General Discussion and Theories #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
LSUC shows DP as a sole practitioner, so I can't quite figure out how/why his Tomken address is one and the same as the group trg legal. Anyone else know why this might be? Is he somehow affiliated with them??

I am not certain, but my guess is that one of them rents the office space from the other or that they both rent from a third party practitioner, partnership or professional corporation. It is also possible that they both rent straight from the same landlord and share the costs of office expenses (the receptionist, supplies, equipment) while keeping separate books, running separate and unrelated businesses. In my experience, I've noticed this sort of setup more and more in the last 10 years and I do deal with sole practitioners and "professional corporations" fairly often.

When I've dealt with the "shared" office, a receptionist will usually pick up the phone just saying "law office" rather than naming any one professional.

Other than that, I've no idea if there is any affiliation or connection between the two.

I think that the fact that an entire week had passed between the time when the crown called the GF an important witness and when the second suspect was arrested, leads me to believe that the GF either didn't talk to the cops, or didn't know enough relevant information about the crime to be of much help, but that's just my opinion.

Looking back on the articles to refresh myself on the dates, something jumped out at me: a line about the police waiting until Monday to search the hanger. To me this seems incongruous with what you would expect LE to do when a man is missing, and presumed kidnapped or confined (as Dm was charged with). I would think that if a man is charged with forcible confinement, and he won't speak at all, that LE would draw up a warrant to search all his premises at once with the hopes of finding the missing person alive. What if he had been only confined but died of thirst or an injury while the police we waiting outside the hanger for Monday to roll along? DM was picked up Friday, that is a lot of time to not look for a missing and possibly injured man, in my opinion. With so many officers on the case, and the public concern, why weren't some officers searching all of DM's properties while he was being questioned for hours by detectives? Do I just watch too much Law and Order?

They more than likely went inside the hanger and had a look around for TB prior to getting a search warrant. No different than what they did with the trailer. They opened the door(s) and looked inside and found a truck, but could only have a cursory look to make sure TB wasn't inside it.

"York Regional Police officers saw a black pickup truck inside the trailer. Until the search warrants are obtained, police can't confirm whether it's Bosma's truck."

http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2...et_up_at_millard_farm_in_waterloo_region.html

I think that the fact that an entire week had passed between the time when the crown called the GF an important witness and when the second suspect was arrested, leads me to believe that the GF either didn't talk to the cops, or didn't know enough relevant information about the crime to be of much help, but that's just my opinion.

Looking back on the articles to refresh myself on the dates, something jumped out at me: a line about the police waiting until Monday to search the hanger. To me this seems incongruous with what you would expect LE to do when a man is missing, and presumed kidnapped or confined (as Dm was charged with). I would think that if a man is charged with forcible confinement, and he won't speak at all, that LE would draw up a warrant to search all his premises at once with the hopes of finding the missing person alive. What if he had been only confined but died of thirst or an injury while the police we waiting outside the hanger for Monday to roll along? DM was picked up Friday, that is a lot of time to not look for a missing and possibly injured man, in my opinion. With so many officers on the case, and the public concern, why weren't some officers searching all of DM's properties while he was being questioned for hours by detectives? Do I just watch too much Law and Order?

I remember an article that stated the Waterloo police were holding the farm over the weekend for the Hamilton police, but I'm having no luck finding it again. The link that lanman posted says that a man across the road from the farm had said police were there "possibly as early as Friday". I had assumed it was the search warrant that they were waiting for. Could be the same for the hangar, although I'm surprised it would take that long to get a warrant when TB was still missing at that point.

JMO

It seems they were just being cautious because deep down they knew they needed their evidence to be admissible in Court.

http://m.thespec.com/news-story/2873801-clairmont-whatever-it-takes-to-find-tim-bosma/

↑good article.

I would hope they brought the canine unit in earlier to sniff TB out at the hangar even from the outside? Until the warrant was granted.

They more than likely went inside the hanger and had a look around for TB prior to getting a search warrant. No different than what they did with the trailer. They opened the door(s) and looked inside and found a truck, but could only have a cursory look to make sure TB wasn't inside it.

"York Regional Police officers saw a black pickup truck inside the trailer. Until the search warrants are obtained, police can't confirm whether it's Bosma's truck."

http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2...et_up_at_millard_farm_in_waterloo_region.html

I imagine in a hanger that size, that a quick, cursory look around would still take quite a bit of time and disturb (or plant?) lots of evidence. But I would hope that if I were missing that they wouldn't wait for a search warrant if there was a chance that I was still alive. And in a case this big, why on earth was their any wait for search warrants, we don't have judges that can issue things on the weekends? That is a long time to wait for a warrant, in my opinion, a lot can happen in 3 days. And frankly, I hope that they dusted the hasp and shackle of the lock before they cut it open to look inside the trailer, despite being anxious to look inside. I imagine that they would have had to have actually gotten inside the trailer and poked around a little to see if TB or his blood was visible or not. Which again means that it is possible that there was a contamination of the evidence, and if one bad apple, as was suggested, wanted to slip a little something extra in, that would have been the perfect time, in my opinion.

I remember an article that stated the Waterloo police were holding the farm over the weekend for the Hamilton police, but I'm having no luck finding it again. The link that lanman posted says that a man across the road from the farm had said police were there "possibly as early as Friday". I had assumed it was the search warrant that they were waiting for. Could be the same for the hangar, although I'm surprised it would take that long to get a warrant when TB was still missing at that point.

JMO

A basic Feeney warrant only take 24 hours... so for them to wait 3 days seems excessive.... IMO

Do you think its because it was out of jurisdiction, combined with the fact TB was not confirmed dead? Realistically when has this much effort been put into an adult male missing persons case even without the warrant?

I would think if canines attended earlier (jmo) they would have busted in there earlier. They couldnt justify urgency until they found the trailer and truck imo.

Do you think its because it was out of jurisdiction, combined with the fact TB was not confirmed dead? Realistically when has this much effort been put into an adult male missing persons case even without the warrant?

I would think if canines attended earlier (jmo) they would have busted in there earlier. They couldnt justify urgency until they found the trailer and truck imo.

Well yes actually this case became headline News quite quickly and enthusiastically, compared to most that go missing. I know of people still missing where not a peep is heard.
I am not saying that it should not be headline News, just that it also amazes me how some newsworthy situations get a green light from the outset and others stay at red or amber.

This case has been in the fast lane from the outset as have the numerous fundraisers and such..... which hopefully provides help for a grieving widow and child.

I havent seen this type of exuberance to finding a missing adult in a long time. Of course it should be the case for all missing people IMO

I think there was urgency once the truck and it's owner could not be found and his cell phone could. I would hate to think that jurisdiction played a part in whether someones life was potentially saved or not.... but as it stands these days....nothing really surprises me. JMO

I havent seen this type of exuberance to finding a missing adult in a long time. Of course it should be the case for all missing people IMO

I think there was urgency once the truck and it's owner could not be found and his cell phone could. I would hate to think that jurisdiction played a part in whether someones life was potentially saved or not.... but as it stands these days....nothing really surprises me. JMO
Grassroots efforts by TB's family, friends and community certainly helped to raise the profile of this missing persons case. Setting up a central command post, persistent social media presence and a large volunteer pool to poster missing persons bulletins kept this high profile. The case was relatable to most. If a hardworking family man could go missing without a trace it could happen to anyone. The fact that his family, friends and community CARED about him so much made us feel like we should too. There are plenty of people that go missing every day and don't have this much effort from an organized mass group and therefore go unnoticed....think LB. I hate to say it but if TB had a different colour of skin, was from a lower socioeconomic background..sadly I think it wouldn't have had the same level of media interest. This is not to diminish the efforts outcome of the TB search efforts. MOO.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 2

Well yes actually this case became headline News quite quickly and enthusiastically, compared to most that go missing. I know of people still missing where not a peep is heard.
JMO

rsbm

I believe it touched all people due to their realization of how vulnerable they themselves are and have been in past dealings with strangers/the public.

