General discussion thread #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From Sky News.... Breaking News.
http://news.sky.com/skynews/home
"The public prosecutor in Portugal is reported to have asked the judge in the case to make an emergency order allowing him to seize a mystery object"

Wonder what this is?

Cuddle Cat? FINALLY?

No, I guess it would have to be something still in Portugal, unless he's going to have the British LE get it.

Hmmm..

:laugh: OMG you just threw me over the edge with laughter! THat poor 'darn cat'!

I was thinking more along the lines of some sort of bag.... as everyone keeps talking about her stuffed in a bag....

Cuddle Cat? FINALLY?

No, I guess it would have to be something still in Portugal, unless he's going to have the British LE get it.

Hmmm..

I can't imagine what else they could get from that darn cat, they already got cadaver scent documented...:waitasec:

I was thinking more along the lines of some sort of bag.... as everyone keeps talking about her stuffed in a bag....

Oooooh...yeah. Something they feel her body was contained in. Good one, JDee!!

As usual, I mainly just read here, pondering over and absorbing the fabulous posts, with all the facts.... and your mind-boggling theories, that make me go "HmmMMMmmm".

But now that the parents of Maddie are suspects, I just want to say that ever since I first saw Madeleine's photo, several months ago, my first thoughts were that she doesn't/didn't look like a happy child. Her flat affect, (even with the smiles), her pale cheeks, and her eyes that don't sparkle reminded me of Lisa Steinberg. (Lisa was the daughter of Hedda Nussbaum and Joel Steinberg.... abused and killed by her daddy, Joel.)

I've had a gut feeling that there was some sort of emotional or possibly physical abuse hidden somewhere behind those sad eyes.

Has anyone else felt this? FWIW, I've been a psych nurse for 25 + yrs and have worked with children of all ages, newborns - adolescents and beyond, including those with battered child syndrome.
Maddie just seems to have that look/expression... to me.

As usual, I mainly just read here, pondering over and absorbing the fabulous posts, with all the facts.... and your mind-boggling theories, that make me go "HmmMMMmmm".

But now that the parents of Maddie are suspects, I just want to say that ever since I first saw Madeleine's photo, several months ago, my first thoughts were that she doesn't/didn't look like a happy child. Her flat affect, (even with the smiles), her pale cheeks, and her eyes that don't sparkle reminded me of Lisa Steinberg. (Lisa was the daughter of Hedda Nussbaum and Joel Steinberg.... abused and killed by her daddy, Joel.)

I've had a gut feeling that there was some sort of emotional or possibly physical abuse hidden somewhere behind those sad eyes.

Has anyone else felt this? FWIW, I've been a psych nurse for 25 + yrs and have worked with children of all ages, newborns - adolescents and beyond, including those with battered child syndrome.

I have....especially when I watched this home video of her: http://news.sky.com/skynews/video/videoplayer/0,,31200-1283541,.html (just the part at the very start). She does not seem to be a "happy" little girl. She seems unsure...maybe looking for approval....

Get the whole sorry lot - the Tapas 9 - in for questioning - separate them all, and sweat them until they say what they know. Someone knows something! :banghead:

Get the whole sorry lot - the Tapas 9 - in for questioning - separate them all, and sweat them until they say what they know. Someone knows something! :banghead:

I agree, Sandra, that the other 7 of the Tapas group need to be forced into questioning. I think they all know something, if not everything!!!!

I bet these friends are wishing they'd never heard of the McCanns....

What is it that the Prosecutor wants to seize?

Please, please, make it be the cat!

Texana, that cracks me up! Put me down too, for that disgusting excuse for a cat. Cat? It's a "stuffed petri dish", a seething fomite of pathogens. It is a positive "hit" for cadaver scent, could it get any more disgusting than that?

Other possiblities:
1. I like Colomom's suggestion of a hard drive. Perhaps they were emailing their attorney, via the resort's little business services area. A lot of hotels now have a computers for the convenience of their guests. Good one, Colomom.

2. The Scenic (car for hire).

3. Some piece of luggage, or the trolly cart(s) used to push the children around (might be owned by the McCanns or made available by the resort).

4. Night stand or drawer, in which the PJ was reported to have found a dispensing syringe containing a sedative. It may have leaked some trace, into the night stand drawer.

5. Linens. I'm thinking either bed linens, specifically a pillow case.

And why wouldn't she call the police from the apartment, instead of running back to the restaurant? or go to a neighbor?

Why doesn't anyone call the police for another 40 minutes when "They've taken her!" is the first words out of Kate's mouth?

It was reported that because they didn't speak Portuguese, the front desk was used to phone the police for translation purposes. Completely understandable. Also, the officers that initially arrived on scene likewise didn't speak English and translation was needed again from the resort staff.

I can't remember reading how long it was before the initial phone call was made? But I do remember that they looked for Madeleine around the resort first before calling (especially since she had wandered off previously?) I'm sure they were frantic, but hoping she would turn up safe in the resort compound within minutes.

I agree, Sandra, that the other 7 of the Tapas group need to be forced into questioning. I think they all know something, if not everything!!!!

I bet these friends are wishing they'd never heard of the McCanns....

I just wanted to let you know that I think you are freakin' awesome to make your signature American Flags...you are an awesome person....and a friend forever.

I love you Leigh.

Thank you for remembering us....on this so terrible of anniversaries.

I just wanted to let you know that I think you are freakin' awesome to make your signature American Flags...you are an awesome person....and a friend forever.

I love you Leigh.

Thank you for remembering us....on this so terrible of anniversaries.

Awww, Heather, you're going to make me cry!!!

Thank you. I love you, too!!

YOU are the awesome person for all your hard work here!!! :blowkiss:

Oh, and by the way, I am American, too. =) I'm just a huge Anglophile.

I agree. And I think we have back-up. Mrs. Fenn has reported that Kate seemed "aggressive" towards Madeleine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties