GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, it is no different, unless it is. Parents kill their children intentionally, every day, in various ways.

Such a wonderfully succinct way to put what some of have been saying for days! :seeya:

Exactly. And sometimes accidents aren't "accidents" at all. We shall see what's going on in this case tomorrow. I am happily prepared to eat a big ol' crow pie if the details prove otherwise. Either way we're going to get a different take on this whole thing.:twocents:

If he looked over his shoulder while backing in or out, I agree.

I always look over my shoulder (both directions), look in my rear-view mirror, and look in my side-view mirrors while backing up, because I'm so paranoid about hitting anything or getting hit by someone else. It takes me forever to back up lol!

If RH didn't look over his shoulder, or only looked in his rear-view mirror or side-view mirrors when backing up, or didn't look in his mirrors at all (I've seen folks do this - they drive me nutz), then I can imagine how he couldn't have seen Cooper in the back seat.

The thing that gets me the most is that he claims to have forgotten Cooper so quickly (seemingly immediately) after just having breakfast with him and after just strapping him in his car seat mere moments before.

RH didn't forget to take Cooper into the restaurant with him, according to LE, and this was after the longer drive from home that morning.

Since he remembered to take Cooper out of the car seat and into the restaurant with him, I find it nigh impossible to believe that he forgot about him immediately after putting him back into the car.

One other tidbit that caught my attention. He states he can't hear in his right ear. If this is the case I would think that he'd be careful about pulling in and out of parking spaces without looking behind him. He wouldn't hear a horn or someone shout as easily.

I wonder what the stats are regarding the hot-car deaths of children wherein the parent gets into the car and drives for several minutes before realizing the worst?

You've asked some good questions regarding statistics the past few days.
>> I use both google and dogpile search engines for looking things up/research, etc.. :)

To me it is no different than parents who lose a child to drowning or getting hit by a car. We all protect our kids. But sometimes the worst still happens.

Getting hit by a car or drowning is totally different than leaving your kids in a hot car to die! Jmo

It won't happen to me, and I am in no way shy to say that. I won't LET it happen to me.

I firmly believe this is true, and CAN be true for any parent willing to take steps to avoid it. I've never once got out of my car and didn't have my daughter in the front of my mind. She is CONSTANTLY on my mind, even if she isn't with me. This is as true now that she is 6 as it was when she was 4 days old and I brought her home from the hospital. Even when she is at school, I'm wondering what they are doing, if her day is happy, etc.

Maybe because I helped rescue a baby from a hot car, or maybe I'm just super paranoid about worst case scenarios... but I always took steps to make sure she wouldn't be forgotten. My daughter's diaper bag was always in the back seat, my wallet was in it, etc. If I *ever* had a fear I'd leave her in the car or an accidental lapse of memory or whatever, I would have purchased one of those extender things that go on work ID badge things and attach it to my keychain and the diaper bag or the car seat or her pants, etc. in the back seat so there would be no way I could leave my car without her. I can honestly say that my daughter has never been at risk for being left in the car. I even take her in with me to pay for gas or buy gum.

I get that this apparently CAN happen, so if it can happen, why not actively prevent it?

I agree, I always my stuff back there when I loaded up my girls.

It was taught at birthing classes at the hospital; put in baby, then purse/diaperbag. Remove baby, then remove diaperbag/purse. dh had a different diaperbag- a backpack style that also held his stuff

Such a wonderfully succinct way to put what some of have been saying for days! :seeya:

Exactly. And sometimes accidents aren't "accidents" at all. We shall see what's going on in this case tomorrow. I am happily prepared to eat a big ol' crow pie if the details prove otherwise. Either way we're going to get a different take on this whole thing.:twocents:

One other tidbit that caught my attention. He states he can't hear in his right ear. If this is the case I would think that he'd be careful about pulling in and out of parking spaces without looking behind him. He wouldn't hear a horn or someone shout as easily.

I will be relieved if I am wrong. Bad enough this child died a horrible death, but at the hands of his father? I want to be wrong. :(

To me it is no different than parents who lose a child to drowning or getting hit by a car. We all protect our kids. But sometimes the worst still happens.

How is a tragic accident in a pool or in a street the same as leaving your kid to broil in the car? Leaving your kid in the car isn't protective...

Not on my watch.

Had a built in pool, fenced, locked, pool alarm, high unreachable slide locks on doors and I was diligent.
We also had infant swim/float training.

My kid was never allowed to swim anywhere unless I was present. Away from home & Always where there were life guards. I don't use life guards as a free babysitter either, like I've witnessed so many others doing. My eyes never left him.

Same for cars, I had a system for hand holding when he was little.

I disagree, there are plenty of parents that don't protect their kids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was it ever stated whether HE threw up or not? When my brother and his wife were murdered, I threw up for an hour. I would think it would be worse with the death of a child though. Just wondering. Everyone reacts to grief differently...

You know I've been thinking a lot about how I would react in that parking lot --assuming I'd "forgotten," that I didn't see my baby at lunch, that I didn't smell anything, and that I thought I heard him choking and pulled over -- all events leading up to that moment being the same.

I might need to be cuffed as well.

I could be wrong, but here's what I think. I think they would have to pry my baby out of my arms. I would have to be pulled away; I can't say whether I would try to perform CPR or not because who knows if I'd "realize" he was dead, if I'd be in denial, etc... BUT, I would not leave him lying on the pavement and walk away or take my eyes off of him. I would be screaming for help, for someone to call 911, but I wouldn't be making other calls.

I don't care how stiff or smelly he was or if he had vomit and feces all over him -- this is my baby! Until official personnel came and MADE me turn him over, I'd be right there holding him, at the least touching him.

After that, I might need to be cuffed -- I would be SO angry at myself and in so much pain and anguish that I can imagine being uncontrollable; I could see myself beating on my car -- hysterical.

I know we don't all react the same -- but the way the scene is described, it's almost as though Ross found the earliest opportunity to get as far away from Cooper as possible... and stayed away.

MOO

This has probably already been discussed a dozen times but here are my issues:
-- not only did he FORGET the child he takes to daycare EVERYDAY but he FORGOT (AGAIN) to pick him up! How does one do that? If, everyday you walk from your office to the daycare and pickup your son, how do you happen to forget to do that a) at all and b) on the same day you also forgot him in the car?!
-- I honestly cannot think of ONE SINGLE excuse for the lunchtime visit. Even if innocent, the smell would be overpowering and he would notice/"remember".

-- not only did he FORGET the child he takes to daycare EVERYDAY but he FORGOT (AGAIN) to pick him up! How does one do that? If, everyday you walk from your office to the daycare and pickup your son, how do you happen to forget to do that a) at all and b) on the same day you also forgot him in the car?!
-- I honestly cannot think of ONE SINGLE excuse for the lunchtime visit. Even if innocent, the smell would be overpowering and he would notice/"remember".

Do you have a link where it says he took him and picked him up every day? We have been wondering about that.

Yeah but he had not had lunch yet, he missed having drinks.

I do wonder if those drinking friends have been talked too, when was that planned anyway? Since he had cooper to pick up.

If he omitted the trip to the car at lunch there is also a possibility he omitted other things he did that day. Did he really leave work at the time he said or was he sitting in the parking lot for minutes deciding what to do? (pure speculation)

They for some reason (camera?) know which door he opened to place the object in the car.

:scared:
Umm planning to murder a child by baking in a car is MUCH different than an accident. SMDH ....
some of the comments.....:banghead:

It's 5:30 pm here (Upstate SC), and it is 95 degrees. A few hours ago, the thermometer in my car registered the outside temp at 99 degrees! I can only imagine what the inside temp was before turning on the a/c. I was out running errands, and just walking across the parking lot to various stores was brutal. The heat here ain't no joke. Dying from hyperthermia...I simply can not imagine what that baby went through. It breaks my heart, I just can't... :cry:

Anyway, just checking in. Looks like 10 new pages since I left. Did I miss anything? Any word of local news doing online live stream of the hearing tomorrow? I'll watch HLN, if I have to, but I prefer not to. TIA.

Getting hit by a car or drowning is totally different than leaving your kids in a hot car to die! Jmo

According to investigators, Schwartz called 911 Friday and reported that her 3-year-old daughter was struck by a hit-and-run driver Friday night. The girl, Yeliani Schwartz-Ojeda, died at a hospital on Saturday.

On Tuesday the Orange County Medical Examiner ruled that Yeliani's death was a homicide, saying her injuries weren't caused by a vehicle.

http://www.mynews13.com/content/new...ticles/cfn/2014/7/2/mom_of_3_year_old_ki.html

sorry for the OT but it seems like parents in general are getting more and more bold when having killed or abused their child in coming up with ways to try to manipulate things to make themselves seem the sympathetic victim of tragedy.

It's 5:30 pm here (Upstate SC), and it is 95 degrees. A few hours ago, the thermometer in my car registered the outside temp at 99 degrees! I can only imagine what the inside temp was before turning on the a/c. I was out running errands, and just walking across the parking lot to various stores was brutal. The heat here ain't no joke. Dying from hyperthermia...I simply can not imagine what that baby went through. It breaks my heart, I just can't... :cry:

Anyway, just checking in. Looks like 10 new pages since I left. Did I miss anything? Any word of local news doing online live stream of the hearing tomorrow? I'll watch HLN, if I have to, but I prefer not to. TIA.

Nadda, just faces on lamps, but don't worry about it, we took care of it. :fence:

sorry for the OT but it seems like parents in general are getting more and more bold when having killed or abused their child in coming up with ways to try to manipulate things to make themselves seem the sympathetic victim of tragedy.

Yea, they just say..... It was a terrible accident!

Nothing I have heard Cinn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member