GBC Trial General Discussion Thread #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Christ wife said she was talking to Allison on the morning she disappeared at the school and said she had picked OW up at the hospital.

Is she in the BC camp? I think I remember photos of her walking out of court after her husband gave evidence. The Three C friends? Could be mistaken.

I am interested to know if any sleuths here went to court during the Sica trial or the Morcombe trial? How did the numbers of public attendees compare? The public seating in the courtrooms is so minimal, but I don't think I ever read of extra courtrooms being available in these trials. It fascinates me that the public is so interested in this case and Allison's story.

Thinking, will there be a public outcry if justice isn't served. Will the court be closed for the verdict??

Is she in the BC camp? I think I remember photos of her walking out of court after her husband gave evidence. The Three C friends? Could be mistaken.

Her husband is owed money if that is being in the camp:

Agreed, but it's got to make you wonder if he's been watching the Oscar P trial in his comfy chair back at AG and thinking he'd be better off in a hospital wing rather than mainstream prison......

I am not sure how things run in South Africa but this couldn't happen at this stage of the trial. Basically 'insanity' pleas are obvious to both the defence and prosecution and usually a jury isn't even needed in these cases. From just getting a few bits of information from a news report about a murder, I can usually tell if they will be a patient at the hospital I work at. Occasionally 'insanity' pleas are challenged by the prosecution and then a jury is needed. I'm trying to think of recent cases that I could link you to where a jury was needed. I'll get a link later. GBC would have had to state he was making this type of plea and then present psychiatric reports that backed up that he killed ABC due to a mental illness and that it met the criteria set out in McNaughton's rule.

http://www.law.cornell.edu/background/insane/insanity.html

Fiona Christ was one of several people who spoke to Allison that Thursday and said she seemed fine.

My understanding was the morning of the 19th. She was well enough to go out for dinner that evening though. My opinion only

Christ wife said she was talking to Allison on the morning she disappeared at the school and said she had picked OW up at the hospital.

OW said on the stand it was the Sunday night she got a migraine and Allison picked her up on the Monday. It's all good, I was wondering if it would throw out what happened the 18th or 19th. Well, what they said happened at least.

http://m.couriermail.com.au/news/qu...ing-wife-allison/story-fnihsrf2-1226955474656

Yes Sosocurious, you're right - it is one of the money lender friends.

However, Mrs Baden-Walton said she observed the Baden-Clays’ marriage was “strained” by their differing parenting styles.

She said that while her brother was dedicated to enforcing a strict routine with his girls, Allison had trouble sticking to it.

“She had difficulty parenting and running a home and the pressures of life seemed to be too much for her and (were) overwhelming,” Mrs Baden-Walton said.

More helpful reading -

http://samvak.tripod.com/narcissistroutine.html

"The behaviour of the narcissist is regulated by a series of routines developed by rote learning and by repetitive patterns of experience. The narcissist finds change extremely distasteful and unsettling. He is a creature of habit. The function of these routines is to reduce his anxiety by transforming a hostile and arbitrary world into a hospitable and manageable one."

Her husband is owed money if that is being in the camp:

Thanks SS, yes but didn't he not get that money back? Friends agreement or something? Yet I'm sure, and will have to go back and check, that I saw them walking out of court with OW?

Thanks SS, yes but didn't he not get that money back? Friends agreement or something? Yet I'm sure, and will have to go back and check, that I saw them walking out of court with OW?

No refunds. The money is gonskis.

So I am going out on a limb to observe that in the photos and videos of G corresponding to when there wasn't intimacy in his marriage he looks like a tub of lard that needed a machine to help him breathe at night.

He certainly looks like that now :facepalm:

You are such a clever, compassionate and witty bunch. I have officially abandoned my nightly fiction in favour of WS.

A few things:

1. Fuller IS a supersmartstonecoldfox.

2. The NOTE/S. As to that reportedly made out to the jury (did I really just type that? A NOTE to the JURY?! Either he has seen that attempted on some (misleading) B-grade crime show, in which case he sure knows what a crime scene is OR he has again made legal history...), my best guess as to its content, given the timing, would be that it claimed 'it all came out wrong/you gotta believe me'. Dissemble, deflect, placate. You get the drill. As to the other, to His Honour (?!) regarding the app, of ALL the things over those four days he reckons he might wanna correct the record about, take another bite at the cherry over, it's the APP? As Trooper says, 'it's not even wrong'!

3. Re: the significance of the impending Toni/Allison collision. That whole potentiality was DIRECTLY related to money. Hearing GBC flat out deny ANY concern (contrary to prior statements and all commonsense) makes me think he was completely preoccupied with it on the 19th. That afternoon and early evening's calls were taken up with it. He told Allison to take herself off for a coffee post appointment (a strange suggestion, given all we know). If you also keep in mind Allison's REALLY brave, bold and thereto unprecedented calling out of GBC just the day before (having fun with your companion, no seats down), the fact that she clearly wanted to look 'just so' for this conference and that she THOUGHT she had a recently opened line of communication with GBC, you can imagine a situation in which a newly emboldened Allison picks her moment, over, say, the washing up, to say something like 'I suppose that Toni will be there tomorrow', or worse, something to the effect that she was looking forward to seeing Toni. I do accept that Toni was more likely than not to steer clear of Allison that day. HOWEVER, I think (and I think it had occurred to GBC) that Allison MIGHT JUST have had the guts and inclination to approach Toni. That would have spelt certain discovery of the renewed affair, Allison no doubt walking out, with the girls and taking any asset worth taking, including her insurances. I am 99% convinced that the conference was the catalyst for events that evening. Equals motive. Urgent motive :(

The WS poll has 10% not guilty. That would be 1.2 jurors dissent. The judge can accept a majority verdict, where 11 of 12 agree. This might be what we are in for?

I think the issue is, has it been proved beyond a reasonable doubt, the GBC did it? There is no suggestion that anyone else had, or could have had a hand in it, and the notion of suicide and winding up under that bridge is absurd. I think you may remove a reasonable doubt, given the weight of other evidence.

when she gave evidence which I was there to hear. She did not once criticise GBC in any way but certainly explained in great detail Allison's difficulties. It was strange. She was doing an awful lot to help Allison, looking after her kids, Allison and cooking for them as Allison couldn't cope with much. She was such a great support to Allison but never once bottom lined with Allison to say "hey what's going on here, this isn't normal" . It did not make sense to me.

Did GBC make mention of the help his sister gave him and Allison. Perhaps he did, and I just can't recall, but the only person he ever seemed to give credit to in his hours and hours of testimony was himself.

I am not sure how things run in South Africa but this couldn't happen at this stage of the trial. Basically 'insanity' pleas are obvious to both the defence and prosecution and usually a jury isn't even needed in these cases. From just getting a few bits of information from a news report about a murder, I can usually tell if they will be a patient at the hospital I work at. Occasionally 'insanity' pleas are challenged by the prosecution and then a jury is needed. I'm trying to think of recent cases that I could link you to where a jury was needed. I'll get a link later. GBC would have had to state he was making this type of plea and then present psychiatric reports that backed up that he killed ABC due to a mental illness and that it met the criteria set out in McNaughton's rule.

http://www.law.cornell.edu/background/insane/insanity.html

OT I know but one that I know of was the trial for Darcey Freeman. Her father Arthur Freeman pleaded not guilty by mental impairment - claimed to be in a dissociative state - and it was tried by jury. Freeman had one psychiatrist tell the court he had "very probably" dissociated, and five that didn't believe it. He was found guilty of murder by the jury. And now please excuse me while I go and have a teary for little Darcey because on the odd occasion I think of her it always breaks my heart :(

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...029669369?nk=566851d676892f20e13e395494d915d6

Did GBC make mention of the help his sister gave him and Allison. Perhaps he did, and I just can't recall, but the only person he ever seemed to give credit to in his hours and hours of testimony was himself.

No he did 90, 95, 100% well except breastfeed obviously!

OT I know but one that I know of was the trial for Darcey Freeman. Her father Arthur Freeman pleaded not guilty by mental impairment - claimed to be in a dissociative state - and it was tried by jury. Freeman had one psychiatrist tell the court he had "very probably" dissociated, and five that didn't believe it. He was found guilty of murder by the jury. And now please excuse me while I go and have a teary for little Darcey because on the odd occasion I think of her it always breaks my heart :(

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...029669369?nk=566851d676892f20e13e395494d915d6

Correct BB. Terribly sad case. Just one of an ever increasing number of parents killing their kids in an act of 'ultimate' revenge. I am anti capital punishment, but these type of killings really test my resolve on that stance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kzrrz