GA - Tara Grinstead, 29, Ocilla, 22 Oct 2005 #1 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I found the missing pageant tape to be interesting. Did Tara simply use that as excuse to leave the party Saturday night so she could meet up with someone? Or could there be an unknown POI who might have had an affiliation with the pageant and was supposed to bring her the tape that evening?

I've watched the recent clips from Greta's show regarding Tara's disappearance. And I've posted some thoughts on here before. But something new occurred to me in watching those clips . . .

It seems to me that if Tara did have like 6 different guys orbiting her and wanting her attention, sooner or later she might have ticked off a couple of the women in these men's lives. At some point when all of the known men in her life have been excluded, I think it's time to start looking at the women. And I'm not just talking about the women who were involved with the men.

The pageant circuit is notoriously clique-ish, vicious, and cut-throat with women doing all sorts of things to torpedo other women's chances. Well, Tara was a part of that. Could it be she ticked off the wrong woman within the pageant world? Maybe the police have already looked at that possibility but it's come to the point in this where the cops have to start looking outside the box of boyfriends and lovers.

If you believe the DNA on the latex glove, then that's a male DNA profile

If you believe the DNA on the latex glove, then that's a male DNA profile

Didn't they also find a fingerprint? Don't know about everybody else, but my fingerprint is on the back of my driver's license. So.....does this mean whoever is responsible for her disappearance, does not have a driver's license?

To my knowledge Georgia does not require fingerprinting to obtain a driver's license.

To my knowledge Georgia does not require fingerprinting to obtain a driver's license.

Not to obtain one, but is required to renew one. I did mine in 2003. DH did his in 2004. All 3 of my children, all over the age of 30, have it on theirs. Snipped from DMV's website. WHEN TO RENEW YOUR DRIVER'S LICENSE
1. Sixty days prior to your license expiration date, which is typically your birthday, Georgia Department of Driver Services (DDS) will send you a renewal application. You will receive the renewal application if DDS has your digital signature, photograph and fingerprint on file. In addition, your driving record must be clear of any suspensions, cancellations or revocations.

I wasn't aware you needed to be fingerprinted to obtain a drivers license.

So...we know that they have searched the pond off of Satila street in Fitzgerald most recently. We also know that they found something, but have no idea what exactly they would have found. The only things that we think she took with her were her keys and purse right? Is it safe to assume these could be what was found?, and do any of the perps identified have any connection to this property? Looking on google earth it appears as though there is a house on the property. Could we finally be getting somewhere? This case has been bothering me since Greta reported on it originally. It seems to be a lot like the Natalee Holloway case in that we may never actually know what really happened.

I watched the Disappeared episode on her yesterday. I believe that whoever took her is known to her and others. I don't think this is random at all.

You don't. I don't. I don't know anyone who has their fingerprints on their license.

http://www.reportingforhire.com/2009/04/whatever-happened-to-states-drivers.html

"What happened to Georgia's drivers license fingerprint database?
Remember about a decade ago when you had to have your fingerprints scanned to get a Georgia driver's license? At some during the legislative session I wondered what happened to the actual data.

According to the Georgia Department of Driver Services, it was destroyed "following the enactment of O.C.G.A. §40-5-2(k)(1) during the 2005 Legislative Session.""

They issue secured licenses that are supposed to be part of TSA security thing to help you get through the airport quicker but they are not required on the regular license.

Sundrop, If I remember correctly you live in the area as stated in previous posts. What is the feeling locally? Does it seem like GBI is turning the heat up on the investigation at this point? What was found in the pond? They are never going to figure this out with the tight lipped investigation they are running. It is time to put some info out there and see if someone can put a perp in the right place at the right time. All they need is someone to corroborate a sighting of one of the suspects by the pond etc.

http://www.reportingforhire.com/2009/04/whatever-happened-to-states-drivers.html

"What happened to Georgia's drivers license fingerprint database?
Remember about a decade ago when you had to have your fingerprints scanned to get a Georgia driver's license? At some during the legislative session I wondered what happened to the actual data.

According to the Georgia Department of Driver Services, it was destroyed "following the enactment of O.C.G.A. §40-5-2(k)(1) during the 2005 Legislative Session.""

They issue secured licenses that are supposed to be part of TSA security thing to help you get through the airport quicker but they are not required on the regular license.

I've been driving in Georgia for 44 years, and have never had fingerprints on my license. I've never had my fingerprints scanned to get a license.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member