GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I give up! Had major things going on yesterday and tried to catch up this AM for 3 hours. For every page I read, one or more gets added, so I'm jumping ahead to try and just stay a little behind.

Some general comments from reading this AM.

1. Looking at the picture of the car seat at the lowest (newborn) position and the picture of Cooper (probably at a younger age) shows that the belt had been in a higher position to accommodate his size. It sure took planning (premeditation) to lower the straps to secure him tightly. That had to be so uncomfortable for Cooper.

What almost-two-year-old would not wiggle around and make a lot of noise in such a situation? Deaf in right ear or not, JRH just HAD to have heard or felt the child's movements.

2. There's no way this guy doesn't have a sense of smell. I have a friend who, due to surgeries has lost her sense of smell twice. It hasn't returned. Since she can't smell, she has also lost most of her ability to taste food... they are connected. She was very over-weight prior to the surgeries but has lost more than 100 pounds since. The reason? She either can't taste her food or the taste is terrible. She has a hard time eating. JRH doesn't seem to have a problem with his appetite!

3. I don't always trust people's lack of reaction to horrible news. A lifetime of severe anxiety disorder (runs in the family) has affected me in a peculiar way. To avoid anxiety, my brain tends to suppress strong emotional reactions. Where a lot of people will fall apart in a terrible situation, my tendency is to remain calm and cope. Someone close to me dies, my first thought is to say, "What do you need me to do?" And, I am strong in any kind of emergency. It's only that my mind goes first to coping. My body might react with a sick feeling, but my demeanor is calm, cool and collected. Once through the worst of things, my body and my mind fall apart, but only in private. LOL! I worry that, were someone in my close vicinity to be killed, I might be suspected due to my "lack of emotion" which is actually bottled up inside and waiting for a safe place to come out via tears and panic attacks. Thanks to the miracles of modern medicine, things have improved for me as I've reached beyond age 60.

From my personal experience, I am cutting Mom a little slack for the moment. It is possible JRH and she had discussions about his leaving Cooper in the car while he was running errands which sent them both to Google. I also commented way back that her negative view of what Cooper's life was spared from at the funeral may reflect more of her own bad experiences as a child. Also, when she commented that she was "doing it for you" at the funeral indicates to me that, based on her religious beliefs, she felt she had to tolerate her husband's "leadership" in the family. She didn't say she was doing it for herself.

I'd love to know what those closest to her have observed of her demeanor when not in public.

Nevertheless, it's only a LITTLE slack. I can't get over her comment to her husband asking if he said too much.

Thank you ....... the bbm is the ''tell''

I was reluctant to paint her totally guilty based solely on the lack of emotion due to being under the magnifying glass at this time. She's hyper-vigilant (rightfully so) as there is so much ''on the line'' in addition to the fact that her child is dead.

She was the one who had to step up to the plate and deal with the relatives and the funeral -- that's a lot of pressure.

She has to stay strong and like you point out -- she too may wait until she's safe. Grief can also make a person pretty fierce. Now that the just cause hearing is over she's under the scope of the LE -- that will take all of her energy. I think she's conserving her energy. We really don't know much about her......while she may be strong and bright she may well be more introverted than her husband and less expressive overall. By her own admission, school was not her favorite place to be....when she was young so maybe just maybe she had some (and may still have) social anxiety. She graduated with honors so we know she's bright. But not all scholars are socially adept .....MOO

There is a roscoeua user name for twitter--the account has been suspended:

https://twitter.com/account/suspended

However, I put the user name in peoplebrowsr to look for old/deleted tweets and there are some tweets. I don't have time to do the search right now, but thought someone else might want to see if there is anything of interest. Site is:

http://rs.peoplebrowsr.com/

probably because of the search warrants.....LE is capable of shutting off access

Sorry if this has been mentioned already....does anyone else see her comment of "He must have left Cooper in the car" as motive for throwing Ross under the bus, if her possible involvement were to come into question at a later date?

Since Ross "had a dream" about Cooper being dead, I'm sure he told her. I'm also "thinking" she may be referring to the dream, taking as a fulfillment. I've also had people "con" me with "dreams".

Actually, I've had "dreams" myself which came true, but I believe something/mind/whatever coerced me into making the "dreams" come true.

I know this sounds convoluted, however, many of us make our own worst fears come true. I know I do that sometimes.

Hope I'm making some sort of sense.

I wonder how long this sexting had gone on? Also, it had to be with all sorts of different women or maybe women in different states. Otherwise, if you were sexting for more than say a week would not you meet u at some point? Was he just sexting with strangers or had he met these ladies in person? It was maybe a mix. However, if he was using fake pics to get hot, young ladies, how could he ever meet them in person?

If I was sexting with a stranger and I thought they were a hot 25 year old guy, I would die if I went to meet him and found out how old he was and what he looked like. I would think the sexting had to be with strangers bc the sexting would have stopped once the ladies knew he was lying about looks, age...

IMO there is no shortage of young girls that troll for hook-ups and sexting on Kik and everywhere else.
I have a 16 year old son....I thought he was going through that lying bragging thing boys do...but no. He showed me. As soon as he gets on...it starts, and they're real willing to take their tops off.
It's really very very sad..

IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

probably because of the search warrants.....LE is capable of shutting off access

While we do like to sleuth, I suppose if the choice is between us and LE getting the info... better LE have it for now!

Yes, but the point is that the site I gave can show tweets on an account that has been shut down.

I can understand possibly cutting mom some slack due to her immediate reaction and statement about "Ross must've left Cooper in the car" ONLY......but....add her statement to Ross at the jail "Did you say too much?", her request to see her husband but NOT her baby, and her demeanor during the pre-trial. Can you still feel she didn't know her husband was planning this? IMO she's as cold to her baby as her husband is. What is wrong with these people?

I also find the fact she was aware of his cheating, yet so supportive of him causing the death of their son strange. I really cannot understand why she would defend him so strongly at the boy's funeral while knowing this.

""He must have left him the car""

(a) that idiot
(b) ***** that idiot said he would do this to me/cooper
(c) OMG this really happened I can't believe it
(d) stay calm and just get through this --

""did you say too much?""
(a) sit down you blithering idiot and tell me what the heck happened
(b) you're going down
(c) oh holy crap how does this impact ME

the only thing that matters right now is the oddness of her statements:

the one that nails her is "did you say too much''

the one that raised suspicion was the ''he left him in the car'' but even if she had said something totally different the reunion statement is the one that nails her hide

when she's talking to her mother and her mother is hysterical --- she says, "I guess I am in shock" ((<-------believe it or not that is plausible to me some of us do remain calm because we have had to deal with hysterical types in our past and have had to be ''the strong ones'' (JMO)

They live in Cobb County (not a small town area, many people from Atlanta moved there to avoid crime, also that part of the state has a LOT of transplants from other states).

Secondly, the wife's family is all in Alabama correct? So I wouldn't expect her family to have deep roots there. Is there some reason to think his side of the family has been in the Cobb County area for generations?

Ross doesn't have any family in Georgia, both of their families are in Alabama. He moved to Marietta specifically to take the HD job I do believe. During the hearing Thursday it was confirmed that he doesn't have any family in GA.

Am I reading it right... It looks like the judge's name was Harris... Is this one of those areas where everyone is related to everyone else, everyone is a second cousin?

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk

I don't think so. Harris is one of the most common last names in the country, up there with Smith, White, etc.

I don't understand anything about Mom's reactions. Not one thing she has said/done is in line with a grieving mother, Imo. Usually, even when you think someone is not reacting "right" to a tragedy, there are still one or two things that seem to show grief. But I can't find anything at all from her that does not seem entirely off. I guess it is possible she is an abused wife in a marriage where her husband calls all of the shots, even with regards to her emotions. But it just all seems way, way off.

Also, is it true he actually met up with one of his online/phone "friends"? Is there more on that, if so?

Does anyone have time of events for when RH pulled over (4:19?), and the time her called his wife, where was she? If she was right down the road at the day care wouldn't she just drive to the place where Cooper and RH were? IF she went to pick Cooper up at 4:45 wouldn't RH call her before that.

So far, RH has seemed much more upset with himself than LH has seemed at him. And he doesn't even seem to be too upset with himself. At least he shook a tree and screamed "what have I done?". This would probably be my reaction to finding out my partner killed my child accidentally. I would shake them and scream at them, I would probably end up needing to be restrained. Add to that the knowledge that they have been cheating on me and that the police are suspicious they caused the child's death deliberately, I would be going crazy wanting answers.

The fact that the mother seems so "meh" about the whole thing is really disturbing me.

And now they die from being forgotten due to them being put in the back seat.

Due to negligence!!!

The seat protects in a vehicle accident. The adult is responsible for protection all the time!

When I initially heard about this case, I had similar feelings as those when a prominent businessman in my town did this to his son and walked away. I feel badly for someone who made this unconscionable mistake. BUT... I think that when you sign up to have a kid you sign up to not tune out and do something stupid when the kid is in your care (which is almost always). I understand that human beings get in the zone driving to and from work and don't even remember driving. But, having a kid basically means that you agreed/signed a pact/took on the responsibility of being ultra aware of even the most mundane things in order to provide adequate safety for your child. You are not allowed to forget that you have a child EVER. You signed up. It's the deal you asked for.

However, when I logged on here and followed the hearing a couple of days ago I was floored. Gross. This guy is a sociopath. I think of him along the same lines as Scott Peterson and Casey Anthony. He thought he was smarter than everyone else and that he would get away with it. He was waaaaaay under the bar for that. I have cried about the horrible stuff he did. I am anti-death penalty, but sometimes even I wish to make exceptions. This might be one of those times.

Oh but he wasn't happy! Passed over for a promotion,
interviewed for another job that he didn't get.

Fortune 50
Roflmao...every time I type that!

The Peter Principle- Ross was promoted to his highest level of incompetence!

I don't understand anything about Mom's reactions. Not one thing she has said/done is in line with a grieving mother, Imo. Usually, even when you think someone is not reacting "right" to a tragedy, there are still one or two things that seem to show grief. But I can't find anything at all from her that does not seem entirely off. I guess it is possible she is an abused wife in a marriage where her husband calls all of the shots, even with regards to her emotions. But it just all seems way, way off.

Also, is it true he actually met up with one of his online/phone "friends"? Is there more on that, if so?

They didn't get into details at the hearing but he met up with at least one of them. The defense attorney kept saying it was a "fantasy life", so it was brought up to prove it went beyond fantasy and was real life, but the judge didn't allow him to get into further detail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro