GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I read somewhere he placed something inside the driver side door. Maybe I read it wrong. JMO I will look for a link.

According to the SW:

During lunch said accused did access the same vehicle through the driver's side door to place an object into the vehicle.
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=10680907#post10680907"]GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mos *** MEDIA LINKS *** NO DISCUSSION*** - Page 5 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

IMO, he opened the driver's side door and placed an object in the vehicle, but it doesn't say WHERE in the vehicle he placed the object...did he place it in the driver's seat OR in the passenger's seat ?? Surely, not the back seat at all, for obvious reasons. HTH.

LOL, I'm not seeing it, but I guess you never know.

yeah not that exciting but just adding it to the odd sock drawer of ideas......person I worked with had that kind of compulsion to know what was going on ''remotely''

if I am allowed ((tos))

his linkedin account highlights his association with

Atlanta area football officials association
Georgia high school school athletics

For those searching for motive:

An Overview of Filicide

One of the most influential classifications of child murder was created in 1969 by Phillip Resnick. He reviewed 131 cases of filicide committed by both men and women that were discussed in psychiatric literature dating from 1751 to 1967.

He developed five categories to account for the motives driving parents to kill their children:

1. Altruistic filicide—The parent kills the child because it is perceived to be in the best interest of the child.
A. Acts associated with parental suicidal ideation—The parent may believe that the world is too cruel to leave the child behind after his or her death.
B. Acts meant to relieve the suffering of the child—The child has a disability, either real or imagined, that the parent finds intolerable.

2. Acutely psychotic filicide—The parent, responding to psychosis, kills the child with no other rational motive. This category may also include incidents that occur secondary to automatisms related to seizures or activities taking place in a post-ictal state.

3. Unwanted child filicide—The parent kills the child, who is regarded as a hindrance. This category also includes parents who benefit from the death of the child in some way (e.g., inheriting insurance money, marrying a partner who does not want step- children).

4. Accidental filicide—The parent unintentionally kills the child as a result of abuse. This category includes the rarely occurring Munchausen syndrome by proxy.

5. Spouse revenge filicide—The parent kills the child as a means of exacting revenge upon the spouse, perhaps secondary to infidelity or abandonment.

The most common motive in Resnick’s study was altruism. In total, this category accounted for 49 percent of the cases reviewed. The least common motive was spousal revenge, which accounted for only two percent of the murders. This comprehensive classification system can be applied to both female and male perpetrators.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2922347/

bbm

1. a. is kind of ''haunting'' if you place it in tandem with her (she who must not be named) remarks at the funeral.....(paraphrased) he won't know the pain of losing his mother and father by death

can't possibly know where their heads are at .... but maybe they couldn't think of anyone who could raise him if something happened to them ....

place something in passenger seat from drivers side

Then he must have seen the car seat? Unless he just threw it in?

If it was one of the computers listed on that search warrant, that were recovered from the car, he didn't just throw it in.... he leaned in and put it on the seat - this is just speculation on my part, but it is pretty darn interesting to me that he opened that car door and still did not remember his child. :(

Salem

If it was one of the computers listed on that search warrant, that were recovered from the car, he didn't just throw it in.... he leaned in and put it on the seat - this is just speculation on my part, but it is pretty darn interesting to me that he opened that car door and still did not remember his child. :(

Salem

Exactly!

That rear facing seat would be so close to the drivers seat none of this makes sense to me!! When convertible car seats are rear facing they take up so much space!

Unless there is a medical reason, I cannot believe that he forgot his child within the short lapse of time after the restaurant breakfast.

if I am allowed ((tos))

his linkedin account highlights his association with

Atlanta area football officials association
Georgia high school school athletics

I thought when I was on my laptop I saw that but I couldn't see it on my phone just now.

GHSA is the public high school sports association here. Most of my friends coaching are in Gwinnett County. I don't know if refs get games closer to their home or if they go all over the metro area.

