GUILTY GA - Tina Prince, 46, teacher, Sandersville, 28 May 2021 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Sheriff: GBI autopsy confirms body found is missing woman Tina Prince

Update on the Tina Prince Case:

The autopsy on Tina Smith Prince was conducted at GBI Headquarters in Decatur on Wednesday, June 9, 2021. GBI Medical Examiner Officials have positively identified the remains as Tina Prince. The official autopsy report is not complete. The investigation continues to be very active and ongoing. There are no further updates regarding this investigation at this time. When there is an update, We will release more information.

We appreciate everyone’s patience and consideration for this is a very sensitive investigation. Please continue to keep the Prince Family, the Washington County School District, and our entire community lifted in prayer in the days, weeks, and months ahead...

UPDATE: Body found outside Sandersville confirmed as missing teacher

[...]

Coroner E.K. May says it will still take some time to determine her cause of death.

Tina Prince case: Remains identified as missing Georgia teacher | 13wmaz.com

Now, the GBI has officially identified the remains found as those of 46-year-old Tina Prince. That's after an autopsy was completed at the GBI's crime lab in Decatur earlier this week.

Sheriff Joel Cochran says he met with Prince’s family Friday to discuss the findings with them.

They are still waiting for more tests from the autopsy as they continue to investigate how she died.

Friday, June 4, her remains were found in the woods on Imery’s Clay Site on Pleasant Grove Road.

Adams was taken into custody and that afternoon the GBI and Washington County investigators met with the chief magistrate for a closed-door meeting. He signed three arrest warrants for Adams; charging him with concealing a death and two felony counts of false statements.

The warrant says Adams ‘hindered the discovery’ of the body. Sheriff Cochran says he anticipates additional charges in the coming days.

Difficult to decipher what this means, but I assume there was no overt injuries, i.e., stab, gunshot, or strangulation. Tox screens must be pending, which as others have said can take up to 90 days.

I must say, for as regionally high profile as this case was- no one is talking. Which in this day and age is abnormal.

Difficult to decipher what this means, but I assume there was no overt injuries, i.e., stab, gunshot, or strangulation. Tox screens must be pending, which as others have said can take up to 90 days.

I must say, for as regionally high profile as this case was- no one is talking. Which in this day and age is abnormal.
BBM
It is abnormal as most cases go.
<modsnip>
JMO

Last edited by a moderator:

I have to agree. Toxicology was my first thought as well.

I haven’t been around Websleuths that long (almost a year… but what a year it has been!).

But anecdotally I have seen cases take months before even manner of death was revealed to be homicide. I agree that in some cases they may want to wait for toxicology before ruling MOD and COD, but that does NOT mean it was drugs/poison. Just means they are checking and investigating. Examples:
  • Alexis Sharkey - found dead Thanksgiving weekend. More than 6 weeks later in January 2021: homicide by strangulation
  • David Niwamanya - died January 3, 2021. Early May 2021: homicide by blunt trauma to torso.
  • Tammy Daybell - died Oct 2019, exhumed later, more than a year after her death autopsy was complete February 2021. In May 2021 three months later Chad and Lori were indicted in her murder. Autopsy not released.

I was thinking the opposite-something made positive identification difficult-due to it taking a week. Based on knowing she had a steady job that often provides some insurance coverage, my assumption is that she would have somewhat recent dental X-rays for comparison and could be ID’d fairly quickly. That’s totally a guess though.

I was thinking the opposite-something made positive identification difficult-due to it taking a week. Based on knowing she had a steady job that often provides some insurance coverage, my assumption is that she would have somewhat recent dental X-rays for comparison and could be ID’d fairly quickly. That’s totally a guess though.
Tina made comments about her smile, from that I gathered she may have been a bit self-conscious. When they took a bit of time to identify her, it crossed my mind maybe she avoided the dentist, and if so, no dental records?

Alexa Sharkey's body was discovered rather quickly; whereas, Tina's wasn't. Wonder if Alexa's hyoid bone was crushed?

Someone here recently explained Tina was exposed to many days of hot and humid weather conditions + perhaps insect infestation and animals may have disturbed her precious body. How anyone leaves someone under conditions like this is beyond our understanding.

I suspected Tina was strangled. There's a way to kill via strangling without harming the hyoid bone; whereby, constant pressure is applied to sides of the neck obstructing blood flow.

Otherwise, it may be an accidental overdose.

Alexa Sharkey's body was discovered rather quickly; whereas, Tina's wasn't. Wonder if Alexa's hyoid bone was crushed?

Someone here recently explained Tina was exposed to many days of hot and humid weather conditions + perhaps insect infestation and animals may have disturbed her precious body. How anyone leaves someone under conditions like this is beyond our understanding.

I suspected Tina was strangled. There's a way to kill via strangling without harming the hyoid bone; whereby, constant pressure is applied to sides of the neck obstructing blood flow.

Otherwise, it may be an accidental overdose.
The results might indeed show injuries, but they want the complete reports too, to be absolutely sure they know what happened at the time of her death.

So far, I've been impressed with how the case is handled and communicated, tbh. There is no messiness, but a routine wait for info. It's a relief to have no wild speculations and theories, imo.

I'm having a hard time with this one. On one hand, it seems like a run-of-the-mill domestic violence situation. Romantic relationship, man murders woman, seen time and time again.

But I don't understand the car at Walmart. My initial thought is he knew in advance she wasn't ever getting back in that car and he didn't want it on his property. But then... Did he not think the police would immediately look at her cell phone records and find him? How stupid is this man?

Alternatively, this was not planned in advance. There's some other benign reason for the Walmart meetup but later on, an argument escalated and he got violent.

The secrecy around this relationship is a big question mark for me.

I'm having a hard time with this one. On one hand, it seems like a run-of-the-mill domestic violence situation. Romantic relationship, man murders woman, seen time and time again.

But I don't understand the car at Walmart. My initial thought is he knew in advance she wasn't ever getting back in that car and he didn't want it on his property. But then... Did he not think the police would immediately look at her cell phone records and find him? How stupid is this man?

Alternatively, this was not planned in advance. There's some other benign reason for the Walmart meetup but later on, an argument escalated and he got violent.

That part's got me too. Why the secrecy? Does he have another woman in his life? Did he not want Tina's car seen at his place? Or did she? 50% why are they hiding the relationship, and 50% who are they hiding it from?

That part's got me too. Why the secrecy? Does he have another woman in his life? Did he not want Tina's car seen at his place? Or did she? 50% why are they hiding the relationship, and 50% who are they hiding it from?
The car in the parking lot is an odd detail.

I'm thinking of times when I left a car to ride in someone else's, and one reason was if we were going on a longer ride and it made sense to go in one car rather than two.

Maybe they went somewhere before going to his home and wanted to make the drive together? But I think he said they watched a movie before going to bed so that rules out a long ride somewhere. (Not that he is necessarily telling the truth about the movie.)

jmo

During the investigation, LE never identified Adams by name, he was described as a male she had an on/off relationship with. While that isn't entirely unheard of, I did find it a bit odd he wasn't named.

Stopping at the gas station first, then meeting at Walmart and leaving her car, seems to indicate the relationship was secretive and not out in the open. Why not just meet at the gas station and leave from there? I would guess from looking at the number of cases listed for Adams - which include DV assault & cruelty to a child (he wasn't convicted). Tina being a teacher, that could have been detrimental to her reputation.

Reading the public comments on Tina's daughters fb page left by previous students- she was deeply loved and admired by all. The kind of teacher twenty-somethings can pull up memories of and recite how she helped and made them feel. So I can't help but wonder if Tina was trying to help this man and saw something in him that was redeemable. Such a tragic loss for all the kids who would have experienced her special touch in education.

During the investigation, LE never identified Adams by name, he was described as a male she had an on/off relationship with. While that isn't entirely unheard of, I did find it a bit odd he wasn't named.

Stopping at the gas station first, then meeting at Walmart and leaving her car, seems to indicate the relationship was secretive and not out in the open. Why not just meet at the gas station and leave from there? I would guess from looking at the number of cases listed for Adams - which include DV assault & cruelty to a child (he wasn't convicted). Tina being a teacher, that could have been detrimental to her reputation.

Reading the public comments on Tina's daughters fb page left by previous students- she was deeply loved and admired by all. The kind of teacher twenty-somethings can pull up memories of and recite how she helped and made them feel. So I can't help but wonder if Tina was trying to help this man and saw something in him that was redeemable. Such a tragic loss for all the kids who would have experienced her special touch in education.

Yes he sounds like a bad dude. A few things jumped out at me. 1. She left a family meal suddenly after he contacted her, texting her several times (it sounds like) during the meal, and then calling her. This sounds thoughtless at best, but veers into ... controlling (IMO). 2. She goes into the gas station and presumably uses her own money to pay for whatever it is she bought. Again, why isn't he paying for these items? Why doesn't he get his *advertiser censored* out of his car and walk in there and buy the items himself? ... She meets him at a Walmart and gets into his vehicle. Again, why? Why can't he go pick her up and drive her? Why do these tiny bits of info seem like she's putting in 95% of the effort?

Long story short, this sounds like it was an abusive dynamic. I'm speculating and making some assumptions, but I think he was probably abusing Tina for a while before he killed her. She deserved so much better. She sounds like a special person.

Yes he sounds like a bad dude. A few things jumped out at me. 1. She left a family meal suddenly after he contacted her, texting her several times (it sounds like) during the meal, and then calling her. This sounds thoughtless at best, but veers into ... controlling (IMO). 2. She goes into the gas station and presumably uses her own money to pay for whatever it is she bought. Again, why isn't he paying for these items? Why doesn't he get his *advertiser censored* out of his car and walk in there and buy the items himself? ... She meets him at a Walmart and gets into his vehicle. Again, why? Why can't he go pick her up and drive her? Why do these tiny bits of info seem like she's putting in 95% of the effort?

Long story short, this sounds like it was an abusive dynamic. I'm speculating and making some assumptions, but I think he was probably abusing Tina for a while before he killed her. She deserved so much better. She sounds like a special person.
I agree that it seems weird and abusive that he called her out of a family gathering and she had to get him stuff. I have been with a controlling man, but he would never send me into the gas station mart while he sat in the car. Only excuse for that I can think of us if he is banned due to prior acts or probation or something. Bad blood at that shop. Which is sketchy in itself. JMO.

Maybe it was Tina that didn’t want her car seen there.

She left a dinner to go meet a guy that was quite “iffy”. She didn’t tell her family where she was going. This was an on again off again relationship so there must have been a reason it didnt “stick”.

It could very well have been that her family didn’t approve of him. If that’s the case she probably didn’t want want to deal with the aggravation that could ensue. So, drive to a meet up and leave the car there so if someone drives by his house her car wasn’t there.

Or, this was a premeditated murder. Adam didn’t want her car on his property. He knew her car would be found eventually and he set up a scenario where he wasn’t in the picture. The only flaw was that LE was able track back to him because of the phone call.

MOO

Maybe it was Tina that didn’t want her car seen there.

She left a dinner to go meet a guy that was quite “iffy”. She didn’t tell her family where she was going. This was an on again off again relationship so there must have been a reason it didnt “stick”.

It could very well have been that her family didn’t approve of him. If that’s the case she probably didn’t want want to deal with the aggravation that could ensue. So, drive to a meet up and leave the car there so if someone drives by his house her car wasn’t there.

Or, this was a premeditated murder. Adam didn’t want her car on his property. He knew her car would be found eventually and he set up a scenario where he wasn’t in the picture. The only flaw was that LE was able track back to him because of the phone call.

MOO

I think your first point is quite plausible. Imagine the family asking "Why are you spending time that dirtbag?" For whatever reasons, lots of people do gravitate towards people who... well, maybe they see something that others don't, or vice versa.

The car in the parking lot is an odd detail.

I'm thinking of times when I left a car to ride in someone else's, and one reason was if we were going on a longer ride and it made sense to go in one car rather than two.

Maybe they went somewhere before going to his home and wanted to make the drive together? But I think he said they watched a movie before going to bed so that rules out a long ride somewhere. (Not that he is necessarily telling the truth about the movie.)

jmo
I’m not even sure she was ever at his house, just because he said so.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristens5487
Back