GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was there ever a confirmed source for LH being out of town that day? Sincere apologies if I missed it, but it's almost impossible to keep up with the threads and real life at the same time! Thanks so much.

I have a feeling tomorrow is going to be a bit of a let down, information wise. I want a "Driver, move that bus!" moment...

But the truth is all the DA's office has to do tomorrow is show evidence to support the charges. Meaning, all they have to do is show they have evidence that Ross Harris was criminally negligent.

I wouldn't show all my cards... just what I need too. And, so, I worry that most of the answers won't be revealed tomorrow.

I think that's usually the case with these hearings. It's typically bare bones. Now what me might see, is more information about the timeline and/or video footage. I think it would clear up a lot to know either of those things.

They should show all their kings though (card speak). The DA will have to release all information to the defense anyway. It's never a pleasant moment in the courtroom when a DA is accused of withholding evidence.

Now I understand this is a probable cause hearing -- but I would suspect they would reveal the major points accordingly. Otherwise, it could be a loss to the DA.

MOO

Mel

Who said anything about withholding evidence?

Is Wild About Trials or HLN going to have a live feed?
I can't watch it on tv...between commercials and talking heads ....I feel like ripping my hair out after 20 minutes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a feeling tomorrow is going to be a bit of a let down, information wise. I want a "Driver, move that bus!" moment...

But the truth is all the DA's office has to do tomorrow is show evidence to support the charges. Meaning, all they have to do is show they have evidence that Ross Harris was criminally negligent.

I wouldn't show all my cards... just what I need too. And, so, I worry that most of the answers won't be revealed tomorrow.

Depends also on if they are trying to keep on a no bond hold.

They should show all their kings though (card speak). The DA will have to release all information to the defense anyway. It's never a pleasant moment in the courtroom when a DA is accused of withholding evidence.

Now I understand this is a probable cause hearing -- but I would suspect they would reveal the major points accordingly. Otherwise, it could be a loss to the DA.

MOO

Mel

Not presenting all their evidence, is nowhere near the same thing as withholding evidence!! The prosecution is under no obligation to turn over all their evidence for this hearing.

Those internet research sessions...and drive around after work in is reeking car, cinch it for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The sticking part for me smell wise is all the stories I read on that Kidsandcars.org about parents forgetting to drop the kids at school, leaving them to die in the car accidentally, getting back in the car after 8/9 hours and work and driving to the daycare or babysitters to pick up the kid.... In those cases it was the baby sitter or teacher explaining to the parents the child was never brought to school that made them go running to the car. Not one mentioned a smell. If that's after 8 hours and if Cooper died between 10:30-12 and RH left work shortly after 4pm that puts him in the car 4 maybe 5 hours after he passed.

The searches are going to take a lot of explaining. I'm interested to see how long ago they took place and what the exact wording was for each parent.

I would also love confirmation on how long it was between the time he buckled Cooper in to the time he pulled out of the Chicfila lot forgetting to drop his son at school soon after. I would also love to know if he was a regular at Chicfila and if so if he typically ate there with it without Cooper in the mornings.

The amount of friends and family still supporting them and this being a terrible accident makes me wonder also....

Tomorrow will be telling.

Actually Susan Smith's experience is rather typical. There is always talk of how when a mother that kills her child/ren goes to prison that they will suffer at the hands of other women. That may have been true many, many years ago. However, with our prisons filling up with mothers that have killed their child/ren it is no longer the case. There is also protective custody that a parent that has killed their child/ren will be placed in. Very difficult for any of the other inmates (male or female) to get to the killer in that case.

If you don't mind answering, why do you not believe in the DP? Shouldn't the punishment fit the crime?

MOO

I think killing is wrong no matter what and I don't agree with cushy prisons. That is just ridiculous, but not surprising these days.

Is Wild About Trials or HLN going to have a live feed?
I can't watch it on tv...between commercials and talking heads ....I feel like ripping my hair out after 20 minutes

I know 11alive.com is streaming live. Would assume other sources like CNN will stream.

Was there ever a confirmed source for LH being out of town that day? Sincere apologies if I missed it, but it's almost impossible to keep up with the threads and real life at the same time! Thanks so much.

I'm interested to see this also. I've never seen a confirm on this

When I see the picture of Cooper sitting on the floor with the book he reminds me of the little boy from Dennis the Menace movie. (guess its that blonde hair) Last night while looking to see what movies were going to be on the movie channels I saw that Dennis the Menace is coming on. Wierd how things like that happen.

Don't they also have to submit their reports on what the searches of seized property have found to date?

It really seems wrong they don't have to present all of the evidence. Why hold anything back?

It really seems wrong they don't have to present all of the evidence. Why hold anything back?

Both the prosecution and defense will have tactics, neither side would show their entire hand this early. Really, it's simply par for the course.

CNN had said a couple of days ago that there would be another doc dump on Thursday or Friday. Friday is a holiday - can't imagine anything being released then.

Yes. It's a bit of a balancing act. They have to show enough cards to make the charges stick, though.

And under Georgia law, which doesn't require intent, I think those charges are obvious, and things he admitted to. He was the one who put the baby in the car, and then left him there all day until after 4 when he discovered his remains after somehow realizing he was back there.

As far as I can tell, that's ALL they need to show to bring the charges that have been brought. They don't have to say anything at all about intent, desire to have the child dead, knowledge that the child was for sure in there, life insurance, internet searches, premeditation, etc.

They only need what all of us absolutely 100% agree on. He put the baby in the car, and then closed up the car and left him there.

Since there isn't a soul here who doesn't agree that's what happened - I fully believe that's all the proof they may show tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SuzyQuinn