GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Motive...for you non fence sitters, what was his motive? Is there a life insurance policy we will be hearing about?

Maybe little man had just hit that defiant stage?

IDK, but I need something. This case has me reeling. :(

I agree, and I do that all the time actually. I go out to my car and put stuff in it so I won't forget it for sure.

The sad irony is my guess is that's exactly what he was doing - doing something foolproof so he for sure wouldn't forget the item - and meanwhile his son had been forgotten.

BBM. I am so far from where you are on this one. sad yes, but irony, I just don't see that. :(

So according to this source he left for lunch on foot. Interesting

Walking to lunch is new... Unless he did this all the time this man is pretty dumb

Not caught up yet with the thread so please ignore if this has been addressed already. Just because Harris did not take HIS car out for lunch does not mean that he walked to get lunch. Harris could have gone with co-workers or had someone pick him up at work for lunch. Now what I want to know is, did he do this often or did he usually take his own car for lunch.

MOO

So according to this source he left for lunch on foot. Interesting
I think he had planned to have the "big reveal" in a restaurant parking lot during lunch. When that didn't go as planned, he had to walk to lunch and have the "big reveal" after work.

At one point, Mr. Harris drove in the opposite direction of his home.
http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/story/25919400/cobb-toddler-death-retracing-the-fathers-steps

:waitasec: wasn't the pizza joint headed homeward from the office Ross worked at? Cause I coulda swore it was.

BBM

I kind of find this part of the part irrelevant... he was supposed to meet friend(s) and I haven't seen any reports that it was to be at his home -- plus someone mentioned horrific rush hour traffic a while back so he could have been doing a drive-around-short-cut type of thing...

In NO way defending him... with everything else in the picture, he deserves to be charged and let a jury decide

IMO

Greetings, rollingstone. And :welcome: to our little hideaway in the sky.

Ah, the highly competitive SEC that includes LSU, Ole Miss, and Bama. The couple, the Harris', had lived in Tuscaloosa Home of Roll Tide U of A. There are several photos online of Cooper with his daddy at various ball fields.

About 12 hours ago someone posted a link to a map and I am just now getting to look at it. It is a map of Starkville where MS State Bulldawgs shake their cowbells. JRHarris apparently drove from U of A @ Tuscaloosa to Starkville for a ballgame. JRHarris was a rabid Bama Man who [modsnip] my apologies

If JRHarris is a big Bama fan, the team colors are maroon and white. Not red and white. Never red for Bama. So, Cooper's casket was the color red and not maroon to indicate dedication to a SEC Team? Then, the red colored casket was selected because Cooper had recently learned to say the word red, iirc.

I wanna slap somebody. Cooper Harris may have grown to become another Joe Namath for the University of Alabama.

Okay. So here is the link to the map of Starkville from RoscoeUA 's photobucket account. Innocuous. Nothing here but the Harris guy attended a ballgame on the campus at MS State University in Starkville, MS. Only a few photos are there and they appear to be innocent college motifs.

http://s132.photobucket.com/user/RoscoeUA/media/Misc Temp/starkvillemap.jpg.html?sort=3&o=1

:sigh: you guys have gone and done it again, filled a thread and started a fresh one all while my boss was burying me with work to prepare for his vacation in a few weeks.

I am getting tired of trying to keep up with this case and the flying threads at the end of the day. It's become a second dang job. So you know what I did? I took tomorrow, my birthday and the fourth off so I could have FIVE days to follow this case and not be worried about pesky ole work.

Any fresh news today or are y'all just rehashing and re-examining what we already have? TIA for any brief update on any breaking news I missed today.
Happy Birthday tomorrow!!! :hugs:

Thank you for this. I have been wanting to post something similar but keep forgetting! I agree totally. The charges here are very smart. And I believe that once the evidence is heard, there may be a sort of reverse jury nullification. Many jurors will understand that this was likely premeditated.

But the prosecution doesn't have to prove much at all.

Like I said, I read the entire article.

No way in H E double hockey sticks did that man have more chance to remember than Harris did. It was a car alarm, friend. Car alarms sound all the time for no reason at all. I would imagine a leaf blew up against it. Now, if it had been a car seat motion detector, I would think the man should be brought up on murder charges, but it was not.

Let's review the facts here. In none of the cases we read did the people have three, spearate contacst in and out of their car involving their baby!!! In none of the cases in that article did the parents actually research the tragedy the day or two before it occurred!! Give me a break!!!

And although it didn't say, I will bet you big time that in none of those cases was it a mere three damn minutes from the time they last strapped their kid into his or her car seat until the time they forgot the child was there.

You know something, JeannaT, you've been very polite on these threads despite an onslaught of incredible and sometimes quite angry opposition from the majority. You have remained steadfast and calm. I respect you and your opinion.

But nothing you can say will change my mind about this case at this point unless totally different facts arise. I believe that common sense and the facts we are aware of show that Ross Harris is a murderer.

A HUGE thank you GITANA!:loveyou:

So he:
arrives at work 9:30
lunch 12:00-1:00
leaves 4:20

Hi all, just registered but I've been lurking around here over 2 years now :blushing:

The main thing in this case that has me scratching my head right now, is the comment from police that Cooper may not have even been in the car at 9am. I have been wracking my brain trying to guess how they are thinking he could have ended up left in that car. I feel this is perhaps the most puzzling statement (of many) to come out so far.

The whole thing is baffling right now though, very eager to see what happens on Thursday.

Wait, police commented that Cooper may not have been in the car at 9am? I missed that!

So maybe when dad went to the car at lunch to put something into the car, it was Cooper that he put in there??? Do they have that on surveillance video? Wow, that would certainly change things now wouldn't it?

Motive...for you non fence sitters, what was his motive? Is there a life insurance policy we will be hearing about?

Maybe little man had just hit that defiant stage?

IDK, but I need something. This case has me reeling. :(

Pure selfishness. Wanted his freedom from parental responsibilities. That's all I can think of without more information.

This is what I am waiting for, video of who he left or met up with.

Or what he put in the car at so called lunchtime and perhaps the vid will show IF he looked in the car at lunch time.

Okay , good stuff, all. couple of interesting thoughts: 1) Red coffin: Has anyone seen a picture ? If Fire truck red, it's all about Cooper, if Crimson Tide red, well, you know who.
2) [modsnip] 3) Lunch : I know HD HQ has a commissary/ lunchroom, not sure about the treehouse, but there are several restaurants in the area. Agree he doesn't look like he would walk to lunch or miss many meals very often. 4) Bail : if all he has to post is 10% bond, the $20,000 may get it , I don't expect it to be much more than $200,000 to $500,000

Snipped

Mr. Harris left work after 4:00 p.m. not noticing his son in the backseat, even though sources tell the FOX 5 I-Team the smell inside the car made it obvious something was wrong.

At one point, Mr. Harris drove in the opposite direction of his home.

It took FOX 5 eight minutes and 18 seconds to get to the location where Mr. Harris says he first realized his son was in the hot car.

http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/story/25919400/cobb-toddler-death-retracing-the-fathers-steps

BBM

After he left work to where he stopped takes a lot longer than I thought looking at the map. :(
Just wanted to add...it looks shorter on the map because it really isn't that much of a distance. Traffic congestion is what takes the travel time up.

I wonder if that is a normal work day or not.

Definitely NOT a normal work day for an entry level web developer at a fortune 500 company. If he were one of the founders? Then yeah.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member