GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Listening to the hearing right now. Can't look at defendant so I'll just read here while I listen.

Someone said he had MOOBS , I didn't notice, I was focased on his face. Did he have man *advertiser censored*?

This site keeps freezing my puter BAD. Please fix it.

"Supporters who know Ross are backing him." I'm not sure I would connect dots between someone knowing him and being innocent. Not uncommon for close relatives to be in denial and have blind loyalty for a relative charged with murder. That's low bar of standard to say one believes he is not guilty.

Similar to the church lady on the stand for the defense. She knew nothing of the prosecutor's information. When the prosecutor stood up to question her I thought oh no! you poor lady. Jmo

ciao

Why are most of the administrators Texas Longhorn supporters??? Is the website based in Austin?

I believe that one of the co-owner's husband died and he was a huge fan. They are just doing it to show her some support and love. (SoSueMe)

ETA--And, no, I don't want you to sue me, that's the Co-owner's name :)

I want to throw this in before the site goes off line. So I haven't read this thread yet.

I've been thinking of Detective Phil Stoddard a lot and I really just am so impressed with him and how much confidence he displayed on the stand. Even when the smarmy Defense Attorney tried to make it seem like he was biased or that others thought RH was emotional etc. Stoddard didn't get ruffled or defensive. He just plodded ahead in tenacity and was very convincing.

One thing that I was thinking about was when he said he was present during the autopsy for Cooper. And I think he decided in that autopsy room to get justice for Cooper. Even the way he said his name during testimony, he said with a sense of protectiveness. And was pointed during Tricia's radio show yesterday, neither RH or LH referred to the boy by name during his funeral. They objectified him and distanced him.

But Stoddard's way of speaking of Cooper was very protective. I really think Stoddard is making it his mission to get justice for this little boy based on the trauma he went through.

Like Yuri Melich and little Caylee :loveyou:

I don't think anyone was saying they hope he takes a plea for thirty years. The charges as they stand now, felony murder is a life sentence. Mandatory. But he has no prior (yet) felony convictions and therfore would be eligible for parole in 30 years. Now, there is also a new law that went into effect causing confusion. It states a new specific murder charge for cruelty to children cases. It carries only a 30 year sentence. I don't think we'll see a plea anytime soon. I think it's going to take an upgrade of charges with the threat of pursuing the DP for a plea of LWOP. But, that's only if Ross' ego allows him to take the plea.

For anyone who attends the Harris' church, or knows someone who does, did the PH change the way church members feel about Harris? I also wondered if anyone has spoken up about any inappropriate behavior by Harris towards the children/young adults?

I want to throw this in before the site goes off line. So I haven't read this thread yet.

I've been thinking of Detective Phil Stoddard a lot and I really just am so impressed with him and how much confidence he displayed on the stand. Even when the smarmy Defense Attorney tried to make it seem like he was biased or that others thought RH was emotional etc. Stoddard didn't get ruffled or defensive. He just plodded ahead in tenacity and was very convincing.

One thing that I was thinking about was when he said he was present during the autopsy for Cooper. And I think he decided in that autopsy room to get justice for Cooper. Even the way he said his name during testimony, he said with a sense of protectiveness. And was pointed during Tricia's radio show yesterday, neither RH or LH referred to the boy by name during his funeral. They objectified him and distanced him.

But Stoddard's way of speaking of Cooper was very protective. I really think Stoddard is making it his mission to get justice for this little boy based on the trauma he went through.

I agree. What a great guy! Stoddard adopted orphaned Cooper, whom Ross and Leanna abandoned and left to die. Almost restores your faith in humanity...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let me say again that I am not defending him.. I am wondering if he was giving instructions based on the funeral. When my uncle died I helped my aunt do the planning. The Funeral home did the funeral based on information on his policy and then were to be paid when the policy paid out.

I am wondering if that was what he was talking about? Making sure the funeral was paid?

Believe me, I don't like this guy and at this time I see nothing but guilt, But I just want to make sure what I am accusing him of is true and not just a pile of" well he is this so he must be that.. " There is certainly plenty awful about this to go around for him.

Let me say again that I am not defending him.. I am wondering if he was giving instructions based on the funeral. When my uncle died I helped my aunt do the planning. The Funeral home did the funeral based on information on his policy and then were to be paid when the policy paid out.

I am wondering if that was what he was talking about? Making sure the funeral was paid?

Believe me, I don't like this guy and at this time I see nothing but guilt, But I just want to make sure what I am accusing him of is true and not just a pile of" well he is this so he must be that.. " There is certainly plenty awful about this to go around for him.

Home Depot paid for the funeral.

Please note that Salem has now changed the rules of the game. Leanna is NO LONGER a victim per WS guidelines. We CAN sleuth her.

PS. Thank you so much to Salem and the other mods that came to this decision!!

I did see that. I am not sure I agree yet, But I see that it is allowed.

Could be. But based on them giving the timing as "5 hours" it seems to me that it coincides with his arrest and is more likely to have to do with bail and attorneys retainers. jmo

My husband put a thermometer in his truck a few hours ago.
it was 81° outside, within an hour and a half it was 135° inside the truck.
The sun has now dropped passed the trees and it is now 102.5° in the truck and 80.8° outside.

No real change in the outdoor temp, just movement of
the sun.

Wish I had taken the temp every 15min. ya know just to see.

Cops often play this game.. if you want to call it lying you can.. I would call it selective evidence sifting.. They are balancing the morality of lying about seeing a piece of evidence against the morality of letting a guy like JH out of jail to potentially abscond and get away with the murder of an innocent baby.. I know which I would choose..

If you do not think police lie a lot in cases like this you are mistaken. Witness the OJ trial as the worst example of it, but they are often so keen to convict someone that they do stuff that is "decidedly dodgy" as we say in England

See http://truthinjustice.org/convicting.htm
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/03/opinion/sunday/why-police-officers-lie-under-oath.html?_r=1&
See http://www.talkleft.com/story/2013/2/4/13556/84908/misconduct/Why-Do-Police-Lie-Under-Oath-

Det Stoddard was under oath, no way he would have lied IMO

I don't think anyone was saying they hope he takes a plea for thirty years. The charges as they stand now, felony murder is a life sentence. Mandatory. But he has no prior (yet) felony convictions and therfore would be eligible for parole in 30 years. Now, there is also a new law that went into effect causing confusion. It states a new specific murder charge for cruelty to children cases. It carries only a 30 year sentence. I don't think we'll see a plea anytime soon. I think it's going to take an upgrade of charges with the threat of pursuing the DP for a plea of LWOP. But, that's only if Ross' ego allows him to take the plea.

I thought I responded to this, but I don't see it. So apologies if this is a double post. Just wanted to note that 30 years is the MAX under the new law. The MIN is just 10. They will have to upgrade the charges if they're going to get life or the DP imo.

Are we allowed to post things he said about LE??? And is reddit off limits?

Roscosua

"Never take a field sobriety test. They are unreliable scientifically but hold up in court. Refuse to answer any questions. And ask if you are being detained. If not, leave. Some states require you to blow into a breathalyzer or a blood test. I will never take a FST. Everything a police officer does during a possible dui traffic stop means he is trying to build evidence against you. You should everything in your power to prevent this.
permalinkcontextfull comments (1360)"

From Reddit.. If not allowed please delete.

I just found it funny how he was saying he does not trust LE. It is from 3 months ago.

Home Depot paid for the funeral.

But that decision wouldn't have been known 5 hours after his death after close of business. Not that I think they intended to use the money for the funeral. Just sayin'

I thought I responded to this, but I don't see it. So apologies if this is a double post. Just wanted to note that 30 years is the MAX under the new law. The MIN is just 10. They will have to upgrade the charges if they're going to get life or the DP imo.

Which brings me back to last night's question again. :)

At the end of the hearing, the judge said something like, "facing a life sentence with a minimum mandatory of 30 years in prison...."

Is he not applying the new law or is there something I'm missing?

I'm sorry, but this is the wrong manual... Judging by the image of Cooper on google, he was in a keyfit30. It goes to 30inches tall and 30lbs.

That said, if he were still under 30" tall, he would have fallen off the chart by about eighteen months.

I do take issue with the assumption he simply didn't fit in a seat because a mannequin of equal size was too large. Mannequins don't slouch or settle in like a child does, and every child is shaped different. I'd have a hard time buying that the mannequin was of equal proportion all over, myself.

I do believe that he probably didn't fit the seat and that it was used wrong.

Given that 90% of seats are used wrong, I think it's better to assume the 10% that get it right are extra diligent rather than the other 90% careless or neglectful. The concept of car seats saving lives is very abstract. Look how many posters have argued that rear facing seats are ridiculous past a year, or look uncomfy, or whatever, despite the fact that they are known to be four times safer. So many go by the law rather than the recommendations because a ticket or fine is an easier understood risk than injury to their child. After all, we all rode without these modern seats, and we survived.

And all that said, I think these two were clearly meant for each other and both guilty as sin

There's no way Cooper was still fitting that infant carseat at 22 months old! My son is small for his age and 33 inches at 21 months. The mannequin was shorter than Cooper so I'd say it was a good substitute for any "slouch and settle" you think a real child could do. Also, a longer torsoed child would out grow it faster than a shorter torsoed child of the same height. Bottomline, its an infant carseat not meant for a nearly two year old toddler. RH and LH knew this and thats why they bought Cooper an appropriately sized FF carseat 6 weeks before he died. I can't wait to hear the excuse for why they put him back in his ill fitting infant carseat, RF, just two weeks before he dies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper