GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've said that and people get pretty mad at that suggestion. Tread carefully, apparently suggesting this happening as a fact of life is really controversial.

I don't know that I think he had an affair, personally. BUT, if he did...I could see it being with a man. JMO

Yeah, I almost didn't post my comment. Not trying to upset anyone but it's possible. Who knows.
There may NOT be an affair, but it seems it is possible. Who was he meeting after work to go drinking with and the movies? The same night his wife was out-of-town.
Affair? Maybe. maybe not.
I think his computer searches and emails, texts will be telling.

I want to know if Cooper was his child or they used a sperm donor.
Could be a possible motive. Resented the child. :(

Cooper had his Mother's sharp chin and not his dad's eyes. Does this photo look fairly recent, as in, the past 3 months? Or was it taken closer to June 18?

Justin-Harris-toddler-hot-car-death-jpg.jpg

Erectile dysfunction may cause psychological issues. Must research subject.

I'm sorry, but I trust LE over well thought out speculation from people who weren't there.

Further, was the baby not jostled when he opened the door and got in? (My husband who is MUCH smaller, jostles the vehicle...and we have the same one...when he gets in.) Did it not jostle when he backed out? When he pulled out of the parking lot? Even IF I thought the scenarios linked to were possible in this case, I wouldn't believe the noises didn't happen before he came upon that parking lot.

That's the thing. There's no inconsistency between what the posters said and what LE said. According to everyone, it could/would smell like death when LE arrived, but not necessarily before.

But wouldn't it take much longer for an apartment to reach a certain temp than a car, sitting in the sun? So whatever timetable it gave for a car would not be useful. :waitasec:

But... Could that have been an idea BEFORE the death in a hot car scenario?

Could either of them have been wondering about a scenario where each thought the other was going to take Cooper to day care... And therefore neither of them did... And the scenario should be that the child "accidentally" died in an apartment after being left in an apartment all day without air conditioning?

Just a thought...

We have one officer talking about his sensibilities as a grandfather and one saying it reeked.

To me same drama. Not needed and unnecessary in this case.

Reeked only applies to one person. That does not mean it really reeked.

so Leanna did the home searches and IS fact because she said so and it is twisting facts to speculate that she only said she did to cover for searches her husband did no home devices.

BUT it is NOT fact that the car reeked even tho an experienced LEO says so per MSM and its okay to speculate that the car did not in fact reek?

Aren't the two sort of the same thing?

No snark, asking a sincere question.

I don't know if we will ever know/agree whether or not the car smelled of decomp, but I think it's reasonable that the car would not have smelled good. Heat amplifies whatever smell source is in the car.

I had a boxed piece of furniture (to assemble) from Ikea in the car last week for about 5 hours during the day. When I got time to unload it, the whole car had a nice, pine smell to it that pleasantly was still there the next day.

Also from personal experience, two live people sitting all day in a car doesn't leave that nice a smell at end of shift either.

Degree of decomp aside, I would bet that at the very least, RH came back to a very stuffy, sweaty smelling car. IMO

Would love to see arrested dads text records after he "checked on auto" by placing an item inside. He could've sent her a coded message.

Just had a morbid thought - what if this object was some sort of a camera that could be viewed remotely? Or a cell phone that could be left on and listened to remotely? If investigators found evidence of that sort of thing, that could explain how he was arrested so quickly and charged with such a severe crime. MOO.

Opps. Didn't know that. Can it not be quoted either? Is there a list somewhere for banned sites/blogs so we know?

Not that I know of, but I know some just won't link at all. The only reason I know about that one is he did a bunch of blog posts on the Heather Elvis case and were were only allowed to talk about one of them.

My question is to those staunch believers that this is an accident - the ones who believe there was no smell, that the internet searches make sense, that there is no way Ross is guilty -

What do you KNOW about this case that the rest of us don't? I have to assume you have inside info because I only know what has been on MSM, especially direct quotes from LE at the scene. I am a very logical person also, and there is no doubt in my mind that Ross is guilty as charged.

So I guess what I'm asking - what is it you know that makes you believe he is not guilty? I don't want reasons that have already been stated, because those have been discussed for 6 threads. I believe the LE's comments and the things that have been widely reported - I am not changing my mind, and those of you who disagree aren't changing your minds. So what additional information do you have that makes you able to explain away the actions of the parents that don't seem logical to a lot of us?

I'm not being snarky. I'm trying to understand. In my mind, his guilt is obvious in so many ways and it's hard for me to understand how anyone sees differently.

Here is an interesting post about death smells from a ME in NYC:

http://www.leelofland.com/wordpress/jonathan-hayes-notes-on-forensic-medicine-smell/

and an interesting question in the comments

CJC says:
May 20, 2009 at 5:18 pm
With the temperature staying around 75 deg F how soon would a body begin to smell after death? I hope to alleave the concerns of a friend on how long her mother may have lain dead without discovery. There was no smell of decaying. Could it have been as long as 5 days or would two days be enough for the smell of decomposition to be evident? This is a tough one to search on the internet.

Lee Lofland says:
May 20, 2009 at 10:05 pm
CJC – I sent your question to DP Lyle, M.D.

Dr. Lyle is the author of Forensics, A Guide For Writers and Forensics for Dummies. Here’s his reply:

Under those conditions a faint musty odor would appear in about 24 hours and by 48 the odor of decomposition would be easy to detect. It would then increase from there and by about 96 hours would be very strong. SO if an odor of decay was detected, the body could be 24 hours old or more.

Okay.

That is Incorrect. Two LE sources on the scene, remarked on the smell in the car. One stated that it "reeked". The other stated that "it stunk to the high heavens".

Not drama.

Fact.

Having a differing opinion is one thing, and is to be respected, however, isn't this power posting? Isn't this being contrary just to be contrary in the face of stated and linked MSM facts? Is that allowed? Because honestly, I am exhausted by it at this point.

It is a different opinion. One I am entitled to.

Just because someone writes something, does not mean it needs a reply. People are all posting their own thoughts and both sides deserve consideration.

Just had a morbid thought - what if this object was some sort of a camera that could be viewed remotely? Or a cell phone that could be left on and listened to remotely? If investigators found evidence of that sort of thing, that could explain how he was arrested so quickly and charged with such a severe crime. MOO.

wow! That had never occurred but it is an interesting theory. and might explain why LE has been so very non specific about the item he placed in the passenger seat via the driver's side.

food for thought

I suppose you are speaking from experience at your own child's funeral. If so I am sorry for your loss. But if not, then this is what I find unfair. We don't know how we'd really act. Especially in a situation like this. We don't know what we'd do or say. I know what I'd like to do. I know how I'd like to act but having never been in this experience I find it unnecessary to even voice an opinion on the matter.

In hind sight if we find out she had some involvement, that's different. But for now I think it's inappropriate. IMHO.
Ummm, I do! Should I ever find myself in this situation-not likely now that my daughter is a teenager- but I would NEVER honor nor forgive the killer- even if it were my husband at the funeral! The funeral is to honor the life of the deceased, not tell how awful of a life they have been spared, particularly when it was the completely unnecessary death of a healthy child. If the child had had cancer or some other awful disease and a life of pain, maybe then I could see it, but otherwise to not wish them back??? Uhhuhh!:snooty:
I have major issues with this mothers' denial and support of her child's killer at the child's funeral! Her behavior at the funeral is strikingly similar to Cindy Anthony and Patsy Ramsey.

Last night, I had a dream. I dreamed that I was sitting next to Casey Anthony while she read comments and articles about this case. Suddenly, she slapped herself hard upside the head....

"I was so dumb! I didn't have to drive around with Caylee in the trunk, or go messing around in that swampy lot trying to bury her. I didn't have to tell all those lies about my job, and Zanny the Nanny...or throw my Father under the bus.

What was I thinking! I lived in Florida...hot, hot Florida! All I had to do is strap Caylee in her car seat, walk around the Mall for a few hours, and do a little "tragic Mom" routine on my return to the car. Oops, I would tell them...I was stressed. I was tired. I just...forgot her....and people would bend over backwards not to condemn me...but excuse me!

Look how simple it is! Look at the difference!

This guy has already been sent over $20,000! People are tying themselves in knots finding every kind of excuse for him! His computer searches for "how-to-do" HIS DEED...are being dismissed as...irrelevant. No one is calling him "Tot Dad." They hated me but they can find no fault with HIM!

If I'd only used the car seat, it could all have been so different! I could have been a celebrity victim too...pitied, excused, embraced as the epitome of the parenting! He'll be interviewed, write a book, be a rock star guitarist! Why didn't I think of this!"

Yes, in my dream, Casey. Anthony shook her head in amazement.

"The Car Seat...not the Trunk! The Five Minute Onset of Amnesia...not a fictional Nanny! Well, you learn something new everyday."

Has anyone figured out what the map is all about on Roscoeua's photobucket. Probably nothing relevant but am curious. http://s132.photobucket.com/user/RoscoeUA/media/Misc Temp/starkvillemap.jpg.html?sort=3&o=1

If you look at smaller map it says Starksville. Being a Crimson Tide supporter I would think the area circled was a parking area for folks attending a Miss State football game. Starksville is in eastern MS and maybe 90 min from Tuscaloosa. It's affectionately called StarkVegas by football visitors.

My question is to those staunch believers that this is an accident - the ones who believe there was no smell, that the internet searches make sense, that there is no way Ross is guilty -

What do you KNOW about this case that the rest of us don't? I have to assume you have inside info because I only know what has been on MSM, especially direct quotes from LE at the scene. I am a very logical person also, and there is no doubt in my mind that Ross is guilty as charged.

So I guess what I'm asking - what is it you know that makes you believe he is not guilty? I don't want reasons that have already been stated, because those have been discussed for 6 threads. I believe the LE's comments and the things that have been widely reported - I am not changing my mind, and those of you who disagree aren't changing your minds. So what additional information do you have that makes you able to explain away the actions of the parents that don't seem logical to a lot of us?

I'm not being snarky. I'm trying to understand. In my mind, his guilt is obvious in so many ways and it's hard for me to understand how anyone sees differently.

It is not about knowing something else, It is about weighing the evidence both ways. For me reason rules and until ALL the evidence is in, I don't make a rush to judgment. People are all innocent to me until they are proven guilty.

And see that word, COULD is in there and that kind of ended it right there for me. When ever I see words like if, could, maybe, I stop reading cause at that point someone is just guessing. No offense to Swampmama

Cooper had his Mother's sharp chin and not his dad's eyes. Does this photo look fairly recent, as in, the past 3 months? Or was it taken closer to June 18?

Justin-Harris-toddler-hot-car-death-jpg.jpg

Erectile dysfunction may cause psychological issues. Must research subject.

I think Cooper looks like his mom, not seeing any resemblance with RH at all. Just MOO. We will have to wait for any DNA evidence proving otherwise though.
Just a possible motive angle I was exploring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agirlnamedbob