General Discussion Thread #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh dear, constant calls, texts, she felt pushed into a corner. He had to have a word with him. I'm sure that didn't go down too well. Oh dear, not quite such a rosy picture after all.

It implies that instead of roid rage, it may have been "old-fashioned" jealous rage.

This is the only article I have found on the supposedly legal herbal remedy.

Oscar’s ‘steroids’ boost sex drive

24 February 2013 10:01

The “testosterone” found in Oscar Pistorius’ house is actually a herbal remedy that men use to give them extra energy in bed.

The state revealed in court this week a product called testocompasutium coenzyme was found with injection needles in the athlete’s home.

According to Pistorius’ lawyers, the product seized by police is the legal homeopathic remedy Testis compositum.

Well-known sports physician Dr Jon Patricios told City Press it is commonly used to combat flagging sexual energy, but athletes are advised not to use it because it may increase their testosterone levels.

The National Prosecuting Authority (NPA) has admitted that Warrant Officer Hilton Botha, the investigating officer who has since been withdrawn from the case, was overhasty when he testified that the product was testosterone.

“It is not clear what the product is until the forensic tests are completed,” said NPA spokesperson Medupe Simasiku, adding that they did not yet know whether it was legal or illegal.

Pistorius’ lawyers told the court that the medication seized was a legal herbal remedy.

It can be bought at health stores and some pharmacies without prescription.

“This is not an anabolic steroid and it is unlikely it will lead to irrational anger,” Patricios said.

However, athletes who take it run the risk of testing positive for testosterone.

The product consists of a combination of vitamins and herbal cures and is manufactured partly from animal organs such as the heart and testes, Patricios explained. It is administered as an injection.

In the past, the product was available over the counter, but for the past two years a prescription from a general practitioner or homeopath was required because the product is injected.

Pistorius’ legal team did not respond to questions about whether he had a prescription.

“Many athletes use it to counter exhaustion,” said Free State University sports medicine expert Dr Louis Holtzhausen.

Pistorius’ urine sample is now at the SA Doping Control Laboratory in Bloemfontein.

“We don’t know how long it will be before the results are ready; it’s quite a process,” laboratory head Dr Pieter van der Merwe said.

http://www.citypress.co.za/news/the-case-against-oscar-oscars-steroids-boost-sex-drive/

New headline:
Pistorius 'DID beat model girlfriend with a cricket bat' police tell horrified family and show them photographs of her extensive head injuries to prove it

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ricket-bat-shown-extensive-head-injuries.html

:thud:

I'm am leery to believe it. Why wouldn't the prosecution say this in the bail hearing, to prove intent, to prove level of dangerousness?

If true, then I can understand the charge of premeditation. I am so leery of all news articles now though.

:thud:

I'm am leery to believe it. Why wouldn't the prosecution say this in the bail hearing, to prove intent, to prove level of dangerousness?

Well Dershowitz piece hinted at possible stategy. Prosecution got defense to give away everything early--now they are married to it. While Pros. said little. Maybe was the strategy. "You want bail. OK. We'll let you say anything now and go along. But you are screwed for the trial."

That poor family. Having to see her like that. :( :( :(

Every time I see a new photo of her, I am amazed at how beautiful she was. Breathtaking really, imo. And she looks like she had much inner beauty as well. It is really tragic. :rose:

Oh dear, constant calls, texts, she felt pushed into a corner. He had to have a word with him. I'm sure that didn't go down too well. Oh dear, not quite such a rosy picture after all.

I also learnt from that article that OP soon just started picking Reeva up and dropping her off.

But that night, she drove her own car there and he had to pick it up the next day so she might have tried to flee from him as she had her own car waiting there if she had wanted to drive home. IMO he must have locked that bedroom door later and maybe hid the key so she could not get out when things became violent and he held her captive.

He also had to identify the body so Reeva's parents were saved from having to do that.

She sent him a SMS message on 13/2/2012 between 10 and 10.30pm to say she would not be home that night. So that must have been in the middle of the "yoga" and she must not have feared OP then.

Cecil Miles would then know a lot about Reeva's relationship with OP.

I thought it was stated that she was living with a girlfriend who claimed to be Reeva's flatmate. But I think he stated that she had lived with their family for the past six years.

I also read that Francois Hougaard had warned Reeva about OP's potential for violence and he had sent her a Valentine's Day message that night.

In an audio US interview, a Harvard lawyer said he would like to know whether she had shoes on that night.

The interviewer wanted to know if she had flushed the toilet as what was in the bowl would be significant - clear or urine?

If the crushed skull story is true which now seems likely, I am wondering if he could have killed Reeva with the cricket bat crushing her skull first and then carried her dead body to the toilet putting her either on it or beside it and then staged the shooting to look as if he was shooting an intruder.

IMO She could have been dead already before the shots and being in the toilet.

How could she run/walk to the toilet if she had a crushed skull?

Where did the violence with the cricket bat occur? Bedroom or bathroom?

:thud::thud::thud::thud::thud::thud::thud::thud: :thud::thud:

"Olympic sprinter Oscar Pistorius crushed his girlfriend’s skull with a cricket bat before shooting her dead, police have told her family."

Probably they had a long loud argument over his jealousy. Maybe he first threatened her. He may have refused to let her leave. Maybe she told him what he was doing was already illegal (she was attorney.) Once he whacked her with the bat, and she staggered away, he got his gun, and shot enough times, till he was satisfied she was dead. IMO, she may have been dead or nearly so before he carried her down stairs or called anyone.

Has anyone found the interview with family that says police told them her skull was crushed with the bat? Would a bullet wound make it appear to be? (I don't think so, but I don't shoot guns or people.)

I've been looking and can only find articles saying the parents said this in an interview, I cannot find any direct quotes.

Well Dershowitz piece hinted at possible stategy. Prosecution got defense to give away everything early--now they are married to it. While Pros. said little. Maybe was the strategy. "You want bail. OK. We'll let you say anything now and go along. But you are screwed for the trial."

The defense has some major problems. Why didn't he notice she wasn't in bed anymore? If you believe there is an intruder, don't you quickly scan the room for your girlfriend, to make sure she is safe?

Why didn't he call out to the person in the bathroom before shooting through the door? If it was her, just using the toilet, why didn't she answer?

Why did she lock the door and take cell phones into the bathroom? Sounds like she was afraid, and was not just using the toilet.

And if he did think there was an intruder, locked in his bathroom, why not call the cops, and stand outside the door with the weapon? You could easily shoot if they tried to come out and harm you. Why shoot 4 deadly shots w/out confirming the fact?

I think he is toast. :jail:

I also learnt from that article that OP soon just started picking Reeva up and dropping her off.

But that night, she drove her own car there and he had to pick it up the next day so she might have tried to flee from him as she had her own car waiting there if she had wanted to drive home. IMO he must have locked that bedroom door later and maybe hid the key so she could not get out when things became violent and he held her captive.

He also had to identify the body so Reeva's parents were saved from having to do that.

She sent him a SMS message on 13/2/2012 between 10 and 10.30pm to say she would not be home that night. So that must have been in the middle of the "yoga" and she must not have feared OP then.

Cecil Miles would then know a lot about Reeva's relationship with OP.

I thought it was stated that she was living with a girlfriend who claimed to be Reeva's flatmate. But I think he stated that she had lived with their family for the past six years.

I also read that Francois Hougaard had warned Reeva about OP's potential for violence and he had sent her a Valentine's Day message that night.

In an audio US interview, a Harvard lawyer said he would like to know whether she had shoes on that night.

The interviewer wanted to know if she had flushed the toilet as what was in the bowl would be significant - clear or urine?

If the crushed skull story is true which now seems likely, I am wondering if he could have killed Reeva with the cricket bat crushing her skull first and then carried her dead body to the toilet putting her either on it or beside it and then staged the shooting to look as if he was shooting an intruder.

IMO She could have been dead already before the shots and being in the toilet.

How could she run/walk to the toilet if she had a crushed skull?

Where did the violence with the cricket bat occur? Bedroom or bathroom?

My scenario is similar to yours. But you think she was already dead from the bat blow. Maybe. But one thing is that the police said the hand bullet wound was defensive and was shielding her head--same bullet.

This implies that she was still conscious after the bat strike.

Has anyone found the interview with family that says police told them her skull was crushed with the bat? Would a bullet wound make it appear to be? (I don't think so, but I don't shoot guns or people.)

I've been looking and can only find articles saying the parents said this in an interview, I cannot find any direct quotes.

Well here IMO it may get real interesting.
The police may have wanted to appear as bumbling fools, but told family NOT to reveal to the press what theyt were told or shown until after bail hearing. It worked, and it got defense to lie and get married to a ludicrous affidavit.

The cops may be like Columbo TV show--fool people at first to think he was an idiot. Later they found out he was a genius at what he did.

JMHO.

I'm confused about when exactly the police told the family he bashed her skull in? Would they not have noticed this when they laid her to rest, or before cremation? Also, where is the report the police stated the hand wound was defensive....have a missed it somehow??

If anyone can direct me to these, it would be greatly appreciated.

Well here IMO it may get real interesting.
The police may have wanted to appear as bumbling fools, but told family NOT to reveal to the press what theyt were told or shown until after bail hearing. It worked, and it got defense to lie and get married to a ludicrous affidavit.

The cops may be like Columbo TV show--fool people at first to think he was an idiot. Later they found out he was a genius at what he did.

JMHO.

IO Botha stated at the bail hearing that there was no signs of trauma on her body, with the exception of the bullet wounds. Can he be charged with lying then???

The more I think about the more I see that I am right about Prosecuters' strategy--as follows.

Police at first gave too much away to reporters RE the bloody bat. Prosectors kinda retracted that to serve a purpose. Get OP lawyers to yield their whole scenario before trial.

If Pros. noted the bat and crushed skull-then OP might have included something like, "it was dark and I thought a stranger was in the home so I first bashed him on the head, then--still dark he staggered away and I had to shoot him", or such.

This way OP did not mention the bat strike or crushed skull, only the bullets fired. So now when at trial the bat and crushed skull comes out--he is dead in the water, as he made no mention of striking the "intruder" in his afidavit.

JMH analysis/opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member