Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
lauriej said:
..as far as .........."raven, at least say Thank you to who have helped this case.".....i'm not holding my breath on that one..........he himself has not helped his case.....you can't tell me that any NC reporter wouldn't gladly have him on record/on air to plead for tips.............help in finding his wife's murderer?i cannot understand WHY he has not done so...........
I hope this changes soon, and it should not be when a reporter shoves a microphone in your face regarding another case.

It should be when a "press conference" is held by the person in question.

I know I could not keep my silence forever in a community who is seeing/hearing news about me off the TV/news/media on a daily basis.

Ok...I am off for the night, and Peace be with all~ :)

surf_moon_stars said:
When the word technology is involved, I would think it was more computer knowledgeable, software etc, and his uncle is in the business too, so I would think his Mom must want to know how to run a website.

Just a thought.....
IDK...maybe. His mother doesn't really seem that smart. None of her children seem to be either. Their online activity about their life is horrid. And I think Mr AG said she was on her 3 or 4 marriage. Different individuals at the funeral said she was creepy. This is unconfirmed because nobody has indicated that they know her personally, but from the info we do know, to me, she just comes acrossed as one tacky, weird, dumb lady!

surf_moon_stars said:
I hope this changes soon, and it should not be when a reporter shoves a microphone in your face regarding another case.

I know I could not keep my silence forever in a community who is seeing/hearing news about me off the TV/news/media on a daily basis.

Maybe this is why he keeps moving from place to place??

Good night SMS. Thanks for posting!

ewwwinteresting said:
Probably the same reason his family hasn't talked out. Why give LE something they don't have? Maybe Raven can't keep his story straight. I mean just on this forum, we've heard rumors of suicide, raven calling someone before 911, friends calling for help, etc. If Raven isn't telling the truth, it would be hard to keep what he told who straight. So, the best thing for a guilty person to do is keep quiet! However, the silence in this case is ringing LOUD AND CLEAR!
.....i do agree..........silence can be golden...............silence can also be deafining..........
...his own family won't stick up for him in the media.........yet they will all band together to plead for money in utah...?( via arizona.....via california.....)
...i don't mean to pick on his family.............but somethng isn't right there.......

...............MY son ??? MY family ? someone would be getting an earful..........if i thought him to be innocent...............

surf_moon_stars said:

..........and that's the problem................this case is NOT being heard on a daily basis.............it's a MURDER for god's sake............why not ???

lauriej said:
..........and that's the problem................this case is NOT being heard on a daily basis.............it's a MURDER for god's sake............why not ???
I just thought of something. This last media coverage, LE actually asked for help. AND still the family is silent! You would think that the family would join LE and plead publicly for any information and even offer a reward for any information leading to the arrest of the murderer. Oh, but that would take away from just giving the money to Raven, instead of finding justice for Janet. Taking the opportunity to take advantage of people's emotions to give money to a fund but not offer any money of their own to find the killer. This whole situation just makes my stomach sick:sick:

I'm sorry for going off-topic but there is a VERY frustrating case here on WS about a couple that's been missing since February from Philadelphia. A very normal, responsible couple - each had a child that neither of them would willingly leave. But the case seems to be very, very cold. Since you are all such dedicated sleuths, perhaps you could check out this case, and offer your input. There hasn't been much activity on the thread so these dear people could certainly use us. Here's the link:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - Richard Petrone, 35 & Danielle Imbo, 34

Thanks to all of you for checking it out. You are truly talented sleuthers so maybe we can get something going on that thread.

Thanks for allowing me to digress for this one post. I'll now get back to catching up on this forum.

JerseyGirl said:
Did they, EI? I don't recall at this point.
...yes...LE did ask for help recently...7/6/2005...
..( from the media thread..)

http://rdu.news14.com/content/your_news/durhamchapel_hill/?SecID=42&ArID=71722

"What our investigation has shown so far is that we don't believe this was a random act of violence but at this time no charges have been filed and any information would be helpful,” said Kammie Michaels of the Durham Police Department.

If you have information on Janet Abaroa's death, call Durham CrimeStoppers at (919) 683-1200.

"Police are still looking for suspects".

"we don't believe this was a random act"

"no charges have been filed and any information would be helpful,”

............i brought this over from the media thread........

...on the 'natalie' forum, much speculation has been given to the aruba LE vs US LE...
...in janet's case........have the NC LE dropped the ball here ?
...this wasn' drug realted.....gang related..........it wasn't even "random" according to LE..........WHY NO ARREST?????
...why aren't the NC media demanding more of the NC LE?
...they sure do treat them nice down there................while the suspects bask in the sun....travel the country..........

...it's infuriating......

It appears that SES' thread "Hey Rave - bad news dude ..." (or something like that) will not let me access it. Have the posts been removed for some reason or is the problem on my end?

JerseyGirl said:
It appears that SES' thread "Hey Rave - bad news dude ..." (or something like that) will not let me access it. Have the posts been removed for some reason or is the problem on my end?
No, I tried to get into it also, with the same result. It states that it was "moved"....not sure why or where!

The thread was moved to admin for review. You may want to read the following from here

Some clarification.....
Here's the deal....

Raven has not been named as a suspect or a person of interest by any law enforcement agency.

As the husband of the murdered woman (Janet) he is not obligated to conduct his own searches and investigation in fact the opposite would hold true.

LE are the professionals in this case and the case is in their hands, not Raven's.

Keep this in mind while posting and there should be no further problems.

I think y'all can continue and keep the above in mind......

Wow... I thought the whole purpose of this forum was to sleuth cases and come up with our own ideas in solving the case. The vast majority on this thread does think raven is the killer and questions LE and the amount of evidence they actually have. There would be no point to this forum if we kept these points in mind...

"As the husband of the murdered woman (Janet) he is not obligated to conduct his own searches and investigation in fact the opposite would hold true.

LE are the professionals in this case and the case is in their hands, not Raven's"

The LACK of action from raven regarding this case speaks LOUDLY!!!

snapple said:
Wow... I thought the whole purpose of this forum was to sleuth cases and come up with our own ideas in solving the case. The vast majority on this thread does think raven is the killer and questions LE and the amount of evidence they actually have. There would be no point to this forum if we kept these points in mind...

"As the husband of the murdered woman (Janet) he is not obligated to conduct his own searches and investigation in fact the opposite would hold true.

LE are the professionals in this case and the case is in their hands, not Raven's"

The LACK of action from raven regarding this case speaks LOUDLY!!!
Yes it does and that's why speculation is allowed as is all the great sleuthing that has been done.

I think its quite possible to keep those points in mind and post accordingly. Nothing wrong with speculation but there is something wrong with the way some posts are worded.

I've not said he can't be discussed. I'm saying watch how you word yourself....

lauriej said:

"Police are still looking for suspects".

"we don't believe this was a random act"

"no charges have been filed and any information would be helpful,”

............i brought this over from the media thread........

...on the 'natalie' forum, much speculation has been given to the aruba LE vs US LE...
...in janet's case........have the NC LE dropped the ball here ?
...this wasn' drug realted.....gang related..........it wasn't even "random" according to LE..........WHY NO ARREST?????
...why aren't the NC media demanding more of the NC LE?
...they sure do treat them nice down there................while the suspects bask in the sun....travel the country..........

...it's infuriating......
I am originally from the Raleigh/Durham area and I can assure you that if the police have enough evidence against Raven or anyone they will be in jail fast. You have to take into context how many other murders and crimes there are in Durham every month or so. Murder in Durham not a big event. And it is not a crime ridden place mainly because of the locals who live there, but it is located right off of I-85 and a LOT of drugs move from Florida to points north on I-85 so you do have some undesireables who have taken up residence there to facilitate the movement of said drugs and with them comes crime. I would be more surprised if a month or heck a few weeks went by in Durham without a violent crime or murder of some sort. The police have their hands full. When they have enough to go on they are very good and very quick at moving the case along. Sometimes there is just not enough evidence to go on. I know we would like for cases to be solved in a hour like on CSI, but in real life it sometimes takes weeks, months, heck, even years for justice and sadly sometimes it never comes.

curious1 said:
I am originally from the Raleigh/Durham area and I can assure you that if the police have enough evidence against Raven or anyone they will be in jail fast. You have to take into context how many other murders and crimes there are in Durham every month or so. Murder in Durham not a big event. And it is not a crime ridden place mainly because of the locals who live there, but it is located right off of I-85 and a LOT of drugs move from Florida to points north on I-85 so you do have some undesireables who have taken up residence there to facilitate the movement of said drugs and with them comes crime. I would be more surprised if a month or heck a few weeks went by in Durham without a violent crime or murder of some sort. The police have their hands full. When they have enough to go on they are very good and very quick at moving the case along. Sometimes there is just not enough evidence to go on. I know we would like for cases to be solved in a hour like on CSI, but in real life it sometimes takes weeks, months, heck, even years for justice and sadly sometimes it never comes.
...thank you curious..i'd forgotten about the crime rates in durham..( i recall, and i'm sure this time , that it was jersey who posted the alarming stats on that...)
...i'm in canada, and in 'my little town' we recently had our 4th murder of the year, a shock to the community..
...i'm holding onto faith that LE is getting their case together...........in due time..proper procedure .....and that we WILL see an arrest in this........fingers crossed...

News 14 Carolina | 24 Hour Local News | Durham/Chapel Hill | Police continue to search for suspects in death of Durham woman

My News 14 Cast

Police are still trying to solve the mysterious death of a Durham woman killed two months ago...

Police are still looking for suspects.

"What our investigation has shown so far is that we don't believe this was a random act of violence but at this time no charges have been filed and any information would be helpful,” said Kammie Michaels of the Durham Police Department.

If you have information on Janet Abaroa's death, call Durham CrimeStoppers at (919) 683-1200.

..i do realize this was from back on july 6th.........however, it sure sounds to me like LE is "trying to appear that they're working on it, when in fact they have nothing"............STILL asking the public to call in with tips ?

...i do agree with an earlier post of yours though.............better to let them nail their # 1 perp solid rather than the 'double jeopardy' clause.......

..still..........i have this uneasy feeling that LE has lost this one right from the beginning..............hope i'm wrong.
JerseyGirl said:
News 14 Carolina | 24 Hour Local News | Durham/Chapel Hill | Police continue to search for suspects in death of Durham woman

My News 14 Cast

Police are still trying to solve the mysterious death of a Durham woman killed two months ago...

JerseyGirl said:

My News 14 Cast

I am curious what evidence or lack of evidence they have to state this crime is non-random. I know we have discussed before that they may be saying this to keep the media away. If the death is mysterious and LE are still looking for suspects, I'm not so sure I'm buying into the non-random statement.

It would be interesting if Raven has given LE any names to look into. He must have some idea who could have killed his wife. I wonder who he thought of first when he found his wife lying dead on the floor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState