Gary Hilton - Cheryl Dunlap murder TRIAL

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
There are more people following WCTV's live coverage than on TDO. The sound seems better from the wctv site to me but I think the main draw is the no holds barred chat like you said.

Because there were some on there who were not serious about the case at all....
for the Channon Christian/ Chris Newsom trials, Websleuths was wonderful, also for the first Petit trial...great comments on here...
sigh...I guess it will just not be the same for this one...sorry, I will not join a chat for this trial where one poster is Snooki ( though I am a Jersey Shore fan, but find that humor out of place in this case)

Though I agree that the audio is good for the trial....when I am home, I have the audio on one browser, Twitter feed on another, and of course WS on the other....

Because there were some on there who were not serious about the case at all....
for the Channon Christian/ Chris Newsom trials, Websleuths was wonderful, also for the first Petit trial...great comments on here...
sigh...I guess it will just not be the same for this one...sorry, I will not join a chat for this trial where one poster is Snooki ( though I am a Jersey Shore fan, but find that humor out of place in this case)

Though I agree that the audio is good for the trial....when I am home, I have the audio on one browser, Twitter feed on another, and of course WS on the other....

I was on WCTV most of the day, and the last few days, my name is Liberte there..

as I said, I could tell that many of the serious posters on the chat were from here, and that was great....just a shame that there was no way to keep the jokesters off.....

I agree. I don't want to be a part of that either. It seems disrespectful to the family and the victim.

I reread my earlier post and realize it sounds as if the main draw for me is the live chat. That is not what I meant. I meant I agree with your opinion that more people are viewing there for the lively live chat but that is not why I am viewing from wctv, I just think the sound is better.

Thanks for the update on today's proceedings.

First reflections on the day:
Hello to All....just got home from the trial & grocery store. I felt so sad and I wish I had time for a bath.

Just being in the same room with GMH made me feel dirty. I ate lunch in the court house with the 2 Leon County Sheriff's Deputies that you see walking him out. VERY INTERESTING. I talked with Cheryls cousin..G. Tucker...I had also taught her daughter. I told the aunt that I was keeping her in my prayers.

During the pic's of the bones (not the burned ones) but the bones that were of her neck and wrists...The aunt left the room. To the best of my knowledge...Cheryl's mother is not in attendance. She was not at the family visitation Dec. 26, 2007 and she did not attend the funeral. Don't really know what to make of that. The boys are not in attendance and may be called...not really sure.

The bigest thing today was the chain of evidence on the camera SD card. The SA's office has a lot to work out to get that card into evidence. Suber is fighting it tooth and nail. I sat with the SA's victims advocate. She is to look after the family members.

I left when the jury was excused for the day. They were arguing about the 4 hour car transport to Tallahassee and the CD of that trip. I will try to catch what climber wrote on that information.

I also met an ABC reporter from New York City. Julie Montanaro from WCTV and an author we have discussed named Fred Rosen. Nancy he looks just like his picture from his bio. LOL i met and talked with Jennifer Portman of Tallahassee Democrat.

Well I have to get busy with Real Life and get ready for out of town guests.

TTYL....sally

more info...hope it makes sence:

Sally,

Good for you! That's wonderful news that you talked with so many people today at the courthouse. Did the sheriffs have any personal feelings about GMH? Do they get any heebie jeebies from him?

Is Cheryl's cousin G. tucker related to the other tucker we were talking about?

I would say that G. Tucker's Ex- husband is most likly not related to other tucker.

Still reading to catch up...

sally

just stuff...

I think the Apalachicola reference was with the Pickens Co, SC questioning about Jason Knapp

I still have NOT found out if that tape will be placed into evidence!

...sally

more stuff:

Hilton later told the agent he had a bayonet and directed him to where it was. Another officer picked it up.

Judge insisting to have pulled transcript of agent located to determine if he read Hilton his rights a second time.

He did not re-read him his rights. He and his attorney had agreed to come in and disclose the location of Meredith Emerson's body

Defense argues that Hilton's statement can't be used under Fla law because it was part of a plea agreement.

Judge will not allow Hilton's interview about the bayonet with the GBI agent to come in. A blow to the state's case.

Suber does NOT want the bayonet to be admited into evidence...I have tried to talk to SA's I met today about this and her reasons WHY?

Still a mystery to Me!!!

sally

Hi Mustang..Let us know how it went. I hope you are able to get a seat.We do not want to see you in the news with a arrest of Contempt.LOL

Can I call you to bail me out??? LOL

I will touch base with you tomorrow!!

Thank you so much, Sally, for your insights into this case. I have found Jennifer Portman's reporting, via her Tweets, to be very helpful.
Again, thanks for being eyes and ears.....

I am guilty of flippant remarks about Inez Suber and the stinky one by the window. I hope I didn't offend too many people. FYI, I DID NOT claim to have channeled anyone! Nice to chat with you Liberte!

Thought for the night:

No God, no peace. Know God, know peace. Press Like if you agree! =)
‎"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." Philippians 4:13

c/p from my Facebook page...

Sally

Cheryl Dunlap died as the result of "undetermined homicidal violence," the medical examiner who conducted her autopsy testified Tuesday, and her dismembered body lay rotting and exposed to scavenging animals in the woods for a week or more before it was found by a hunter.

Quantcast
The American Red Cross

Dr. Anthony Clark said he could not determine whether the 46-year-old Crawfordville nurse was shot, beaten or strangled, but concluded that the cause of death had to have been a traumatic injury to her head or neck. Dunlap's head was sawed off with a sharp knife just above her C7 neck vertebra, and Clark said he found no other injuries in what was left of her body that could have killed her. The decomposition of Dunlap's body also made it impossible to determine if she had been sexually assaulted.

Clark's graphic findings and autopsy photographs came on the third day of testimony in the capital murder trial of Gary Michael Hilton. The 64-year-old drifter is accused of kidnapping and killing Dunlap in December 2007, then cutting off her head and hands before incinerating them in a burn pit at a makeshift campsite in the Apalachicola National Forest.

Hilton's lead attorney, Assistant Public Defender Ines Suber, questioned Clark's use of the term "violent" in his cause of death determination, and argued that was for the jury to decide, but Circuit Judge James Hankinson overruled her objection.
Related

Later during the medical examiner's testimony, Hankinson snapped at Suber to "be quiet and sit down" after she repeatedly interrupted Chief Assistant State Attorney Georgia Cappleman's questioning of Clark.

After jurors left the courtroom, Suber asked for a mistrial, contending Hankinson's admonishment could have prejudiced the jury against Hilton. The judge also denied that request.

"I told you to sit down and be quiet because you persisted," he told Suber. "That was unprofessional."

Further legal wrangling caused proceedings to be adjourned early when Suber objected to the testimony of a Georgia investigator because he was not included on the state's witness list, rendering her unable to prepare for his testimony.
(2 of 2)

Cappleman conceded that she inadvertently left Georgia Bureau of Investigation Special Agent Mitchell Posey off the prosecution's witness list. Posey documented a host of items from a Georgia convenience store trash bin that prosecutors say link Hilton to Dunlap.

Posey found the evidence, including Dunlap's hiking boots, a forest service citation issued to Hilton and garbage similar to refuse left behind at his two Leon County campsites, while investigating the disappearance of Georgia hiker Meredith Emerson. Hilton confessed to killing and beheading the 24-year-old in January 2008, about two weeks after Dunlap's body was found.

Rather than strike Posey's testimony, Hankinson sent the jury home around 2 p.m. and gave Suber the afternoon to depose the investigator.

Before testimony was suspended for the day, Posey confirmed his discovery of other items presented to the jury, including pants and finger-less gloves similar to those witnesses have said Hilton was wearing in the woods around the time of Dunlap's death. Items in the garbage bags linked to Hilton by witness testimony included locks, metal chains and a large knife sheath.
Related

Jurors have appeared engaged throughout the proceedings, taking notes, scrutinizing photographs and listening with rapt attention to testimony. Courtroom attendance has been light, with a smattering of spectators, including college interns, courthouse personnel and about a half-dozen members of the media.

Dunlap's aunt has sat stoically in the gallery throughout the proceedings. She left the courtroom during the medical examiner's testimony.

The trial will resume this morning.

Read more: Medical examiner: Dunlap died of injury to her head or neck | tallahassee.com | Tallahassee Democrat http://www.tallahassee.com/article/...d-of-injury-to-her-head-or-neck#ixzz1DWiTNAQq

Before the jury entered the courtroom on day 4 of the Gary Michael Hilton trial, the defense asked that a statement Hilton made to LCSO when they served a search warrant in Georgia not be allowed as evidence
Hilton told LCSO officer that he would give a full statement on the Dunlap murder in exchange for immunity.
jmportman
jmportman 14 hours ago
The defense argued that the statements were legally admissible. The witness said that Hilton asked for immunity in exchange to lay all the facts of the case out during the search.

He repeated the request during transport from Georgia to Florida.
Hilton's defense team wanted to suppress his statement, but the judge just said no. HIlton was not trying negotiate a plea bargain, he said
jmportman
jmportman 14 hours ago
"I'm sure he did hope Fla. would just leave him alone," he judge said. "but it is absurd to suggest those expectations were reasonable..."
jmportman
jmportman 14 hours ago
"...that the state of Fla. was simply going to walk away and give him immunity and simply take a statement from him."
jmportman
jmportman 14 hours ago
Attorneys continuing to parse which of Hilton's statements will be allowed to be shared with jurors.
jmportman
jmportman 14 hours ago
Hilton said he was really worried about going into federal custody.
jmportman
jmportman 14 hours ago
Hilton said he didn't kill anyone before September 2007. "I started hunting in September," he said.
jmportman
jmportman 14 hours ago
Defense says the statements aren't relevant and highly prejudicial.
jmportman
jmportman 14 hours ago
State now going over which statements it wants the jury to hear.
jmportman
jmportman 14 hours ago
Jurors will hear the "starting hunting in Sept. (2007)" line, but state cannot suggest he committed other crimes. Judge ruled...
jmportman
jmportman 14 hours ago