GA - Theresa Parker, 41, Lafayette, 21 March 2007 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My husband said that on the news tonight (Channel 9, for locals) they were reporting that her husband had been committed briefly in a psych facility a few years ago because he had threatened to handcuff himself to Theresa and shoot himself with his service pistol. I didn't hear the report myself, but Hub is usually pretty accurate.

My husband said that on the news tonight (Channel 9, for locals) they were reporting that her husband had been committed briefly in a psych facility a few years ago because he had threatened to handcuff himself to Theresa and shoot himself with his service pistol. I didn't hear the report myself, but Hub is usually pretty accurate.

My husband heard the same story-they were in FL in 2005 and got into a fight, he was firing his service weapon out the car window and when police arrived he told them he planned to "Shoot himself while handcuffed to this bi#ch." He was committed in a psychiatric facility for 9 days-THEN returned to GA and was allowed to continue working as a police officer! His patrol car has been impounded by the GBI....

Shannon

My husband heard the same story-they were in FL in 2005 and got into a fight, he was firing his service weapon out the car window and when police arrived he told them he planned to "Shoot himself while handcuffed to this bi#ch." He was committed in a psychiatric facility for 9 days-THEN returned to GA and was allowed to continue working as a police officer! His patrol car has been impounded by the GBI....

Shannon

Interesting! TY!

Shannon

Wow! It seems Walker County LE better have some darn good reasons for allowing him to continue to work as an officer.Clearly, if this report is true he had some serious psychiatric issues.

I've been searching for information but Websleuths appears to be the only place that has info on this. How could they allow this man to carry a gun after an episode like this? He certainly did not get 'well' mentally in nine days. Are they searching actively for her or could they be watching her husband and his movements? This is so sad - she probably dropped her guard down thinking all would go well with this divorce. When he was sure she was trusting and willing to accompany him to the bank, etc., he probably surprised her. I'm hoping not but this sounds so sad. Her family must be out of their minds with worry. :(

I missed this article earlier, sorry. She had plans and plans that I don't think she would miss on purpose. I think they are building a case and continuing to search for Theresa.

~snip~

The couple bought and put a double-wide trailer on about an acre given to Theresa by Caruthers, who said that with the pending divorce Theresa had agreed to sell Sam her interest in the land and the trailer home.

“They were supposed to close the deal at the bank on Friday (March 23) but of course she wasn’t around,” Caruthers said.
According to her cousin Nancy Robinson, another situation that adds to the list of important things Theresa was scheduled to attend to last week was the delivery of a new washer and dryer at the apartment she was moving to in Fort Oglethorpe.

~snip~

Caruthers said she asked Sam why he hadn’t reported Theresa missing after 24 hours, to which he responded that he didn’t think much of it because Theresa often liked to take off on little trips every once in a while.
“I said he should’ve thought it strange because she was in the middle of packing and moving,” she said, noting that Theresa had reserved a rental truck in Chickamauga for moving Saturday. “Now he hasn’t called anyone in her family to ask how they’re doing or if they need anything.”

more at link
http://news.mywebpal.com/news_tool_...&pnpID=730&NewsID=793817&CategoryID=3511&on=1

CTV Crime Library has an article. Due to "all rights reserved" copyright I don't think I can post a snippet so rather than step in it here's the link

Sheriff Wilson was asked when it might turn from a missing person case to a homocide case and his answer was that there's no timeline you just take all the factors in consideration to make that decision. He was quoted as saying he was very disturbed and he had a bad feeling.

There's just nothing out there that's encouraging. I did read that the husband was cooperative and allowed searches of his home, his parents house, the vehicles and gave statements to the GBI. I can understand why he would not be active in the search cause its a no no. No pleas for her safe return??

This is not looking good, but there's a part of me that thinks surely a cop is not stupid enough to kill his wife and go fishing. Right? In the middle of a divorce? Am I grasping at straws?

Yes, Some are so arrogant as to think they would not get caught. She didn't need to just disappear she was divorcing him family obviously backing her and she has friends. This I fear will not have a good ending if one at all.

This is not looking good, but there's a part of me that thinks surely a cop is not stupid enough to kill his wife and go fishing. Right? In the middle of a divorce? Am I grasping at straws?

Yes, Some are so arrogant as to think they would not get caught. She didn't need to just disappear she was divorcing him family obviously backing her and she has friends. This I fear will not have a good ending if one at all.

I am grasping at the same straws. Although I still think it sounds bad for Theresa, there is a little part of me that thinks this would be a way for someone to really screw with this guy's life. Either her, someone working with her, or someone who hurt her and hates him.

CTV Crime Library has an article. Due to "all rights reserved" copyright I don't think I can post a snippet so rather than step in it here's the link

Sheriff Wilson was asked when it might turn from a missing person case to a homocide case and his answer was that there's no timeline you just take all the factors in consideration to make that decision. He was quoted as saying he was very disturbed and he had a bad feeling.

There's just nothing out there that's encouraging. I did read that the husband was cooperative and allowed searches of his home, his parents house, the vehicles and gave statements to the GBI. I can understand why he would not be active in the search cause its a no no. No pleas for her safe return??

I wonder if he was on duty when they were supposed to meet at the bank and he picked her up in his patrol car? There is a reason why he didn't have a problem in letting them check out his home, vehicle, etc. But they have taken his patrol car in to check it out. That would be my guess.

That's a nice article about Sam and the fishing trip. Does nothing to ease my mind though.

Slack said he knew the couple had their problems, but didn't suspect violence was ever an issue.

Maybe he just doesn't equate several domestic violence calls as violence.

What a wonderful alibi witness.

According to this article, Theresa's husband was fishing with a friend, a local attorney, on Thursday. This friend says he would be "shocked" if Sam Parker were involved with Theresa's disappearance.

http://news.mywebpal.com/news_tool_...ID=794812&CategoryID=3418&show=localnews&om=0

Clipped from the article:
Oh, and before leaving the water, Slack let the fish go. "I turned her loose. She needs to go make babies," he said.

Darn the luck!
Anyone with a faster computer than mine want to volunteer to check out the attorney's background for illicit sex or drugs? Good ole' Sam Parker just might know something about Slack that he could use as a threat to coerce Slack's assistance in covering up an "accident". Just my own speculation, of course.

Susan

Contrary to what is written, the two oldest motives ... love and money always pop up.

http://news.mywebpal.com/news_tool_...ID=794812&CategoryID=3418&show=localnews&om=0

"The attorney said Sam had no motive harm to his wife. The death of Sam’s mother a year ago and his father within the last month had left him with no financial worries. The terms of divorce had been established, the property had been divided and the papers were reportedly ready to be filed any day."

<..."and his father within the last month...">

Maybe she wanted part of his inheritance and wanted her settlement papers changed to reflect his new wealth?

love and money ... a deadly combination.

Authorities have so far conducted more than 100 interviews as of Thursday and are seeking any available information, Harris said. "We've subpoenaed, court ordered or search warranted anything and everything we could possibly get," he said. "Anything about banks, phones, you name it and we've got it coming in."

GBI intelligence analyst Yolanda Allison was brought in Thursday to make that information useful, doing everything from "getting information to doing timelines for us to analyzing records to you name it," Harris said.

"The intel analyst will be able to compile all this information, all these records, and put them in a readable form," Wilson said. "That way we can look at it and see what we've done and (what we need to do)."

http://www1.romenews-tribune.com/soundoff/blog/649

Looks like they are doing all they can at this point. It's encouraging that nothing has been found to lead them to think she's not alive although they haven't found anything to lead them to think she is alive. So I guess its no news is good news at this point. I just think that she'd contact someone if all was well.

Area South Of LaFayette Is The Focus

A new ground search for missing Walker County 911 dispatcher Theresa Parker will be conducted on Saturday, Walker County Sheriff Steve Wilson said.

Volunteers familiar with south Walker County are welcome and are asked to assemble no later than 9 a.m. at Walker County Fire Station #15 located at 18 Old Lee School Road at the intersection with Highway 27.
http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_104574.asp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member