific. When people experience shock and a horrific smell, they often vomit.

So. To the bolded part, I'd say no. If he had planned ahead of time to kill his child and was on the way to make his dramatic appearance, after having successfully killed his baby, I don't think a little smell that didn't cause him to vomit would cause him to derail his dastardly plan and yank his car into a mall parking lot and rant and rave. That doesn't seem plausible to me.

I respect everyone's opinion also, and try to respond respectfully.

really? :confused:

I don't think it's being ignored. There's just no info about it yet. I think many posters have said that what happened with the daycare is likely to be critical to their minds.

I asked several of my friends that have children in various daycare centers here in GA ( large corporate multi location centers) 4 for 4 said they do not receive a all nor email inquiry when they keep their child home from school. One of the 4 texts the teacher if her son won't be there because they have become friendly.My 4 year old goes to preschool just a couple of days a week and the parent handbook requests if the child is going to be out more than 3 days to notify them via email. I have never gotten a call when I've kept her home. Even the public school don't call until the 3rd day from what I understand. I worked in a daycare years and years ago. There was a director, assistant director and a administrator who also greeted parents when they came in to pick up and drop off. Besides them and the cook it was just us teachers. aids and the kids. We filled out daily reports for the parents each day so that's how we kept track of who was there and who wasnt. Other than that we might have only seen the admin staff when we came and left for lunch. In the classroom there is no time to stop and call, There are a lot of kids and each teacher runs their room differently. Daycare is also not like reg school. Kids are dropped off and picked up at random times through out the day depending on the parents schedule. Once they hit 4 the schedule gets stricter because of pre-k.

Another tidbit I heard on HLN tonight w Nancy Grace. The dad was headed after work for drinks and a movie with friends.

Another tidbit I heard on HLN tonight w Nancy Grace. The dad was headed after work for drinks and a movie with friends.
Yeah, I am not seeing where the church in Marietta had Wednesday night services.
I thought he might have been headed there.

Would Leanna be able to pick up Cooper from daycare, since it was for Home Depot employees? They could be very strict about that. My mom's company also uses Bright Horizons daycare, and of course this differs by company, but at her work, you need to have your employee pass to get passed the guards and enter the campus (where the daycare + work buildings are). Maybe you need a special pass to enter the daycare building, one that only Home Depot employees are able to receive.

I would have to imagine parents and whoever is on the child's emergency contact list can access the daycare. That would be a major obstacle most wood not want to deal with. IMO Besides it has been determined that she did pick him up daily

Patsy Ramsey did. She said JonBenét would never have to know the pain of losing a child or the possibility of getting cancer. In her deposition, she said she was scared of dying but she wasn't after JonBenét died because "she had to go there" and she could enjoy her son in the meantime.

The mothers of Lyric Cook and Elizabeth Collins made some interesting statements at their daughters' funerals, too. Different coping mechanisms I guess. I personally cannot imagine thinking a dead child was having a better Christmas than a living child, but to each their own.

"We know God was with them the whole entire time," she said. "We know where they are now. They're in such a much better place. They're going to have such a much better Christmas than we are."

http://www.wqow.com/story/20341384/2012/12/13/family-of-lyric-cook-planning-memorial-services

I asked several of my friends that have children in various daycare centers here in GA ( large corporate multi location centers) 4 for 4 said they do not receive a all nor email inquiry when they keep their child home from school. One of the 4 texts the teacher if her son won't be there because they have become friendly.My 4 year old goes to preschool just a couple of days a week and the parent handbook requests if the child is going to be out more than 3 days to notify them via email. I have never gotten a call when I've kept her home. Even the public school don't call until the 3rd day from what I understand. I worked in a daycare years and years ago. There was a director, assistant director and a administrator who also greeted parents when they came in to pick up and drop off. Besides them and the cook it was just us teachers. aids and the kids. We filled out daily reports for the parents each day so that's how we kept track of who was there and who wasnt. Other than that we might have only seen the admin staff when we came and left for lunch. In the classroom there is no time to stop and call, There are a lot of kids and each teacher runs their room differently. Daycare is also not like reg school. Kids are dropped off and picked up at random times through out the day depending on the parents schedule. Once they hit 4 the schedule gets stricter because of pre-k.

The only time I've ever gotten somewhat timely calls is when my kids were school age and being transported from the school to the aftercare. I honestly don't recall what the policy was when they were toddlers. But I don't remember ever getting a call.

The mothers of Lyric Cook and Elizabeth Collins made some interesting statements at their daughters' funerals, too. Different coping mechanisms I guess. I personally cannot imagine thinking a dead child was having a better Christmas than a living child, but to each their own.

http://www.wqow.com/story/20341384/2012/12/13/family-of-lyric-cook-planning-memorial-services

I'm an atheist, and even I can understand how the devout would believe that in their hearts. jmo

Salem,

Asking ya as a moderator ...sorry for making you change your hat....

What is power posting?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay - I have seen a couple posts about this in my reading tonight and I feel bad that I have left so many of you wondering exactly what is meant, for WS purposes, by this term. So... let me try to explain it better.

Power posting occurs when a member has a strong opinion about something or a strong position on a case. Every time another member tries to post something to get a discussion going, the power poster MUST respond. Often with just a one liner, that does nothing but shoot the conversation down, or reiterates their position on the case and again stops the conversation. It's not necessary and it prevents valid discussion of other aspects of a case.

State your opinion and let others know your position. That's all good. Then let others have the opportunity to do the same. It's not necessary to restate your opinion/position after every post. We got it and we are not going to forget just because there is another discussion happening. We got it. It's all good.

I think one of the best cases we have had recently that demonstrates power posting is the Redwine case. If a poster didn't believe MR was guilty, every post they made was raked over the coals and every discussion was derailed.

I hope that helps. Please feel free to send me a pm if you need more clarification. We don't want you to be scared to post, but by the same token, we don't want others to be scared to post.

Also - when I say "we" I mean the mods and when I say "you" I mean our members collectively and not any one individual.

Salem

I don't think most of my local day cares call parents for absences, either, because there is no set "start" time to each day as there is in grade school.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reneej08