General Discussion and Theories #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well they shouldn't even need that if they can determine the one played online after DM was detained.

To spell it out, I was trying to highlight another incident of identity theft of DM, even if this one was not used in the traditional sense. I didnt actually mean LE would miss that (well, considering some of the cops I know, I may take that back, lol).

Doesn't mean DM didn't share his account and password with some of his buddies. Kids do it all the time. They are naive enough to believe there is no harm in sharing this info. After all it's just a game to them. HTH and MOO.

I don't know much about trials in Canada; how much does that kind of thing get traced? How hard is it to obtain the records from service providers?

I do not personally know Hamilton PD's internet intel abilities. However "They" alone don't need them as the feds ,ie. RCMP or possibly OPP would have the ability to trace computer communications on their request just as with any other evidence.

There are ways for an individual to be "anonymous"(in layman's terms) but not absolutely in technical or LE/security terms and the individual has to know how to become "anonymous" at initial log in to the web.

ETA..........I'm not aware off the top of my head a particular trial case that I can quote. I do know they monitor and silo info off social sites, etc and make arrests per past MSM reports. I believe there is a Donnybrook currently between the a Chief and the Ombudsman over a cop and a social media site.

Hmm I wonder if DM was sporting any singed arm, chest or head hairs when picked up. Maybe a few burns or defensive wounds...? :doh: Sounds like someone known to DM called in the tip. Wonder what else they had to tell LE about DM?! :dunno:

Millard was arrested Friday afternoon in Mississauga. Police tracked him down from a tip that came in after they released a description of his unique "ambition" wrist tattoo.

http://m.thespec.com/news-story/287...e-seized-bosma-s-truck/#.UZBGZ115muM.facebook

If the trailer arrived between 9-30pm and 10-30 pm during the Leafs game then safe to say most blinds and curtains were closed (it would have been dark..... the game would have been playing...now doubt relatively loudly in many homes.... therefore IMO most of the neighbours would have seen the trailer for the first time on Thursday..... JMO

Mr Dimas clearly states he saw it arriving during the Leafs game.... I don`t know how much more accurate a guy needs to get.... JMO

:dunno:

Doesn't mean DM didn't share his account and password with some of his buddies. Kids do it all the time. They are naive enough to believe there is no harm in sharing this info. After all it's just a game to them. HTH and MOO.

You are absolutely right swedie :peace:
Since we've seen evidence that a friend/employee uses his email address and possibly the company credit card, why not gaming user profile too? Maybe DM never knew not to trust anyone with his personal information :shush: . Gosh I hope he didnt freely give out his bank PINs and other information. Lucky for him over $700k was taken out of his account around that time for the condo purchase. I wonder if his froends knew about that purchase? Imagine if that could have been accessed once he was detained...

Well they shouldn't even need that if they can determine the one played online after DM was detained.

To spell it out, I was trying to highlight another incident of identity theft of DM, even if this one was not used in the traditional sense. I didnt actually mean LE would miss that (well, considering some of the cops I know, I may take that back, lol).

Well, a gaming account can be played online from anywhere by anyone who has the password or other authentication means. An IP address trace would be better, although defeatable by a determined individual. But I'm not sure why this is really an issue, as I'm sure Archangel referred more to chat/email/communication etc that is demonstrably to or from DM. In-game communications are logged, at least via IP and gaming account, on major platforms or online games. In the US, however, emails, text messages and generic chat (such as google chat) are more likely to be used as evidence, from what I've seen lately,

You are absolutely right swedie :peace:
Since we've seen evidence that a friend/employee uses his email address and possibly the company credit card, why not gaming user profile too? Maybe DM never knew not to trust anyone with his personal information :shush: . Gosh I hope he didnt freely give out his bank PINs and other information. Lucky for him over $700k was taken out of his account around that time for the condo purchase. I wonder if his froends knew about that purchase? Imagine if that could have been accessed once he was detained...

Well it`s business as usual at the hangar apparently....so someone has keys and access to much of everything there.... gosh I hope they dont start selling things off.... :eek:verreaction:

Well, a gaming account can be played online from anywhere by anyone who has the password or other authentication means. An IP address trace would be better, although defeatable by a determined individual. But I'm not sure why this is really an issue, as I'm sure Archangel referred more to chat/email/communication etc that is demonstrably to or from DM. In-game communications are logged, at least via IP and gaming account, on major platforms or online games. In the US, however, emails, text messages and generic chat (such as google chat) are more likely to be used as evidence, from what I've seen lately,

IP address not very helpful with shared computers though...jmo

bbm

By that logic DM should have moved the vehicles(stolen or otherwise)from the hanger with the "heat" from AS and all the millions of dollars in contracts to be had being felt, but he didn't.

Do we really think it was a chop shop when AS was touring it?

I know many here chose to take AS's word as being the gospel, but I personally see a few discrepancies in his speech and wonder if there are more that aren't so obvious. We can agree to disagree about his status as an employee as well.

I imagine that prospective clients from around the world would not be showing up with less than a few hours notice. How long would it take for the employees to drive the cars out into the parking lot when and if AS ever actually produced a client?

I doubt police give notice before they show up, so it's not like they could wait for the police to call and then move the stolen vehicles and or a body. I don't think you can really compare the two instances that way, in my opinion.

If the trailer arrived between 9-30pm and 10-30 pm during the Leafs game then safe to say most blinds and curtains were closed (it would have been dark..... the game would have been playing...now doubt relatively loudly in many homes.... therefore IMO most of the neighbours would have seen the trailer for the first time on Thursday..... JMO

Mr Dimas clearly states he saw it arriving during the Leafs game.... I don`t know how much more accurate a guy needs to get.... JMO

Let's say he's smoker with a son, he is likely stepping outside when he can to smoke. Put him in good view of MB's house and he watched that thing roll up into the driveway. Or perhaps the lights annoyingly flashed in to his living room in an unusual fashion. He did report this to MSM. Regardless, as a group they can only say they all saw it there by Thursday.

And because he heard so much Thursday, he may have forgotten the game was Wednesday.

If LE reviewed videotape from DM's neighbours they can hopefully determine whether the group left by a certain time to go get the trailer and leave in Kleinberg or if they just went in to watch the playoff game at 7.

It seems like this conversation is about to turn in such a way as to imply that even if they find incriminating materials on DM's computers, devices, email accounts, etc., that they were (naturally) the result of someone impersonating him. I.e., we're about to get into a whole new chapter of bases the conspirators would have needed to cover and skills they would have needed to possess? Ninja hackers?

Yes, but so did Mr. C, who remembered he saw it when he returned from an engagement in Toronto. As I said, if I have to choose one account, since Mr. C lives next door, and since he's the one who called it in, I choose his. That's simply my personal opinion based on the reports.

Initially I believed the account of the neighbour who was watching the game on Wednesday (due to the time/place factor) ... HOWEVER, if Mr. C remembers seeing it when he returned home Thursday night, that tells us he didn't see it there earlier Thursday whenever he left to go to his meeting. His meeting can be collaborated by others in attendance.

Maybe the neighbours were watching a rerun :)

It seems like this conversation is about to turn in such a way as to imply that even if they find incriminating materials on DM's computers, devices, email accounts, etc., that they were (naturally) the result of someone impersonating him. I.e., we're about to get into a whole new chapter of bases the conspirators would have needed to cover and skills they would have needed to possess? Ninja hackers?

Well it`s not exactly like its totally out of the question IMO...... People use others emails and video game names all the time.... and phones for that matter. Especially people who are friends or people who know each other relatively well... JMO

Initially I believed the account of the neighbour who was watching the game on Wednesday (due to the time/place factor) ... HOWEVER, if Mr. C remembers seeing it when he returned home Thursday night, that tells us he didn't see it there earlier Thursday whenever he left to go to his meeting. His meeting can be collaborated by others in attendance.

Maybe the neighbours were watching a rerun :)
Or maybe FC left early in the am having backed into his garage and didnt care to look left as the road is a court..... OR he went to meeting straight from work.... OR he has a girlfriend and spent Weds night preferring games of his own rather than the Leafs game... Either way other neighbours say they SAW it arrive on Wednesday night...... eye witness testimony is always preferable IMO ...and this is the man AND his son... JMO...... I dont recall them saying it was a rerun.... I would imagine the reference to the game was how they were able to say when and what time it arrived JMO

I know many here chose to take AS's word as being the gospel, but I personally see a few discrepancies in his speech and wonder if there are more that aren't so obvious. We can agree to disagree about his status as an employee as well.

I imagine that prospective clients from around the world would not be showing up with less than a few hours notice. How long would it take for the employees to drive the cars out into the parking lot when and if AS ever actually produced a client?

I doubt police give notice before they show up, so it's not like they could wait for the police to call and then move the stolen vehicles and or a body. I don't think you can really compare the two instances that way, in my opinion.

Of course you can.

Once again........Many types of business entities are under strict Environmental, Safety, Security, Materials of construction, Management of Change including any Administrative Organization changes, Emergency response, Airworthiness Directives and on and on.

For example...me(as the ultimate person in charge) for sending FAA and TC governed airplanes to a MRO, I may be required to tour, review all categories above and document, prior to contract signing. This is to ensure airliners are handed over to safe, secure, reputable people with verified certifications.

The MRO for example could be under the same exact laws or more.

There is no fly by night cheat the system so DM can play room in that business, especially in the Company categories that fall under that law.

That cheat the system mentality was exactly the issue with BP and their dodging those laws in another area of potential danger...Oil, Atomic and Petrochemicals.

Why is it so hard to understand that commercial airliners are not to be naively treated, given their already known destructive potential.

It is worrisome that something so obviously necessary as getting personal vehicles out of a hanger constructed for multimillion dollar high tech public transit is so confusing to DM and others.

The semi final game was on at 7pm on a Wednesday HTH. Games are typically about 1 1/2 - 2 hours. I fail to understand why there would be a lot of noise in most homes. I know many hockey fans who sit and watch the game without making really any noise. In an arena, well that's a whole different ball game and that's JMHO. No pun intended. It was dark outside in early May between 7 and 9pm. Therefore we could theorize the neighbours saw headlights shining in their windows or heard the sound of a diesel motor if they had their windows open It was gorgeous weather May 8th, and the neighbourhood is a quiet cul de sac, certainly a large truck with a big diesel motor would attract attention. Voice may have also been heard and by the sounds of it, the neigbour(s) could have seen who was dropping of the trailer. I do hope that is the case as it would give LE three witnesses which we know of so far, BO, SB and MB's nosy neighbour. Maybe more than one neighbour witnessed the going ons at MB's house. Better yet, maybe being is such a upper class neighbourhood, here's hoping a neighbour has video surveillance. ;) IF MB was away, I'm certain her neighbours were aware and were keeping an eye on her place. That's just what nice, friendly, kind neighbours do for one another. MOO.

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/weather/historical-weather/canada/ontario/palmerston

Could be a long time considering by the sounds of it, many were in pieces. Hard to drive a vehicle without wheel or a motor I would think. Sounds like the place was a mess with car parts, motorcycle parts, collection of grampa's cars, jet skis, boat(s), tools, equipment, maybe a plane or two, a helicopter, ect. So you fill up the parking lot with junk and stolen property? :facepalm: Well if that wouldn't be a total turnoff and very unprofessional looking IMO. HTH.

The semi final game was on at 7pm on a Wednesday HTH. Games are typically about 1 1/2 - 2 hours. I fail to understand why there would be a lot of noise in most homes. I know many hockey fans who sit and watch the game without making really any noise. In an arena, well that's a whole different ball game and that's JMHO. No pun intended. It was dark outside in early May between 7 and 9pm. Therefore we could theorize the neighbours saw headlights shining in their windows or heard the sound of a diesel motor if they had their windows open It was gorgeous weather May 8th, and the neighbourhood is a quiet cul de sac, certainly a large truck with a big diesel motor would attract attention. Voice may have also been heard and by the sounds of it, the neigbour(s) could have seen who was dropping of the trailer. I do hope that is the case as it would give LE three witnesses which we know of so far, BO, SB and MB's nosy neighbour. Maybe more than one neighbour witnessed the going ons at MB's house. Better yet, maybe being is such a upper class neighbourhood, here's hoping a neighbour has video surveillance. ;) IF MB was away, I'm certain her neighbours were aware and were keeping an eye on her place. That's just what nice, friendly, kind neighbours do for one another. MOO.

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/weather/historical-weather/canada/ontario/palmerston

You know people who sit quietly through hockey playoff games?
:hand: Hold on, I thought you were Canadian, swedie!

Could be a long time considering by the sounds of it, many were in pieces. Hard to drive a vehicle without wheel or a motor I would think. Sounds like the place was a mess with car parts, motorcycle parts, collection of grampa's cars, jet skis, boat(s), tools, equipment, maybe a plane or two, a helicopter, ect. So you fill up the parking lot with junk and stolen property? :facepalm: Well if that wouldn't be a total turnoff and very unprofessional looking IMO. HTH.

I dunno Swedie, I've yet to see a Waterloo hangar shot that didnt look neat. The few cars looked like they could be driven outside quickly to park.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme