GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
One poster stated that RH pulled in back of the pizza restaurant instead of in front with all the shops and doors. If this is so I find it odd. Perhaps he panicked and was looking for a dumpster? Were all the witnesses out back? Also were the friends he was supposed to meet there? That would be interesting to know.

eeek.......

hadn't looked at it that way............

He took him into chik-fil-a the morning of the 18th. Unlikely that he'd want to take his previously healthy but newly brain damaged son out in public just after rendering him brain damaged and just prior to killing him. jmo

Has anyone come forward who witnessed them at the restaurant that morning? I'm curious as to how the child appeared to be as far as fussy, alert, talkative, etc.

eeek.......

hadn't looked at it that way............

I looked at the map (here) of his driving direction into the parking lot and it wasn't at all odd under the circumstances. Hard to explain unless you're looking at the photo, so I won't try. But do look before you decide that's important, imo. I thought it might be and that's why I looked.

Has anyone come forward who witnessed them at the restaurant that morning? I'm curious as to how the child appeared to be as far as fussy, alert, talkative, etc.

nope...not a peep

One poster stated that RH pulled in back of the pizza restaurant instead of in front with all the shops and doors. If this is so I find it odd. Perhaps he panicked and was looking for a dumpster? Were all the witnesses out back? Also were the friends he was supposed to meet there? That would be interesting to know.
Good point. A witness said he kept turning. around looking, not at his son but who the officers were talking to..
Hmm.
Maybe that was where he was headed. There is a Hooters and a Craft Beer kinda place there.

That had been speculated earlier. What IF the child had already been left in a hot car before by dad? When was the last time anyone else interacted with Cooper before his death? Was he left in a hot car the day prior and had brain damage as someone else had questioned earlier? Who else had seen the child last in a healthy state? When were the googles done?
MHO

Investigators say the mother of a 22 month old who died after being left in a hot vehicle admitted she researched how long it would take for a child to die after being left in a car just days before the incident happened. no time I can find of when Dad searched.

http://www.alabamas13.com/story/259...-georgia-mother-of-cooper-harris-22-month-old

Often odors you think you've cleared by airing out can build up very quickly again especially in an enclosed hot space. I gave up smoking two years ago yet I an still smell smoke in my car when I first get in it after it's been standing a while and that despite repeated valetings, and driving with windows open frequently.

And speaking of smoke I'm done for this evening. My home is slap bang in an area centered between two currently blazing wildfires in South San Jose and while neither we nor our home are in any immediate danger we are told, the air quality here is very bad and my husband has asthma so we are self-evacuating for the night.

From this vantage point, the windows were up on the passenger side. I hope you're okay, and will be thinking of you. Keep us posted.

windows.jpg

Just some personal experience about decomposition, CPR, and death notifications.

Last August, I went to check on my SIL, whom family members hadn't been able to contact for a couple of days.

I got her key from her neighbor, and opened her front door afraid that I might smell something. No odors. So that was a good sign. However, I found my SIL dead in bed - cold to the touch and with obvious livor mortis.

I don't know why I didn't call 911 from my cell phone or my SIL's home phone, but I went next door and called from the neighbor's (I suppose I wanted to get out o the house).

The 911 operator asked if I was sure she was dead. I said yes, she was cold and had livor mortis (I thought I might have to explain how I know about this from crime forums!). But the 911 operator wanted me to perform CPR anyway. So I went back over to my SIL's, called back 911 from my cell, and I had to do CPR until the paramedics arrived. [So if a bystander had called 911 about Cooper, they may have told him to do CPR even though he was obviously dead.]

The sheriff and a chaplain came. The sheriff asked who the next of kin was. I don't remember if the sheriff offered to do the notification or not - I remember I said I would drive to my niece's house to tell her in person.

The house was a comfortable, but not hot temperature. There was no air conditioning. Time of death was estimated to be 24-48 hours earlier. There was no discernible odor at all. [No comparison to Cooper's case here.]

It was a Wednesday night. Sounds like maybe church to me, he was lead guitar there.

At what church? Since they were married in a Church of Christ church in Tuscaloosa and they had Cooper's funeral at that same church, leads me to believe that they are Church of Christ believers. Unless things have changed, they have no music in the Church of Christ. IOW, they don't believe in having music in church. Does anyone have a link that says what church they attended. Not that it matters, but I would just like to know because I haven't seen it posted anywhere.

Just some personal experience about decomposition, CPR, and death notifications.

Last August, I went to check on my SIL, whom family members hadn't been able to contact for a couple of days.

I got her key from her neighbor, and opened her front door afraid that I might smell something. No odors. So that was a good sign. However, I found my SIL dead in bed - cold to the touch and with obvious livor mortis.

I don't know why I didn't call 911 from my cell phone or my SIL's home phone, but I went next door and called from the neighbor's (I suppose I wanted to get out o the house).

The 911 operator asked if I was sure she was dead. I said yes, she was cold and had livor mortis (I thought I might have to explain how I know about this from crime forums!). But the 911 operator wanted me to perform CPR anyway. So I went back over to my SIL's, called back 911 from my cell, and I had to do CPR until the paramedics arrived. [So if a bystander had called 911 about Cooper, they may have told him to do CPR even though he was obviously dead.]

The sheriff and a chaplain came. The sheriff asked who the next of kin was. I don't remember if the sheriff offered to do the notification or not - I remember I said I would drive to my niece's house to tell her in person.

The house was a comfortable, but not hot temperature. There was no air conditioning. Time of death was estimated to be 24-48 hours earlier. There was no discernible odor at all. [No comparison to Cooper's case here.]

I can't understand why operators are telling people to do CPR on someone who is obviously dead and has been dead for while.
You are not going to bring them back.

sorry but now I am afraid to post lest I be termed a gang banger or a power poster :D

It feels weird having a view that opposes yours, not sure how to act, lol

It's good to look at both sides -- just as if you were in a jury room. The same thing happens, I'm sure. Thankfully this is just a MB where we can all express our own opinions. It gets you thinking doesn't it?

:loveyou:

Mel

Hello everyone! I'm catching up, so I apologize if I'm rehashing things.

It seems pretty clear, IMO, that he is guilty of murdering his child:
*IF he forgot to drop his child off at daycare, why would he then leave work, get in his car and drive off forgetting again to pick up his child from daycare?

It makes NO sense - if he had shown up at the daycare to pick up his son and the day care worker informed him that he never dropped his son off, then he realized he left his son in the car, fine. I could possibly buy his story - Google searches be darned.

But, to NOT pick him up, and then to think that his son who he not only forgot to take to day care but also forgot to pick up was choking in the back seat is asinine. So, your son, who you didn't think of ONCE the entire day - who you didn't put in your car after work, is suddenly CHOKING? And you hear this with your deaf ear? From a corpse? When your car smells like rotting flesh?

I agree that things didn't go according to his original plan, and he read about how most men who leave kids in the car got off. So, he went that route. He probably was a coward and this was the most cowardly, most likely way he could get off. He simply had to 'forget' his baby. I'm not saying people should bludgeon or shoot their kids - because I am pretty much the most hands on, loving, helicopter mom in the world so killing your kid is the antithesis of what I believe. BUT, if you are going to kill your kid at least don't leave them to die this horrific, painful, drawn out death by baking them in a hot car. He probably couldn't bring himself to physically murder his child and then dispose of the body, but he wanted him dead (for whatever reason) and chose an almost hands-off approach where he just abandoned the baby and left him to the elements.

It's so cruel and unloving that I cannot wrap my head around it. I just know if something doesn't make sense, then it's probably not the truth.

I'm curious about that as well.

Drop-side cribs were banned in the US after 30 babies died. But somehow car manufacturers may ignore the fact that 619 (!) little ones have died when left in over-heated cars, when installing a safety system would be so simple.

no, car manufacturers warn consumers of the risk, but 619 people still chose to put their children in cars and leave them there to die.

Has Cooper's autopsy been released? I'm curious about the wording and would like to read it.

Did Dad usually visit the baby on his lunch break?

Also...the googling is just too much for me. If they had googled a type of child death that happens often, like car accidents, car-seat dangers, choking on toys, for instance, and one of those things happened...I would still be wary but would be far, far less so. This is just too specific for something that really happens very rarely, statistically. And it is not like they had just moved to a warm climate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StacyStacyStacy