GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Decomp or not......when most people die bowels are evacuated. THAT would smell.

At what church? Since they were married in a Church of Christ church in Tuscaloosa and they had Cooper's funeral at that same church, leads me to believe that they are Church of Christ believers. Unless things have changed, they have no music in the Church of Christ. IOW, they don't believe in having music in church. Does anyone have a link that says what church they attended. Not that it matters, but I would just like to know because I haven't seen it posted anywhere.
Obituary says David Eldridge officiating.

http://m.legacy.com/obituaries/tuscaloosa/obituary.aspx?n=&pid=171490524&referrer=0&preview=True

David Eldridge preaches at the Church they attend in Marietta.
http://stonebridgemarietta.org/staff/

I have a gut feeling that we'll be hearing a lot more about the father's psychopathology in due time.

IMO, he is a man capable of leading a double-life. He is a psychopath. He is nothing like what he tries to present to the real world.

....we shall see.....

Message to Dad: Hey Dad, there's no return, exchange, or refund for a kid. And if being a Dad isn't convenient for you or the kid is not perfect enough for you (& it's always about you, Dad)......there are other alternatives but they require maturity, mindfulness, respect for others, humility, and compassion. Psychopaths are void of that. Yep.
But don'tcha worry, Dad......karma will come for you but it won't be in a little package that can't defend itself. You'll see.

Wow! If he had why would she trust him with the child's safety? I'm not sure I believe that she is being honest. If he was that forgetful how could he have held down any kind of job. JMO

Unfortunately, too many marriages also end after the birth of the child. According to reports, this couple tried for years to get pregnant. Dealing for years with infertility carries a lot of stress and emotion and after they do succeed, after the birth sometimes one parent is overprotective to an extreme. I do wonder if that is what happened in this case and hubby was trying to teach his wife a "lesson" and it got out of hand.

JMO

Also, just because a baby is very wanted doesn't make being a parent any easier! My husband and I had horrible trials conceiving. We ended up having to do ICSI with IVF and I had to have surgery to remove growth from my uterus. We lost our first baby in the second trimester. With my son I spent four months on complete bed rest, two in the hospital. It was very touch and go and I had partial placental abruption and could have died! It was such an emotionally and financially taxing journey and I had to remind myself of that daily when I was dealing with a baby with severe colic at 8 weeks old! I can almost laugh about it now, but when he was crying all day long and there was NOTHING I or his doctor could do to stop it, it was the hardest time of my life! I just kept telling myself, I wanted this and nobody said it would be easy! I felt like such a failure and cried right along with him! There couldn't be a more wanted baby than my son, but I still laid in a fetal position and wailed, "What have I done? I'm a horrible mother! I'm terrible at this and he's the saddest baby in the world!" To my husband! Then, magically, at four months he woke up one day and didn't have colic anymore and it's been getting more and more fun every since!

My point, after my long personal story, is even if a baby is very wanted it does not change the fact being a parent is harder than you could ever imagine before you actually have a child. It's so completely life altering and you could never be prepared for it!

I think she thinks the world is broken because of what's happened to her husband. jmo

I'll continue to hope you aren't right because if you are, this case rises to truly heinous, imo. There is no rational defense to her husband's actions.

Even though I repeatedly stated that a clear motive would make me see this case differently I was confronted with multiple posts about how motive was not necessary to prove guilt.

I never said it did. I was only stating how it would effect my personnel view of this case. A lack of motive is a weakness in the States case at this time IMO.

I'm with you. Motive might not be necessary in a court of law but it would sure go a long way in the court of Snoopy, in large part because my heart/head do not want to wrap around the idea that a parent would willingly put their child through such a horrendous, tortuous death. I want more proof before I land squarely on the "oh he's so guilty of planning the death of his child" side of the fence because it is such a foreign concept to me. Even though I know it happens, my brain just wants to reject the idea.

I suppose some people would need a confession, an eye witness plus who knows what else to believe a person could kill their child.

You are right and we have had seemingly healthy high schoolers drop dead on the field at practice. In fact they practice from 6-8am and late in the evening now.
He knew that. imo

Yep, and here they are not allowed to practice if the heat has reached a certain degree.....too many deaths on football fields.

What time will Ross Harris see Magistrate Judge on Thursday? Any live feed?

Wow! If he had why would she trust him with the child's safety? I'm not sure I believe that she is being honest. If he was that forgetful how could he have held down any kind of job. JMO
Betcha he didn't forget his cell phone, day planner, LUNCH, or anything that he really needed that morning. :banghead:

All I can say is my heart is with Cooper not his worthless Dad. JMO

Salem you keep moving the thread every few days and now I can't find it via crime news. Where can you find a link to the original posts?

I'm with you. Motive might not be necessary in a court of law but it would sure go a long way in the court of Snoopy, in large part because my heart/head do not want to wrap around the idea that a parent would willingly put their child through such a horrendous, tortuous death. I want more proof before I land squarely on the "oh he's so guilty of planning the death of his child" side of the fence because it is such a foreign concept to me. Even though I now it happens, my brain just wants to reject the idea.

This may be an unpopular view but there are some who are big lumbering arrogant goofs and he may be one of those.

A big loveable teddy bear to the world but thick headed.

I suppose some people would need a confession, an eye witness plus who knows what else to believe a person could kill their child.

A high definition video of it ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Salem you keep moving the thread every few days and now I can't find it via crime news. Where can you find a link to the original posts?

They are usually carried over and linked in one of the first posts of a new thread. Here you go:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10681800&postcount=2"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #6[/ame]

OK - I am 10 pages behind -so someone may have already said this. I have also thought that LE may have more evidence on video of his actions both at lunch and after 4 pm. If the video is good enough - perhaps even showing him turning his head to look at the car seat?

Someone mentioned that since he is IT he should know about the parking lot cameras - but as was pointed out - he was not truly an IT guy there but a web-designer so he probably didn't deal with those types of things.

I just continue to believe that LE has something else major that we will hear about in due time - based on :
1 - how quickly he was arrested and charged
2. - statement of the Sgt. Dana Pierce
3. - statement of Randy Travis

I hope (if they have something ) that it is clear cut and not ambiguous.

As always - we will have to wait and see.....

JR was taken in for questioning because the odor of death reeking from his vehicle and his tiny son's body was in rigor. LE charged him after learning he performed an internet search on how long it takes to die in a hot car.

Cooper, his was not a quick death. It was like being strapped in a scalding sauna with clothes on. As the temperatures continued to climb, his body functions began shutting down, forcing Cooper to gasp for each breath of hot air. It was very painful as his muscles twitched from dehydration. I do not believe this child went quietly. There must be signs on his little clothes or his carseat of him attempting to resist the painful intense, unrelenting hyperthermia.

I expect the District Attorney will only charge Mr. Harris with felony murder if the investigation proves that Mr. Harris knew his son was in the backseat while he went to work that day. That doesn’t mean that Mr. Harris intended to kill his son, but it does show the kind of “reckless disregard” required for criminal negligence and child cruelty."
~ Reporter Randy Travis

http://www.pagepate.com/justin-ross-harris-charged-murder-leaving-child-hot-car/

Forgot him for 7 hours! Not a few minutes or even an hour...but seven hours! If he did that he doesn't have walking around sense!

JR was taken in for questioning because the odor of death reeking from his vehicle and his tiny son's body was in rigor. LE charged him after learning he performed an internet search on how long it takes to die in a hot car.

Connor, his was not a quick death. It was like being strapped in a scalding sauna with clothes on. As the temperatures continued to climb, his body functions began shutting down, forcing Connor to gasp for each breath of hot air. It was very painful as his muscles twitched from dehydration. I do not believe this child went quietly. There must be signs on his little clothes or his carseat of him attempting to resist the painful intense, unrelenting hyperthermia.

I'm still holding out hope Cooper was sedated. Waiting on those tox screens

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members