General Discussion and Theories

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, you certainly can destroy all data and make it non-recoverable. There are tools available for anyone to use to completely wipe a drive.

Would that be accessible easily /is it something LE could do if necessary?

Ernesto it was brought to our attention that this particular vehicle with that particular engine was/is highly sought after in other countries ...

If the smuggling thing were the case why not get the guys address check out the place then steal the truck in the dead of night? Not take they guy with it and murder him?

Guys, bottom line - LE / IT guys can recover deleted / formatted information from a hard drive, but if it has been physically destroyed or wiped by someone who knows what they are doing, it can become impossible to do so.

I think they would have had enough time to destroy any computer evidence. Surely, they watch enough crime shows to know this. Maybe their incriminating computer was burned in the incinerator. Somehow, though I am sure LE knows that if they went to all that trouble to kill TB and film it ( if that is what happened ) I am sure just like Bernardo, they have hidden it somewhere. This is when the deals start happening.

...went to all that trouble to kill TB and film it...

This is the most absurd theory being thrown around on this board, there is no reason at all to even consider that they filmed the murder.

This is the most absurd theory being thrown around on this board, there is no reason at all to even consider that they filmed the murder.

That is just a feeling some of us are getting the more we learn about these suspects. Have you seen MS video yet?

You can't retrieve OVERWRITTEN data. Which is what secure-wipe programs do.

Say you have a 100 gigabyte hard drive full of incriminating evidence. You delete all the files. They can probably be recovered.

Say instead of just deleting it, you then fill up that 100 gigabytes with other data (some of these programs, for example, just fill up the drive with filler data). You cannot retrieve the original 100 gigabytes, because there is no place for that data to have been stored after you filled up the enitre available capacity with something else.

In the first example, it's like you have a bucket labelled "water". You can tear off the label in case you want to use the bucket for something else, but for now the water is still in there.

In the second example, you have dumped out the water and filled the bucket up with something else. The bucket is full. There is no possibility the original water is still in the bucket, because it won't fit anymore.

LE does not have technology that magically makes a 100gb drive able to store, in some retrievable way, twice as much data.

That is just a feeling some of us are getting the more we learn about these suspects. Have you seen MS video yet?

Of course I've seen it, it's a video that is no more violent than a Dexter episode, and a lot less violent than SAW or Hostel. It's fiction, and lots of people participate in re-enacting things like that for fun. The problem with this theory is that you are imagining that the people who allegedly committed this crime are psychotic enough to film the murder of a human being, and there is absolutely no indication that they are. Doing something like that is worlds away from screwing up a car theft and ending up with a dead body.

Besides all of that, if they wanted to kill someone for fun and record the experience, why would they even think of going to all the trouble of finding the RAM, driving to Ancaster etc? It is a theory with no logic or understanding behind it, it's really just morbid fantasy and I don't think it's appropriate.

LE has an interesting amount of Facebook data on the back end.

Don't kid yourself about that one.

They will go to great lengths in high profile crimes to obtain such data, and fortunately, this case is very high profile.

I am going by memory, no link, but, I believe it was 12 cases total, that Canadian LE warranted Facebook in U.S. for, the back end data, in 2011 or 2012. Rafferty and Williams were the 2 cases. I will attempt to find this link, as I have been wondering the exact details of it again.

VAST amount of data available, not just from the suspects devices.

JMO

Of course I've seen it, it's a video that is no more violent than a Dexter episode, and a lot less violent than SAW or Hostel. It's fiction, and lots of people participate in re-enacting things like that for fun. The problem with this theory is that you are imagining that the people who allegedly committed this crime are psychotic enough to film the murder of a human being, and there is absolutely no indication that they are. Doing something like that is worlds away from screwing up a car theft and ending up with a dead body.

Besides all of that, if they wanted to kill someone for fun and record the experience, why would they even think of going to all the trouble of finding the RAM, driving to Ancaster etc? It is a theory with no logic or understanding behind it, it's really just morbid fantasy and I don't think it's appropriate.

I think it is very good possibility that DM/MS might of filmed a killing. However, police have kind of confirmed (based on the charges) that TB was killed inside the truck.

I disagree, it's always a consideration from these sick , murderers/accused murderers, who are so into their online social crap, posting all their stuff online for everyone to see.

They got off on gore, we can argue in circles about severity/linkage of gore to crime, but, the fact is, that video, even "simply" the eye picture of DM's, is more than many law abiding Canadians would be involved in. True, it could simply be a Hallowe'en picture. I know hundreds of people who would never go to that length to do that to their eye.

