GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bbm, I'm guessing THAT was the point of the research, rather than proving how mean and judgmental college students are. :seeya:

Or how their group dynamic affected their dislike for the student. Who was the leader, follower, did anyone stick up for the person? Did they all just fall in line rank and file. So interesting. One of my favorite, most disturbing, and telling (and not considered ethical now) social experiments was The Stanford Prison Experiment. Very telling about situational power and human behavior. Some people were put in position of guards and the other prisoners, their transformation in exerting power over the "prisoners" and actually hating them and wanting to dominate them was SO swift the experiment had to be stopped.

It also had psychological implications for the participants which is why it is now unethical. They were rightly disturbed by how quickly they "changed" and horribly they treated other human beings when put in the position of power. Therefore, it violated some ethics of social research. Still, the results were frightening and fascinating regarding human behavior and power.

In 1971, a team of psychologists designed and executed an unusual experiment that used a mock prison setting, with college students role-playing prisoners and guards to test the power of the social situation to determine behavior. The research, known as the Stanford Prison Experiment, has become a classic demonstration of situational power to influence individual attitudes, values and behavior. So extreme, swift and unexpected were the transformations of character in many of the participants that this study -- planned to last two-weeks -- had to be terminated by the sixth day.

http://www.apa.org/research/action/prison.aspx

Yes, in the middle of the back seat...and the father's seat pushed back for his height, RH would not have been able to NOT see the car seat out of his side vision.
I have same car and am shorter and can see my much younger nephew's head inside his car seat. No way not to see Cooper.:moo::moo:

It depends what kind of seat it was and what angle it was installed at. 2 yr olds can have a seat that is more upright and if it is always in his car, Then it would not matter if cooper was in it or not, he would have the same view.

REMINDER: It is against TOS to take posts from Websleuths and post them elsewhere. This is a bannable break of the rules. Not just a TO, but a ban. If you want to use posts from WS, you need BOTH the author's permission and permission from the Owners of this site.

Salem

Hopefully this case will push the remaining 31 states to hurry up and deal with legislation regarding car seat/child abandonment.

Folks please let us keep religious debate out of the thread. You can discuss religion as to what is reported on in the media (not comments etc) please and thank you most respectfully
by Super Moderator, nursebeeme

Respectfully carried over from a previous thread on this case which is located here: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10674303&postcount=191"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #4[/ame]

From last night's NG:

GRACE: Haisten and Martin Savidge, please look over your search warrants. I`ve got a huge stack of them. Several iPhones were taken, computers were taken, laptops were taken, Google Chromes were taken. Do any of those belong to mommy? Joining me right now, Ben Levitan, telecommunications expert joining me out of Raleigh. Ben, let`s talk about texts, let`s talk about iPhones, Blackberries, texting from an iPad. What can they retrieve?

BEN LEVITAN, TELECOMMUNICATIONS EXPERT: Well, all these devices are perfect witnesses. They keep track of all your activity and all your locations throughout the day. And so what we`re going to find out is yes, daddy did research how hot does it have to be for a baby to die in a car.

But let`s look at the other context. What else did he research? And this may be the smoking gun that the prosecutor comes out with. It`s fine to possibly this was a legitimate research. But what else? Did he look at other methods for possibly killing a child? The other thing is, you have to look at behavior. Did mom and dad normally text all day and all of a sudden on this one day they didn`t text at all? I always look at this when I look at people`s cell phones. Because people are creatures of habit. You text back and forth all day on a regular habit. If all of a sudden that changes, what happened? It`s got to be something, Nancy.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1407/01/ng.01.html

I would like to add my vote to dropping the subject of the lamp/photo/ reflection because it really is so unimportant in the great scheme of things. I can see that it could be a photo, it could also be a reflection depending on the shape of the lamp base, but for me these are the real important questions:
  • Was Cooper booked into day care at all that day?
  • If Cooper was booked in, did day care make a call when he did not turn up?
  • If day care called, who did they call and when?
  • What calls were made between RH and LH that day?
  • Exactly what was the configuration of the car seat and driver seat? I feel it almost impossible that RH could have missed his son if the rear facing seat was in the centre of the back seat.
  • How could anyone forget about their child within a minute of strapping them into their car seat on leaving the breakfast joint?
  • How could anyone not notice or remember their child on returning to put something into the car at lunchtime? (this visit is mentioned in the warrant)
  • How could anyone getting into the car at 4pm after it had been baking for seven hours not smell full nappy and possibly decomposition (heat speeds up this process) and not notice their son when fixing their seatbelt to drive off? The car seat and Connor would have been right there as RH turned to click his seatbelt in place.
  • How could anyone continue to drive with windows up for several miles before stopping for help when they simply could not have missed seeing their son on getting into the car?
  • Exactly what was the nature of the internet searches and when were they made?
  • Exactly who did RH call on his mobile whilst CPR was being performed on his son?

I am hoping we can stop the talk of the photo or not on the lamp :banghead:

Some people have said that possibly RH & LH may have been discussing leaving Cooper in the car and that is why they searched, to prove information to the other one. If either of them found it acceptable to leave him in a hot car for any period of time, that is not acceptable to me. The consequence of doing this for too long is obvious. Let's say they debated how long...any amount of time would be uncomfortable for poor Cooper, let alone scary! Would any adult sit in a hot car even just for a few minutes just because it would not kill them? Who would want to put their baby in such an uncomfortable situation? And if they were making a habit of doing this KNOWINGLY, wouldn't they check on Cooper before they left the car? Especially if it were going to be for 7 hours. :scared:

JMO:twocents::twocents::twocents:

Ashley, how could he forget the child in one minute and 20 seconds?

MCMAHON: Nancy, this is a new parent. He`s probably a little bit sleep deprived.

GRACE: The child is almost two years old.

MCMAHON: Still, have you known a 2-year-old that slept soundly throughout the night every single night consistently? I haven`t.

GRACE: Do you have children?

MCMAHON: I do not have children myself.

GRACE: Let me just say, I know you do, Sanchez. And I bet many a night after you`ve been up half the night with your children -- I assume you got up with them, too, as well as your wife -- you would get up and be in court at 8:00 in the morning or argue to an appellate court or try a case. That`s the miracle of being a parent. You adapt to very little sleep. So I`m not buying the whole sleep deprived. He managed to go into
work and work without any incident. Did he not, Ashley?

MCMAHON: Yes, he did manage to go into work.

GRACE: Where`s your sleep deprived argument?

MCMAHON: But the question is, was he going through the motions that day? He just drove one minute. It`s not like he drove 35 minutes to a daycare that was off site. He simply forgot the child was in the car and had a tragic accident.

GRACE: Wait a minute. Alex, another thing about the 1 minute and 20 seconds, if the child is awake in Chick-fil-a, the child`s not going to fall asleep in 1 minute and 20 seconds. That`s not going to happen.

SANCHEZ: How do you know that? How do you know as soon as the child is not put in that car seat and the car starts going, the kid doesn`t snooze off? I have two kids and they both fell asleep very quickly as soon as they were in that car.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1407/01/ng.01.html

:truce:
No offense to anyone intended...but if the picture/lamp posts are that bothersome, just read some other thread....like the one I started in the Jury Room about how things are disappearing from my house!:scared: :ghost:

I am hoping we can stop the talk of the photo or not on the lamp :banghead:

Some people have said that possibly RH & LH may have been discussing leaving Cooper in the car and that is why they searched, to prove information to the other one. If either of them found it acceptable to leave him in a hot car for any period of time, that is not acceptable to me. The consequence of doing this for too long is obvious. Let's say they debated how long...any amount of time would be uncomfortable for poor Cooper, let alone scary! Would any adult sit in a hot car even just for a few minutes just because it would not kill them? Who would want to put their baby in such an uncomfortable situation? And if they were making a habit of doing this KNOWINGLY, wouldn't they check on Cooper before they left the car? Especially if it were going to be for 7 hours. :scared:

JMO:twocents::twocents::twocents:

Glad to see others also think the lamp debate is pointless

Good points to the rest as well. :seeya:

No offense to anyone intended...but if the picture/lamp posts are that bothersome, just read some other thread....like the one I started in the Jury Room about how things are disappearing from my house!:scared: :ghost:

yours too ?---

What I can not stand about NG is that she does not care about the facts or want to look at all the evidence.. She picks a side right away and she starts with the drama and trying to make everyone else look like an idiot.

I have 2 kids that slept through the night at 6 weeks. I have one that never slept through the night and even in grade school doesn't. All kids are different.

clearly you have a poltergeist or are a very forgetful person or you sleepwalk and move things around.

and your suggestion about catching up on other threads til the conversation turns to something of interest to me is exactly what I have opted to do on that issue. Plenty of other things to discuss if the one here does not suit one's interest. jmo

Hopefully this case will push the remaining 31 states to hurry up and deal with legislation regarding car seat/child abandonment.

I hope so too. I was just thinking, if there had been a law in Georgia, maybe it would have been easier to charge RH? Even if he did forget... wouldn't matter.

A few weeks ago in Houston, a young woman left her baby in the car at a gas station while she went in to pay. The car was carjacked and the baby went missing for hours. It's so hot here, even at night. The car was eventually found with no baby inside.
She was found safe by a jogger the next morning. Still in her car seat, but not inside the car. I think a lot of people were relieved about that...

for me these are the real important questions:
  • Was Cooper booked into day care at all that day?
  • If Cooper was booked in, did day care make a call when he did not turn up?
  • If day care called, who did they call and when?
  • What calls were made between RH and LH that day?
  • Exactly what was the configuration of the car seat and driver seat? I feel it almost impossible that RH could have missed his son if the rear facing seat was in the centre of the back seat.
  • How could anyone forget about their child within a minute of strapping them into their car seat on leaving the breakfast joint?
  • How could anyone not notice or remember their child on returning to put something into the car at lunchtime? (this visit is mentioned in the warrant)
  • How could anyone getting into the car at 4pm after it had been baking for seven hours not smell full nappy and possibly decomposition (heat speeds up this process) and not notice their son when fixing their seatbelt to drive off? The car seat and Connor would have been right there as RH turned to click his seatbelt in place.
  • How could anyone continue to drive with windows up for several miles before stopping for help when they simply could not have missed seeing their son on getting into the car?
  • Exactly what was the nature of the internet searches and when were they made?
  • Exactly who did RH call on his mobile whilst CPR was being performed on his son?

respectfully snipped by me. All questions I am most concerned with answering as well.

:welcome: to all the new members who have joined to discuss this case. :wave: to all those guests. Jump in, the water is fine and we don't bite.

I hope we get some new information tomorrow to discuss. Perhaps, more of a clear picture of their evidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txtruecrimekat