GBC Trial General Discussion Thread #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I often have wondered that too. Would love to see a text from a month before for comparison. He tried too hard that morning. Will be his undoing - small mercies that he thought he was just sooo clever and superior.

Did the police check for comparisons? Maybe not because it didn't come up in the trial, Fuller would've had a field day. . :(

(ONE MONTH BEFORE)

<modsnip>

I am interested to know if any sleuths here went to court during the Sica trial or the Morcombe trial? How did the numbers of public attendees compare? The public seating in the courtrooms is so minimal, but I don't think I ever read of extra courtrooms being available in these trials. It fascinates me that the public is so interested in this case and Allison's story.

He had variations on his Strict Routine.. go to Rotary, lie, go to a business meeting , Lie, go to a house launching ,Lie, go back to the office at night and bonk the staff, lie to the bonk , come home and lie.. ..get up, shower, shave, go to work, bonk the staff, blerg blah repeat repeat repeat.. :floorlaugh:

Was it "shower shave" or "shave shower"? That's right, it was "shower shave" every other day EXCEPT the morning Allison was reported missing. That morning it was "shave shower" - after the ablutions of course. :banghead:

Did the police check for comparisons? Maybe not because it didn't come up in the trial, Fuller would've had a field day. . :(

(ONE MONTH BEFORE)

<modsnip>

You are scaring me, but I did did did feel safe and warm with Colombo on the tube ... Even if he was a bit of the sweaty polyester type. I like wigs and spats and waistcoats, a raised eyebrow, a flaring nostril, coupled with a question from left field disguised as a remark, and then a smoothe exhale. Makes me tear at my bodice.

No me either. The driving thing really had no substance. Although now I can see O's motive to make Allison look bad - she was trying to prove to her husband that he didn't get second best by not ending up with Allison, that and protect her brother in the end.
But I am guessing well before April 2012 she put her 2 cents in every chance she got to put Allison in bad light - to prove to her hubby he done so well getting her. Jealousy plus from old OBC there I am betting!

If Allison didn't drive... then the only way she could have got to Kholo Creek was... by walking.... thus explaining why her car was still at home.

when she gave evidence which I was there to hear. She did not once criticise GBC in any way but certainly explained in great detail Allison's difficulties. It was strange. She was doing an awful lot to help Allison, looking after her kids, Allison and cooking for them as Allison couldn't cope with much. She was such a great support to Allison but never once bottom lined with Allison to say "hey what's going on here, this isn't normal" . It did not make sense to me.

There ya go! <modsnip>

Love and praise to the Dickies having to sit through that filth being said about their daughter.

Power to Mr and Mrs Dickie

:rocker:

I am interested to know if any sleuths here went to court during the Sica trial or the Morcombe trial? How did the numbers of public attendees compare? The public seating in the courtrooms is so minimal, but I don't think I ever read of extra courtrooms being available in these trials. It fascinates me that the public is so interested in this case and Allison's story.

I went to 2 days of the Morcombe trial and both times got a seat in the main courtroom public seating. I think there was a separate media room but not overflow room for the public. So this GBC case has huge public interest.

I went to 2 days of the Morcombe trial and both times got a seat in the main courtroom public seating. I think there was a separate media room but not overflow room for the public. So this GBC case has huge public interest.

GBC was a 'pillar of the community'. There have to be a lot of secondary victims.

Strange stuff occurring.
Possible media person approached jury member.
GBC wanting notes passed to jury.
Final witness of 3 for the defense WOW!!

Certainly makes me think of that bomb threat back at his bail application heading in a more sinister manner. I don't think anything he does could surprise me anymore!

I'm almost caught up from yesterday afternoon! Very late I know, but I much appreciated the laughs I got from Websleuthers speculation on what GBC's note contained :floorlaugh:

GBC was a 'pillar of the community'. There have to be a lot of secondary victims.

IMO the B-C 'truth' is the whole suicide line of thought. I think they believed they'd be astonishing everyone with their combined efforts to paint a picture of a long and troubled history with depression and not coping with life in general. I don't think their testimonies had the desired affect at all.
:notgood:

BINGO! Yes that's what their 'truth' is.

DOH I'm dumb. :blushing:

Premeditated slander.

Last reminder on this before time outs start happening.

Derogatory Name Changes to Case Players/General Name Calling

In an effort to keep case discussion constructive, name calling, general bashing and using derogatory name variations for any of the case players is not tolerated. Regardless of how we may feel about many of the people that are the focus of our discussion here,it is always best to elevate the conversation and avoid this type of posting behavior. Feel free to express your displeasure with individuals that are being discussed, just avoid petty nastiness,name calling, name changes and over the top rude posts directed at case players.

Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Hi all, long-time lurker and have been following the trial through Websleuths and other media.

A couple of things bother me and I was wondering whether anybody here had picked up on them as well. I have been trawling through the Baden-Clay threads to find comment to no avail, so if anybody has commented on these matters previously, feel free to point me in the right direction.

The first matter relates to inconsistencies in the defendant's statements to police about his morning ablutions.

In Constable Ash's statement, he states at (15):

"Gerard then told Police that he had been out searching for Allison in her car, the silver Holden Captiva that was reverse parked in under the carport. Gerard said that he had driven around a few of the local streets that Allison normally walked along. He said that he couldn’t find her and had to return home to get his daughters up, give them breakfast and get them ready for school, as well as get himself ready by having a '****, shower and shave'."

Ergo: the defendant told Constable Ash that he conducted a brief search of the local area for the Allison before returning home to get his daughters ready for school and perform his morning ablutions (which includes shaving).

In the recorded interview with Sgt Jackson and Sen Sgt Curtis, the defendant is asked "What time did you get up?" and gives the following response:

"Just after 6.00am … I do my usual, excuse me, ****, shower and shave in the morning, this morning was no different. I check all my emails when I’m sitting on the toilet. I did that. Um then um, and then I was rushing cause the, I needed … to get all the girls up. S <modsnip> got up. And then I cut myself."

Ergo: the defendant told Sgt Jackson and Sen Sgt Curtis that he performed his ablutions soon after getting up, and this is when he cut himself shaving.

The two statements to police (made within about 30 minutes of one another) are clearly inconsistent and I was wondering what the prosecution had to say about this?

The second matter relates to the defendant's evidence under cross-examination when asked by Mr Fuller whether he was anxious to get back to his children after allegedly transporting Allison to Kholo Creek and dumping her underneath the bridge. The defendant's response is:

"The suggestion that I would leave my children for any time, in the middle of the night, is absurd ..."

However, the defendant had admitted to Constable Ash that he had left his children alone in the house in the early morning to search for the missing Allison. This point was not pursued by Mr Fuller - can anybody allude as to why?

Have these matters been discussed elsewhere?

A great post.

So one scenario is: GBC was out searching, the girls were left at home, NBC arrived at some point as he was there with them when GBC arrived home, GBC then had to shave. So NBC (and maybe someone else he spoke to/who saw him while searching? was there anyone?) saw him that morning before those nasty scratches were inflicted? There seem to be very many different versions of the sequence of events.

So I am going out on a limb to observe that in the photos and videos of G corresponding to when there wasn't intimacy in his marriage he looks like a tub of lard that needed a machine to help him breathe at night.

and another thing , while I am peeved... the day before, Alison had to pick up Olivia from the hospital.. Olivia being a migraine sufferer... bad enough to be hospitalised.. how debilitating is that, but after some hours of babble re ALison not driving ,apparently, Alison drives to the hospital to pick up Olivia ..

unless ALison walked there and carried Olivia back to mum and dads..

I just don't get it.

Look what Allison's good deed got her. Peeved Trooper? Only peeved? I could honestly throw a brick right now.

:bricks:

It's a wonder Allison's wasn't found with a knife in her back.

What date did Allison pick up OW from hospital please?

Christ wife said she was talking to Allison on the morning she disappeared at the school and said she had picked OW up at the hospital.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Denie67