GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know, but that's interesting. Has any of her other social media suddenly disappeared?

I am hearing the soundtrack from Jaws

sharks are circling

when does social media disappear folks -- think about it......I suspect we'll hear some announcement soon

It's easy to be cynical about Ross but I'm gonna give him a pass for typing 50 since many people his age and under have terrible 'writing' skills using abbrev. etc on the net. I'm betting he was too lazy to correct typographical errors assuming that was the only time he posted 50.

Regarding Harris family as they say they apple didn't fall far from the tree. Mrs. Harris called the judge a SOB immediately after he refused bond. She said it loud enough for reporters to hear. Mr. Harris looked very angry in the courtroom.

I hope the poor wife wises up and has her attorney work out a deal because Ross was taking advantage of her.

I'm not giving him a pass.
Iirc he says it again in another post where he claims he makes 61k

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually, speed limits were higher pretty much everywhere prior to 1973 when the whole 55 mph thing got some traction.

Yeah but we didn't have the interstate system in place back in "my" day, so most travel was done on two-lane roads at slower speeds. (I can remember many a Sunday afternoon spent driving out the interstate to the end of that week's construction just to see how far they'd gotten that week).

The ole momma arm flung across the passenger's been mentioned several times, I see. Heck my son was always in a car seat and yet to this day I still throw out that arm (much to my DIL's chagrin! lol)

How can you back up into a space between 2 cars and not look over both sides of your shoulder? We did learn at least,that his car did not have a backup camera

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

That wasn't your point. You were saying he parked nose out. Which he didn't.

It's easy to be cynical about Ross but I'm gonna give him a pass for typing 50 since many people his age and under have terrible 'writing' skills using abbrev. etc on the net. I'm betting he was too lazy to correct typographical errors assuming that was the only time he posted 50.

Regarding Harris family as they say they apple didn't fall far from the tree. Mrs. Harris called the judge a SOB immediately after he refused bond. She said it loud enough for reporters to hear. Mr. Harris looked very angry in the courtroom.

I hope the poor wife wises up and has her attorney work out a deal because Ross was taking advantage of her.

Just wondering...did you watch the entire hearing yesterday?

Actually, speed limits were higher pretty much everywhere prior to 1973 when the whole 55 mph thing got some traction.

While our cars back then didn't have a lot of the safety gear news ones do, the old cars were good old American steel from one end to the other and weighed a lot more. Driving my '65 Tbird is so much different than a new model sedan. It's so freakin' heavy and seems so much more solid than today's lighter gas mileage lovin cars. I remember riding on the arm rest next to grandma in her oldsmobile back in the 60s. Can you imagine? We never wore seatbelts, they were tucked behind the seats. A wonder any of us survived.

How it was for me
In the 70's once you could walk you were attempting to exit the vehicle with every one else.
Kids didn't get locked down in a car back then. I remember playing with my toys on the floor board in the back seat.
That floor got hot too!
Once we were 7 or 8 we rode in front next to mama when we could and wore a lap belt.
When ever mama slammed on the brakes out came the long arm. Her right arm to slam ya back against the seat.
She still did that when I was 30.
Kids did crawl in trunks and old fridges and die back then, from what I can recall.

My oldest daughter was born in 1973. I had a bucket car seat for her as an infant and then a toddler seat after she turned about one years old. Car seats have been around a long time.

A doctor's granddaughter was killed when she was sitting in her car sear in the front seat. The mother was going five miles an hour in a parking lot when she got hit.

The air bag went off and decapitated the baby. That is why kids sit in the back.

Yeah but we didn't have the interstate system in place back in "my" day, so most travel was done on two-lane roads at slower speeds. (I can remember many a Sunday afternoon spent driving out the interstate to the end of that week's construction just to see how far they'd gotten that week).

The ole momma arm flung across the passenger's been mentioned several times, I see. Heck my son was always in a car seat and yet to this day I still throw out that arm (much to my DIL's chagrin! lol)

I grew up in the tri-state area. Our highways and parkways were fully operational

I hate, hate, hate to stick up for the but there actually are Fortune 50 companies.

Just keeping it real, unfortunately.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fortune_500

The original Fortune 500 was restricted to companies whose revenues were derived from manufacturing, mining, or energy exploration. At the same time, Fortune published companion "Fortune 50" lists of the 50 largest commercial banks (ranked by assets), utilities (ranked by assets), life insurance companies (ranked by assets), retailers (ranked by gross revenues) and transportation companies (ranked by revenues).

My mom says she wrapped her babies in a blanket and stuck them in the wheel well where they'd be safe and not roll around. We were all born in the 60's.

OMG. Remember when gas was so cheap...your family would just "go for a long car ride"????

I remember waiting in long long lines in 70's on some odd / even license plate thing for gas. I enjoyed it. lol

Regarding Harris family as they say the apple didn't fall far from the tree. Mrs. Harris called the judge a SOB immediately after he refused bond. She said it loud enough for reporters to hear. Mr. Harris looked very angry in the courtroom.

what's the issue with fortune 50? -- we all know, don't we, that there's fortune 500 and fortune 50 -- is HD not in the 50? Seems likely that they are?

eta: in 2012, they were number 35.

That wasn't your point. You were saying he parked nose out. Which he didn't.

actually I believe he did ((based on LE testimony)) LE was asked point blank about all of the minutiae involved with JRH parking the car that morning

I could be wrong about this ..... but I do recall him asking the following

so where was the driver's side door of the other vehicle compared to JRH's....detective answered JRH 's drive side door would be adjacent to left car's passenger side door etc etc.

only the grass was on the right side -- nose of vehicle was ''out'' so that when friends dropped him off at lunch time he could just toss lightbulbs in front seat....he also stopped in his tracks as a person was approaching their vehicle ....

While our cars back then didn't have a lot of the safety gear news ones do, the old cars were good old American steel from one end to the other and weighed a lot more. Driving my '65 Tbird is so much different than a new model sedan. It's so freakin' heavy and seems so much more solid than today's lighter gas mileage lovin cars. I remember riding on the arm rest next to grandma in her oldsmobile back in the 60s. Can you imagine? We never wore seatbelts, they were tucked behind the seats. A wonder any of us survived.

I wanna ride in your Tbird!!!

He is still in the infirmary-
http://www.cobbsheriff.org/Inmate/i...te_name=Harris+Justin+&serial=&qry=In+Custody
uzese2ur.jpg

About chic fil a and breakfast, mom had pinned an overnight oatmeal recipe.
If I didn't have a gluten allergy I would eat em up yummy!
Being a dietitian I bet Cooper ate before she left. I think daddy ate junk food.
moo
hytypu6u.jpg

http://www.theyummylife.com/Refrigerator_Oatmeal

I just started making these. Sorry OT! But they are delicious.

I grew up in the tri-state area. Our highways and parkways were fully operational

And I'm guessing by tri-state, you aren't talking about Mississippi, Tennessee, and Arkansas (which would be "my" tri-state, and which would explain why in the mid-60s we didn't have fully functional highways and parkways! :) )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crimecat8