GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
LH's reaction at the daycare bothers me so much. I've been thinking about it over the past 24 hours and it just doesn't seem normal at all, even in the context of the text. I would think kidnapping or even that my husband lied to me and ran off with my baby before I thought he left the baby in the car. It's a rare thing and so specific. It's like if you hear your baby crying, you automatically assume he or she has stuck their finger in the electrical outlet. Bizarre.

I thought about how I would react, then I realized, I know how I would react because something similar happened to us. Last year my daughter got on the bus in the morning and I was supposed to pick her up after school that afternoon. I got to the school and she wasn't there. I panicked a bit, but I didn't think she was left on the bus in the morning or anything nefarious. I did have the school deputy involved as he was right there, but I figured there was a logical explanation. (There was--she had forgotten I was coming and had gotten on the bus to go home.)

Roscosua

"Never take a field sobriety test. They are unreliable scientifically but hold up in court. Refuse to answer any questions. And ask if you are being detained. If not, leave. Some states require you to blow into a breathalyzer or a blood test. I will never take a FST. Everything a police officer does during a possible dui traffic stop means he is trying to build evidence against you. You should everything in your power to prevent this.
permalinkcontextfull comments (1360)"

From Reddit.. If not allowed please delete.

I just found it funny how he was saying he does not trust LE. It is from 3 months ago.

He thinks he's smarter than LE apparently? Maybe because of his dispatcher experience :rolleyes: or his LE brother? Goes right along with him using cop jargon when he was being questioned.

Can't stand people like that.

P.S. No we didn't ALL survive not being in an infant carseat! Those in the pre carseat age range who died can't talk about it because they're dead! Ya know?

Roscosua

"Never take a field sobriety test. They are unreliable scientifically but hold up in court. Refuse to answer any questions. And ask if you are being detained. If not, leave. Some states require you to blow into a breathalyzer or a blood test. I will never take a FST. Everything a police officer does during a possible dui traffic stop means he is trying to build evidence against you. You should everything in your power to prevent this.

I just found it funny how he was saying he does not trust LE. It is from 3 months ago.

And Casey Anthony was against the Death Penalty. Probably because she knew she'd be facing it!

Roscosua

It's amazing how he advised others to be tight lipped with the Po Po, yet during his own interrogation, he helped them outline their case against him with the Internet searches of hot car deaths, etc. He said "too much", as Leanna later asked him. Self-destructive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think my almost three year old can get out of hers. In fact, when we get in the car in a bit I'm going to see.

My 3 year old grandchild can. She loves to 'undo' it when we get to where we're going.

I had the same thought about a fling with the DC worker, but your post made me wonder if he was "fake talking" to the daycare so he could avoid what was happening around his car.

I'm pretty sure that 6 min call is the one he was on when LE showed up.

They asked him to hang up to talk to them and he told her F&ck you

I want to know who he was talking to!

There's no way Cooper was still fitting that infant carseat at 22 months old! My son is small for his age and 33 inches at 21 months. The mannequin was shorter than Cooper so I'd say it was a good substitute for any "slouch and settle" you think a real child could do. Also, a longer torsoed child would out grow it faster than a shorter torsoed child of the same height. Bottomline, its an infant carseat not meant for a nearly two year old toddler. RH and LH knew this and thats why they bought Cooper an appropriately sized FF carseat 6 weeks before he died. I can't wait to hear the excuse for why they put him back in his ill fitting infant carseat, RF, just two weeks before he dies?

It depends on the child. Many REar facing infant seats are now made to be used to about 2 years old. My cousins 3 yr old would still fit in one. It depends on the child.

There's no way Cooper was still fitting that infant carseat at 22 months old! My son is small for his age and 33 inches at 21 months. The mannequin was shorter than Cooper so I'd say it was a good substitute for any "slouch and settle" you think a real child could do. Also, a longer torsoed child would out grow it faster than a shorter torsoed child of the same height. Bottomline, its an infant carseat not meant for a nearly two year old toddler. RH and LH knew this and thats why they bought Cooper an appropriately sized FF carseat 6 weeks before he died. I can't wait to hear the excuse for why they put him back in his ill fitting infant carseat, RF, just two weeks before he dies?

Somewhere upthread it's stated in yesterdays hearing IIRC ,that J had just switched carseats and carseat facings just before his plan was carried out.

Which brings me back to last night's question again. :)

At the end of the hearing, the judge said something like, "facing a life sentence with a minimum mandatory of 30 years in prison...."

Is he not applying the new law or is there something I'm missing?

I could be wrong, but I think that was in reference to the 2nd degree felony...not the felony murder charge

LH's reaction at the daycare bothers me so much. I've been thinking about it over the past 24 hours and it just doesn't seem normal at all, even in the context of the text. I would think kidnapping or even that my husband lied to me and ran off with my baby before I thought he left the baby in the car. It's a rare thing and so specific. It's like if you hear your baby crying, you automatically assume he or she has stuck their finger in the electrical outlet. Bizarre.

I thought about how I would react, then I realized, I know how I would react because something similar happened to us. Last year my daughter got on the bus in the morning and I was supposed to pick her up after school that afternoon. I got to the school and she wasn't there. I panicked a bit, but I didn't think she was left on the bus in the morning or anything nefarious. I did have the school deputy involved as he was right there, but I figured there was a logical explanation. (There was--she had forgotten I was coming and had gotten on the bus to go home.)

I think most rational people would first think our spouse had made other arrangements for the day, or had only stayed briefly at work and gone home with the child, or that we had misunderstood the message left for us and would have pulled the phone out to look at it again. IDK what I would have done, but my first instinct would not be to state that my child had probably been left in the car all day.

I asked earlier if anyone knows if his church family is still supporting he and LH. I'm asking because I remember when Chris Coleman murdered his wife and 2 boys, his church (pastored by his parents) collected money for his defense. I have no idea how they all feel about it now but I have seen news stories that his parents and brothers still believe he is innocent.

Up thread folks are debating about LWOP, 30 years, etc. Didn't the judge at the bond hearing say, "This is a death penalty eligible case"?

Infant seats are not made for up to two years old. Covertible seats can be used for both those ages if height and weight aren't met. Infant seats are only for infants, always.

Did you notice Ross's chair was lower than the attorney's. Hmm... where have we seen that move before. Jmo

ciao
I did notice that his chair was lower! LOL. Since I'm a crime sleuth veteran certain things catch my eye. I don't think I'll ever forget the lowered chairs used in the Casey Anthony and the Jodi Arias trials. I also look for gum chewing. Gum chewing helps mask facial expressions or lack thereof. Sometimes the gum chewing doesn't work though (like Cooper's mother during the hearing) Sometimes the eyes show way too much for gum chewing to hide.

Somewhere upthread it's stated in yesterdays hearing IIRC ,that J had just switched carseats and carseat facings just before his plan was carried out.

Probably part of the plan- use the old, too small carseat that's rear-facing. Easier to "not see/forget" the boy because it's rear-facing and he could buckle him in tighter.

I think most rational people would first think our spouse had made other arrangements for the day, or had only stayed briefly at work and gone home with the child, or that we had misunderstood the message left for us and would have pulled the phone out to look at it again. IDK what I would have done, but my first instinct would not be to state that my child had probably been left in the car all day.

I asked earlier if anyone knows if his church family is still supporting he and LH. I'm asking because I remember when Chris Coleman murdered his wife and 2 boys, his church (pastored by his parents) collected money for his defense. I have no idea how they all feel about it now but I have seen news stories that his parents and brothers still believe he is innocent.

If I went to pick my child up and he was not there, My reaction would be.. " HUH" and I would pick up the phone and call dh. My reaction would not to think that my child was left in a car all day.
You know what I wonder? I wonder if they talked that day??? And did they regularly talk during the day?

Up thread folks are debating about LWOP, 30 years, etc. Didn't the judge at the bond hearing say, "This is a death penalty eligible case"?

He said, "and conceivably in the future, a possible death penalty case"

Wondering where the link to the bond hearing thread is? I was busy during the day yesterday and only got to read the last page of it before we moved back to this one. Only got the brief details...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marjulius