I am not saying there is a direct correlation between gore/horror stuff and actual crime, there is no way to measure that.

It IS a possibility the murder was filmed. Pretty unlikely, I think, but, not absurd to suggest it.

JMO

I'm not referring to online or cloud data--just locally stored data on hard drives. There seems to be a sense that LE can retrieve any data no matter what, and it's just not true and does not require a computer hard drive to be physically destroyed.

Of course I've seen it, it's a video that is no more violent than a Dexter episode, and a lot less violent than SAW or Hostel. It's fiction, and lots of people participate in re-enacting things like that for fun. The problem with this theory is that you are imagining that the people who allegedly committed this crime are psychotic enough to film the murder of a human being, and there is absolutely no indication that they are.

Doing something like that is worlds away from screwing up a car theft and ending up with a dead body.

BBM: Anyone who is psychotic enough to allegedly kill a man, and burn his body, and hide his stuff, and continue on in life business as usual, is capable of filming said murder.

JMO

Seriously, all that is required is removal of the hard drive and a hammer. Pound the HD to dust and no-one is ever retrieving that. Nice new clean HD and fresh OS install and it's all over but the crying. If I had the slightest inkling that "The Boys" were coming to seize my PC and there was even the slightest notion that there might even be something there...that's precisely what I would do.

I think it is very good possibility that DM/MS might of filmed a killing.

Why? Isn't it just as possible that they did anything else? Cannibalized the body? Made a sacrifice to a pagan god? Sure you can come up with all kind of wildly morbid theories, but they are not realistic. It is ridiculous to think that based on all of the events we know about, that they would film any part of this. There is absolutely no evidence to support that theory, including the fact that MS was an actor in a violent rap video. The photo of DM with the bloody eye? I can show you a hundred similar pics that are very likely photoshopped or are halloween makeup photos. It means absolutely nothing.

You have to try to imagine the depravity and the psychology that would be behind filming yourself murdering a person, it is not a simple thing that you can just apply to two seemingly normal people. Look at the very few reported cases of people filming a murder for kicks, and I guarantee you that NONE of those cases will be anywhere close to similar to this one.

Why? Isn't it just as possible that they did anything else? Cannibalized the body? Made a sacrifice to a pagan god? Sure you can come up with all kind of wildly morbid theories, but they are not realistic. It is ridiculous to think that based on all of the events we know about, that they would film any part of this. There is absolutely no evidence to support that theory, including the fact that MS was an actor in a violent rap video. The photo of DM with the bloody eye? I can show you a hundred similar pics that are very likely photoshopped or are halloween makeup photos. It means absolutely nothing.

You have to try to imagine the depravity and the psychology that would be behind filming yourself murdering a person, it is not a simple thing that you can just apply to two seemingly normal people. Look at the very few reported cases of people filming a murder for kicks, and I guarantee you that NONE of those cases will be anywhere close to similar to this one.

What's not realistic is an innocent man went for a test drive, was murdered and burned.

What and who are depraved are the animals that did that.

Anything and any THEORY is possible.

Does depravity have a sliding scale of severity? Can you be only a little depraved?

Jmo

I dont find it to be a plausible theory either IMO. It would have been quite a long winded route to go through to get some footage of a murder, I would think there would be easier ways of doing so, if someone were so inclined. JMO

What's not realistic is an innocent man went for a test drive, was murdered and burned.

What and who are depraved are the animals that did that.

Anything and any THEORY is possible.

Does depravity have a sliding scale of severity? Can you be only a little depraved?

Jmo

I'm not really sure what you're getting at. Any theory is possible if you're willing to suspend disbelief and deny standards and averages and history and any understanding of human psyche. If you just want to fantasize about the most outrageous situations and outcomes, then yes, theorize away.

Also, I'm new to this site, and I have to ask - what is with the "JMO" and "IMO" sign-offs at the end of so many of the posts here? Has the site admin asked that people reinforce the fact that these posts are based on opinion?

You have stepped into trolling territory, my friend. Babcock and WM's suicide are WILD SPECULATION at this point. There is absolutely ZERO evidence that DM had anything to do with either of those cases. How exactly do these situations "clearly" label DM a sociopath?!

It just so happens that the last person Babcock called was DM, and his father commits suicide shortly thereafter....and then he's charged with murder...Well, coincidences do happen....right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SuzyQuinn