GA GA - Timothy Cunningham, 35, Chamblee, 12 Feb 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cunningham was not seen on CDC surveillance cameras leaving the facility, nor was he captured on camera pulling his car into his garage.

And because TC texted his neighbor, he didn’t go to his neighbor’s house. This text could be the last activity on TC’s cell phone.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/atl...ion-before-disappearance-police-say/708133686
? Did he have cameras at home. If so did he go in that day not using his own car?

At one time it was mentioned he left work after getting a phone call? Was that his ride?

? Did he have cameras at home. If so did he go in that day not using his own car?

At one time it was mentioned he left work after getting a phone call? Was that his ride?

I had not read that, about him leaving work after getting a phone call. Adds another layer of mystery, jmo.

I had not read that, about him leaving work after getting a phone call. Adds another layer of mystery, jmo.

He didn't get a phone call. That was someone's theory in this thread before we knew he left work sick.

Do we know if he drove to work that morning? Could he still be inside the CDC building(s)? Have they looked in every nook and cranny (utility closets, large cryo freezers, etc., the latter of which I’m not sure he had access to given the nature of his work)?

I have suspected some sort of acute psychiatric crisis as the cause of his disappearance. If he was paranoid and thought he was being watched or spyed on, he might have been afraid to be seen in his car. His text to the neighbor asking to have his wife remove his number from her phone leads me in this direction also; perhaps he thought she was a government agent, spy, etc.

It sounds like he was under a tremendous amount of pressure, which could have brought on an episode like that, IMO. And if that is indeed what happened ... makes me so sad.

I am kind of hoping it was some sort of psychotic break and that he is alive somewhere. Maybe in a homeless shelter. Sad, but better than death.

He didn't get a phone call. That was someone's theory in this thread before we knew he left work sick.
Thanks, for clarifying. I was unsure. I hadn't seen it reported but recall reading it on here. Hoping that post wasn't stated as fact.

The text message. I can't word what I want to say without sounding sleuthy. Could the neighbor be stalking him and that is the reason for the text.

Also, he was close to his family. He knew they would be concerned and maybe why he was ok with leaving his dog. They would come to his house to check on him and the dog would be found by loving family members.

I hate thinking self-harm, but being in the mental health field so long, you get feelings. I hope the gut is wrong this time.

I tried to map from work/home. I don't want to post the pic because...I am unsure of my mapping skills.

"If" I mapped correctly then it shows his drive was 32 mins. Ugh...in Atlanta area traffic a 32 min. drive could equal 45 mins or more to work and then back home again. A lot of time just going to and from work.

Confusing. He wasn't seen on vid leaving the CDC. Was he seen entering the facility, I wonder ? Did he,in fact, actually get home that day ?

The police put significant emphasis on the fact that every single one of his known belongings was accounted for inside the house. They mentioned specifically how unusual this was. I think this would be impossible if he had not come home that day.

I wonder if it is more along the lines of her texting him questions etc. I have a family member who works in the medical field. He constantly gets texts from acquaintances asking random medical questions. Most aren’t even in the area in which he is trained. While Tim has a PhD vs an MD, the neighbor may have assumed CDC = MD. I could see someone texting/asking questions about flu etc She may have also read the fake news (it seemed to be a favorite thing to share on FB) about the vaccine that came out a while back and been texting questions just because he worked at the CDC. If it persisted he may have just had enough. Since we don’t know the context in which Tim mentioned it to the husband, it is hard to gauge what was going on. Was it in general conversation or did he specifically contact the husband to request it be deleted?

It's odd/frustrating that the reporter who spoke to the wife (the one he had wanted to delete his contact info) didn't follow up with questions about the nature of her communication with him.

I admit, I also wondered (JUST MUSING, NOT SAYING OR ACCUSING ANYONE) if the neighbor had been "bullying" him in texts. But then I also think the idea of a text raises so many variables and possibilities. Anyone can send one from a phone. Sarcasm, tone of voice doesn't convey, etc.

ETA: and please remember that LE knows a lot more than we do, and that details are still coming out such that things become clearer with each report, timelines firmed up, details confirmed/added...

"O'Connor said the CDC was checking whether security camera footage shows Cunningham in his vehicle when it left the campus and police were making sure his government credit cards aren't being used."

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/timoth...er-passed-over-promotion-disappearing-police/

** just wanna put this back into the mix
Since it wasn't stated I will assume they saw him arrive. Did he drive his car to work that day?
If this was stated previously I apologize trying to read from the start again but somehow end at the bottom going up.(I should have slept last night. sigh)

He seems to be a high achiever!
I just wonder if he felt he let his family down by not getting the promotion. :( He seems very close to them.

I can understand why some people commit suicide but I find it hard to understand why some choose to do it in secluded place where family and friends can't find them.
I'm not saying this is what he did but I would rather my family have closure and not having them live with worry and uncertainty.
I'm still on the fence yet for if I believe suicide, illness/accident or foul play, but I'm slowly thinking less of foul play.

This is all just my opinion.. Calling in sick (which I assume he didn't make a habit of with his rank), acting strangely to family members via phone, asking the neighbor to remove his number.. Whether he left on his own or someone picked him up, I'm not sure. But I do I think he KNEW he was going somewhere on that day. And I think he is still out there, alive.. Either he was acting strangely because he was scared or maybe he had some unknown medical issue or a mental breakdown.. Could he be on a secret/undercover type of job and THAT'S why they told him he didn't get the promotion? (I know, maybe far fetched, but it was my very first thought and I still have a feeling about it)

I hope that he is found soon and that the family can have some answers. Im holding on to that he is out there alive somewhere!

I wonder if he hinted to his family on Sunday that he was suicidal, he strikes me as the type of person who would leave a suicide note, unless he thought it unnecessary as they knew exactly how he felt.
I don’t think he had any intention of staying at work that last day, possibly just returning stuff.
I can see him not wanting to kill himself near Bo, still think he will be found in the near neighbourhood.

I know if a person comes to the hospital where I work (non-clinical) and requests that no one is told they are there, we can say NOTHING regarding that patient. We basically have to say that the person is not in our system. Could it be that TC is in a facility and because of privacy regulations, that facility cannot tell the parents, or even police?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There was a similar thread I've followed a couple of weeks ago and the man called 911 and hung up then was missing. His car was later found which seemed suspicious but he was found alive in hospital really I'll with the flu. I can't think of his name.
This is the situation I'm hoping for here but I'm thinking it could be mental illness/break that he may of had.

I know if a person comes to the hospital where I work (non-clinical) and requests that no one is told they are there, we can say NOTHING regarding that patient. We basically have to say that the person is not in our system. Could it be that TC is in a facility and because of privacy regulations, that facility cannot tell the parents, or even police?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wow if that's true. I always thought they could tell LE but LE could only tell them he was fine but did not want to be contacted, or something similar. Think of all the wasted money it would cost for all the searches and investigation s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lockett