As in it`s better to wait and have the warrant in hand than potentially save a life ! JMO I would like to think dogs were taken to sniff out any potential dead, injured or a kidnapped body ...... thanks for the link :)

I had been watching intently for any use of police canine dogs, both at the air hangar and at the farm and at WM's house. I think I saw horses and a couple of dogs. That surprised me and I kept wondering where all the canine units were. Maybe I missed them.

This certainly confirms to me SB was able to ID the two perps who left with her husband May 6th.

DM was arrested in the evening after being tracked for four hours. IMO and estimation evening would be between 5 and 8pm ish May 10th. Therefore he was being watched/followed from anywhere between 1 to 8pm. Being as AS stated DM never arrived before noon to work, maybe he never left home that day of his arrest until late afternoon, was tailed by LE from his home onward.?? It will be interesting to find out what DM's cellphone records show, who he called, if he called certain businesses ect. Wonder if they found the burner phone in his possession or in his house. Just thoughts and MOO.

Sharlene didn't want to say whether the two men she saw are the same two men in custody because she "wants to make sure justice is done."

But she did say she's confident with the investigation led by Hamilton police Detective Sergeant Matt Kavanagh.

The evening of Friday, May 10, brought what seemed like good news: Police had arrested Dellen Millard, 27, and charged him with the theft of Tim's truck and forcible confinement.

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/3841708--we-still-don-t-know-why-this-happened-/

Slightly off-topic but dodge ram truck related...

Saw this posted by a friend involved with horses in Ontario and thought I'd share a link to the Facebook page this was posted on Aug 11th 2013

A local horse transporter (also an active member to this site) is looking for the publics assistance in locating her truck.
If you have any information, please contact Wellington OPP ASAP.

REWARD offered for information on the whereabouts of this truck ! O 2007 dodge ram 3500 with tribal horse and "the horse limo" lettering. Has aux fuel tank in the box !

THANK YOU FOR SHARING AND YOUR ASSISTANCE!

https://www.facebook.com/DufferinPeel

Truck has a cummings diesel engine, stolen from Erin Ontario.

Saw this posted by a friend involved with horses in Ontario and thought I'd share a link to the Facebook page this was posted on Aug 11th 2013

A local horse transporter (also an active member to this site) is looking for the publics assistance in locating her truck.
If you have any information, please contact Wellington OPP ASAP.

REWARD offered for information on the whereabouts of this truck ! O 2007 dodge ram 3500 with tribal horse and "the horse limo" lettering. Has aux fuel tank in the box !

Truck has a cummings diesel engine, stolen from Erin Ontario.

Oddly enough, that isn't the only Dodge Ram 3500 that was stolen on or around August 11 in Erin, Ontario!

Two more Ram's were stolen on the night of August 10 or the morning of August 11 - a black 2004 Dodge Ram 3500 and a white 2005 Dodge Ram 3500 tow truck (both diesel). The owners are appealing to the public on Kijiji for information:

black 2004 Dodge Ram 3500

white 2005 Dodge Ram 3500 tow truck

Oddly enough, that isn't the only Dodge Ram 3500 that was stolen on or around August 11 in Erin, Ontario!

Two more Ram's were stolen on the night of August 10 or the morning of August 11 - a black 2004 Dodge Ram 3500 and a white 2005 Dodge Ram 3500 tow truck (both diesel). The owners are appealing to the public on Kijiji for information:

black 2004 Dodge Ram 3500

white 2005 Dodge Ram 3500 tow truck

Wow, three dodge 3500's stolen over a weekend from a very small geographical area. Will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Wow, three dodge 3500's stolen over a weekend from a very small geographical area. Will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Perhaps some buds trying to make it appear as though "the real killer" is still on the loose :scared::scared::scared:

This is why I'm not impressed by the argument that there was no logical incentive in the crime because it's "just a truck". Locals were here practically on day one telling us these Dodge Rams were very high-desirability theft targets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme