General Discussion and Theories #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Det.-Sgt. Matt Kavanaugh...just copied it directly....please look t my post ...soory cannot keep repeating it all...vacation time again...bye for a bit again...robynhood....and I do know what I am typing...not on an mobile....Jfyi....robynhood....

my post 556.....has the whole article...robynhood

Sorry, robynhood, I don't see anything in that article you posted about him being killed in the truck or that the seats were removed. Only that Det. Kavanaugh said he believes he died on the night he went missing.

JMO

Here is the one about the seats missing. I assume he isn't with Hamilton police either, since Hamilton wouldn't comment on it.

A police source told CBC News that investigators believe Bosma may have been killed as the result of an attempted carjacking.

The same police source said that Bosma's truck was found with seats missing. A spokesperson for Hamilton police wouldn't comment on this information.

http://www.cbc.ca/hamilton/news/story/2013/05/16/hamilton-tim-bosma-case-analyzed.html

JMO

So are you saying you believe MS was involved? You responded to the poster's post regarding MS... What makes you believe MS was capable, but not DM if you don't mind my asking? Interesting...:eek:hwow::cow:

I believe lots of things Swedie! My wheels, they just keep on spinnin'.

I believe that unless this murder is on video tape somewhere, the accused are innocent until proven guilty and I will try as I might to find ways to understand this story from every perspective.

In my hypotheses about framings and such that I ponder, half my scenarios include an innocent Smich, the other half a guilty one. Hey, I like to be fair.
:fence:

Why do I lean toward MS as being guiltier? The police record, the image he wants to portray with that moniker, plus from the FB pics I've seen he seems to be a hardcore druggie and proud of it, so I'd say he might be more desperate for something and might be more likely to live in a different reality.

Surely I've picked DM apart too and he could have some issues but based on what I've seen of both, MS is the likelier criminal because he already is one. That may not be fair to say at all I dont know him and he could be a petty thief and a druggie but no murderer. You asked, I answered.

All MOO.

Maybe the plan was just to show TB a weapon and they hoped he would comply, get out of the truck leaving them to be on their way. That is what I said in my post 540, HTH. Why would there have to be blood on the road or bush somewhere? :waitasec: If TB refused to get out of his truck they could have just murdered him right there in his truck.

We have never heard whether a weapon was used, but I can assume one was used taking into account the reports which claim TB was murdered in his truck and also the fact the seats were removed from his truck. It takes an open mind to come to these theories, drawing conclusions and reading between the lines the grainy information MSM put out there. So what are the perps or one perp doing carrying around a concealed, weapon if they had no intention of using it? Someone premeditated a plan. Threat...yes quite possibly, murder...yes, quite possibly. Both highly susceptible. All :moo:

The following are Moo:

1st bolded, by me: re my thinking blood on the road etc. I wrote this before Alethea's reminder that the LE source was unreliable, particularly since Kavanagh himself refuted this LE source's other information re thrill kill. But let's suppose the test drive goes like it did in Etobicoke the day before and the owner is in the front passenger seat. Then lets suppose this rumour from the unreliable LE source is actually true and the two back seats were taken out. If TB did not cooperate and was killed in the truck, he would have been killed in the front seat, or else we would have heard it was the front seat that was missing. The fact that he put up a struggle, leads me to believe he wasn't getting out and had to be removed. Then there is this nugget that was reported once early on by MSM regarding the neighbour that heard something shortly after TB went missing. Even with MSM desperate to speak to ANYONE, we never heard from, or about, this neighbour again, which leads me to think this individual's testimony may be used in court and is currently banned from publication. So why do I bring this up? Those lots are large. If the neighbour heard something, it wasn't from inside the Ram (plus I suspect windows were up). What if TB refused to get out, was then physically removed, then he puts up a fight and purposely gets loud which angers perps and leads to a serious injury (stabbing?)? He would then be placed in the back seat to either bleed out or for the death to be completed. Sorry for the graphic content, I even edited out parts because it made me quite upset and sick.

2nd bold, Swedie's: sure the murderer may have arrived with a weapon, but why must we assume this weapon was on the persons who arrived for the test drive? The scenario above, for example, could have been initiated by someone else. Regardless, the weapon could have just been something intended to threaten, thereby motivating the victim to comply, and got used only after TB created a new threat. Or, in the case of a frame, it was brought there to kill TB so DM could live his life incarcerated.

I believe lots of things Swedie! My wheels, they just keep on spinnin'.

I believe that unless this murder is on video tape somewhere, the accused are innocent until proven guilty and I will try as I might to find ways to understand this story from every perspective.

In my hypotheses about framings and such that I ponder, half my scenarios include an innocent Smich, the other half a guilty one. Hey, I like to be fair.
:fence:

Why do I lean toward MS as being guiltier? The police record, the image he wants to portray with that moniker, plus from the FB pics I've seen he seems to be a hardcore druggie and proud of it, so I'd say he might be more desperate for something and might be more likely to live in a different reality.

Surely I've picked DM apart too and he could have some issues but based on what I've seen of both, MS is the likelier criminal because he already is one. That may not be fair to say at all I dont know him and he could be a petty thief and a druggie but no murderer. You asked, I answered.

All MOO.
Just back to online life for a couple days! Snoofo..IMO Swedie makes a valid point. IMHO, in jail, DM & MS are more equal than ever, sharing the threat of prosecution for a very sick crime. IMO, DM may have developed a sense of infallibility and unaccountability. Being raised as an only child/grandchild, having hundreds of thousands of dollars in planes and hangars to use as a playground, just bombing around in the Company's helicopter for kicks, having his bank account padded by an inheritance in his mid 20's & experiencing the power, respect and self importance that money can buy.

Perhaps he was a criminal who was always able to avoid getting caught because of who he was. IMO, MS simply completed DM's picture, being a risk taker with the cops, bad boy image, a petty criminal. JMHO, but if they were both feeding off this synergy-trying to show each other just how important, bad and powerful they were in there own ways, I can easily see how it ended up the way it did, and IMHO, they're both exactly where they should be.

Considering that there were 2 of them and one of them had to take TB's last breath, there was still a lot of time for the other to come forward when TB's family and friends were begging on National TV for his safe return. Certainly if DM was the upstanding citizen DP claims, he wouldn't have had a problem contacting police. Even if some "evil force" was manipulating everything around him, he could have retained a lawyer immediately and assisted the police. As we know, neither did. The fact that they would have driven by the posters on Tinsmith Crt to park the trailer? IMO, it takes a dangerous and special mentality to drive by "missing" posters of the man who's charred remains are in your field and who's truck is hidden in the trailer you're dropping off. JMHO, but maybe DM was showing MS just how bad he could be? All the money in the world doesn't buy mental health. MOO

Then again, it's highly possible TB never got the option of getting out of his truck or be killed... the perps just killed him. MOO.

People can take what they want from the articles in the MSM. There is nothing to prove or disprove the information from the sources is not factual. So much of this case comes from sources with a bit of peppered info from LE. The source very well could have been LE media spokesperson. Or that the reporter did not get the source's name, or chose not to ask, did ask but asked not to divulge name in MSM. Just because the source is not named, doesn't mean they are not legit. To some, if it doesn't come from the horse's mouth, it's not true or legit. HTH and MOO.

Welcome back MsSherlock! :seeya: I've missed your logic and wisdom.

Welcome back MsSherlock! :seeya: I've missed your logic and wisdom.
Thanks Swedie :eek:nline: Too much R & R can be dangerous! MOO Nice to be back for a bit!

On your last post about sources vs MSM- I agree and IMO, the better the journalist, the better and more dependable the unnamed "source". As an example, I hold a position on a Board. After a decision is made, often the media will contact various Board members, but since we have a spokesperson, that's the only person that can make an official statement. It is possible that information could get leaked to the media by a Board member, but it would be completely "off the record" and if the reporter wants to continue getting a bit of inside info, he doesn't breach the trust. Would it be accurate? Yes.

Would it be something that the Chairman and CEO like reported? Maybe not and then on the other hand, it can be totally sanctioned by the powers to be and used as a strategy to leak bits and pieces out without including it in an official statement to MSM. In this case a "source" to the Star stated that TB was killed in the truck. Would this reporter report anything from anyone? IMO, when you piece the seats missing and the "source's" report, the dots connect pretty fast. MOO

The following are Moo:

1st bolded, by me: re my thinking blood on the road etc. I wrote this before Alethea's reminder that the LE source was unreliable, particularly since Kavanagh himself refuted this LE source's other information re thrill kill. But let's suppose the test drive goes like it did in Etobicoke the day before and the owner is in the front passenger seat. Then lets suppose this rumour from the unreliable LE source is actually true and the two back seats were taken out. If TB did not cooperate and was killed in the truck, he would have been killed in the front seat, or else we would have heard it was the front seat that was missing. The fact that he put up a struggle, leads me to believe he wasn't getting out and had to be removed. Then there is this nugget that was reported once early on by MSM regarding the neighbour that heard something shortly after TB went missing. Even with MSM desperate to speak to ANYONE, we never heard from, or about, this neighbour again, which leads me to think this individual's testimony may be used in court and is currently banned from publication. So why do I bring this up? Those lots are large. If the neighbour heard something, it wasn't from inside the Ram (plus I suspect windows were up). What if TB refused to get out, was then physically removed, then he puts up a fight and purposely gets loud which angers perps and leads to a serious injury (stabbing?)? He would then be placed in the back seat to either bleed out or for the death to be completed. Sorry for the graphic content, I even edited out parts because it made me quite upset and sick.

2nd bold, Swedie's: sure the murderer may have arrived with a weapon, but why must we assume this weapon was on the persons who arrived for the test drive? The scenario above, for example, could have been initiated by someone else. Regardless, the weapon could have just been something intended to threaten, thereby motivating the victim to comply, and got used only after TB created a new threat. Or, in the case of a frame, it was brought there to kill TB so DM could live his life incarcerated.

Respectfully, some people seem to want to pick and choice articles which suit them and their theory. IMO I take them all into consideration and compare and weigh each one. So now we cannot believe LE or sources or LE spokespersons, neighbours, business people who dealt with DM over business affairs and possibly personal affairs, employees of Millardair and reporters? Should we just scrap all information? :doh: Kav may have refuted that theory because it seems questionable at that time. It very well could be the conclusion LE have determined now. "Going to steal a truck and if the victim doesn't cooperate, we kill him just for the thrill of it". At that time LE were trying to piece together whether it was a couple of bozos out to just steal a truck, or using the truck as an excuse to get someone alone to murder them for the thrill of it. Does that make sense now the way I explained it? I HTH.

MPO TB didn't have a choice. If he had, he wouldn't have chosen to fight over a lemon of a truck. I believe from things I've heard and read about him, he was very amicable, a loving, easy going, real family man who would have wanted to just go home to his beautiful wife and precious little girl. I would put up a struggle also if someone, let's say, wrapped something around my throat to try and strangle me, or held a knife to my neck while their other arm was wrapped around my neck in a choke hold The perps killed him because they didn't want to take the chance of one more person IDing them. Thankfully news reports were out there the next day and SB had people with her in her home. I fear what may have happened to her should she have not had people staying with her. One more less witness. ALL MOO.

Thanks Swedie :eek:nline: Too much R & R can be dangerous! MOO Nice to be back for a bit!

On your last post about sources vs MSM- I agree and IMO, the better the journalist, the better and more dependable the unnamed "source". As an example, I hold a position on a Board. After a decision is made, often the media will contact various Board members, but since we have a spokesperson, that's the only person that can make an official statement. It is possible that information could get leaked to the media by a Board member, but it would be completely "off the record" and if the reporter wants to continue getting a bit of inside info, he doesn't breach the trust. Would it be accurate? Yes.

Would it be something that the Chairman and CEO like reported? Maybe not and then on the other hand, it can be totally sanctioned by the powers to be and used as a strategy to leak bits and pieces out without including it in an official statement to MSM. In this case a "source" to the Star stated that TB was killed in the truck. Would this reporter report anything from anyone? IMO, when you piece the seats missing and the "source's" report, the dots connect pretty fast. MOO

Yes, exactly MsSherlock. I never thought of it that way but that is absolutely how it works. Another example: Years ago I worked in a highly confidential mental health facility, and we were not allowed to speak to anyone outside the agency about anything that went on inside the facility. Everything was handled with and through the Executive Director. The only people we were allowed to speak with was LE and when they wrote out reports they were kept strictly confidential. When information hit the MSM, no names were allowed to be reported concerning victims or workers or the facility itself. Everything was classified as the victim, witness or the source or at the facility. But when a meeting came up about the issue, anyone sitting in on the meeting, not tied to our confidentiality code, they were free to discuss it with the media. Glad you brought that up as it made me recall.

Who is the source within LE that is being quoted here, please, which officer?

It doesn't say the source is within LE. The source is not involved in the investigation it says.

So the source could be a reporter who spoke with an officer, relaying information about the investigation. The source could be the LE media spokesperson. The source could be another officer who was there observing. Could be a nosy neighbour who spoke with a LE officer. Could have been one of DM or MS's buddies. Doesn't mean it's not legit to what was reported. HTH and MOO. And you see also, Kav also tried to right any wrong to this particular source. ;)

Days before the body of Tim Bosma was discovered, Hamilton police speculated that he may have been murdered in a so-called thrill kill, a source has told the Star.
The source, who is not involved in the investigation, said police were considering that theory after Dellen Millard, 27, was arrested on May 11 in Mississauga.
But the lead investigator in the case denied that police were looking at the possibility the homicide may have been just for a thrill.
“I don’t know the motive for this,” Det. Sgt. Matt Kavanagh said Thursday. “I don’t even know what thrill kill means. It’s not been discussed. Where it’s coming from, I don’t know.”
Also according to the source, police said after Bosma’s body was found that they believed he was killed in his truck following a struggle.

The following are Moo:

Thanks for reminding me of that tidbit Snoofo! IMO, this may be one of those examples of evidence that we'll have to wait for. Was it a scream for help? Slamming truck doors? Squealing tires? Perhaps if it was a neighbour, the second vehicle was parked close by. IMO, whatever it was to get the attention of a neighbour only serves to hit home the horrific nature of this crime. MOO

Yes Althea when I look back on the article I posted you are correct as other posters explained it mentions the officer I quoted( cut & pasted his name ) ...as he is the lead INVESTIAGATOR....again you are correct as it Does NOT specifically say as I thought it did that Tim Bosma was killed in his truck...I apologize...there....I will search later to see if I can find MORE......

However I agree with Swede and other posters above me....AS a" HIGHLY SPecilized teacher "we are OFTEN limited by the largest SCHOOL BOARD in the province of SOUTHERN ONT...as to what we can say to the press...HUGELY by my our BOARD POLICIES....!

....PLUS I am also HUGELY limited by the Teacher Federation of Ont....as a specialist in special ED ...I often have a tremendous amount of KNOWLEDGE I am unable to communicate to the PUBLIC......

......I want to remind you all as you already KNOW this is a huge CRIMINAL Investigation....UNDER a PB so therefore YOU will never see or hear what lies on those video tapes the LE HOLD in their possession....and they do have many....from the stores in the downtown area where TB traveled that night.....and home security systems on DM mom's street.....

these video tapes will enter the court when the trial begins...and possible during prelimainary hearings..

***AS WE have seen in previous trials( thinking of Tori's) ...that was never made PUBLIC knowledge BEFORE......the trial...

IMO we are going to see mega INFO at this time....In a hurry must run ...down to the city today...robynhood.

The following are Moo:

BBM

Respectfully, as per the bolded part, I believe the article kindly provided by you did not specify weather it was the front or rear seats (or both) that were removed:

The same police source said that Bosma's truck was found with seats missing. A spokesperson for Hamilton police wouldn't comment on this information

http://www.cbc.ca/hamilton/news/story/2013/05/16/hamilton-tim-bosma-case-analyzed.html

Great article btw!

So here's another theory for the mill. Please don't pile on all at once - I haven't figured out the nuances yet. Assume for the moment, whatever the information source that the truck, not TB, was the object of the crime. What is so unique about this truck? We know its year, make, model etc. We know it had some mechanical elements which could be useful in another vehicle, but no particular justification for this seems sensible. We know, according to SB, that loan payments were still being made on it. We know it was a lemon, also according to SB. But the most important thing - essential to my theory du jour - is that, when found, the rear seat was missing! So let's say MS, not exactly the sharpest tack on the wall, has got himself indebted to some very bad trade. They can make things right for him, though. All he has to do is locate a particular truck that an "associate" of theirs is interested in finding. They describe it for MS who knows nada about trucks but who turns to his acquaintance DM to help find a vehicle exactly as described. MS is not so stupid as not to realize the Black Hat intention is probably to steal the truck, so he's careful to try and shield his identity but even he must be puzzled by the fact that the trucks they identify are apparently not acceptable. Actually, neither DM or MS is ever aware that it's not the truck that interests the Black Hats' Mr Big, it's the rear seat! Because in that rear seat is stashed what have you - drugs, cash, weapons - stuff never found by LE when Mr Big was hauled off to the slammer. Now that he's released, he is very, very highly motivated to get back.

Now we've found the right truck.

The trouble for TB arises when Mr Big checks out that rear seat. It's empty.

Of course there are other details - access to the hangar, knowledge of the farm's location and of MB's residence etc. But that part of the setup could have been in place even before there was a murder involved, the initial intention having been just to pin a truck robbery on DM, if necessary. That is probably much more information than would have been available to a minor acquaintance like MS, but there are other closer possibilities that could easily fill that bill.

IMO, some sleuthing about influential gangsters just released from prison could be interesting particularly if there should be matching information prior to incarceration about drugs, cash or weapons never recovered by LE.

Find that seat and potentially solve a murder, imo.

Thoughts?

So here's another theory for the mill. Please don't pile on all at once - I haven't figured out the nuances yet. Assume for the moment, whatever the information source that the truck, not TB, was the object of the crime. What is so unique about this truck? We know its year, make, model etc. We know it had some mechanical elements which could be useful in another vehicle, but no particular justification for this seems sensible. We know, according to SB, that loan payments were still being made on it. We know it was a lemon, also according to SB. But the most important thing - essential to my theory du jour - is that, when found, the rear seat was missing! So let's say MS, not exactly the sharpest tack on the wall, has got himself indebted to some very bad trade. They can make things right for him, though. All he has to do is locate a particular truck that an "associate" of theirs is interested in finding. They describe it for MS who knows nada about trucks but who turns to his acquaintance DM to help find a vehicle exactly as described. MS is not so stupid as not to realize the Black Hat intention is probably to steal the truck, so he's careful to try and shield his identity but even he must be puzzled by the fact that the trucks they identify are apparently not acceptable. Actually, neither DM or MS is ever aware that it's not the truck that interests the Black Hats' Mr Big, it's the rear seat! Because in that rear seat is stashed what have you - drugs, cash, weapons - stuff never found by LE when Mr Big was hauled off to the slammer. Now that he's released, he is very, very highly motivated to get back.

Now we've found the right truck.

The trouble for TB arises when Mr Big checks out that rear seat. It's empty.

Of course there are other details - access to the hangar, knowledge of the farm's location and of MB's residence etc. But that part of the setup could have been in place even before there was a murder involved, the initial intention having been just to pin a truck robbery on DM, if necessary. That is probably much more information than would have been available to a minor acquaintance like MS, but there are other closer possibilities that could easily fill that bill.

IMO, some sleuthing about influential gangsters just released from prison could be interesting particularly if there should be matching information prior to incarceration about drugs, cash or weapons never recovered by LE.

Find that seat and potentially solve a murder, imo.

Thoughts?

IMO, it is an extreme stretch to assume the particular truck with the stash in the seat-front or back since it's not confirmed which were removed-just happened to be posted for sale at or around the same time 'Mr Big' is released from prison. Not to mention without the VIN number of the truck that was being sought after, there is really no other way to verify it would be the one wanted, since plates would be different with a new owner.

And finally, even if it were listed online for sale, it would be most likely 'Mr Big' knew what colour the truck was prior, and would mention that to whomever he asked to find it. BO's truck was red, TB's truck was black, and no idea what colour the 3rd truck was,(the one where owner missed call for test drive).

I have not seen any of the kijiji ads, but I do know myself that I have posted ads on kijiji, and I provide as much detail as possible, as well as a picture, to narrow down random replies of people asking these types of questions.

All in all, a bit like searching for a needle in a haystack if you ask me. :moo:

IMO, it is an extreme stretch to assume the particular truck with the stash in the seat-front or back since it's not confirmed which were removed-just happened to be posted for sale at or around the same time 'Mr Big' is released from prison. Not to mention without the VIN number of the truck that was being sought after, there is really no other way to verify it would be the one wanted, since plates would be different with a new owner.

And finally, even if it were listed online for sale, it would be most likely 'Mr Big' knew what colour the truck was prior, and would mention that to whomever he asked to find it. BO's truck was red, TB's truck was black, and no idea what colour the 3rd truck was,(the one where owner missed call for test drive).

I have not seen any of the kijiji ads, but I do know myself that I have posted ads on kijiji, and I provide as much detail as possible, as well as a picture, to narrow down random replies of people asking these types of questions.

All in all, a bit like searching for a needle in a haystack if you ask me. :moo:

Good points all. Maybe it was the VIN, known only to Mr Big, that would be the identifier. Colour is arguably irrelevant with an old truck, especially if somebody found a stash in the back seat(s). Abscond with the dough and paint the truck would seem like a plan. Of course we have no way of knowing how many underlings or debtors of Mr Big may have had searching for this truck, or for how long. Also, come to think of it, maybe he's not released yet. This sort of housekeeping could theoretically be carried out by a trusted underling - I say theoretically only because I'm not sure how much trust actually exists between folks in these gangs when untethered money and drugs are lying around.

Dunno. Just a thought.

Good points all. Maybe it was the VIN, known only to Mr Big, that would be the identifier. Colour is arguably irrelevant with an old truck, especially if somebody found a stash in the back seat(s). Abscond with the dough and paint the truck would seem like a plan. Of course we have no way of knowing how many underlings or debtors of Mr Big may have had searching for this truck, or for how long. Also, come to think of it, maybe he's not released yet. This sort of housekeeping could theoretically be carried out by a trusted underling - I say theoretically only because I'm not sure how much trust actually exists between folks in these gangs when untethered money and drugs are lying around.

Dunno. Just a thought.
IMO, there's also a possibility that there wasn't a big bad "Mr. Big" nor a stash of cash that was missing but rather a DM that just wanted to experience something that money can't buy-the thrill of a real kill-the power felt when a grown man knows his life in in your hands. Doesn't get much more powerful than that. After all, the games on Steam could loose their excitement after a while. He simply needed a more seedy buddy like MS to go along for some moral support and drive the other car. JMHO

There are just to many things that had to have happened, IMO, for this to be such an elaborate set up, as some have suggested. Again, IMO, if there was any possibility of DM and/or MS having been framed for this murder, there would be something to support that theory out there. Instead there is only evidence pointing to the accused and currently incarcerated. How does all this evidence pointing to these two somehow explain that they must not be guilty?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro