Garrido Says Dugard's Rights Violated

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
i dont think ebery thing is cookies and gum drops either.
theres obviousy issues and will continue to be for a long time. do i believe this is particuarly one of them? not to this degree no. theres a diffrence with being bonded to a captor and feeling your in love with them.
second, i fear what nonsene they will print next......and the bigger fear that this will be another "discussion" in here.

bbm
While I think everyone here enjoys having diverse viewpoints and varying perspectives, no one is forcing you to participate in any "discussions" against your will. There's not a posting quota or anything:) What is it in particular that concerns you about this? Can you expand on your thought which I bolded above?

I say leave it up. People will see the source name in the link and if they don't want to click on it, they sure don't have to. Thanks for offering us more info, sisters:)

They don't lie in the sense that they report what their "sources" say, but that doesn't mean it's true, since the "source" may well be just making it up.

It allways that anyone pays attention to what NE reports.

bbm
While I think everyone here enjoys having diverse viewpoints and varying perspectives, no one is forcing you to participate in any "discussions" against your will. There's not a posting quota or anything:) What is it in particular that concerns you about this? Can you expand on your thought which I bolded above?

want to clarify here. i love the mutli opinioed people on this board, even the ones i totally or mostly disagree with.
but if the enquirer, globe or stars next edition states something to the effect of "jaycee helped garrido murder, bury hookers" or "jaycee was abducted by aliens and returned to garrido, are we gonna post and discuss garbage like that?

My point is that THEY will decide what to believe in and how to lead their lives, not what you, or LinasK or I, or anyone else on this board thinks they will or should. Their perception of all of this is going to be very different from what we think, and it because their life experience is so different. It is NOT RIGHT for any of us to say that their feelings are wrong and bad or that they should say and do things in a particular way. We should respect those feelings, their sense of family, such as it may be. If you break that sense of family, you will leave a ruin in it's place that will be with them for the rest of their lives. What these girls need is to build their future, not carpet-bomb their past. If they have been treated badly growing up, they will undoubtedly remember that and react accordingly. However, if they were treated well under the circumstances, it is a crime to try and destroy what fond memories they might have.

I think it is very sad, but unfortunately in situations like this there are legions of people who are going to try to "help them" by forcing the girls to fit into their world view. Just reading through posts on this board, that sentiment is expressed over and over and over again. The sentiment is allways about how "I" feel about the situation and never about how "they" might feel. I feel very sorry for these girls, the situation they find themselves is not unlike a particularly nasty divorce from a kids point of view, with the added bonus of complete strangers getting into the fight uninvited.

I just hope they have the strength to be themselves and resist the pressure to conform that society will undoubtedly be smothering them with.

I heard a psychologist say that they all should move forward and not flinch. Not give PG & NG on more cell of consciousness, move forward and don't look back. Her theory was that they have so many exciting things to discover and this is the time to do that. To have fun every minute of the day and bask in the love and affection the family has to give.

I don't think she meant to do this forever, but I like the positive approach rather than the thought of them reliving every horrid detail at this point in their recovery. I'm not educated in this field so I would like to hear from those that are.

want to clarify here. i love the mutli opinioed people on this board, even the ones i totally or mostly disagree with.
but if the enquirer, globe or stars next edition states something to the effect of "jaycee helped garrido murder, bury hookers" or "jaycee was abducted by aliens and returned to garrido, are we gonna post and discuss garbage like that?

I have no idea what will or won't be posted in the future. I guess we'll cross that bridge when we come to it. But if I don't want to read it, I won't. :)

I promise, I'll have your back if that happens. :)

ok so who's there source for this artice? mcgregors scott? jaycee? shayna? terry? LE?

There is no way it would be someone directly connected to the family, more likely it would be some peripheral character. Not only that, it would likely be rumours and half-truths that person heard. That sort of thing can mushroom pretty quickly into gross distortions of what actually might have happened, especially after it has passed through several people.

I have no idea what will or won't be posted in the future. I guess we'll cross that bridge when we come to it. But if I don't want to read it, I won't. :)

i chose not to read this but for some reason i cant shut up about it lol

There is no way it would be someone directly connected to the family, more likely it would be some peripheral character. Not only that, it would likely be rumours and half-truths that person heard. That sort of thing can mushroom pretty quickly into gross distortions of what actually might have happened, especially after it has passed through several people.

what do i know i finally agree with you on something :)
like i said this is what carl said times about 30........i think its grossly exaggerated

How would you know it can't be anyone directly connected to the family? Her step-father is directly connected to the family, and he's said JC has strong feelings for Garrido and viewed it almost like a marriage.

How would you know it can't be anyone directly connected to the family? Her step-father is directly connected to the family, and he's said JC has strong feelings for Garrido and viewed it almost like a marriage.

again this is a far cry from her saying she still loves him and begging to see him

again this is a far cry from her saying she still loves him and begging to see him

Has strong feelings is a far cry from her still loving him? What do you think those feelings are? If it were hate, I fail to see why she'd feel guilty about it (which she does, according to the stepfather).

Much of what we are privy to has been the same. i.e. Neighbor tells someone something, grandpa talks when he gets paid, 6 out of 96 pages released from the PO, on and on. We are trying to decipher what is relevant information on this forum, aren't we? There's some truth in every lie. Can't remember the quote I'm thinking of. Sleuthers ferret out the truth hidden in the lies. (I think I'll have another glass of wine. LOL Cheers!)

Much of what we are privy to has been the same. i.e. Neighbor tells someone something, grandpa talks when he gets paid, 6 out of 96 pages released from the PO, on and on. We are trying to decipher what is relevant information on this forum, aren't we? There's some truth in every lie. Can't remember the quote I'm thinking of. Sleuthers ferret out the truth hidden in the lies. (I think I'll have another glass of wine. LOL Cheers!)

imo there's some truth here. the rest is made up exaggeration

I heard a psychologist say that they all should move forward and not flinch. Not give PG & NG on more cell of consciousness, move forward and don't look back. Her theory was that they have so many exciting things to discover and this is the time to do that. To have fun every minute of the day and bask in the love and affection the family has to give.

I don't think she meant to do this forever, but I like the positive approach rather than the thought of them reliving every horrid detail at this point in their recovery. I'm not educated in this field so I would like to hear from those that are.

I would say that is good advice. However, as far as the past is concerned, it really depends if it was a pleasant or unpleasant experience for them. Therein lies the danger, since most people will not make that distinction. If your past is one of pain, then you need to deal with it or it will destroy you. This is allmost certainly the situation Jaycee herself is in, she has to deal with it. But, on the other hand if the past has been largely pain free, it serves as a foundation to build on, even if fundamentally dysfunctional at some level. This may be the situation the girls are in, and if so they would need to be treated very differently from their mother.

It sounds like the problem for Jaycee is that she has experienced (sort of) both kinds of past in the last 18 years, and that is the source of the conflict in her. Some really bad ****, and later other things she might feel good about. Reconciling all of that is going to be a really uphill struggle for her, you have to feel a lot of empathy for her because it is not going to be easy. The kids on the other hand appear to have experienced mostly the better half of that, so their needs going forward are very different and in a lot of ways need to be focussed more on the future than addressing the past.

There is always some truth that makes a rumor seem somewhat plausible. The only people who can verify or dny the accuracy of the article would be Jaycee, Terry or Jaycee's daughters. We know that will not happen in the near future.

I am sure that Jaycee and her daughters have had many more thoughts, feelings and emotions than anyone could even consider, let alone comprehend. I am just so happy that they are getting the opportunity to explore those feelings/emotions in a safe, supportive atmosphere.

As for the NE, they will continue to report facts and fiction and through the law of averages some of the stories will be correct, even if exagerated.

I would say that is good advice. However, as far as the past is concerned, it really depends if it was a pleasant or unpleasant experience for them. Therein lies the danger, since most people will not make that distinction. If your past is one of pain, then you need to deal with it or it will destroy you. This is allmost certainly the situation Jaycee herself is in, she has to deal with it. But, on the other hand if the past has been largely pain free, it serves as a foundation to build on, even if fundamentally dysfunctional at some level. This may be the situation the girls are in, and if so they would need to be treated very differently from their mother.

It sounds like the problem for Jaycee is that she has experienced (sort of) both kinds of past in the last 18 years, and that is the source of the conflict in her. Some really bad ****, and later other things she might feel good about. Reconciling all of that is going to be a really uphill struggle for her, you have to feel a lot of empathy for her because it is not going to be easy. The kids on the other hand appear to have experienced mostly the better half of that, so their needs going forward are very different and in a lot of ways need to be focussed more on the future than addressing the past.
How did the kids experience the "better half of that?" By what's been reported, they haven't been to a doctor or a dentist. And they didn't go to school. They wouldn't even have birth certificate or social security numbers.
You call that the "better half?"

There is always some truth that makes a rumor seem somewhat plausible. The only people who can verify or dny the accuracy of the article would be Jaycee, Terry or Jaycee's daughters. We know that will not happen in the near future.

I am sure that Jaycee and her daughters have had many more thoughts, feelings and emotions than anyone could even consider, let alone comprehend. I am just so happy that they are getting the opportunity to explore those feelings/emotions in a safe, supportive atmosphere.

As for the NE, they will continue to report facts and fiction and through the law of averages some of the stories will be correct, even if exagerated.

thats why i dont trust them.
the only reason there edwards stuff was real was cause they had someone following him apperently.......
agree with what you said about jaycee and the girls. we sure dont know what there feeling. but there working out together and with family that loves them.

Yes, but the step-father never actually spoke to Jaycee, he was paraphrasing general recollections he had of conversations, either from Terry or Shayna I would think. These in turn were general recollections of the events of the day. So, we have at least two second hand summaries, those are exactly the sort of conditions that lead to truth being distorted.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evremevremm
Back