General Discussion Thread No. 17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree gord.

It just gets curiouser and curiouser.

I have ceased to be surprised by all the awful things written...and believed.

From the start the PLE didn’t protect, or properly investigate the crime scene. Didn’t accept the help offered to them for many weeks.
Deliberately leaked malicious rumours to the press.
They then talked up the DNA results......only to backtrack later.
The PLE have acted throughout this investigation in a completely unprofessional way.
Two PLE Senior Investigators who were in charge of the investigation, and are now gone, have themselves been charged with serious crimes!!!! What a mess.

I just hope the new man in charge is someone who can work the miracle this case needs.

And if there is "no" proof that Madeleine is dead...include searching for her again as part of his investigation.

:clap:

I agree gord.

It just gets curiouser and curiouser.

I have ceased to be surprised by all the awful things written...and believed.

From the start the PLE didn’t protect, or properly investigate the crime scene. Didn’t accept the help offered to them for many weeks.
Deliberately leaked malicious rumours to the press.
They then talked up the DNA results......only to backtrack later.
The PLE have acted throughout this investigation in a completely unprofessional way.
Two PLE Senior Investigators who were in charge of the investigation, and are now gone, have themselves been charged with serious crimes!!!! What a mess.

I just hope the new man in charge is someone who can work the miracle this case needs.

And if there is "no" proof that Madeleine is dead...include searching for her again as part of his investigation.

This is what I don't understand...did PLE ADMIT they are the ones leaking this information or is the press saying they are leaking it? You never hear the same story twice, which in my oppenion is a great way to continue to sell newspapers....different head line every day.

Sure, there are bad cops, obviously some serious detective work has been done to can 2 of them in Portugal. If only those great detectives worked for PLE. Do we know without a doubt PLE is the one leaking this? I doubt it.

This is what I don't understand...did PLE ADMIT they are the ones leaking this information or is the press saying they are leaking it? You never hear the same story twice, which in my oppenion is a great way to continue to sell newspapers....different head line every day.

Sure, there are bad cops, obviously some serious detective work has been done to can 2 of them in Portugal. If only those great detectives worked for PLE. Do we know without a doubt PLE is the one leaking this? I doubt it.

Press dont leak information - they either report what they have been given , make it up or a mixture of the two .

The lastest piece about all the children being in the same room that night is a huge piece of evidence as it implicates all the Tapas 9 , Gerry and Kate - If true it puts them all in the frame for something and destroys completly any defence that has been given thus far -

so its importance to the whole case to date cannot be underestimated . Now something this big can only have come from the Police - they are the only ones who are that close to the whole investigation to be in a position to have all that info .

So either 24 Horas just made it up or they were given some snippets of info by one or two close - maybe it was the sacked officer who decided he needed another free meal or maybe as some think a deliberate leak to flush out the guilty people - tip them over the edge

However it got to the public it has got there and must make the job of the PLE very hard as now a critical plank of their investigation is out there in the newspapers

If this thing ever gets to trial god nows how they will ever find 12 impartial jurors - !!

Madeleine McCann: Police cheif breaks silence

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main...-mostviewedbox

To a tight trio of trusted colleagues he had confided that he was ''unhappy" about the inquiry and ''exasperated" with the constant leaks from junior officers who, in exchange for extravagant meals, were willing to either reveal snippets of confidential information, or to embroider vague facts if they felt that was what their moles in the Portuguese media wanted.

He has complained that while fellow officers were leaking information illegally — Portugal has strict secrecy laws — the same officers would instruct him to deny the stories when printed. The problem for Sousa was that the denials rarely got into the media.

The result has been endless column inches slandering the McCanns. ''Some Portuguese journalists were fairly convinced the so-called evidence passed on to them by police was nowhere near as concrete as their sources suggested," says Jose Lugios, a freelance reporter based in the Algarve.

Such lax practice has shocked even the country's politicians. ''The leaks to the press of some details that are supposed to be classified have been used as an easy way to manipulate and shape public opinion," says Francisco Louçã, leader of a Portuguese opposition party.
It isn't just rumour from the press on who "leaked"
It was admitted to by some within the PLE and "regretted"
I think the outburst to the press by Detective Amaral was just the final straw to those disgusted at the way he was running the investigation.

What are the ages of the other children
I wonder if the police have spoken to them about that night and what they saw or heard....
:waitasec:

What are the ages of the other children
I wonder if the police have spoken to them about that night and what they saw or heard....
:waitasec:
That's a very good question, and I hope we get an answer on that. If they were all very small, then they could have been influenced by their parents long before now, so they may not be considered reliable. If they were old enough, though, they certainly wouldn't have forgotten what happened to Maddie, unless they were under the influence of sedatives on that night also.

More Kate-Sympathy Spin about the way she is "wasting away" physically - but showing her out running with a smile on her face.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/li...article_id=486798&in_page_id=1770&ito=newsnow

Interesting that the other day Clarence Mitchell said Kate just sat in Maddie's room crying all day, but there she is running on the streets of Rothley.

Here's a clue - she would gain weight if she stopped running all the time.

Absolutely agree she should stop running & gain some weight if her weight is alarming!
The family photograph is interesting how it has been doctored to emphasise the red - her lips, kids faces etc almost looks as if the twins have smeared lipstick. Anything to make them look healthier than today!

The gaunt look could also mean she is worried that police are closing in! If she was going to get gaunt it should have been immediately after her daughter went missing I think that is when the real pain would take it's toll! I cannot imagine eating or sleeping if my daughter had just been taken! In fact I don't think I would ever sleep properly again unless drugged, they were sleeping well after the first few nights? HUH!

Just out of curiosity, how long after Madeleine went missing Gerry and Kate started jogging?

Another question: If all the children were in the same apartment, where were the McCanns supposed to sleep when they returned? Would all of the parents carry their children to their rooms? It sure doesn't seem logical.

I think you're right, Trino. If the parents were willing to carry children to & fro, they could have used the free creche.

There may be "parsing" in some of the protests that the children were not sedated. The Calpol analgesic was admitted to but from what I've been exposed to, not on May3. Evidence emerging now may point to the third possibility of tranquilizers. If the McCann children were given tranquilizers, that is important for many reasons and adds to their helplessness in a variety of circs., including navigating around the flat and including fending off an intruder. The warning from management that supervision & care was needed should have halted the habit of leaving them alone but the first warning came from the children, on 1 May, for e.g. If you return home after 11 to sobbing children, the children themselves are warning you in the strongest, most emotional way, "Do not leave us alone!"

Clarence says the parents are denying the sedative claim, and considering legal action against the press:

http://u.tv/newsroom/indepth.asp?id=85314&pt=n

That's lovely and all, but notice they aren't denying the negligence claim or the accidental death claim, or even the seven-kids alone in a room claim.

They used that "hurtful" comment again. It's "hurtful" to have anyone suggest that they would do such a thing as sedate their children.

Oh please, I am so tired of that "hurtful" response. If you left your three young children alone in a resort room and something happened to one of them, which could not and would not have happened had you NOT left them alone, then get over your "hurt" feelings. It's not about you. What's "hurtful" is what happened to Madeleine.

They used that "hurtful" comment again. It's "hurtful" to have anyone suggest that they would do such a thing as sedate their children.

Oh please, I am so tired of that "hurtful" response. If you left your three young children alone in a resort room and something happened to one of them, which could not and would not have happened had you NOT left them alone, then get over your "hurt" feelings. It's not about you. What's "hurtful" is what happened to Madeleine.

Thank you...:clap:

so they are fair game for every slur and innuendo from gay slurs , group sex to poisining and murdering their child ( that is just here ) - even if they in the end might be innocent -

I just feel a bit uncomfortable about that.

But that is just me -

Madeleine McCann: Police cheif breaks silence

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main...-mostviewedbox
It isn't just rumour from the press on who "leaked"
It was admitted to by some within the PLE and "regretted"
I think the outburst to the press by Detective Amaral was just the final straw to those disgusted at the way he was running the investigation.
This, again is what you want to beleive. I'll go along with you here -

"But make no mistake: while their primary, vital, aim is to keep the hunt for their daughter alive, they are aware that if they are not to risk ending up doing so from behind prison bars they must clear their names.
For they know, and we know, that the McCanns did not kill their daughter."

Read between the lines I get, the aim is to keep the hunt alive. True in its twisted honesty. Missing children are never forgetten, police and indivduals carry on the search never mind the families of the missing.

There is no real risk to date that they will be behind bars, they have not been charged with a crime, therefore clearing their names has little to do with Maddie. But the dramtic effect of poor parents in prison is a nice twist.

so they are fair game for every slur and innuendo from gay slurs , group sex to poisining and murdering their child ( that is just here ) - even if they in the end might be innocent -

I just feel a bit uncomfortable about that.

But that is just me -

I do agree gord.I cringe sometimes at some of the things said on here and can only wonder where such ideas come from, especially the sex angle.I do believe they are innocent but am open to being convinced by the evidence however I have seen nothing to convince me they were into orgies and really they could have been doing it with every person in Portugal it still wouldnt make them murderers and has no bearing on the case IMO.

:clap: That is exactly how I feel.

When I read about this case, or any crime, I usually think more about the victim than the suspects - but that's just me.

that the Tapas group would put all their kids in one apartment. Does anyone know their ages? I can see babies and toddlers drifting off to sleep but the older children may have continued their activities after the parents' left.

It's such a dumb story. Did they really stay in one apartment? And were all of them drugged or sedated.

I still can't see why the group did not want the LE to talk to them. Hopefully
one of them will squel but only if the story is true.

I read on a blog that Jane Tanner's baby was also conceived by in vitro, and at the same place Kate went to. Is this true? If so, what's wrong with all those guys in the Tapas Group?

Why would you assume there was anything wrong with the guys?

I'm not surprised that women waiting until their late 30s would have two in the group of them that need IVF...It's very common among professional women of that age...and with the socialized medicine in UK, it's not like it's unusual they happened to use the same clinic.

Doctors are in medical school/internship/residency during their primary fertile years.

Fine, hate the McCann's, but why the need to dump on people who need IVF???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeSpice