GA - Theresa Parker, 41, Lafayette, 21 March 2007 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The family of a missing Walker County woman said Theresa Parker's husband was lying about her disappearance. Parker has been missing for two months, and her husband Sam, told FOX 5 News that Parker was still alive and that he may know where she is.

http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/myfox/p...n=2&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=1.1.1

Video: Family of Missing Dispatcher Says Husband is Lying

Link to video at above link

What prompted Sam to do the interview is the same thing that prompted him to kill his wife... the mighty dollar.

LE stripped him clean. Heck, Sam does not even have a movie card anymore.
The donut shop quit serving him freebees.

FOX pressed the greenbacks on him and he flipped. Which by the way, brings me to another idea...

How could SP be tricked into giving away the gravesite location in exchange for a huge sum of cold hard cash? I know that would work. Perhaps not the most ethical situation I can think of, but so what?

Then, just doublecross his *advertiser censored* to jail. hummmmmmmmmmmm.

otoh

Ok, now that we know Theresa is on holiday in Mexico...

By the way, from MeAgnL8Agn's repost of nrthgamom's post concerning Christina calling in to a radio show, this:

The deputy did and this is what she said, "the deputy went by the house around 6:00a.m. and found Sam Parker's truck in the driveway, but Theresa's car was not there. An hour or two later the deputy went back by the house and found Theresa's car in the driveway and Sam's truck was gone".

If a deputy did that, that is a direct confirmation of Parker's lies. Parker said he went there at 6 in the morning to get his truck and/or boat and/or boat motor, although I think all was said was to get a motor, but since then more about towing the boat and everything else, but in any event, he said he went there at 6 am and he thought Theresa was in her bedroom asleep, so he didn't disturb her.

On the other hand, it was not that much longer after that that he took the boat over to his lawyer friend's to go fishing. If he was out in Theresa's car he would have had to arrive back not long after the deputy had driven by at 6 am, but without Theresa. If she was sleeping, she was sleeping with the fishes.

I am very doubtful that her last cell phone signals indicate where she is. The implication is that Parker would pack up her personal items, including an overnight bag, and drive off somewhere with her, leaving the cell phone on, and dumping the items with her but at some point turning the cell phone off.

This I doubt very much.

We don't have the exact time of the last call signals or whether pings to cell phone towers were tracked, but given that I doubt that Theresa's cell phone was left on as she was driven somewhere to be hidden, what else could have happened?

There is an indication the cell phone was taken south of Theresa's home, into a very rural area. The area is so rural cell phone signals can only be pinpointed to within 40 square miles.

That's bad enough.

But what is someone reasonably knowledgeable about the area and how cell phone records are used in police investigations, perhaps even knowing that the area south of their home can not pinpoint cell phone signals, going to do to make it difficult to find Theresa?

Drive some distance south, perhaps even where he hid Theresa, realize the cell phone was on and turn it off? No.

Drive some distance south, knowing that that alone makes for a large area of 40 square miles to search, and turn the cell phone off before he hides Theresa? No.

Drive somewhere else to hide Theresa, then head south with the cell phone to indicate she was in that direction? No, the cell phone's signals possibly could have been tracked prior to heading south, indicating areas where she might be. If the cell phone was turned off and back on that's possible, but no mention of that. In any event, it makes for questions. Basically, no.

Drive south and pitch the cell phone, then drive somewhere else to hide Theresa. Yes. This is a very misleading act. It's the most practical way to throw investigators off. Drive south some distance, turn the cell phone off, and pitch it into some water, the deeper the better.

Then turn around and drive somewhere else, someplace that if she's found it can blamed on "the other guy", a guy she has started dating, someone he hates very much.

Problem is, south is to his father's house where he was staying, and there is no water on the drive down the highway through what looks like very hilly country. It is that rural area between Theresa's house and his father's house that apparently is the 40 square miles of non-locatable cell phone service.

Being spotted on that drive would just be routine. He made the trip back and forth all the time. But if she's found, it's his backyard, so to speak.

So I wouldn't be surprised if Theresa's cell phone is in the lake where he went fishing immediately afterward. The deeper, the better. Of course, he wouldn't want the lawyer friend see him drop it in the water.

As for Theresa, he would not want to have been driving her car down the highway south toward his house. Anyone seeing her car would point suspicion directly at him. He'd drive it somewhere where it would not be surprising for Theresa's car to be seen, and if seen headed to her house from Ft. Oglethorpe in the morning for example, then there's that "she's running around again, and this time didn't make it home."

Going north to Ft. Oglethorpe runs by Queen City Lake with a couple of roads crossing the water. Was Queen City Lake checked out?

Then there is a large section of Chickamauga National Forest just below Ft. Oglethorpe that one drives through to get to Ft. Oglethorpe. If there is a rural area where she is hidden, I would think it would be there where suspicion can be cast on "the other guy".

That would be his mindset, not down toward where he was staying, pointing directly at him.

rd

I had to watch the interview one more time. There is no way that man is telling the truth. He not only acts guilty, he acts plain weird.

I had to watch the interview one more time. There is no way that man is telling the truth. He not only acts guilty, he acts plain weird.

I agree Philamena.

I have to say that when I was watching the video, I wondered what his mannerisms were normally like.

My immediate thought was that he has NO mannerisms, self-carriage, etc. that remind me of ANY police sergeant I have ever known! I was trying to picture this man in a command type situation, and you'd think after 20 years of LE, it would be pretty normal for him. I work in LE, and how can I say this - you can just "tell" a lot of the time who is an officer and who is not. Certainly, in off-duty life there are times when you can be more of yourself, but under stressful/uncomfortable situations...one will revert back to their training that has been instilled. Obviously, he was LE for 20+ yrs, but his behavior didn't indicate it.

I'd LOVE to know what his personality, mannerisms, etc. were like when he was a Sgt. Was he truly just a good ol' boy, not really a professional type officer?
JMO.

rd. this clip is from the 3/30/07 story in the WALKER COUNTY MESSENGER

uthorities are now searching for missing 911 dispatcher Theresa Parker behind closed doors, Walker County Sheriff Steve Wilson said Thursday morning.
Parker, 41, was reported missing by her mother on Saturday. The last publicly-acknowledged contact with her family was with her sister on the night of Wednesday, March 21.
Investigators said they used a global positioning satellite to locate Parker’s cell phone and know the last number dialed,

From another source, same day:

Authorities have not recovered Parker’s cell phone as has been reported, but they have used global positioning satellites to determine when and in what vicinity it was used last. Harris said he could not reveal that information during an ongoing investigation. Harris said phone records could play a major role in the investigation and could not release any phone-related specifics at this time.

And another

Thursday, investigators announced they had used a GPS satellite to locate Theresa's cell phone and have found out the last number she dialed, but they would not provide any more details.

And from Nancy Grace

WILSON: Well, the pocketbook and the cell phone have not been located. I wanted to clear that up. Some of the news agencies had reported the cell phone had been located. But what we have done is, we have -- with the technology that`s available today from the wireless providers, we have been able to track the actual cell phone to the last time it was used. And we have a general area that we`re going to be looking at tomorrow. We have a massive search that`s going to come under way tomorrow. We`re hoping that that search, which will cover approximately 40 square miles, will, you know, at least give us some hope, some leads to finding Theresa.

GRACE: You know, that`s an interesting question, Sheriff. With the process of triangulation, I thought you could pinpoint it down to a couple of blocks where the last call was made.

WILSON: Well, we -- the technology is there. I know that it is there, but in this particular -- with this service provider, in this area that we are looking at, we are being told that they can give us a general area but they cannot bring it down to that city block that we surely hoped for.

GRACE: Now, why is that, Sheriff? If the technology`s there, why can`t they do it?

WILSON: Well, that`s something you would have to ask that wireless -- that particular wireless provider. I do not know the answer to that.

GRACE: What about it, Detective Lieutenant Steve Rogers? It can, and we have seen it, hone in on a cell phone call within a couple of blocks. I know that for a fact.

ROGERS
: Oh, yes. Sure, it`s a fact. We`ve had that with our own police department triangulating through Internet service providers or cell phone providers, the exact location. Perhaps in the sheriff`s locality, there are not enough cell phone towers...

I wish to note that Investigators said they used a global positioning satellite to locate Parker’s cell phone. Now, believe me, there is a big difference between a “global positioning satellite” and a couple of “widely spaced, out of date cell tower pings”.
Sometimes it’s a cell tower, some times its GPS and the sheriff says “ask the phone co.”
Also, is the inference here that the last number dialed and the referenced location are one and the same?

Another something I came across upon re-reading past News Paper Stories:

But Sam has earned her suspicion ( TP’s mother) because he hasn’t contributed to the search efforts. “He came by here Saturday evening before his work shift,” the mother said. “He came in crying and saying, ‘What happened? We were going to part as friends.’”

Ok, this occurred the same Saturday that Theresa’s mother called the sheriff to make the report. So, 12 hours after TPs mom alerts the sheriff, SP is already bawling and speaking in past tense.

Now, about the fishing trip. Slack, delighted the newly received fortune of a clear schedule the following day calls two other people to go fishing before taking his third option, SAM. So, its like, “Hey Sam, I tried Joe and Frank and neither one of them could accommodate me. How about come pick me up tomorrow and take me fishing. Don’t forget to bring your boat. And, remember the trolling motor also”.

“I thought, what am I going to do?” Slack said. “I've got a free day and the weather is good. I've got to go fishing[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
After calling two other friends who couldn't go fishing with him, he caught up with Sam. [FONT=&quot][/FONT]
Sam picked Slack up that morning, with a small boat in the back of his truck ready to fish – and apparently with no knowledge of the missing person story that was unfolding, the story of his wife.

otho
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

~snip~

FBI spokesman Steven Emmitt at the Atlanta office would only confirm that the warrant was executed today at Parker's home.

Emmitt said if there had been any significant developments today, his office would have put out a news release.

http://wdef.com/node/5404

Black plastic blocks out light from garage in apparent search for traces of blood

~snip~

NewsChannel 9 was on the scene today as GBI agents covered Parker's garage with sheets of black plastic in an effort to block all traces of outside light. They are believed to be doing a more intensive search for traces of blood. Agents were at Parker's house for six hours Friday. This search, planned well in advance, is at least the fourth time agents have searched the home.

http://www.newschannel9.com/articles/parker_12584___article.html/agents_search.html

Agents removed several bags of items, swept the living room and focused on the garage.

The FBI's Evidence Response Team draped black plastic over the garage to block out all light.

They searched for any traces of blood.

Our investigation showed back in late March, they found blood in Theresa Parker's Toyota Forerunner.

An agent's testimony for the March search warrant reads quote "There were drops of blood found where the latch of the back hatch of the forerunner meets the body, down in the dip or well that is in the body where the hatch latches.

http://www.newschannel9.com/articles/parker_12590___article.html/search_theresa.html

Sam Parker, estranged husband of missing Walker County 911 dispatcher Theresa Parker, confirmed he has hired an attorney.

He let the Chattanooga Times Free Press know when he cited the strict advice of his lawyer in canceling an interview he had scheduled with the newspaper for noon Friday.

Mr. Parker spoke out this week for the first time since his wife disappeared March 21, giving an interview to Atlanta TV's Fox 5 News, and he scheduled an interview with the Times Free Press.

Carolyn Wooten, Mr. Parker's sister and a frequent spokesperson for him, said they were not revealing who Mr. Parker's attorney is, but she said he is not local.

http://www.timesfreepress.com/absolutenm/templates/local.aspx?articleid=15921&zoneid=77

I agree Philamena.

I have to say that when I was watching the video, I wondered what his mannerisms were normally like.

My immediate thought was that he has NO mannerisms, self-carriage, etc. that remind me of ANY police sergeant I have ever known! I was trying to picture this man in a command type situation, and you'd think after 20 years of LE, it would be pretty normal for him. I work in LE, and how can I say this - you can just "tell" a lot of the time who is an officer and who is not. Certainly, in off-duty life there are times when you can be more of yourself, but under stressful/uncomfortable situations...one will revert back to their training that has been instilled. Obviously, he was LE for 20+ yrs, but his behavior didn't indicate it.

I'd LOVE to know what his personality, mannerisms, etc. were like when he was a Sgt. Was he truly just a good ol' boy, not really a professional type officer?
JMO.
DEPUTYDAWG,
Yes! That's it. He didn't act like a LE officer at all. What was that thing he was doing with his hands? Honestly, he gave me the creeps.

Thanks for all the new news articles.
Sounds like the police dept is taking a closer look at Sam. All I can say is GOOD.

I wonder if he really hired a lawyer this time - he claimed that he had in the beginning. He quit talking and told Sheriff Wilson he had hired a lawyer and his lawyer told him not to talk but Wilson said he didn't know who the attorney was. Sam never never would tell who it was though and no lawyer ever came forward with a statement or to the police. Wonder if this is another hoax b/c he knows he needs to shut up or if he really did hire a lawyer now.....looks like he needs one.

;) I heard his new lawyer is the not so honorable I.M. Plode. He practices with the firm of Shee, Ecks, and Plode.;)

Susan

Sam does not need a lawyer, he needs an agent.

See, Sam should place about a dozen live web cams in and about his Ruby Ridged, Waconion Compound. Then,as he wanders about from room to room, doing, you know, nothing, he could ramble on with his thoughts and easily charge people $5.00 a day to tune in. For just a little more, and during prime time, he could field questions from the curious public.

If someone could get Sam to finally break down and reveal TPs whereabouts, they would split the reward money with Sam.

Ill just bet ole Sam the Ham would go for it. He has nothing to hide and he's about to find out that Lawyers are overpriced and they think they have to do all the talking anyway.

Unhealthy if you ask me. Sam needs an agent that will let him yak! If he is forced to keep his mouth shut, all those lies will build up inside his head and sooner or later that head will IMPLODE! Messy.

Guilty party + stuffy lawyer = silent X

"Give em enough rope and they'll hang themselves"

OTOH

“Volunteers familiar with the Ridgeway community in south Walker County are welcomed and are asked to assemble no later than 8 a.m.,” Wilson said.

Volunteers are asked to assemble at Ridgeway Baptist Church at 1594 Ridgeway Road in LaFayette. They will be searching through rough terrain with dense vegetation and are encouraged to wear appropriate clothing, he said.

http://news.mywebpal.com/news_tool_...&pnpID=730&NewsID=810615&CategoryID=3511&on=1

Sam Parker, estranged husband of missing Walker County 911 dispatcher Theresa Parker, confirmed he has hired an attorney.

He let the Chattanooga Times Free Press know when he cited the strict advice of his lawyer in canceling an interview he had scheduled with the newspaper for noon Friday.

Mr. Parker spoke out this week for the first time since his wife disappeared March 21, giving an interview to Atlanta TV's Fox 5 News, and he scheduled an interview with the Times Free Press.

Carolyn Wooten, Mr. Parker's sister and a frequent spokesperson for him, said they were not revealing who Mr. Parker's attorney is, but she said he is not local.

http://www.timesfreepress.com/absolutenm/templates/local.aspx?articleid=15921&zoneid=77

:waves: A thousand thanks for all the updates chicoliving. Haven't had much free time to keep up with this and other cases but I **knew** you'd be keeping us up to date, on the "latest".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member