General Discussion and Theories #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had not seen this video before and it includes a shot clip of WM and I assume MB from 1999. It also clarifies video surveillance was collected from DM's next door neighbour. Plus LB case; LB had contact with DM shortly before she went missing. Has there been information of who she last spoke to and what date? MOO.

May 18, 2012
Forensic investigation wraps on Millard farm

Today Hamilton police were at a house next-door to Millard’s home in Etobicoke, collecting security video from cameras on the outside of the house.

Her ex-boyfriend says she was in contact with Millard shortly before her disappearance. Phone records show her very last call was made to Millard on July 3, 2012.

Quick post...New details...

sorry all, was right in the middle of other business and new tweets compelled me to post so quickly...
so OPP is now in charge of investigation and seems there is some link to DM for all situations surrounding LB, WM and TB
After establishing an "investigative link" between the three cases, Ontario Provincial Police are directing the streamlined case under the province's Major Case Management (MCM) system.

Hamilton police say they will no longer be able to respond to media inquiries relating to the Bosma case. Toronto police did not return calls Wednesday

I'm guessing LE found some interesting evidence in their latest search to have led them to this point. JMO

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/4136670-opp-will-co-ordinate-bosma-investigation/

Thank you SG. So ecstatic to read they are all working together on this case and sharing information. I wonder if it has come down to this since TPS searching for evidence at the barn, leading to LB turned up evidence related to someone else/another possible victim and kind of put a new wrinkle in which jurisdiction would take the "new" evidence. JMO.

While Chamberland would not say what the investigative link is between these three cases, it seems clear: Dellen Millard.

The MCM was established in 1996 after an inquiry into the Bernardo investigation found that "the lack of co-ordination, co-operation and communications among police and other parts of the justice system" contributed to a dangerous serial predator "falling through the cracks."

While Toronto and Hamilton police are still "leading" their respective investigations, the MCM allows them to share their findings with the OPP through a centralized software system.

Ontario is the only place in the world to have this type of computerized network.

If I am guessing correctly, PB is now set for all three cases; TB, WM and LB.

Hamilton police say they will no longer be able to respond to media inquiries relating to the Bosma case. Toronto police did not return calls Wednesday.

Thank you SG. So ecstatic to read they are all working together on this case and sharing information. I wonder if it has come down to this since TPS searching for evidence at the barn, leading to LB turned up evidence related to someone else/another possible victim and kind of put a new wrinkle in which jurisdiction would take the "new" evidence. JMO.

While Chamberland would not say what the investigative link is between these three cases, it seems clear: Dellen Millard.

The MCM was established in 1996 after an inquiry into the Bernardo investigation found that "the lack of co-ordination, co-operation and communications among police and other parts of the justice system" contributed to a dangerous serial predator "falling through the cracks."

While Toronto and Hamilton police are still "leading" their respective investigations, the MCM allows them to share their findings with the OPP through a centralized software system.

Ontario is the only place in the world to have this type of computerized network.

Hamilton police say they will no longer be able to respond to media inquiries relating to the Bosma case. Toronto police did not return calls Wednesday.

And this one Swedie
According to the Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services website, it is "especially useful in helping police identify common links in crimes committed in different locations — crimes that might have been committed by the same person."
from the same link for reference

Just posted on Laura Babcock FB page by SL

http://m.thespec.com/news-story/4136...investigation/

the murder of Tim Bosma, the disappearance of Laura Babcock and the death of Wayne Millard are now officially part of a single, multi-jurisdictional police investigation.

After establishing an "investigative link" between the three cases, Ontario Provincial Police are directing the streamlined case under the province's Major Case Management (MCM) system.

Multi-jurisdictional cases are not frequent but "not unheard of," OPP spokesperson Pierre Chamberland said Wednesday.

The MCM system was created after the Paul Bernardo trial, and is used to sort and analyze information in all serious crimes, such as homicides, sexual assaults and abductions.

According to the Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services website, it is "especially useful in helping police identify common links in crimes committed in different locations — crimes that might have been committed by the same person."

TOPIC: Tim Bosma case

Ancaster father and husband Tim Bosma, 32, was killed after going for a test drive on May 6 with two men in the pickup truck he'd been trying to sell online. Dellen Millard, 28, and Mark Smich, 26, have been charged with first-degree murder in his death.

Hamilton police recovered Bosma's burned remains later that month at a North Dumfries farm owned by Millard.

Toronto police have combed that farm as recently as last month as part of their investigation into the disappearance last year of 23-year-old Laura Babcock.

The missing woman's name made headlines after Millard was charged with Bosma's murder; according to cellphone records, the woman's final calls were to Millard.

Police have since confirmed Babcock and Millard had romantic ties.

Police are also investigating the death of Millard's father, Wayne, after an apparent suicide last November. Wayne was reportedly found with a gunshot wound to his left eye.

Dellen Millard has not been charged in either of these cases.

Other high profile MCM cases include the 2003 abduction and murder of 10-year-old Holly Jones in her west-end Toronto neighbourhood; the 2003 kidnapping and murder of Cecilia Zhang; as well as the SARS and E. coli outbreaks.

"It's the importance of co-operation in terms of sharing information and resources to ensure a maximum success of these investigations," Chamberland said.

There are 12 Major Case Managers in Ontario. The Babcock-Bosma-Millard investigation is being led by OPP Detective Inspector Dave Hillman.

<rsbm>

PBs are issued by the courts; seems right now this is just a matter of the various municipal agencies will let OPP take the lead on what info, if any, is released to the public.

If you recall, Oxford PD called in the OPP on Tori's case, and then Bill Renton became the major case manager. Once that happened, Renton was the primary spokesperson on the case.

I finally found the video clip of DM flying a helicopter on his 14th birthday. Back in 1999 it was considered quite an accomplishment among us helicopter pilots and that is when I first became aware of him.

It will be a double tragedy if he has turned to murder , most pilots have a natural affinity to save lives , rescue the stranded , and search for lost people.

One of the harder helicopters to fly is the Robinson R22 , they are a light machine with a very light rotor system which makes them touchy to fly and controls are quite sensitive , DM does an excellent job in the video and considering his young age it is admirable.

Thanks to CITY NEWS for the video .... for some reason I am unable to link directly to it , so click on the link , let the first video finish playing , then at the bottom some thumbnails will show up , click on the one that says ... ACCUSED DELLEN MILLARD FLYING HELICOPTER ... and the video should play.

http://www.citynews.ca/2013/05/18/brother-of-missing-woman-speaks-out-about-millard-connection/

I include a screen capture below with a red circle

Attachments

• DM video flying R22 at 14 years of age..JPG
    DM video flying R22 at 14 years of age..JPG
    96.8 KB · Views: 18
Can I ask a question with regard to this new involvement of MCM and executed search warrants?

If I understand correctly, the main purpose of this is for sharing of information.

Does this MCM involvement now null and void the detailed search warrants and put all evidence into one big "bag" (so to speak)?

Is all evidence gathered at all searches now legal for all (potential) cases? or are there still restrictions on that?

I hope my question makes sense..

Can I ask a question with regard to this new involvement of MCM and executed search warrants?

If I understand correctly, the main purpose of this is for sharing of information.

Does this MCM involvement now null and void the detailed search warrants and put all evidence into one big "bag" (so to speak)?

Is all evidence gathered at all searches now legal for all (potential) cases? or are there still restrictions on that?

I hope my question makes sense..

That's an interesting question. My guess would be that, since all the evidence from all the searches are available to each separate jurisdiction, and are now overseen by the MCM Case Manager, anything found could be used in any of the three cases, regardless of which search it was found in.

JMO

I wonder if anything they find related to the TB case that was found in the barn on the third search if it can be used in court since the barn was not properly secured and was accessible to anyone for four months. ( obviously I am having a hard time with that ) Maybe what they found in the barn can link these three cases together, however, in order to present it as evidence they somehow had to get around that by escalating this case to a much higher level. I'm not explaining myself well, as I don't know my way around the legal system. I guess, in other words, if they found a murder weapon in the barn with blood from TB and LB, they could only use the LB blood as evidence if these cases weren't linked but now, maybe, they could???

It can seem confusing however think of it like this.

Direct evidence is by it's very definition "evident and apparent/obvious" as to what took place. As such it would point to/indicate a person and/or persons and would be used in that manner in a justice system.

Every "crime scene" is unprotected and open to the world prior to, during, and after the execution of a crime. So at that point it could literally be anyone as the suspect.
Then as evidence is found and collected the list narrows quickly from literally anyone to a "specific someone."

Keeping the above in mind, any additional search that turned up any additional evidence would be investigated the same as the original. In other words, looked at from a "anyone" could have done this until it points to how it got there and who was involved, exactly the same as the original investigation would do.

Most of the heartburn over this kind of stuff is a defense lawyers tactic.
Remember a defense team only has 3 options....1) my client was NCR,
2)my client was framed, 3) induce reasonable doubt into a jury.

Anyway, the bottom line after all of the above is what "evidence" the Judge deems admissible in Court.

Interesting. Reading in this article. JMO.

Report: Plane lost power before crash; Cause of engine failure not determined
After arriving in Halifax on July 17, 2000, Dunn reported to the company that he was &#8220;very happy&#8221; with the airplane&#8217;s performance on the plane&#8217;s first courier flight since being purchased by Airwave, the NTSB report said.

In August 2000, Airwave underwent a special-purpose audit by Transport Canada to check on activities that could affect the safe operation of the company, including airworthiness of aircraft, flight operations and training.

The NTSB report noted that, according to a representative of Transport Canada, 12 nonconformances were issued to the company, but no citations for violations were issued.

On Aug. 20, the company voluntarily surrendered its operating certificate to Transport Canada. No reasons were cited in the NTSB report as to why that action was taken by Airwave.

http://archive.bangordailynews.com/...crash-cause-of-engine-failure-not-determined/

I wonder if anything they find related to the TB case that was found in the barn on the third search if it can be used in court since the barn was not properly secured and was accessible to anyone for four months. ( obviously I am having a hard time with that ) Maybe what they found in the barn can link these three cases together, however, in order to present it as evidence they somehow had to get around that by escalating this case to a much higher level. I'm not explaining myself well, as I don't know my way around the legal system. I guess, in other words, if they found a murder weapon in the barn with blood from TB and LB, they could only use the LB blood as evidence if these cases weren't linked but now, maybe, they could???

It is not uncommon for LE to return to the scene of a crime or expand their search areas days, weeks, months and years later. It wouldn't be any different if LE got new information leading them to some place else DM or MS were familiar with. For example; the hangars at TO, the Waterloo hangar. One never knows where their investigation may lead them to. Maybe in time they may end up at other properties belonging to or once belonging to DM, including his childhood home where a Bobcat sat in the backyard with weed growing around it.

It would be pretty hard for someone to plant evidence without it falling into place and showing a connection between victim and murderer kwim. For someone to plant direct evidence, they would need something substantial such as a body/parts, DNA, blood, or bodily fluids from the victim. Forensics and LE are skilled and would have a good indication as to someone trying to plant evidence.

Who would be so daring to do such a thing as to plant evidence and risk getting caught. Not to mention they would have to be psychic to know LE would go back to the crime scene to do further investigating. I would think only someone who did the initial murder and trying to frame the accused would be crazy enough to try and pull something off like planting evidence. I feel certain LE have a huge amount of evidence to prove guilt and many dots have connected that should some nincompoop who may have had a crazy notion of trying to plant a thing or two, would seem minute and irrelevant in the big picture. JMO.

Scratching my head about something for the past 2 weeks .... can you help :)

Remember the picture of the big yellow backhoe (trackhoe) with the name O'Connell on it ?
https://twitter.com/trevorjdunn/status/334422275145224192/photo/1

There was a picture of it digging in a swamp , yet in all the aerial pictures of the farm I have never been able to find either the spot or the swamp or any sign of fresh digging

And LE have not given any focus on such an area.

Like I said , scratching my head about the location of the digging. Anyone know ?

The digging took place in the winter so I dont know how fresh it would look in the late Spring/Summer and especially by September.. This is purely my guess but I think the area where TPS was digging in May would seem like the freshest area to unearth again or else why would they have picked those certain spots that they did (especially if unaided by cadaver dogs)?

Remember the picture of the big yellow backhoe (trackhoe) with the name O'Connell on it ?

There was a picture of it digging in a swamp , yet in all the aerial pictures of the farm I have never been able to find either the spot or the swamp or any sign of fresh digging

Like I said , scratching my head about the location of the digging. Anyone know ?

Arnie, this article sounds like the swampy area must be well hidden within the bush and not obvious even to LE until they got looking. Wonder if it may have been another piece of stolen equipment. It was being used in the winter but still there in May. Doesn't sound like something a contractor would do; leave their equipment sitting for months on someone's property. MOO.

Snider and her husband had spent 45 years on the land, where they raised hogs.
The Sniders also never had an excavator &#8212; the large, yellow heavy-duty machine was seen stuck in a swampy area after Hamilton police found Bosma&#8217;s body. Nor did they own an incinerator, reportedly purchased around the same time Babcock disappeared.
Even more of a mystery is why Millard needed those tools on a non-operational farm, the pigs long gone. Bruce Nicholson, a veteran real estate agent who handled the sale, said Millard told him he wanted to build a &#8220;dream home&#8221; for himself and his fiancée on one of the property&#8217;s rolling hills. Millard told Nicholson he planned to demolish the barn to improve the view.
Snider said the barn has no cellar or sub-level where the barrels could have been stored. It&#8217;s not clear whether police ever entered the barn on previous search warrants, or why it took until Friday to call in the OPP&#8217;s specialized team.

http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2...ard_farm_search_ends_woman_still_missing.html

Sounds like LE might have had a extended term search warrant for the Ayr property and could return whenever they felt it necessary in the first few weeks. The hangar and DM's home were released according to DP. Guess it happens in ongoing investigations. Wonder if it has shaken their confidence after this last search of the barn. MOO.

Deepak Paradkar, Mr. Millard&#8217;s lawyer, said he has not been told of the new search warrant.

&#8220;I have no idea what they are doing there. We don&#8217;t know what the search is about,&#8221; he said.

While Crown prosecutors told him Mr. Millard&#8217;s airport hanger and his Toronto home had been released by police, he was never told if police had even released the farm before the new seizure.

Regardless, he said, it does not change his client&#8217;s intention to plead not guilty to all charges.

&#8220;It hasn&#8217;t shaken our confidence at all,&#8221; said Mr. Paradkar.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/0...micide-unit-searches-tim-bosma-suspects-farm/

Interesting read. A fairly new business adventure for MS and DM. I don't think they were veterans. MOO.

Royal Canadian Mounted Police

Integrated Proceeds of Crime (IPOC)

The strongest motivator for any criminal is profit-cold hard cash, and all of the material trappings it can buy. While traditional law enforcement targets two components of crime, the person committing the crime and the commodity (i.e. drugs, stolen property), the RCMP Integrated Proceeds of Crime Units (IPOC) concentrates on a third component-the illicit wealth that flows from these criminal activities.

One of the more common methods of laundering money is through a service business that has a high volume of cash transactions. The dirty money is added into the general cash revenues and deposited into the company&#8217;s bank account, essentially creating a seemingly legitimate money trail to justify the large amounts of cash.

Once introduced into the legitimate financial system, money can be easily transferred to any bank account anywhere in the world, where it can be hidden or withdrawn by the criminal. This method of laundering is called layering.

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/on/prog-serv/ipoc-umpc-eng.htm

Here's an early post that gives a pic of two areas that LE were concentrating on. Maybe that can help you zero in:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - MEDIA, DOCUMENTS, TIMELINE **NO Discussion**

BTW, anybody know what on earth all that wooden platforming or whatever is for around the O'Connell backhoe?

Last edited:
Wonder what is meant by the bolded part...

The OPP&#8217;s MCM system is used so that valuable information that links multiple cases can be shared between police forces when &#8220;serial predators and offenders are concerned,&#8221; said OPP spokesperson Pierre Chamberland.

&#8220;It just ensures all information will be shared amongst all agencies,&#8221; Chamberland told CBC Hamilton. &#8220;It tears down the silos.&#8221;

Previously, Toronto police were overseeing the Wayne Millard and Babcock investigations, while Hamilton police were investigating Bosma&#8217;s slaying. Now OPP Det. Insp. Dave Hillman will be overseeing all three investigations and helping to pass information back and forth between both agencies, Chamberland said.

&#8220;He has a 50,000-foot view of the case,&#8221; Chamberland said. Hillman was not immediately available for an interview.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamil...ura-babcock-wayne-millard-cases-opp-1.1894166

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme