Found Deceased GA - Timothy Cunningham, 35, Chamblee, 12 Feb 2018 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Here's a HLN interview with his parents: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qz94ExH8psA

Thank you both for finding these interviews. Really appreciate it. However, neither of them are the one I referenced in my prior post.

I watched both of these and though Timothy's father states in the first one that there were things Timothy said that concerned him, he did not specifically mention Timothy being confused like he did in the one I had quoted.

If anyone can find that one as well, I would so appreciate it too...

Seems like everyone who knows Tim, his parents and now this CDC official, are pleading for him to come home. As if he can voluntarily return.

Regardless of voluntary or involuntary, Tim is still a missing person because:

A. He disappeared.
B. His status as alive or dead cannot be confirmed.
C. His location and fate are not known.

The issue is that it seems that all the family media opps are being used to persuade Tim to come home vs. giving the public information to help find him. And now we have this official's statement that basically paints a gleaming picture of Tim and also talks about him coming home, but skips over clarifying he was denied a job application vs. a job promotion.

Seems that the public is left to solve a greater mystery around the details of the case vs. solving the mystery of where Tim is. Why is that, and do y'all think it's intentional?

As a SN: I wonder if a voluntarily missing person gets the same effort from LE as an involuntarily missing person? I'm thinking of the difference in approach and attitude that exists in LE with runaway children vs kidnapped children.

Seems like everyone who knows Tim, his parents and now this CDC official, are pleading for him to come home. As if he can voluntarily return.

A. He disappeared.

The issue is that it seems that all the family media opps are being used to persuade Tim to come home vs. giving the public information to help find him. And now we have this official's statement that basically paints a gleaming picture of Tim and also talks about him coming home, but skips over clarifying he was denied a job application vs. a job promotion.

Seems that the public is left to solve a greater mystery around the details of the case vs. solving the mystery of where Tim is. Why is that, and do y'all think it's intentional?

As a SN: I wonder if a voluntarily missing person gets the same effort from LE as an involuntarily missing person? I'm thinking of the difference in approach and attitude that exists in LE with runaway children vs kidnapped children.

Great questions. I wish there were something (anything) else to go on, because otherwise, rampant speculation is going to continue. I tend to lean toward him leaving on his own, because that’s the vibe I get from everything that has been released. There’s just no other real evidence.

I do feel for his parents, because they are in such a tough spot. Maybe they do feel like his case will get less attention if it’s seen as voluntary? Maybe they haven’t come to terms with that being a possibility?

<modsnip>
I didn't discuss anyone. I think others did. I don't know who they were talking about.

Anyway, last night I was saying that I haven't ruled out him being in a relationship. There are people who have solid, loving relationships, and don't share online. I'm one of them. There's not much viewable to the public on my Facebook, but even to my Facebook friends, I appear to be single if one was searching.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I didn't discuss anyone. I think others did. I don't know who they were talking about.

Anyway, last night I was saying that I haven't ruled out him being in a relationship. There are people who have solid, loving relationships, and don't share online. I'm one of them. There's not much viewable to the public on my Facebook, but even to my Facebook friends, I appear to be single if one was searching.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

You hit the nail on the head with your statement, "I think others did."

In theory, there's nothing wrong with wondering if Tim had a girlfriend. However, since we have not heard mention of a girlfriend in MSM or frrom Tim's family, some members decided to sleuth Tim's friends and family's social media and bring it here.

That is a TOS violation.

The alerts were going crazy in this thread.

Discussion of the idea that Tim might have a girlfriend is okay, but it is NOT okay to start sleuthing random people.

I hope that helps clear up the issue.

:tyou:

This interview breaks my heart for the parents. Also, to pull out some noteworthy aspects (we've, more or less, discussed these here -- but seeing this video again is a good reminder):

-Dad states there were (leading up to Timothy's disappearance) "unusual" texts and phone conversations with him.
-Dad states quite clearly that Timothy had both personal and work "issues" (which I think we can agree means stressors) prior to his disappearance.
-Mom says, "Really praying something will JOG HIS MIND -- in whatever STATE HE'S IN, he'll come back to us." (I put caps on for emphasis -- Timothy's mother was not yelling).
-Dad says, "NOTHING ever stops the love of a parent." (caps mine again).

A. He disappeared.

This summarized the entire situation perfectly. I think the family is holding back details as they are being instructed by LE. The information that is being held back will help to piece together the story, but I guess because it’s an open investigation that’s this case is convoluted and confusing. My cousin who lives in the Atlanta area told me last night that the story hit the 10pm news several times in Atlanta but has pretty much faded. His guess is there isn’t much interest in someone who pretty much had it all and “walked away”. He also said a lot of people feel that the family needs to up the reward money a bit if they are serious. I guess the way the case has been presented that the locals are not taking it seriously.

This interview breaks my heart for the parents. Also, to pull out some noteworthy aspects (we've, more or less, discussed these here -- but seeing this video again is a good reminder):

-Dad states there were (leading up to Timothy's disappearance) "unusual" texts and phone conversations with him.
-Dad states quite clearly that Timothy had both personal and work "issues" (which I think we can agree means stressors) prior to his disappearance.
-Mom says, "Really praying something will JOG HIS MIND -- in whatever STATE HE'S IN, he'll come back to us." (I put caps on for emphasis -- Timothy's mother was not yelling).
-Dad says, "NOTHING ever stops the love of a parent." (caps mine again).

Many people including myself have concluded the issues were a mental breakdown or depression, but maybe Tim was a closet alcoholic or addicted to pain meds??? One never knows. It’s not uncommon for highly successful people to have coping mechanisms that sometimes take control in a bad way.

This summarized the entire situation perfectly. I think the family is holding back details as they are being instructed by LE. The information that is being held back will help to piece together the story, but I guess because it’s an open investigation that’s this case is convoluted and confusing. My cousin who lives in the Atlanta area told me last night that the story hit the 10pm news several times in Atlanta but has pretty much faded. His guess is there isn’t much interest in someone who pretty much had it all and “walked away”. He also said a lot of people feel that the family needs to up the reward money a bit if they are serious. I guess the way the case has been presented that the locals are not taking it seriously.

His story has been on the news constantly in Atlanta, especially on Fox-5 which is arguably the most viewed channel in the Atlanta area. They show a clip during all their news hours (noon, 5 pm, 6 pm, 10 pm...) as well as during their Good Day atlanta segments in the morning. I also see 11 Alive and Channel 2 play segments often (although not as frequently as Fox-5 who make a point to play the clip every hour). They've skipped a few days when there was a lot of local news like the water main break that affected everyone in Atlanta, but for the last month they have done a great job at keeping his story out there. The local news hosts also tweet about him often.

His story has been on the news constantly in Atlanta, especially on Fox-5 which is arguably the most viewed channel in the Atlanta area. They show a clip during all their news hours (noon, 5 pm, 6 pm, 10 pm...) as well as during their Good Day atlanta segments in the morning. I also see 11 Alive and Channel 2 play segments often (although not as frequently as Fox-5 who make a point to play the clip every hour). They've skipped a few days when there was a lot of local news like the water main break that affected everyone in Atlanta, but for the last month they have done a great job at keeping his story out there. The local news hosts also tweet about him often.

I should have been a little bit more clear. It’s bren in the news but locally the “interest” amongst the case is fading. IMO, that is to be expected particularly when a case drags into months and there are little to no leads. At this point I pray he is found soon because once a case drags into months depending on the circumstances the case goes on the back burner. I wonder if he returns safe & unharmed how the public will perceive this case.

Question about this: if you are referencing the appearance of others on the social media of the victim, is that considered “sleuthing” friends? Some of those posts were clear-cut TOS violations, others were interesting and I thought they would remain.

Thank you!

I live in Atlanta, and often I hear a news story begin with, "Local authorities need your help finding...", and then there's a barrage of details that would help locate said person, but this case is different. I don't know where he was seen last (maybe there's footage of him leaving the CDC, maybe not), what he was wearing (work uniform?), who saw him last (with today's CDC official report, we don't even know he was there the day he went missing or if there was a meeting at all). The only thing we know with certainty is he's missing and left his items and dog behind. BUT, there's no evidence of foul play.

