General Discussion Thread No. 17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What was your assessment of the guard-gate at the top of the stairs, to prevent children using them alone?

I don't remember seeing one as the camera shots were from the bottom of the steps and to the side.

I haven't seen the show Dispatches, of course, since I'm in the U.S., but I saw this article the other day by someone (I think) who was involved with it - David Canter, a criminologist - and he gives his theory of what happened. He thinks Madeleine was abducted by a local person who escaped down a labyrinth of alleyways nearby:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/crime/article2681658.ece

An abductor who knew the complex would have had to be quick to remove the child from her apartment without being seen, but he could have done it. After passing through the alleyway that ran beside the apartment, he would then have found it simple to dash across the deserted road behind the resort and through a small car park to a network of alleyways sheltered by high walls.

These alleyways, decorated with lush bougainvillea, provide an ideal rat-run that would be well known to local criminals. Late in the evening it would have been a simple thing to pass through these alleyways to a safe house or a car parked near by.

More speculation at that link.

Gerry's fears for Kate on the day Madeleine disappeared

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/li...tml?in_article_id=488273&in_page_id=1770&ct=5

Timelines again become quirky, now Paine Maddie and KM them at 6:30, not 7:00

The article is actually all over the place, take from it what you will I guess.

It makes me ask, why would Gerry have David Payne check on Kate and the children?

I suppose he could just be a loving husband concerned about his family on holiday, with Kate busy feeding the children while he plays tennis. But Kate's diaries portray him as a selfish husband who does what he wants and leaves her alone most of the time, with her doing most of the parenting of the kids.

Or is it because Gerry was concerned about Kate's temperament and how she interacted with the children, particularly Madeleine? Was he worried that she would take her frustration out on their daughter?

Thank you, boho, for your well thought-out post, and welcome to Websleuths.

I am friends with a British couple through my daughter's softball team, and I ran into her at the store today. I've known these people for 9 years, and they are incredibly careful with their girls. After chatting awhile I asked her about her opinion of the McCanns, and she said pretty much the same thing- that they are giving people around the world a terrible impression of British parents and making us think they all abuse (her words) their children the way Kate and Gerry do. Despite what Kate McCann claims, she says the majority of British parents do not go off and leave them alone, and she can't understand why Leicester hasn't drawn them up on neglect charges.

Both parents have said they have deep regret for not being there "at the moment Madeleine was taken." Assuming that everything else that they have maintained is true, Gerry was in 5A with the abductor. You couldn't expect to be there closer in time to the taking. The problem is that he elected moments or a moment to be with his children and could not recognise what was happening because of that. If he had been there before 9:05 and afterward, he would have noticed a lot of activity taking place. By 9:25, Matthew Oldfield observed that the children's room was brighter, lighter than he expected. The window & shutters were open, it was too late. Listening or looking once in awhile does not suffice.

If we are to believe that Madeleine was kidnapped, and kidnapped around 9:10, then we have to conclude that all the parents who were at the Tapas restauarant were completely dense. You have both Gerry and Mathew Oldfield visiting the apartment and noticing "something wrong"- more light, doors opened that they'd left closed, etc. And neither of them thought to check it out? Or even mention it to someone? Imbecil fathers, both of them, if we are to take their stories as the truth.

Hello everyone just popping in to see if there is any new news on Madelaine. Nope, hopefully with a new officer in charge and re-evaluating the case, we may get a different outcome.

I have not posted her for a long time as this is no further along that it was the first week Madelaine went missing, one thing I have noticed as I still keep up to date and read every day is that Madelaines name has been mentioned more in my post than I have heard for a long time.

Prayers for Madelaine.

Until someone - the PJ , the british police expain in a plausible way how Madeline was killed and more importantly how the body , was stored , disposed , hidden the I will remain sceptical

Foe me this was always the reason I doubted they did it - not becasuse Kate looked thin, evil had small *advertiser censored* , didnt smile , went jogging , looked dodgy etc etc

The Police had dogs out that night , they had the army searching - they were all over the place - If the Mccaans had had say 24 hours maybe - but they had at most and hour - maybe hour and half for everything to have happened - without any witnesses atall - nothing - in a busy holiday resort -

I am willing to accept that the Mcaans are guilty - I am not that stupid , but until I see some semblance of a case and some explanations - then I will remain on the other side of the fence

I also think that if the PJ had anything anything forensic that was strong ie cast Iron DNA or blood from a dead body where it was not meant to be - then they would by now be back under arrest either here or in Portugal - but still now we no movement - what on earth are they waiting for

The Police had dogs out that night , they had the army searching - they were all over the place - If the Mccaans had had say 24 hours maybe - but they had at most and hour - maybe hour and half for everything to have happened - without any witnesses atall - nothing - in a busy holiday resort -
I believe dogs trained to find a person are not trained in the same way as dogs looking for a cadavar. The dogs that night could not find her quite possibly because the trail ended where it began, in the apt.

I believe dogs trained to find a person are not trained in the same way as dogs looking for a cadavar. The dogs that night could not find her quite possibly because the trail ended where it began, in the apt.

Thats the other thing about the dogs - I have read it somewhere that a cadavar only becomes apparent about two hours after death - that means the body would have to have been in the appartment for up to two hours after death - If we say that the death must have happened 6,30 earliest ( nannies and other peoples time line ) then it would have been in the appt up to 8.30 that night - and that is cutting times to the bone

I am sure also that hounds would still pick up Maddys smell from clothes - what she was wearing - shampoo in her hair , sweat in her clothes . I did read a report that dogs did pick up a scent outside the alley but lost it at the beach area -

I have heard several explanations about the scent:

1) It ended at the beach.
2) It ended at another, vacant apartment.
3) It ended at trash bins behind a small shop that had closed for the night.

As I have posted before, his lesson ended at 6:30, so he could have checked on Kate himself. Instead he went to eat without her at 6:30 and David Payne visited at 6:30. The articles on this "new information" say that the PJ mistook the request as meaning Gerry was in fear for her. Maybe they had a tiff.

Texana, maybe talk like this is a prelude to setting up Kate's insanity defense? This article, coupled with Susan Healy's quotes today saying that Kate has been hysterical and seeing visions of Madeleine.

Something's up. The two prime suspects may be turning against each other.

As I have posted before, his lesson ended at 6:30, so he could have checked on Kate himself. Instead he went to eat without her at 6:30 and David Payne visited at 6:30. The articles on this "new information" say that the PJ mistook the request as meaning Gerry was in fear for her. Maybe they had a tiff.

Why would he go to eat at 6:30 anyway, when he was planning to dine at Tapas at 8 p.m.?

Nothing Gerry says makes any sense.

Why would he go to eat at 6:30 anyway, when he was planning to dine at Tapas at 8 p.m.?

Nothing Gerry says makes any sense.

Mr. Gerry McCann (also known as Mr. Grinch)

"You're a rotter, Mr. Grinch.
You're the king of sinful sots.
Your heart's a dead tomato splot
With moldy purple spots,
Mr. Grinch."

(see http://www.seuss.org/seuss/mr.grinch.html)

I just felt a need to express my true feelings tonight.......

Oh yeah, babeeeeeee....I'mmmm BACK!

cool14.gif

Mr. Gerry McCann (also known as Mr. Grinch)

"You're a rotter, Mr. Grinch.
You're the king of sinful sots.
Your heart's a dead tomato splot
With moldy purple spots,
Mr. Grinch."

(see http://www.seuss.org/seuss/mr.grinch.html)

I just felt a need to express my true feelings tonight.......

Oh yeah, babeeeeeee....I'mmmm BACK!

cool14.gif

Welcome back Colomom! Where ya been,jellybean!

Texana, maybe talk like this is a prelude to setting up Kate's insanity defense? This article, coupled with Susan Healy's quotes today saying that Kate has been hysterical and seeing visions of Madeleine.

Something's up. The two prime suspects may be turning against each other.

Interesting thought!

Or maybe just "turning" to bolster each other's defense. Or save one parent to stay with the twins.

All possibilities!

Question: Why is Kate just now seeing visions of Madeleine?

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/europe/article2697257.ece

Alright....let's talk....

What is up with the release of the story of the ceramic plate??

According to the article: "The family yesterday released pictures of a plate that Madeleine made at nursery school for Brian and Susan Healy, her grandparents."

The plate was given to the Healys, the mother and father of Kate McCann, the week before the family went to Portugal
."

Was it meant to show that Madeleine was a thoughtful child??? Or that her caregivers were worthy of that thoughtfulness???

I am sorry....BUT.....I don't get it.

P.S. for Tex....California....vacation!

Don't know Colomon, just a bid for sympathy votes, tear jerker story - Madeleine's last gift type thing? Well she made the gift for her ghrandparents not her parents I wonder was she given a choice?
Obviously Kate not that close to her parents when they didn't visit the whole month of April!

Again, welcome back :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member