GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing I just remembered about my own childhood. My dad was supposed to take me to school (I was 5-6 or so) on his way to work. I crawled into the back of the VW bug (they have a little cubbyhole) and fell asleep. Dad forgot I was there until he made it to work and I jumped out of the cubbyhole and said HOLA!!!!. Needless to say he sh1111t his pants and called my mom immediately. It was all good, but he really forgot I was there (my dad is notoriously absent minded).

Had he walked out of the car, I would have eventually gone out also I imagine - was old enough to open the car I reckon. But thank god we will never know.

No. It wasn't me, but I agree. I am very happy he was caught. Again by forensics. He shot her and tried to drown her!

I am still not 100% convinced JRH will get out next week.

I just love it how all the people who "support" him refuse to go on camera and own up to it.

Yeah he is a great guy, but don't show my face and get off my property and don't come back.

WHATEVER!
moo

Your comments are so interesting, thanks! I don't have a TV at all, so I end up relying on the internet for commentary.

If I think about the people I love, I can totally imagine how someone could be in utter disbelief right after a person is arrested for something. I can see how it feels like its a grave injustice/huge mistake at the the moment.

I have so much respect and admiration for those friends and family who back away, who let rationality and evidence rule, and who and finally say, "I know they did it. Even though I love(d) them." That's got to be one of the hardest things in the world. Of course, it takes time and info to get there. I'd like to think I could be that way, but I also hope I never have to find out.

Is the mother a POI as well because of the Internet searches?

Right. People do think they can get away with murder.

If he were planning all this - where to park, to pull in to a parking lot with "witnesses", to go in late to work so as to avoid others in the parking lot, and no one would hear his baby cry because it's not rush hour in the parking lot, and THEN he'd plan to go out to the car in midday and apparently not noticed a deceased child in there.

I don't see it. If this were a plan, he wouldn't have gone out there and opened up the car and made everyone so suspicious.

Seems to me.

Nah, I have to disagree. I think sometimes people plan the actual "deed" and they plan their alibi, but when it's actually "go time" and they are about to put on the performance of their lives, they realize all the things they hadn't thought about... and they DO panic internally, anyway.

People don't think about things (like mentioned in other cases above: currents, limited edition hammers, or in THIS case the unexpected arrival of beat cops).

In other words, I think he planned Cooper's death, it was to be an "accident", he was the perfect father & would be left to grieve -- either something didn't go to plan & he had to improvise and failed OR while he was planning he took for granted all the little details that WE can see with hindsight being 20/20.

All just MO

early on in the first day or two of this case I thought I had read that mom worked part time, dad regularly dropped Cooper off, mom picked Cooper up around 2:30 but she was out of town that day (not at work) and therefore it was assumed that Ross was the one to be picking him up that day.

Heading out from work but will have to try to track down if that was fact speculation or rumor.

Was this recently reported?
I wonder where she was going? Was he angry or resented that he'd miss hanging out with his friends?
Maybe he took his resentment and anger out on Cooper. :(

Cover up to not let this tarnish their company. They did nothing wrong except employ this bouche dag.

I still don't get it. If they didn't do anything wrong then there's nothing to cover up.

[modsnip]

That does not surprise me at all. I don't think it's necessarily because they are CYA'ing. I think it's because LE told them to keep their mouths shut and allow this to unfold in a Courtroom not in front of the media. LE and DA's all across the country have learned from the debacle and circus that was the Anthony case.

It was stated he was meeting friends, I never saw anything about drinks. He could say he was planning on picking him up at closing which is at what time? 6:30? I guess it depends on where he was meeting at and for what... I am sure LE looked into all of that. jmo

You are right Popsicle, it just states that RH was "Meeting up with friends after work".

For some reason, I added "for drinks". Maybe its because I need one right about now. LOL.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/mother-toddler-killed-hot-car-researched-child-deaths/story?id=24354493

According to police, Harris left Cooper in his car when he went to work around 9:30 am June 18. Harris told police he forgot to drop Cooper off at daycare after he had breakfast at Chik-Fil-A restaurant and did not notice his son was in the backseat until around 4:30 p.m. when he was driving to drinks with friends.

Crosses what line, exactly, Chewy? Because there are a LOT of very successful murder mystery fiction writers who "cross that line" and then even profit from publishing their ideas.

Having a good imagination after reading years of these cases - seems to me like nearly everyone here would have done that. It's a thought process when you try to consider "who dun it".

I would have to agree.

I always try while following cases to imagine the circumstances from every which way...even from the murderers perspective...and ask myself how I would have done it. To see if the evidence lines up with the prosecutions theory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I still don't get it. If they didn't do anything wrong then there's nothing to cover up.
It's not that they are covering up. Cya was not literal. They don't want their employees talking. Period.

Does no one understand hot cars are deadly?
Arrested today for leaving a mom and her puppies in a moving van. People think JRH should get bond? This guy will get out I am sure.
JRH is where he should be. imo

http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/ story/25906003/puppies-rescued-from-hot-moving-van-in-florida

This frustrates me SO much! Friday morning (61 degrees and overcast) I was at the dog breeder's house talking to her about my dog. My other dog was asleep in the car with the windows opened halfway, but I was so stressed out having her in there. Even though I KNEW it wasn't hot in the car, I was standing RIGHT next to it, and it only took a few minutes. I could see her and knew she was fine but I felt really anxious about it. I get anxious when I have to pump gas at the gas station! I open the windows that my daughter isn't sitting directly next to. I truly don't understand how people can just leave their pets or kids in vehicles on warm or hot days with no concern for their safety. People who do this to kids and/or other vulnerable people or animals should receive an equal punishment.

It's not that they are covering up. Cya was not literal. They don't want their employees talking. Period.

And personally I think that's wise.

[modsnip]

That would be their reason. Not that RH's horrifying actions (or inaction) is their fault; but the the association with having hired an alleged murderer.

If I were the manager of that business, I'd preserve everything including the alleged perp's workdesk/area and hand it over to the cops. I'd be telling law enforcement : "Nail that sob and I'll do whatever I can to assist you !!"
I'd be telling my business underlings or coworkers to go to the cops ( Not the media ) and tell them anything about Ross Harris that seemed "off" or suspicious to you ..... like did he say anything like , " ... that kid is a burden... etc."
This is not Home Depot's fault, and I think people understand that.
( I'm not very sympathetic to those who hurt innocent adults , much less kids or babies ! )
:moo:

Home Depot released a statement, they are cooperating fully with the investigation.

Home Depot released a statement, they are cooperating fully with the investigation.

That doesn't surprise me. In fact it make perfect sense to me.

During discussions on the internet about intent, I have thought of ways that would be foolproof. Not my kids, it never occurred to me to do it. My imagination doesn't involve my children or anyone I know, nor would I ever do it.

But when I'm in a discussion about something that was either planned or accidental my mind has wandered. At the time I mentioned it, a lot of people piped up and said "I KNOW!! HAHA that's what you get from being on Websleuths! An active imagination and a knowledge of an investigation."

As plans go, this one here isn't a very good one. Especially since he's being accused of planning it down to the most incredibly minute detail.

No it's not a good plan but hey, thank goodness, lots of murderers don't make good plans and that's why they caught. Maybe this guy is arrogant enough to think he is smarter than he actually is, like so many before him. Maybe he was counting on the sympathy vote from compassionate cops and maybe thought they wouldn't investigate quite as hard and fast as they actually did. Guess if he did think all that - he thought wrong.

IMO, perhaps "cya" is out of place -- I think they are "covering their bases" and making sure NO ONE talks because they don't want "Child Murderer" associated with "You Can Do It; We Can Help." Reasonable to me.

JMO

ETA: By no one talking, I mean to media

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads