GBC Trial General Discussion Thread #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apologies, but I'm having trouble locating the transcript of the GBC interview with Constable Simmons, I think it is? Someone posted it in the thick of one of the trial days.

Can anyone help?

So here's a question for you all... Do you think GBC is guilty and why?

IMO guilty. I can't find plausible reasons for scratches, blood, plant matter, this along with means and motive I can't see another scenario that fits. If her rings were missing or some other thing that would create reasonable doubt for me. But as is, I just cannot come up with another scenario.

I'd say guilty....he was cruel and mean but something bothers me....did he have the guts to actually do it ?
He always seemed to be cowardly in the way he dominated and took advantage of the weak but he was a bit of a wuss, blubbering et al.
Did he try and mess up and get dad/sister to finish it off ? (with a thousand explanations to them blaming Allison etc)
I think they were ALL in on it !

If he didn't kill her but had had an argument that got physical, he would not want to admit this to police.

Many things remind me of the Oscar Pistorius case; it is frightening.
(Btw: I think, he is also guilty ...)

Good to see you back Trooper. I, and probably everyone else, missed your input over the past few days.

Some time ago I read that Gered never managed to qualify as an accountant. He has something like a business qualification from possibly The Darling Downs Institute of Advanced Education. Because he failed to pass exams to be an accountant, the large accountancy firm who was employing him had to let him go. Hence, he ended up at Flight Centres.

IMO, Gered has very little business/financial acumen/smarts. He should have been rolling in it after the property boom. It could be that, as a result of the property boom, he thought that he was an invincible financial wizard and went on to act as such making some really silly financial decisions. Hopefully, we'll hear more about this in the trial. What we do know is that he didn't waste any money on Allison or their home.

June 27, 2012

- Gerard completed primary school in Toowoomba at Gabbinbar State School.

- He then went to Toowoomba Grammar School until 1987, completing year 12.
- Obtained a tertiary entrance score of 900.

- While at high school, he worked as a waiter at Squatters (a Toowoomba restaurant) and also undertook strawberry and potato picking in Lockyer Valley.

- Represented Toowoomba in hockey in under 17 and under 21 divisions.

- After school, he completed five years in a Bachelor of Business (majoring in accounting and computing) at the now University of Southern Queensland, formerly the Darling Downs Institute of Advanced Education.

- At the same time, he spent three years with the Australia Army Reserve as a training officer.

- While studying he supplemented his income chipping onions and picking potatoes in the Lockyer Valley and continuing to work as a waiter at the Squatters restaurant.

- From 1991-93 he worked as an accountant in the Audit Division of KPMG Peat Marwick. For approximately 12 months, Gerard worked as a company accountant for Designer Workwear.

http://www.news.com.au/national/the...bail-application/story-e6frfkvr-1226410326970

The real gem is this. Maybe he was predicting his own future. I've bolded & underlined....

Gerard Baden-Clay's life and career built on honesty

April 27, 2012

FOR Gerard Baden-Clay, honesty has always been the best policy.

In his online blogs, his company profiles and in his capacity as a real estate industry leader, it's a topic he revisits over and over.

"In business, it's simple: never lie," he told The Courier-Mail in 2008.

"For starters, it's the wrong thing to do but secondly you will always get caught out and usually when you least expect it.

"There are just too many people, too many personalities, too many trails ... and too much to lose."

http://www.news.com.au/national/life-and-career-built-on-honesty/story-e6frfkp9-1226340594889

I'd say guilty....he was cruel and mean but something bothers me....did he have the guts to actually do it ?
He always seemed to be cowardly in the way he dominated and took advantage of the weak but he was a bit of a wuss, blubbering et al.
Did he try and mess up and get dad/sister to finish it off ? (with a thousand explanations to them blaming Allison etc)

I also think, he is a so-called wimp and I wonder, how he has managed the murder. Perhaps his abysmal despair (money, women/women, money) has given him the necessary power.

Cowards are often bullies over anyone smaller/weaker.

I don't think it was planned out for that night. I think an argument escalated. He was bullying her and went too far.

I think he had the rage to do it.. that it was done so cackhanded is one of the main reasons why I am certain it was him and no one else.. the whole thing is so full of flaws and idiocy it could only be Gerard.

He had the means.. he had the motive.. he had the opportunity.

Alison most likely went quietly, but she didn't go without a struggle, and she marked him forever. Its not much... He had a sort of a plan, but he got into a knot because he didn't know that Alison had arranged to meet Kate Rankin.. that must have sent him into a spinning panic, because I do not believe he ever intended to be the person actually reporting Alisons disappearance.. from then on , he had to play his timing backwards, while time and space and life goes on forwards, like it does for every thing and every one. . he hasn't caught up with it yet. He is stuck.

I listened to his recorded stuff with Ash, Simmons, etc.. reading the transcript he came across as a man deflecting, but golly gosh... in his words and voice , the scramble he is having in getting his mind on the business of being a worried husband has rendered him very nearly incoherent.. no wonder those coppers were deeply suspicious almost instantly. He just cannot utter an honest word...... it is beyond him, completely. That's how it is.

The tone of voice the coppers were using was so transparent, too.. they were going to pin him down no matter how much he wriggled and writhed..

Cowards are often bullies over anyone smaller/weaker.

I don't think it was planned out for that night. I think an argument escalated. He was bullying her and went too far.

I imagine, for a long time GBC has developed an idea (because of money-problems and insurance) and always played in his thoughts, not knowing when he would have the power to do so. IMO

I am so happy you have the same thoughts! <modsnip>

From back before GBC's arrest...

May 14, 2012

Charges could be laid over the murder of Brookfield mum-of-three Allison Baden-Clay as early as this week with key test results due very soon.

Police said they were unlikely to make an arrest until they had the results of Mrs Baden-Clay’s autopsy and toxilogy tests

Detective Superintendent Mark Ainsworth said police did not believe the attack was random and confirmed police were confident of making an arrest.

‘‘We believe that Allison may have known her attacker,’’ he told The Sunday Mail.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...lers-arrest-20120513-1ykec.html#ixzz359raaMua

Add to this the fact the Police were thorough and didn't arrest GBC until 6th June, plus he was denied bail x 2 I believe we have a lot more incriminating evidence to hear.

I personally believe he will be found guilty of Allisons murder.

I think he had the rage to do it.. that it was done so cackhanded is one of the main reasons why I am certain it was him and no one else.. the whole thing is so full of flaws and idiocy it could only be Gerard.

He had the means.. he had the motive.. he had the opportunity.

Alison most likely went quietly, but she didn't go without a struggle, and she marked him forever. Its not much... He had a sort of a plan, but he got into a knot because he didn't know that Alison had arranged to meet Kate Rankin.. that must have sent him into a spinning panic, because I do not believe he ever intended to be the person actually reporting Alisons disappearance.. from then on , he had to play his timing backwards, while time and space and life goes on forwards, like it does for every thing and every one. . he hasn't caught up with it yet. He is stuck.

I listened to his recorded stuff with Ash, Simmons, etc.. reading the transcript he came across as a man deflecting, but golly gosh... in his words and voice , the scramble he is having in getting his mind on the business of being a worried husband has rendered him very nearly incoherent.. no wonder those coppers were deeply suspicious almost instantly. He just cannot utter an honest word...... it is beyond him, completely. That's how it is.

The tone of voice the coppers were using was so transparent, too.. they were going to pin him down no matter how much he wriggled and writhed..

Excellent post as always. I am sure I should know this but when and how did he discover Allison was meeting Kate, was that the catalyst for him needing to act earlier than he might have?

I hope you all have a nice weekend :)

however.....Englisch nur danke! = English only thanks! -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members