GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
According to the search warrants Harris ‘quickly exited the vehicle opened the driver side passenger door and pulled his child, Cooper Harris out of the vehicle.’

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ing-SUV-researched-child-deaths-vehicles.html

The mystery deepened even further when the police later revealed that Harris had returned to his SUV at lunchtime and was seen placing an object in the car via the driver’s side door.

bbm

What needs to happen is info given out at hospitals when a baby is born along with all the other info that we teach and also the pediatrician's office.

On the subject of apps for kids in cars, the issue arises when parents refuse to acknowledge this could ever happen to them (accidental car heat death, I mean), and those people wouldn't use that app anyway.

If you're aware this could happen, I feel IMO you're more likely to be aware at all moments that it's possible and more alert to when your kid is in the car.

Saying "This could never happen to me, I'm a good parent" is the worst thing a parent could say about anything, be it car heat deaths, drownings, abuse, accidents... etc.

JMHO.

It won't happen to me, and I am in no way shy to say that. I won't LET it happen to me.

For 3 minutes though? If that is the case, surely he would have heard him when he turned the car off in the parking lot. His travel from Chikfila to work could barely be considered it drive. It was so close. He wouldn't have even had time to listen to one full song.

Maybe he did so he wouldn't hear him.

I do wonder what was viewed while watching the video of him walking to his vehicle across the parking lot. LE may have viewed him looking in the back window, or he may have walked up to the vehicle from behind so he could see as he was approaching the vehicle to open the door, we just don't know what it is that makes this act so purposeful.jmo

Sincere question - why would you have to research it many many times? I don't understand. I get that there's a large 18 year gap between kids but surely the fact doesn't change that leaving a child in a hot car is dangerous ie it was dangerous 18 years ago and it's still dangerous now.

I know that when other cases have come up over the years I research it. I forget. There is better information, Better tips.

Kids issues interest me a lot.

Based on the google map image posted upthread of the parking lot, it doesn't appear that his particular HD location has a reverse park policy, as I can see several cars that are parked head-first.

In a way it doesn't matter.
  • If he reversed in there is no way he could have missed Cooper when he arrived at 9.30am
  • If he reversed out then there is no way he could have missed Connor when he was leaving at 4pm and no justifiable reason for going drive-about before contacting emergency services.

On the subject of apps for kids in cars, the issue arises when parents refuse to acknowledge this could ever happen to them (accidental car heat death, I mean), and those people wouldn't use that app anyway.

If you're aware this could happen, I feel IMO you're more likely to be aware at all moments that it's possible and more alert to when your kid is in the car.

Saying "This could never happen to me, I'm a good parent" is the worst thing a parent could say about anything, be it car heat deaths, drownings, abuse, accidents... etc.

JMHO.

You are absolutely right. To me once you start saying it will never happen to me, you have opened the door to it.

There is a simple reason why parents say it won't happen to them....they know they are observant and NEVER leave a child alone in a car. No need to google what temp is safe cause they will never do it. If anyone is forgetful they will provide safe guards and good parents do that. JMO

According to the search warrants Harris ‘quickly exited the vehicle opened the driver side passenger door and pulled his child, Cooper Harris out of the vehicle.’

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ing-SUV-researched-child-deaths-vehicles.html

The mystery deepened even further when the police later revealed that Harris had returned to his SUV at lunchtime and was seen placing an object in the car via the driver’s side door.

bbm

That clears up the wording of which doors for me. Thank you.

Was it ever stated whether HE threw up or not? When my brother and his wife were murdered, I threw up for an hour. I would think it would be worse with the death of a child though. Just wondering. Everyone reacts to grief differently...

I am so sorry for your loss. That's horrible. :(

If you're aware this could happen.... and then you don't do anything to prevent it.

Saying "This could never happen to me, I'm a good parent"... because you take the time and attention and precautions to ensure this doesn't happen to you.

jmo

Exactly!:drumroll:

So I downloaded Babyfinder app.

When I was at the pool with my kids, I set the app by touching the heart to say I was there.
Then when I came home and parked I came in the house.

Within 5 mins I was freaked the heck out by the sound of a creepy laughing baby. I forgot all about the app and it just scared the carp out of me.

I did not touch it to unset. I wanted to see what it does. At one minute intervals it sends that very creepy alert to your phone.

I would say that it works. But again, all my days of searching and I never ever saw an app like this before mentioned.

There is a simple reason why parents say it won't happen to them....they know they are observant and NEVER leave a child alone in a car. No need to google what temp is safe cause they will never do it. If anyone is forgetful they will provide safe guards and good parents do that. JMO

Parents can also become complacent if they convince themselves it could never happen to them, and then something happens. JMO

Personally, I acknowledge it could happen to me. Every day, I remind myself that terrible things happen to good people and that something COULD go wrong in my life that ends in tragedy.

I just can't see him walking away from a toddler with a normal level of consciousness and thinking what the heck, hopefully no one will hear him crying.

Obviously no one did. I Just keep feeling like Cooper was quiet by this point and was not going to wake up because he was getting hot.
I still think cover up, and he was placed in that seat dead.
But that would mean he was at. chic fil a dead as well, (or drugged)
I am anxious for toxicology results! moo

My guess drugged on cough syrup or Benadryl. Legal substance.

Parents can also become complacent if they convince themselves it could never happen to them, and then something happens. JMO

Personally, I acknowledge it could happen to me. Every day, I remind myself that terrible things happen to good people and that something COULD go wrong in my life that ends in tragedy.

That's actually the best way to look at it. It's not about dismissing that it could happen, it's about making sure it doesn't. IMO some parents are diligent about making sure these things don't happen, regardless of forgetfulness or busy life style or fatigue. They just prioritize the child in such a way that it never happens. Other people don't prioritize the child this way and it does happen.

When my son was a baby, I also had a van with back tinted windows, pretty much the same tint as the defendant's vehicle.

I could see everything in the back seat while standing at the driver's door. Everything.

And I have an SUV with very darkly tinted windows and can always see if there's someone in the vehicle -- granted, the kids heads (when seated) are about the same height as mine when I'm standing outside, but considering that his windows aren't darkly tinted like mine I have to think that he could at least see the top of Cooper's blond head approaching from any angle and opening any door.

Since there is no evidence of him being drugged, We will have to see. If he was indeed drugged that would be different but I just don't see this as being a master plan of murder if he is drugging the child and then looking up the temps of the car.

Seems like he would be begging to be caught. I just don't see it.

If you're aware this could happen.... and then you don't do anything to prevent it.

Saying "This could never happen to me, I'm a good parent"... because you take the time and attention and precautions to ensure this doesn't happen to you.

jmo

To me it is no different than parents who lose a child to drowning or getting hit by a car. We all protect our kids. But sometimes the worst still happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Where is Jennifer*