GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's the recent searches & that less than a mile trip after Chik that cinches it for me.
And driving to an audience...
I trust the gut of all those witnesses that didn't buy what he was selling.

All IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm an atheist, and even I can understand how the devout would believe that in their hearts. jmo

As I said, I'm sure it is their coping mechanism. I wasn't accusing them of anything nefarious.

Sheesh.

Okay - I have seen a couple posts about this in my reading tonight and I feel bad that I have left so many of you wondering exactly what is meant, for WS purposes, by this term. So... let me try to explain it better.

Power posting occurs when a member has a strong opinion about something or a strong position on a case. Every time another member tries to post something to get a discussion going, the power poster MUST respond. Often with just a one liner, that does nothing but shoot the conversation down, or reiterates their position on the case and again stops the conversation. It's not necessary and it prevents valid discussion of other aspects of a case.

State your opinion and let others know your position. That's all good. Then let others have the opportunity to do the same. It's not necessary to restate your opinion/position after every post. We got it and we are not going to forget just because there is another discussion happening. We got it. It's all good.

I think one of the best cases we have had recently that demonstrates power posting is the Redwine case. If a poster didn't believe MR was guilty, every post they made was raked over the coals and every discussion was derailed.

I hope that helps. Please feel free to send me a pm if you need more clarification. We don't want you to be scared to post, but by the same token, we don't want others to be scared to post.

Also - when I say "we" I mean the mods and when I say "you" I mean our members collectively and not any one individual.

Salem

Is it acceptable to ask about another's reasoning to better understand their position? For clarification?

OT but I just saw an update on tropical storm and saw that it is suppose to be where I live on Thursday around 8pm with 70 mph winds. Could even be the first hurricane of the season. :tantrum:

I don't think it's being ignored. There's just no info about it yet. I think many posters have said that what happened with the daycare is likely to be critical to their minds.

The only reason it would make sense for mom to pick up is if she get out of work earlier than dad. Because the location is right there by dad's office. I had read somewhere she typically picked him up around 2:30 but that was later questioned. So I don't know what time she usually picked him up - but if dad gets off around 4 or 5 it would only make sense that mom picks up before that - right?

I guess what I'm saying is - unless mom picks him up a good 45 min. or an hour earlier - why not just wait and ride home with dad?

OK - so if she would normally pick up before dad gets off work - why didn't she discover that he was not at daycare that day? If she had not arrived at daycare by 4:30 - (when Cooper was discovered in dad's car) - what time was she planning on being there?

There may be a reasonable and legitimate answer to all of this - but as with so many questions - as yet - no answers.

As an aside... It would be interesting to find out where the Harrises took Cooper for medical attention and/or doctor appointments...

I wonder if any of the medical facilities,he pased on his way to the pizza shop was the one(s) the Harrises used?

I also wonder... If the plans to meet with friends for drinks after work are true... Is in the strip mall (with pizzaria) where JRH was planning to meet with those friends?

:dunno:

Great question about the location of Cooper's drs office.
I haven't read or heard anything about where J was meeting friends. These will be interesting questions to get answers to.

The only reason it would make sense for mom to pick up is if she get out of work earlier than dad. Because the location is right there by dad's office. I had read somewhere she typically picked him up around 2:30 but that was later questioned. So I don't know what time she usually picked him up - but if dad gets off around 4 or 5 it would only make sense that mom picks up before that - right?

I guess what I'm saying is - unless mom picks him up a good 45 min. or an hour earlier - why not just wait and ride home with dad?

OK - so if she would normally pick up before dad gets off work - why didn't she discover that he was not at daycare that day? If she had not arrived at daycare by 4:30 - (when Cooper was discovered in dad's car) - what time was she planning on being there?

There may be a reasonable and legitimate answer to all of this - but as with so many questions - as yet - no answers.

Agree with ALL of that and am waiting for the explanation!

Is it acceptable to ask about another's reasoning to better understand their position? For clarification?

Yes. It is also acceptable to respond when asked. If you are having a conversation - that's not power posting, that's discussing. Agreeing, disagreeing and agreeing to disagree does not equal power posting.

Tell ya what guys - mods are really busy right now, but when I can get a few of us together, we will put a power posting example thread together for you all, so that you can see what is meant.

For now, please remember that power posting does not equal a time out. We will ask you to leave the thread for a period of time. Should that happen, you will be contacted through the pm system and you can certainly ask questions about why it is thought you were power posting.

Does that help?

Salem

Not here they don't. I work with many CofC and they do not allow musical instruments of any kind. Now they may in other areas but around here that is a no no to them. Some of my dearest friends are of this belief.

Not trying to argue....just stating how it is here.:seeya:

ETA: One of my dearest friend's just this week posted a link on FB of why musical instruments should never be used in church. I read it and it was interesting. But we use music where I go so to each his own.

I have been a member of Church of Christ my entire life. My husband and I were married in a church of Christ. My son's only worship experiences have been in Church of Christ. It's false that they don't allow instruments. Many do. Many don't. It depends on the church and how contemporary they chose to be.

Eta: many also choose to use recordings of instruments, instead of having any bands or instruments on stage

Another tidbit I heard on HLN tonight w Nancy Grace. The dad was headed after work for drinks and a movie with friends.

in the ''olden days'' (mine) that sure would have sounded like a ''date''

I don't think "everyone" would investigate an odor before driving off, it if weren't horrific.

I don't think anyone at this crime scene vomited except dear little Cooper. To me, that means the smell wasn't horrific. When people experience shock and a horrific smell, they often vomit.

So. To the bolded part, I'd say no. If he had planned ahead of time to kill his child and was on the way to make his dramatic appearance, after having successfully killed his baby, I don't think a little smell that didn't cause him to vomit would cause him to derail his dastardly plan and yank his car into a mall parking lot and rant and rave. That doesn't seem plausible to me.

I respect everyone's opinion also, and try to respond respectfully.

Really? Dad drove 5-10 min where police arrived and they said the odor inside vehicle was OVERWHELMING. You say it wasn't horrific? Odd. Based on what we know the smell would've been overwhelming when he opened the oven door.

Next time you drive a car on a 90* day run the AC and keep it comfortable. Take a thermometer with you. Get out, close the door after parking in direct sun. Wait 10 min and open door, check temp. Experts say on 90* day temp can easily be 130* after 10 min. Experts also say leaving a window cracked on a hot day does little or nothing to reduce temps inside.

I have been a member of Church of Christ my entire life. My husband and I were married in a church of Christ. My son's only worship experiences have been in Church of Christ. It's false that they don't allow instruments. Many do. Many don't. It depends on the church and how contemporary they chose to be.

:seeya:

Thanks! I just googled it! I had never heard this before about a church! Interesting info! Learned something new!

in the ''olden days'' (mine) that sure would have sounded like a ''date''

I think we have to treat it as very unconfirmed at this point since it was reported on NG. Perhaps a local reporter can try to verify where Harris was headed that evening and with whom.

Yes. It is also acceptable to respond when asked. If you are having a conversation - that's not power posting, that's discussing. Agreeing, disagreeing and agreeing to disagree does not equal power posting.

Tell ya what guys - mods are really busy right now, but when I can get a few of us together, we will put a power posting example thread together for you all, so that you can see what is meant.

For now, please remember that power posting does not equal a time out. We will ask you to leave the thread for a period of time. Should that happen, you will be contacted through the pm system and you can certainly ask questions about why it is thought you were power posting.

Does that help?

Salem
The people who have to ask if they are power posting are not the ones doing it. I've seen what you mean and I can see who's doing it. In the past, I may have been guilty myself.:deadhorse:

JLSChook, Karmady and members, I shamefully admit that I do read my script before posting it. I posted Cooper's name erroneously as Conner twice this evening and have edited each post. I am deeply regretful for I meant no harm to Cooper Harris' precious memory.

DeDee, I hope you know that, with your heart firmly in the right place, there was no harm done - you've done nothing but help...not harm.

Mistakes happen.

Like mistakenly typing Conner, instead of Cooper - Mistake.

Leaving child in car for 7 hours? Not mistake.

Via Kindle, like a true Amazon junkie

Does that help?

Salem

Immensely :)

:modstop:

Stop with the religious/church discussion. Let it go.

Salem

I had never heard of "power-posting" before this case.

I like what Nana46 referred to as "power-thanking". :loveyou:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10683825&postcount=478"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #6[/ame]

Really? Dad drove 5-10 min where police arrived and they said the odor inside vehicle was OVERWHELMING. You say it wasn't horrific? Odd. Based on what we know the smell would've been overwhelming when he opened the oven door.

Next time you drive a car on a 90* day run the AC and keep it comfortable. Take a thermometer with you. Get out, close the door after parking in direct sun. Wait 10 min and open door, check temp. Experts say on 90* day temp can easily be 130* after 10 min.

There's been quite a bit of discussion about how and when the odor may have arisen in the rest of the current thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Merythe