GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If this was premeditated, what are y'all thinking with regards to the alleged plan to meet up with friends for happy hour?

This is one thing I can't figure out. If he had after-work plans with buddies, why would he have chosen that particular day to leave his baby in the car?

Ha! I remember well before seat-belts when our mother would drive us 8 kids (lol) around in the station wagon and if she had to brake suddenly, her right arm would automatically fly out and almost chop off our head if we were in the front seat.

A generation later, my former sister-in-law, driving her 4 little ones around back in the 70's-no seat-belt law then either-she took a corner really fast and one of the car doors flew open-the child in that seat next to the door had the sense and reaction to just hang on to the door.
She was fine and the trip continued.

People get complacent sometimes these days and assume too much.

Parents should NEVER become complacent when their children are concerned.
People forget their lunch bag in the car......
99.9 % of the time not their child!

If this was premeditated, what are y'all thinking with regards to the alleged plan to meet up with friends for happy hour?

This is one thing I can't figure out. If he had after-work plans with buddies, why would he have chosen that particular day to leave his baby in the car?

Two things.

A. where are these alleged friends he had plans with? If I was meeting people and this happened I'd be hysterical on the phone with them to come to me. So perhaps he just said that as an excuse to explain why he went driving.

So let's see what the details unfold.

A profound comment, not by me, but by someone else: I am positive had it been his phone.. He would have realized he forgot it before he sat at his desk..

In the world of technology, I find this SO true. My husband and son will forget things, but never their phone.

Did Harris also leave his phone in the car that day?

MOO

Mel

Two things.

A. where are these alleged friends he had plans with? If I was meeting people and this happened I'd be hysterical on the phone with them to come to me. So perhaps he just said that as an excuse to explain why he went driving.

So let's see what the details unfold.

We haven't heard from the friends, and I haven't read that he was meeting anyone in the warrants. Perhaps I may have missed it. Is this a rumor?

Thanks!

Mel

Perhaps he expected Cooper to be dead by lunchtime. Jmo.

If he wasn't the one responsible for picking up Cooper, then having a plan to meet friends after work seems like a good plan.

ATM, don't know when plans were made, or if they were another lie

some reports have him on his way home:

"Seven hours after leaving the boy in the car, Harris pulled over on his way home from work"

http://woodstock.patch.com/groups/police-and-fire/p/police-mom-researched-hot-car-deaths-too

Maybe this was a prearranged meet up with friends, once he started with his plan, he may have had no intention of meeting up with them, but might have thought it would look better if he didn't cancel? Just my opinion

I'm still wondering what the arrangement should have been for Cooper been collected from daycare, I read that mum usually picked up as she worked part time, so IF this was a complete accident and dad tragically forgot to drop Cooper off, when was mum supposed to collect? X

Another one in Louisiana!
This is ridiculous.

The heat index here is over 100 today BTW.

I call BS

JMO

http://m.wafb.com/#!/newsDetail/25928403

Police: Mother forgets 5-week-old baby inside hot vehicle

The Slidell Police Department reports that an alert citizen and the swift actions of a police officer saved the life of a 5-week-old child.

Reports say the child was unresponsive, sweating profusely, and had internal temperatures that were at a deadly level.

The child was taken to the hospital and revived and has since made a full recovery.

Elzy claimed she dropped off her other children at a friend’s house, and totally forgot to take her 5-week-old out of the car. Slidell Police Chief Randy Smith says, “With all the media attention on this type of issue, it’s mind boggling to me that someone can leave, better yet, forget, about a child inside of a vehicle.”

still trying to figure out how that all fits. Possibly planned to have them witness discovery but smell from death, vomit or a ripe diaper caused him to realize he had failed to plan for that possible "overwhelming" "reek" and improvised.

Nope. I use my side mirrors. From years of having car seats and a DH who has a CDL he taught me how to use my side mirrors and I don't look at the back center anymore.

Luckily you haven't had an accident.
Using side mirrors only still leaves a blind spot.
AND side mirrors wouldn't allow one to see a little child behind one's car.

You know I've been thinking a lot about how I would react in that parking lot --assuming I'd "forgotten," that I didn't see my baby at lunch, that I didn't smell anything, and that I thought I heard him choking and pulled over -- all events leading up to that moment being the same.

I might need to be cuffed as well.

I could be wrong, but here's what I think. I think they would have to pry my baby out of my arms. I would have to be pulled away; I can't say whether I would try to perform CPR or not because who knows if I'd "realize" he was dead, if I'd be in denial, etc... BUT, I would not leave him lying on the pavement and walk away or take my eyes off of him. I would be screaming for help, for someone to call 911, but I wouldn't be making other calls.

I don't care how stiff or smelly he was or if he had vomit and feces all over him -- this is my baby! Until official personnel came and MADE me turn him over, I'd be right there holding him, at the least touching him.

After that, I might need to be cuffed -- I would be SO angry at myself and in so much pain and anguish that I can imagine being uncontrollable; I could see myself beating on my car -- hysterical.

I know we don't all react the same -- but the way the scene is described, it's almost as though Ross found the earliest opportunity to get as far away from Cooper as possible... and stayed away.

MOO
Thanks wasn't enough. Yes, this would be me as well. They would have to pry my child from my hands and probably administer calming medications. If I ended up in cuffs, it would be to take me to the hospital because I would not be in a well state. My youngest was born alive but her twin was still. I was never able to hold him. I pray daily that I don't lose another child (or grandchild as I have one now) but if I did, there's no way in H E double hockey sticks that I will ever not hold my baby for as long as I possibly can and I imagine I would fight at anyone and everyone keeping me from doing that.

At first when they said they had to restrain him, I thought it had to be for that type of reason, but now I don't know. I do know people grieve differently and respond different to the same situation. My husband and I had two completely different reactions to our son's passing, so I can't judge JH on walking away instead of holding Cooper those moments, it's all his other actions that give me concern.

Sharing here because it is (sorta) related.

http://wgnsradio.com/woman-left-chi...rutherford-county-health-department-cms-20891

Someone at the Health Department told the mother that she should not leave her kids outside in the hot car, but she refused to listen and said that no one can tell her what to do. That was when police were called.

When authorities arrived on the scene, the temperature outside was 91-degrees and the car was not running. Luckily, the children were not in the car long enough to suffer from a heat stroke.

People are really just plain idiots sometimes!!!

if he was indeed meant to meet friends for drinks I really really want to know if it was to be south or north from his office.

still puzzling over the reports that he drove the opposite direction from home at first after work.

Another one in Louisiana!
This is ridiculous.

The heat index here is over 100 today BTW.

I call BS

JMO

http://m.wafb.com/#!/newsDetail/25928403

Police: Mother forgets 5-week-old baby inside hot vehicle

The Slidell Police Department reports that an alert citizen and the swift actions of a police officer saved the life of a 5-week-old child.

Reports say the child was unresponsive, sweating profusely, and had internal temperatures that were at a deadly level.

The child was taken to the hospital and revived and has since made a full recovery.

Elzy claimed she dropped off her other children at a friend’s house, and totally forgot to take her 5-week-old out of the car. Slidell Police Chief Randy Smith says, “With all the media attention on this type of issue, it’s mind boggling to me that someone can leave, better yet, forget, about a child inside of a vehicle.”
And her friend didn't realize the baby wasn't with this woman?
I agree, Im calling bs.

***Wanted to add, it is 92% here today. I was gone for several hours. leaving my SUV locked and windows rolled up. Inside temp of car today>>>> according to my digital therm. = 108.

Ross Cavitt WSB 2 reporting from Marietta courthouse: interest so high in case media outlets already staking out their turf 24 hrs in advance. Hearing will be @ 1:30 Thursday.

Was Cooper in his carseat when they were in the restaurant together? Was he awake? Was he sleeping? If so, was he covered with a blanket?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme