GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would Home Depot threaten employee's with firing if they talk to the media. If this is true they will have some major legal issues in store for them. And for what reason. Sorry, but it doesn't make any sense to me.

I'm guessing because:
a) HD didn't have all the "facts" yet (and not sure any of us do, really)
b) He was a HD employee
c)It happened on HD property
d)It happened during his working hours, when he was at work

Why would HD need to cya? They have done nothing, they are not liable for an employee who kills a child on their property. I understand no comment by them but cya. HD even paid for the funeral. Jmo

ciao

Yeah, makes little sense for this to be cya. UNLESS they were supposed to have cameras in parking lot and they were not working due to HD's neglicence or something like that. I don't know, pure speculation here.

BBM

That would be their reason. Not that RH's horrifying actions (or inaction) is their fault; but the the association with having hired an alleged murderer.
I'd imagine they are deleting their in-store and outdoor security cam. video faster than you could sneeze !
However -- If I were the manager of that business, I'd preserve everything including the alleged perp's workdesk/area and hand it over to the cops. I'd be telling law enforcement : "Nail that sob and I'll do whatever I can to assist you !!"
I'd be telling my business underlings or coworkers to go to the cops and tell them anything about Ross Harris that seemed "off" or suspicious to you ..... like did he say anything like , " ... that kid is a burden... etc."
This is not Home Depot's fault, and I think people understand that.
( I'm not very sympathetic to those who hurt innocent adults , much less kids or babies ! )
:moo:

They better NOT try and delete any video.

It's already been turned over to LE anyway

Without that information verified, it's nothing more than a rumor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You're right, nothing but rumor. Take it for what you will.

I don't think an odor would have jarred my memory. I don't think I would go from GOOD GOD it smells in here, to therefore my child must be dead.

I might think a cat had crawled up in there, a diaper was left, something.

It seems in retrospect that an odor is obviously the deceased child, but that's because we know how this ends.

Would the odor give you cause to pause? Thankfully, I've never smelled death before, and hope never to in my lifetime. But folks who have, say they never forget it.

First responders said the car stunk to high heaven. And as a mom, I do know what a dirty diaper smells like -- it would have to be way way worse, IMHO.

As far as a cat crawling up in there. Up in where? To die? If I recall correctly, this theory was used in the Anthony case, and Amy Huizenga testified about text messages she received from Anthony about a stench in her car, which Anthony believed might have come from the car striking a dead animal.

I believe to this day, the stench was from a dead Caylee Anthony. But that case is over and done with - time to move on.

I respectfully don't think Harris thought an animal or a diaper caused the smell, but knew it was the smell of Cooper Harris - whom was left in a sweltering car for many hours.

Just my opinion.

Mel

A source close to the investigation told 11Alive that the search had taken place before the day that their son died – a fact that could be used by prosecutors to show that the death was premeditated.

Ross Harris told authorities that he forgot to drop his son off at daycare before he went to work at Home Depot.

While Ross Harris is charged with felony murder and child cruelty, his wife has not been charged. Yet police say their investigation is far from over.

"Telecommunication, text messaging, emailing between the mother and the father that day, they're gonna look at that before they make a decision that the mom's in the clear," he added.

Leanna Taylor and Ross Harris were married just over eight years ago in Tuscaloosa,where the child's funeral was held Saturday.

According to a 2006 newspaper wedding announcement, she attended the University of Alabama to study food and nutrition. She currently is a licensed dietitian in Georgia.

http://www.11alive.com/story/news/crime/2014/06/30/cooper-harris-hot-car-death-mother/11807695/

I know that many places (including my place of work) have a code of conduct regarding statements about colleagues to the media. Imagine if you were JRH's supervisor - or coworker. The media can offer money to get an exclusive interview and you could say something incriminating which could hinder investigations. Any people he worked with need to speak with LE, not media.

My company has a policy regarding talking to the press/media as well. Not in relation to a crime, just in general. I think most large corporations would have such a policy. Most large companies have a media relations department. I believe this is very standard. At least it is in my line of work.

If this is true, how does it explain both of their claims to have researched child car heat related deaths before it happened?

Looking up does not equal researching. I have looked it up. I know many parents that have looked it up. that alone is nothing but a contributor not something that on it's own makes someone guilty. IMO

You are right - I didn't catch that. He pulled in BEHIND a Cobb County strip mall. Now why would he do that - there are few people behind strip malls. I guess he was heard screaming according to the video. But it clearly states where he pulled his car into at the 1:30 mark on the attached MSM video.

That just raised my hinky meter a little bit higher, as I always thought he pulled in FRONT of the pizza joint.

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/pa...r-charge-dropped/story-fnet085v-1226966559570

Thanks, and MOO

Mel

Maybe he wanted to pull in by the dumpsters in an attempt to account for the odor coming out of his car.

It happens. My friend's son was working the front desk at the Hilton when Clara Harris had a fight with her husband in the lobby - right before she ran over him the parking lot. He gave an interview to the local paper and was fired for talking to the media.

You are right. Many large corporations have media and legal departments. It's important to remember that the death is allegedly presumed to have happened on their property. In which case, all requests for interviews would have to be approved by the legal department merely for liability reasons. I am sure they put a gag on all employee's not to speak to the media.

Of course I can't verify this - I can only speculate. So far we have only heard from a neighbor, but I don't think we've heard from the employer, or his associates -- which makes me think they've been gagged.

Again, just my opinion.

Melanie

Looking up does not equal researching. I have looked it up. I know many parents that have looked it up. that alone is nothing but a contributor not something that on it's own makes someone guilty. IMO

Looking it up is researching. It's researching an answer for some queery. Sorry to disagree. JMO

JVM is talking about this and I wish I could watch it but she is so loud and dramatic.
What bothers me is the dramatics about the case, The feelings about it. For me this is about facts and evidence.

I can not stand making a show of it all.

I have been sitting on my hands for this thread, but still sit here with my jaw hanging open (figuratively).

I do not have children and if my car stunk like anything other than old car, I'd be checking everywhere for the source, no question.

Agreed. Especially considering many guys (and a lot of women, too) love their cars so much they won't even let their kids EAT in them.

My company has a policy regarding talking to the press/media as well. Not in relation to a crime, just in general. I think most large corporations would have such a policy. Most large companies have a media relations department. I believe this is very standard. At least it is in my line of work.

Every place I worked said if you speak to the media at any time regarding anything you will be fired. Not gracefully but threatened! We were also told never to speak to LE ever no matter what.
So yes corporations can and do threaten their employees. (not saying it happened here but it does happen)

Reporter Nick said the grand=parents were suffering the most

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member