What are we to do with that?

Question about this: if you are referencing the appearance of others on the social media of the victim, is that considered &#8220;sleuthing&#8221; friends? Some of those posts were clear-cut TOS violations, others were interesting and I thought they would remain.

Yes, that is considered sleuthing friends. If something can't be linked here within TOS, then it isn't allowed here. If you have other questions, please message me directly and I'll be happy to help.

Thank you!

I live in Atlanta, and often I hear a news story begin with, "Local authorities need your help finding...", and then there's a barrage of details that would help locate said person, but this case is different. I don't know where he was seen last (maybe there's footage of him leaving the CDC, maybe not), what he was wearing (work uniform?), who saw him last (with today's CDC official report, we don't even know he was there the day he went missing or if there was a meeting at all). The only thing we know with certainty is he's missing and left his items and dog behind. BUT, there's no evidence of foul play.

He swiped out of CDC and his car and badge were at home. He was seen at campus that morning by multiple coworkers. Clearly that meeting was about the *job* he didn’t get (note how I didn’t say promotion). I think it’s reasonable to say he got home after work and disappeared from that area. Even if he didn’t, it’s helpful for people to just know what he looks like so if they saw (or see) anything they can call authorities...

I’m sure during the days prior to TC’s disappearance that he crossed paths with friends, family, neighbors and strangers. I say this to stress that someone saw something and knows something. It’s virtually impossible to remain undetected unless you literally live under a rock. Either people are not speaking up for fear of their lives or LE is keeping those details out of the media.

I should have been a little bit more clear. It’s bren in the news but locally the “interest” amongst the case is fading. IMO, that is to be expected particularly when a case drags into months and there are little to no leads. At this point I pray he is found soon because once a case drags into months depending on the circumstances the case goes on the back burner. I wonder if he returns safe & unharmed how the public will perceive this case.

Another thing my cousin from Atlanta mentioned is the family keeps using the word “returned” which implies or could be interpreted as a kidnapping, but there has been no mentions of a ransom note. Everything is so open ended about this case and I don’t think it’s helping at all.

Thank you!

Do you think LE and the family is withholding information that could help find him? What would be their motivation?

I do think there is more to the “personal and professional” issues, but I can understand not wanting to air his dirty laundry, in case he does come back. And honestly, if we knew more about his issues, I’m not really sure it would be helpful in finding him. I assume they (LE and family) are trying to balance providing helpful info without violating his privacy.

The dog!
Did TC leave extra food and water for the dog? (if he knew the dog may be alone until it was 'discovered' home alone)
The dog would have relieved itself, once, twice, many times giving clues as to how long it was alone.
Was there a pet door?
I heard someone mention on a radio show last night in passing two windows were left open, maybe upstairs.
What was the weather? Was it open window weather, would the dog have barked for attention once it realized he was alone too long?

I always leave extra food and water for my dog even if I'm going out for a short time just in case I break-down, or worse. I feel TC would have made extra provisions for his dog had he intended to leave for good.

Just questions I have based on my observations as a dog owner.
Thanks

The dog!
Did TC leave extra food and water for the dog? (if he knew the dog may be alone until it was 'discovered' home alone)
The dog would have relieved itself, once, twice, many times giving clues as to how long it was alone.
Was there a pet door?
I heard someone mention on a radio show last night in passing two windows were left open, maybe upstairs.
What was the weather? Was it open window weather, would the dog have barked for attention once it realized he was alone too long?

I always leave extra food and water for my dog even if I'm going out for a short time just in case I break-down, or worse. I feel TC would have made extra provisions for his dog had he intended to leave for good.

Just questions I have based on my observations as a dog owner.
Thanks

Too bad our furry friends can't speak.

Okay, so I realize this may have nothing to do with anything... but I was just thinking about Timothy asking the neighbor to delete his number off her phone (unusual) -- and then the windows being left open at Timothy's house (unusual).

Could it be that Timothy wanted his neighbor NOT to call/leave a voicemail on his phone about his dog barking -- but wanted his neighbor to come on over to his house instead, to be alerted to the fact that the dog was left unattended in a quicker fashion? Anyone think that is possible?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missmichelle1932
Back