Exactly!

That rear facing seat would be so close to the drivers seat none of this makes sense to me!! When convertible car seats are rear facing they take up so much space!

yep and he's a tall guy so he'd be ''looking down'' on it from almost any point at the car

With HLN being located in Atlanta, it will be very easy for them to cover this case....They are probably ecstatic.

Don't forget CNN is in Atlanta, too. I'm sure they will be there on Thursday (unless there is a development with Malaysia Flt. 370) ;)

yep and he's a tall guy so he'd be ''looking down'' on it from almost any point at the car

Yes and I said this on the previous thread - he probably had to adjust the driver's seat backward due to his height - this would put his head very near the back of the car seat as it was in the middle of the back seat. I'm picturing their two heads within 12 inches of one another....

It all just defies any innocent explanation (imho).

Salem

Exactly!

Yes and I said this on the previous thread - he probably had to adjust the driver's seat backward due to his height - this would put his head very near the back of the car seat as it was in the middle of the back seat. I'm picturing their two heads within 12 inches of one another....

It all just defies any innocent explanation (imho).

Agree with what you've posted.

I can tell from the pictures that he is tall, but does it state anywhere how tall?

I'm like 99.99999999% sure there is no bail for felony murder...

I think they can, but it's probably rare.

He was indicted by a Charlton County grand jury on a felony murder charge in 2010, served some time in a youth detention facility, and was later released on a $50,000 bond.
http://charltoncountyherald.com/articles/2014/03/05/news/doc5315eaf8bf1e9016484516.txt
1. A person charged with the offense of murder may obtain bail only before a superior court judge. OCGA 17-6-1 (a) (2). The purpose of a pretrial bond is to prevent punishment before a conviction and to secure the appearance of the person in court for trial. Roberts v. State, 32 Ga. App. 339, 340-341 (123 SE 151) (1924). The standards for determining whether to grant release prior to trial are based on the 1968 American Bar Association pretrial release standards. Lane v. State, 247 Ga. 387, 388, n. 2 (276 SE2d 644) (1981). The trial court may release a person on bail if the court finds the person:
(1) Poses no significant risk of fleeing from the jurisdiction of the court or failing to appear in court when required;
(2) Poses no significant threat or danger to any person, to the community, or to any property in the community;
(3) Poses no significant risk of committing any felony pending trial; and
(4) Poses no significant risk of intimidating witnesses or otherwise obstructing the administration of justice.
OCGA 17-6-1 (e). The trial court must explain its reasons for denying bond to assist appellate review. Lane, 247 Ga. at 389. The granting or denial of bail will not be set aside unless there is a manifest and flagrant abuse of discretion. Jernagin v. State, 118 Ga. 307, 308 (45 SE 411) (1903).http://www.lawskills.com/case/ga/id/346/4/

Harris is likely one of those rare cases that would be eligible. I;m betting the judge sets bail and he raises the money to make it.

my suspicious mind keeps rolling to remote cam with sound toggled to his ipad or iphone

If I remember correctly, I read in a post here that a Lenovo ThinkPad was among items removed via the search warrant. The ThinkPad was listed as "removed from Justin Harris' car." Total speculation but maybe there was something detrimental on that ThinkPad (whatever it is, I think it is a tablet type computer).

Forgive me for not having a link, I know it was a post here but I have no idea where to begin looking for the link. The list included various other computers and electronics in addition to that that the police were after.

If I remember correctly, I read in a post here that a Lenovo ThinkPad was among items removed via the search warrant. The ThinkPad was listed as "removed from Justin Harris' car." Total speculation but maybe there was something detrimental on that ThinkPad (whatever it is, I think it is a tablet type computer).

Forgive me for not having a link, I know it was a post here but I have no idea where to begin looking for the link. The list included various other computers and electronics in addition to that that the police were after.

The search warrants list the devices and where they were searching for each. I think they're in the media thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Painauchocolat2024