Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh lawd, this just gets worse.

#OscarPistorius Roux you cantaminated the scene!
Botha: yes, there werent any foot covers left and I went to get something.

Looking at that blue print, one could argue, as the prosecution did, that standing in front of the door of the toilet, you wouldn't shoot at the toilet, if you fired straight ahead. Of course, bullets can bounce, perhaps change trajectory (not an expert).

I can sort of see why he would fire in the direction of the toilet (regardless of who was in there) because ultimately the person, a burglar too, would be trapped. (Thus shooting towards farthest corner where one is hiding)

Bottomline, I can believe he didn't mean to kill Reeva.
But he did intend to kill.

If he loves her as he claims he does, I can sort of understand why he'd want that cleared up (Meaning: no intention to kill my girlfriend)
But if he's as genuine as some of his friends and family claim, there is no denying that while he never meant to kill HER, he did kill.

And that's a crime. Plain and simple. Plus, a by all accounts wonderful girl died because of him being careless (at he very least). Regardless of his intentions.

Nel to Botha - you are being questioned for not taking steps, but the people with the knowledge didn't volunteer it. BB

Nel on the phone the police don't have - did anyone volunteerthe phone? Botha: No. BB

Roux concludes. Nel starts re-examining. BB
Roux you cantaminated the scene! Botha: yes, there werent any foot covers left and I went to get something.
Roux to Botha - you went into the house without protective covers on your shoes? Botha - Yes.
Roux on the evening of the accidental discharge - Roux says the weapon was passed to Oscar and went off.
Roux - there is an offshore account - a dormant account in Brunswick, Carolina. BB

Roux when Oldwage collected the memory stick, did he not disclose anything to you? No.
Roux - Oscar does not have a house in Italy. BB

Roux ... but on the night in question he slept on the left because he had a problem with his shoulder. Roux - Pistorius sleeps on the right-hand side of the bed, if you're facing it. BB

Botha: I changed my mind on whether #OscarPistorius should get bail after I heard evidence of forensic officers.

Nel asks Botha: do you think if #OscarPistorius called out to Reeva, she would have answered? Botha:she would. Groans from gallery

Botha: when #OscarPistorius answered phone call from security guards, he said "I'm alright" and started crying.

Botha: I found it difficult to believe that if you hear a noise and then you don't get your girlfriend to protect her.

Gerrie Nel now has to attempt a recovery as he reexamines Botha

Prosecution now questioning detective again. Botha still on edge.
Be calm and focus, says prosecutor Nel to detective. I don't want to embarrass you.
Botha now says witness to shouting/argument was more like 300 m away. Not 600 as he stated earlier.

andrew harding ‏@BBCAndrewH

Botha reveals that he first met #OscarPistorius after "an incident at his house..where he was arrested" @eNCAnews

Botha: I changed my mind on whether #OscarPistorius should get bail after I heard evidence of forensic officers.

Nel asks Botha: do you think if #OscarPistorius called out to Reeva, she would have answered? Botha:she would. Groans from gallery

Botha: when #OscarPistorius answered phone call from security guards, he said "I'm alright" and started crying.

Botha: I found it difficult to believe that if you hear a noise and then you don't get your girlfriend to protect her.

Gerrie Nel now has to attempt a recovery as he reexamines Botha

But he said that forensics isn't done yet. And what about the downward angle with OP saying he didn't have his prosthetics on? To me it sounds like Botha is intentionally 'throwing the case'. His comments are so bad as to not be believable. I smell something stinky.

Nair, the magistrate, asks who was responsible for securing the scene.

#OscarPistorius Botha says he was first in command of the scene, and later handed over to another police official. BB

Nair asks Botha if he believes Pistorius would flee South Africa.

He is an internationally recognised athelete and uses prostheses, the magistrate says. Is he a flight risk?

Yes, says Botha. There is laughter from the gallery. Yes, if he is facing a jail term. With his funds, he could flee.

You believe he would flee to a country with no extradition treaty with South Africa, asks Nair. Yes, says Botha.

Nel rests his case and Botha steps down.

Barry Bateman‏@barrybateman

#OscarPistorius Nair is it plausible for someone who's won Olympic gold to forsake his career instead proving innocence in court? BB

BAIL on the mind of the judge!!

I'm really disappointed with this. I think something very fishy has gone on.
Funny that Oscar stops crying as soon as things are going his way, hm?

This is incredible. I guess I shouldn't be surprised. I take it for granted that LE (and the prosecution) have their duck lined up in a row before they go down the road they go down but obviously the rules are different in other countries.

Anyone who complains about how LE in this country (US) take their time charging people, this should be a prime example of why that is. This is an embarrassment to LE in south africa, the guy just blew the prosecutions case up by saying there is no evidence to say the OP's story isn't true.

This is why I questioned some of the facts people where discussing last night. Where is it that he beat her with the bat? That her skull was crushed? That he shot her before the bathroom?

I'm really disappointed with this. I think something very fishy has gone on.
Funny that Oscar stops crying as soon as things are going his way, hm?

I feel his explanations and demeanor were very rehearsed right from the beginning.

It is really discouraging.

If the people of SA feel so scared and threatened in their daily life, I think LE is a factor contributing to that when they don't act serious in cases like this.

I feel his explanations and demeanor were very rehearsed right from the beginning.

It is really discouraging.

If the people of SA feel so scared and threatened in their daily life, I think LE is a factor contributing to that when they don't act serious in cases like this.
Exactly, this was the level of police work on a high profile case attracting international attention...you can imagine what happens with the no-name cases that happen everyday to the ordinary citizen...falls through the cracks unnoticed.

This is why I questioned some of the facts people where discussing last night. Where is it that he beat her with the bat? That her skull was crushed? That he shot her before the bathroom?

All these things bother me.

Then today the witness who is discredited. I don't know. I feel like we really know less fact than we think!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member