GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
News reporters on Atlanta station WXIA 11 just said they have from a source that the searches on the Internet were done before the 18th, by both parents. Prosecutors will lay out case on Thursday to show it was premeditated. The reporter also states she has requested the jail log and audio and the Sheriff has denied her request. They also reached out to the church they attend and the church made only the statement "We love and support the Harris family."

Pretty deep report giving details of both. I don't have a link yet since it's live, but I'll post it if one pops up. There will be more up in the 7 pm newscast, you may be able to watch live online.

Premeditation? I wonder if they are going for the death penalty also?

It was stated he was meeting friends, I never saw anything about drinks. He could say he was planning on picking him up at closing which is at what time? 6:30? I guess it depends on where he was meeting at and for what... I am sure LE looked into all of that. jmo
It was a Wednesday night. Sounds like maybe church to me, he was lead guitar there.

Had he driven to the front of the Uncle Maddio's pizza place there is an enormous parking lot, a Cinco's restaurant can be seen a
Sports Authority
Bed Bath Beyond
Toys R Us
Longhorn's
Chic fil a (different one)
& several other stores.

Pulling in behind the restaurant I find odd.

Look around for yourself. Then ask youself, if I panicked and need help for my baby ASAP ,am I pulling in behind the stores with locked delivery doors or in front where I can run in?
He got help so I'm not sure it matters.

http://goo.gl/maps/N8QPK
moo

You are right - I didn't catch that. He pulled in BEHIND a Cobb County strip mall. Now why would he do that - there are few people behind strip malls. I guess he was heard screaming according to the video. But it clearly states where he pulled his car into at the 1:30 mark on the attached MSM video.

That just raised my hinky meter a little bit higher, as I always thought he pulled in FRONT of the pizza joint.

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/pa...r-charge-dropped/story-fnet085v-1226966559570

Thanks, and MOO

Mel

Statement from a long-time friend of the dad's:

http://www.al.com/news/tuscaloosa/index.ssf/2014/06/i_have_trouble_thinking_about.html

I had to delete the rest of my post. :blushing:

From your link:

"There's going to be a trial, his peers are going to decide his fate and I think the truth is going to prevail then."

I must say I agree with this quote, but I believe Mr. Gordon and I have different opinions about what the truth is in this case.

News reporters on Atlanta station WXIA 11 just said they have from a source that the searches on the Internet were done before the 18th, by both parents. Prosecutors will lay out case on Thursday to show it was premeditated. The reporter also states she has requested the jail log and audio and the Sheriff has denied her request. They also reached out to the church they attend and the church made only the statement "We love and support the Harris family."

Pretty deep report giving details of both. I don't have a link yet since it's live, but I'll post it if one pops up. There will be more up in the 7 pm newscast, you may be able to watch live online.

This is all so incredibly wrong and effed up. If this was premeditated, I might just switch teams and become a death penalty advocate.

Premeditation? I wonder if they are going for the death penalty also?
That was not mentioned but there are supposed to be legal analysts on the next newscast to discuss this case. I'm sure it will come up then. I'll report back.

From your link:

I must say I agree with this quote, but I believe Mr. Gordon and I have different opinions about what the truth is in this case.

That was written before the release of warrants and the funeral so maybe he doesn't have the same views now...

I'm interested to see what proof of premed the have now that they didnt have less than a week ago when they reduced the cruelty charge from 1st degree which would have included intent?

I was talking to my husband about the case earlier and he mentioned that a horror podcast he subscribes to called "No Sleep" had a story just like the case, a parent left their child in the car and returned to find them hours later after work. Getting him to find it right now. Wonder if RH was subscribed to this podcast?

ETA: found it... Was released April 2013, called "Autopilot". You can find the story if you search the podcast and look in the archives.

You are right Popsicle, it just states that RH was "Meeting up with friends after work".

For some reason, I added "for drinks". Maybe its because I need one right about now. LOL.

It is a pretty reasonable inference to make. When a man meets friends after work, during happy hour, they usually are going to eat and knock back a few beers.

If he was meeting them at a gym or a basketball court, then that would be different. And maybe he was?

During discussions on the internet about intent, I have thought of ways that would be foolproof. Not my kids, it never occurred to me to do it. My imagination doesn't involve my children or anyone I know, nor would I ever do it.

But when I'm in a discussion about something that was either planned or accidental my mind has wandered. At the time I mentioned it, a lot of people piped up and said "I KNOW!! HAHA that's what you get from being on Websleuths! An active imagination and a knowledge of an investigation."

As plans go, this one here isn't a very good one. Especially since he's being accused of planning it down to the most incredibly minute detail.

Prisons are overflowing with "poor planners" that never considered they'd get caught.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Prisons are overflowing with "poor planners" that never considered they'd get caught.

Right. People do think they can get away with murder.

If he were planning all this - where to park, to pull in to a parking lot with "witnesses", to go in late to work so as to avoid others in the parking lot, and no one would hear his baby cry because it's not rush hour in the parking lot, and THEN he'd plan to go out to the car in midday and apparently not noticed a deceased child in there.

I don't see it. If this were a plan, he wouldn't have gone out there and opened up the car and made everyone so suspicious.

Seems to me.

+1!

Was it you who also mentioned the Justin Barber yesterday, too? After killing his wife he drove 10 miles, claiming there had been nowhere to stop. Police showed there were 2 24-hr gas stations on the way, open restaurants at the time, and some homes along the way. When confronted with that he said, "I didn't want to get an old man out of bed." Right. My wife is dying and I don't want to stir a stranger! It's been shown time and time again that when people say, "I panicked," what they're hiding is, "I wanted to put some time/distance between myself and this crime."

That episode was on Forensic Files last week. I had never heard of that crime before and looked it after I saw it.

Something else has been niggling at me. I hope it doesn't sound 'nitpicky. But it really stood out to me the way that mom described how Cooper's joyful birth affected them/

She said he ' turned our lives upside down.' I know that babies change our lives immensely. But 'turning upside down' is kind of a negative description, imo. I wonder if that is a clue somehow to how they were affected?

What a bizarre statement!

Catching up.....

1. Do we know what time Ross normally left work every day? If there was some type of failed plan for someone to find Cooper earlier in the day, was he leaving work early as to beat the time the wife was to pick him up from daycare?

2. The windows on the vehicle look pretty tinted. If there was hope that someone would notice him, I suppose that would be a lot harder with the tinted windows.

3. What was so important that he needed to go out to his vehicle at the lunch period?

4. If the daycare is near his employment, is it possible that as he was driving he could have seen the daycare which jarred the memory that he never dropped the child off in the morning making him pull over suddenly?

5. Do we know if the daycare tried to call either parent that day?
BBM

Probably le knows by now. So far, most msm articles aren't addressing much past the fact that RH allegedly forgot about his baby.

I'd imagine both the daycare and Home Depot are deep in cover your *advertiser censored** mode by now ; with all of the media attention surrounding this case.
:moo:

You know, I was just thinking… In this day and age when everybody takes cell phone video of any remotely newsworthy incident, I'm surprised we haven't heard that somebody took cell phone video of this guys reaction upon pulling over.

Not that I agree with that per se, I mean I think it's kind of a macabre idea, but maybe we will hear that somebody did take cell phone video. I doubt it, because I think we would've heard of it by now but that sure might answer some questions if someone did.

I can only hope it's because there is a tiny little shred of human decency left in this world. Of course it is great for sleuthing, but at the time it probably just looked like a horribly tragic event (not a crime).

Right. People do think they can get away with murder.

If he were planning all this - where to park, to pull in to a parking lot with "witnesses", to go in late to work so as to avoid others in the parking lot, and no one would hear his baby cry because it's not rush hour in the parking lot, and THEN he'd plan to go out to the car in midday and apparently not noticed a deceased child in there.

I don't see it. If this were a plan, he wouldn't have gone out there and opened up the car and made everyone so suspicious.

Seems to me.

Are you talking about at lunchtime?

I'm Thinking his child wasn't dead yet...he may have been in a coma...& making those CHOKING sounds he claims to have heard.

BBM

Probably le knows by now. So far, most msm articles aren't addressing much past the fact that RH allegedly forgot about his baby. As if any good parent just "forgets" they have a baby in their car. smh !! :banghead:

I'd imagine both the daycare and Home Depot are deep in cover your *advertiser censored** mode by now ; with all of the media attention surrounding this case.
:moo:

Why would Home Depot be in cover up mode?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melavista21