General Discussion Thread No. 17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Portuguese newspapers are renewing their declaration that cadaverine & putrine were the bodily fluids found in the Renault Scenic but that the DNA from the fluids has not been identified to Madeleine. If the evidence of a cadaver is incontrovertible, I would expect charges to be filed. There is other body or corpse in question. However, these newspapers have been so far off the mark as to be outrageous in the past.

teacherbees! :clap: :clap: :clap: So well-said!

Kate: :slap: Get real, honey - this isn't just about you!

Be sure you read the complete story in the Liverpool paper:

http://www.liverpooldailypost.co.uk...-printed-about-their-daughter-64375-19959961/

I saw this story listed and just couldn't believe it - and this picture on Fox - priceless:

McCann-KateLooksPersecuted.jpg

The Portuguese newspapers are renewing their declaration that cadaverine & putrine were the bodily fluids found in the Renault Scenic but that the DNA from the fluids has not been identified to Madeleine. If the evidence of a cadaver is incontrovertible, I would expect charges to be filed. There is other body or corpse in question. However, these newspapers have been so far off the mark as to be outrageous in the past.
I want to say "There is NO other body or corpse in question". Please excuse my typo.

Does anyone else find it ironic or just creepy that the article about Kate being a "victim" comes out the same day that the McCann's launched a new poster campaign for Maddie? What is the focus supposed to be?

In the BBC article about the new poster campaign, the first quote is from Susan Healy about Kate's persecution complex. :eek:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7047579.stm

Here is the new poster, and I'm curious to read what the rest of you think of this:

McCann-MaddieLookPoster.jpg

One other creepy thing - Kate's headlines say "I'm a victim of my looks," and Maddie's poster says "Look."

Too weird for me.

I just cannot stand the use of graphic images of Madeline's eye. Sure, it's okay to mention this, but to continue to emphasis her deformity is IMO horrible.

As for Kate's looks, thin stature, how is she different than Beth Holloway? I don't recall Beth saying she was a victim of her looks?

Here we go....I've heard it all now, the size of your rack is directly in relation to how well you bring up children.

I just cannot stand the use of graphic images of Madeline's eye. Sure, it's okay to mention this, but to continue to emphasis her deformity is IMO horrible.

Hmmm, I don't look at it any different than a birthmark or mole or a tatoo. It's something that can't be changed easily, would remain while hair can be cut or colored or the child can grow. So, I would point her eye out often if she were my child. I don't think most people would think automatically that it is a "deformity", I didn't (and don't now) though through WS I know there is a condition that causes it. It's something that makes Madie more unique and you would want that to be recognized with a missing child.

Here is the new poster, and I'm curious to read what the rest of you think of this:

Thanks for posting this, Thoughtfox. I think creepy is the right term. It screams that the most important thing about her child is the "defect" of her eye. No warmth or charisma to influence the public or the abductor.

I don't think coloboma is a household word, nor do I think those who don't know the case are aware Maddie has a coloboma. So, who is supposed to be the audience for this ad? If it is someone unfamiliar of her, shouldn't the coloboma be pointed out with words . The graphic of the coloboma almost looks like a magnifying glass and with the word "look", that is what comes to mind.

Also ,as has been mentioned by other posters at WS, they should do one of those age-progression pictures

http://www.eecho.ie/news/bstory.asp?j=100372720&p=yxx373xzz&n=100373100

Her mother also states Kate is “one of the most maternal people I know” and said her life revolved around her children. Would anyone expect Kate's mom to say anything else? How about someone else saying this hmmmmm?
Doesn't it make you wish that we could hear what others thought of this family before all this happened? What about the daycare Kate used at home before they went to Portugal? Or her colleagues at the hospital who knew about her daily life. Silence is all we have.

PharmSleuth: I wondered the same thing about the eye problem because only people who already knew about the case would realize what that symbolism is supposed to mean. So even if it is translated into other languages, how will people understand that Madeleine has an eye problem?

I keep thinking of that shampoo commercial from years back, where the model would flip her hair and say "Don't hate me because I'm beautiful."

Kate can say she's a victim because her child has reportedly been abducted, anything else does come off as really self-centered.

Thoughtfox, wasn't there something in one of the recent articles that said that clearing the McCann name/maintaining a positive image with the public was as essential for finding Madeleine as any other actions?

So as odd as it might seem, Kate the Victim and Find Madeleine, the Other Victim are equally important.

I'll check through the articles later and see if I can find that reference.

Huh???:confused: If I'm in the wrong forum for this please feel free to move it but is this lady out of her ever loving mind?

Report: Mom of Missing Madeleine McCann Believes She's Being Persecuted Because of Her Looks

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,302118,00.html

Ma Healy is out of her tree. What? Is Jane Tanner, Russell O'Brien's gf, more maternal because she has behemoth bazongas??

These wacky Brits are so entertaining.

Bloody footprints? This is news (to me):

They are working on the theory that consultant cardiologist Gerry, also 39, helped his wife dispose of their daughter’s body using their hire car.

During her police interview Kate was repeatedly shown video footage of sniffer dogs trained to detect death and blood reacting in the apartment and the hire car.

A bloody footprint allegedly found in the apartment matched a print of a shoe recovered from the car’s bumper.

The McCanns, now at home in Rothley, claim they are being framed by police desperate to close a case they have bungled.

http://www.dailyexpress.co.uk/posts/view/22295

Thoughtfox, wasn't there something in one of the recent articles that said that clearing the McCann name/maintaining a positive image with the public was as essential for finding Madeleine as any other actions?

So as odd as it might seem, Kate the Victim and Find Madeleine, the Other Victim are equally important.

I'll check through the articles later and see if I can find that reference.

I think there has been at least one article a week talking about clearing the McCanns. That's the goal of Richard Branson, the millionaire who is paying for their legal team, for sure, and he's said that more than once.

Why isn't he paying for private detectives to find Maddie instead? :furious: He could jolly well afford it.

Justice ought to be the goal, and not defending some pretty people because you think the accusations are making your own country look bad. Or maybe he's left his kids alone while he went to dinner before, so he's defending his own mistakes?

Justice ought to be the goal, and not defending some pretty people because you think the accusations are making your own country look bad. Or maybe he's left his kids alone while he went to dinner before, so he's defending his own mistakes?

I think this is spectacularly unfair of you to say about this man. First of all, he's never done anything against the law so far as we know. He has the right to do whatever he pleases with his money. I'd like for us to not bash third parties who may get involved in this case.

I think this is spectacularly unfair of you to say about this man. First of all, he's never done anything against the law so far as we know. He has the right to do whatever he pleases with his money. I'd like for us to not bash third parties who may get involved in this case.
Sorry - I'm sure he means well. I'll just stay away from that topic.

http://www.eecho.ie/news/bstory.asp?j=100372720&p=yxx373xzz&n=100373100

Her mother also states Kate is “one of the most maternal people I know” and said her life revolved around her children. Would anyone expect Kate's mom to say anything else? How about someone else saying this hmmmmm?

Kate's mother has basically said the same thing for 5½ months. What a wonderful mother she is, how maternal she is toward the children and how she's being cast as a villain when she's done nothing wrong. For the love of Pete!

People are attacking her because of her breast size? I've heard everything.

Ma Healy is out of her tree. What? Is Jane Tanner, Russell O'Brien's gf, more maternal because she has behemoth bazongas??

These wacky Brits are so entertaining.
We might be entertaining but were not bad mannered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahburhouse