General Theories and Motives Rehashed #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This case if totally baffling, for me anyway. As far as I can tell, solid information about all kinds of things is lacking. We also know there is a fair amount of misinformation running around.

But if we look at the suspects, the list is small. At the top of the list would be

Misty: There has been talk that Misty may have accidently killed Haleigh, either by striking her or as a drug overdose. Both are possible, but not likely.

Tommy: This is not a likely crime for an opiate junkie, but was Tommy an opiate junkie in Feb 2009? Also, Tommy could have been using another drug--or no drugs on that particular day. Many of us have assumed that Lindsy filed for divorce after learning that Tommy had been lying about his involvement, but do we know this is actually the reason or does it just seem a likely reason. We also know that Misty, in the voice stress interview, said that Tommy molested her when she was 5.

Joe: I don't know hardly anything about him. I haven't read as much as some people here, but for a month I have been hitting 3 sites a day and have read a lot of archives. We know he had a picture of himself posted on facebook with a gun. We know Granny Hollars says Joe has acted different ever since he came back from Florida.Misty said in the voice stress test interview that Joe molested her when she was 7 and that Joe was a weirdo. And don't we believe he was out in the van on the night Haleigh turned up missing? We have also heard that Joe said the St. John's river would be a great place to commit murder--the problem is our sources for this information are not very reliable.

Joe and Tommy together: Who knows?

Ron Cummings: Not very likely that he was involved unless there was an overdose. Ron is alleged to have put a rat with a cut off head in Tommy's mailbox. In jail, "rats" are people who tell. Do we know of anything Ron did not want Tommy to tell? Of course, with all the shenanigans these people are involved in, it could be unrelated to Haleigh.

Some other points:

Voice Stress Testing: If you look up "Voice Stress Testing" on Google, the first page of links that comes up contains a lot of links with articles that apparently consider voice stress testing to be highly questionable.

Lie Detector Tests: These aren't admissible in court and are not considered reliable. Some sites say that you will fail a polygraph if you are nervious. I don't know much about polygraphs, but I believe they can be useful with some people or in some situations.

The brick at the backdoor. If I were carrying something out that back door with both hands occupied, and I did not want the screen door to slam and make noise, would placing a brink in front of the screen door to keep it open prevent the slamming? It just seems unlikely to me that Misty, who does not appear very bright, would think of putting that brick in front of that door.

The simplest explanation--and I know this is crazy--but the simplest explanation is that Misty really doesn't know anything and that either Tommy or Joe were involved or both Tommy and Joe were involved. The simplest explanation is Joe by himself.
As far as I know, we know very little about Joe.

I haven't been on this board long, and I know I haven't read as much as a lot of people here, so I would very much appreciate corrections regarding my facts or suppositions.

BBM...IMHO... Ron C should be at the top of the list... Also, the back door was staged and whoever did it didn't do a very good job... LE stated months ago there was no evidence found in the MH and they didn't know what crime had been comitted or where it had been committed I suspect whatever happened did not occur in the MH..
It has since been revealed by Sheriff Hardy he believes whatever happened possibly occurred in the Shell Harbor area... Misty was staying at her parent's house at that time so I suspect the incident occurred at 130 Magnolia...The incident occurred before Ron C ever went in to work that day....I suspect Misty knows exactly what happened since I suspect she was the one involved in the altercation with Ron C...JMO

BBM...IMHO... Ron C should be at the top of the list... Also, the back door was staged and whoever did it didn't do a very good job... LE stated months ago there was no evidence found in the MH and they didn't know what crime had been comitted or where it had been committed I suspect whatever happened did not occur in the MH..
It has since been revealed by Sheriff Hardy he believes whatever happened possibly occurred in the Shell Harbor area... Misty was staying at her parent's house at that time so I suspect the incident occurred at 130 Magnolia...The incident occurred before Ron C ever went in to work that day....I suspect Misty knows exactly what happened since I suspect she was the one involved in the altercation with Ron C...JMO
Does anybody know if LE has checked that house for evidence? Surely they didn't let that one get by them...but I think about the dumpster hit & the trailer door, & I have to wonder. They said Misty wasnt@ home that night, so it would be plain common sense to check her parent's empty house-for signs of a party, if nothing else. I was also struck by Tommy's admission that he had no pills that day, & that's why he didn't go to work. rolls eyes. Was he referring to 'that day'? If so, that gives him a motive, of sorts. I remember Misty saying, (but taken with a box of salt), that Tommy was so messed up that she didn't see how he made it home-or something to that effect. She may have been talking about Joe, but I think it was Tommy. So, if that's true, he got something somewhere. How far would an addict go for a fix? Would he commit or help commit a crime against a child? Would he help dump a child's body? IDK, but he seemed pretty strung out before the bust, so I think a promise of drugs may have been his motivation.

I've been thinking about what secret all of these people could share that could be so horrible that they would all rather go to prison on lengthy drug sentences than to talk. I can't think of anything. So, I'm left thinking that they are all somewhat involved, but are rolling the dice on the drug charges. & the ones who arent incarcerated, arent talking because they want to keep it that way. I don't think they are sacared of Ron, I don't think they're protecting Misty, & I don't think they're scared of a mafia hit. I think they're just following the no snitch code, & are protecting their own hides. I think each one is just waiting for one of the others to crack. I've noticed that Ron seems to be impressed with Misty's lack of crack. He also seems to be watching her & wondering how long she can beat the system. That's the impression I got after the river search. I wondered then, if he was impressed that she had caused another wild goose chase Would he act like that if thought Misty might be the killer? They ALL seem to be playing games. I think Ron is gonna be the one to finally offer up some information-if he's not the killer. If he is the killer, Tommy may squeal just to have a chance to get Linsey back. I don't see the non killers lasting mich longer.

the only thing I can think of is death threat... atleast in prision they are alive and being fed.
If they are not guilty of murdering HaLeigh, but they know who did, maybe they will get out of jail.. and maybe they don't want that, cause they are safe behind bars.

I've been thinking about what secret all of these people could share that could be so horrible that they would all rather go to prison on lengthy drug sentences than to talk. I can't think of anything. So, I'm left thinking that they are all somewhat involved, but are rolling the dice on the drug charges. & the ones who arent incarcerated, arent talking because they want to keep it that way. I don't think they are sacared of Ron, I don't think they're protecting Misty, & I don't think they're scared of a mafia hit. I think they're just following the no snitch code, & are protecting their own hides. I think each one is just waiting for one of the others to crack. I've noticed that Ron seems to be impressed with Misty's lack of crack. He also seems to be watching her & wondering how long she can beat the system. That's the impression I got after the river search. I wondered then, if he was impressed that she had caused another wild goose chase Would he act like that if thought Misty might be the killer? They ALL seem to be playing games. I think Ron is gonna be the one to finally offer up some information-if he's not the killer. If he is the killer, Tommy may squeal just to have a chance to get Linsey back. I don't see the non killers lasting mich longer.

I don't think anyone will ever admit to a role in Haleigh's death. If they know the body can't be found (i.e.not buried someplace) then there is no reason to come forward as they would not be able to prove what they were saying. Someone saying someone else threw her body into the river, i.e. does not prove anything, since they all lie so often. And if any one of the current players turns state's evidence, the defense will surely have proof of lies from that person to detract from whatever new claims are being made. I'd feel better if RC, MC and TC got long prison sentences, just in case nothing can ever be proved by physical evidence in this case. I know other cases have been prosecuted without bodies or confessions but I can't think of one like this, where every story is a lie and every sentence has more than one meaning.

According to Nay, sometime early Sunday morning, she dropped Misty off at her brother's place because she said she had to babysit "tomorrow".
I think "tomorrow" may actually be later that same morning. Let's say Nay drops her off at 2:00 am Sunday Feb 8. Misty probably had to babysit later
that same morning so Chelsea or Lindsy could take Lisa to the hospital to see Hank. We can assume Lisa is home because Nay is still driving around
a couple hours later and gets flagged down by Lisa and Lindsy ( I think) asking her where WBG lived because Tommy, Ronald and "their dad" were
looking for him.

The fact that they are looking for him also tells me that Misty fed them some type of story about WBG and whatever went on over her 3 day binge.
I think she made herself out as the victim so none of what happened was her own fault, of course. So, now we have 3 angry men wanting revenge for
something they think was done to Misty. I would love to know if they ever found him and what happened. I would also love to know if LE even asked
WBG about this--I can't remember whether the Nay tape was out yet at the time they brought WBG in for questioning. I don't think this is information
that he would offer on his own. He would have to be specifically asked if the 3 men came after him or made him show them where the Crescent City
home was.

I don't think anyone will ever admit to a role in Haleigh's death. If they know the body can't be found (i.e.not buried someplace) then there is no reason to come forward as they would not be able to prove what they were saying. Someone saying someone else threw her body into the river, i.e. does not prove anything, since they all lie so often. And if any one of the current players turns state's evidence, the defense will surely have proof of lies from that person to detract from whatever new claims are being made. I'd feel better if RC, MC and TC got long prison sentences, just in case nothing can ever be proved by physical evidence in this case. I know other cases have been prosecuted without bodies or confessions but I can't think of one like this, where every story is a lie and every sentence has more than one meaning.
there was a lot of theorizing, awhile back, that Haleigh had been cremated. If that's true, I don't know if anybody would ever speak up. There'd be no proof & that would be a horrible thing to admit. I know that theory alone would've made me talk. I would hate knowing that people thought such a thing about me or my family.

there was a lot of theorizing, awhile back, that Haleigh had been cremated. If that's true, I don't know if anybody would ever speak up. There'd be no proof & that would be a horrible thing to admit. I know that theory alone would've made me talk. I would hate knowing that people thought such a thing about me or my family.

Dodie I have felt like she had been cremated from the beginning of this case. I have my reasons for believing this but I think I am not allowed to talk about this as the people have not been implicated in anyway. Interesting people surrounded Mr. Cummings at the beginning. That is all I am willing to say about this as I wanna be allowed to read and post.

Does anybody know if LE has checked that house for evidence? Surely they didn't let that one get by them...but I think about the dumpster hit & the trailer door, & I have to wonder. They said Misty wasnt@ home that night, so it would be plain common sense to check her parent's empty house-for signs of a party, if nothing else. I was also struck by Tommy's admission that he had no pills that day, & that's why he didn't go to work. rolls eyes. Was he referring to 'that day'? If so, that gives him a motive, of sorts. I remember Misty saying, (but taken with a box of salt), that Tommy was so messed up that she didn't see how he made it home-or something to that effect. She may have been talking about Joe, but I think it was Tommy. So, if that's true, he got something somewhere. How far would an addict go for a fix? Would he commit or help commit a crime against a child? Would he help dump a child's body? IDK, but he seemed pretty strung out before the bust, so I think a promise of drugs may have been his motivation.

I don't have a clue if they checked that house, but seems to me they should have checked all the houses and all the property of everyone who knew or was related to Haleigh...

And Tommy may very well have helped with Haleigh after the fact, but I don't believe Tommy is the one responsible for whatever happened to Haleigh...Now we have Tommy's attorney saying he knows what happened.. Personally, I will be glad to find out what he knows, and how long he has known...JMO

Wow, I feel like I've actually accomplished something tonight. I decided I was going to keep looking for JMS (Haleigh's grandpa) info. His stepdaughter had said on a forum that he actually worked for the State Dept of Corrections and not a sheriff's office. After several hours of reading thru links, I found him as of 2008-2009. Don't know how much I can post but he definitely worked for them!

Maybe they don't want any help from the FBI or maybe they didn't like where the FBI was going with this investigation. I find it odd that there was only one round table discussion between the three agencies.

It wouldn't be the first time that various law enforcement agencies were at odds.

OMO

I don't think that LE wanted Tim Miller involved either, thus his leaving very soon after he arrived. Wouldn't LE have to request help from the FBI before they would get involved unless there had been a kidnapping and Haleigh had taken over state lines?:waitasec:

Wow, I feel like I've actually accomplished something tonight. I decided I was going to keep looking for JMS (Haleigh's grandpa) info. His stepdaughter had said on a forum that he actually worked for the State Dept of Corrections and not a sheriff's office. After several hours of reading thru links, I found him as of 2008-2009. Don't know how much I can post but he definitely worked for them!

Them, who? Dept. of Corrections or the sheriff's office?

I don't have a clue if they checked that house, but seems to me they should have checked all the houses and all the property of everyone who knew or was related to Haleigh...

And Tommy may very well have helped with Haleigh after the fact, but I don't believe Tommy is the one responsible for whatever happened to Haleigh...Now we have Tommy's attorney saying he knows what happened.. Personally, I will be glad to find out what he knows, and how long he has known...JMO
I've kept up with this case almost every day for over a year, & I'll admit that I want to know the truth-from beginning to end. I have a fear that I'm gonna get old & on my death bed, I'll be asking, 'what happened to Haleigh?' I sincerely hope the truth comes out, because Haleigh deserves so much more than this pack of lies.

I've kept up with this case almost every day for over a year, & I'll admit that I want to know the truth-from beginning to end. I have a fear that I'm gonna get old & on my death bed, I'll be asking, 'what happened to Haleigh?' I sincerely hope the truth comes out, because Haleigh deserves so much more than this pack of lies.

O/T For the record, ain't no fear here of... I'm gonna get old... I'm already old.. In reference to the "death bed" scenario..I can relate...JMO

I'm staying with Ocam's Razor till proven otherwise.

I recall hearing/reading somewhere that JMS had worked for FL DOC, I just did not know the time frame. Did he work at the prison in E. Palatka? Wasn't he involved in bringing the bloodhounds from the prison to search for Haleigh? There was a rumor going around that he did a search with his dogs but they weren't his dogs, they were the prison dogs. Do you think there is anything fishy about him and his former employment?

Link to Putnam CI if anyone is interested.

http://www.dc.state.fl.us/facilities/region3/214.html

If tommy helped misty hide Haleigh, where would he go?

I recall hearing/reading somewhere that JMS had worked for FL DOC, I just did not know the time frame. Did he work at the prison in E. Palatka? Wasn't he involved in bringing the bloodhounds from the prison to search for Haleigh? There was a rumor going around that he did a search with his dogs but they weren't his dogs, they were the prison dogs. Do you think there is anything fishy about him and his former employment?
Link to Putnam CI if anyone is interested.

http://www.dc.state.fl.us/facilities/region3/214.html

Oh, God, I hope not...fishy that is

Prison dogs know how to find drugs though. Maybe he knows some one that has scent hounds for people..I don't know. State prisons out here though only have them for drugs.

State employees work the State Prisons, County Employees work the County jails and youth facilities. I have no idea where he worked.

If tommy helped misty hide Haleigh, where would he go?

If he was a street walker looking for drugs, he would know a lot of places. That late night street walking makes me think he might be a big meth head too strung out from no dope. He also had a vehicle available? If not, someone came to him? Who? Just guessing here.

I still think the theft charge on the neighbors house is weird. That's girl stuff. Cleaning stuff and games? That's mom stuff there. But he did stay home and not work. Yelp, I know no more today than yesterday.

I'm staying with Ocam's Razor till proven otherwise.

& exactly what would that be? Misty? I want simple, but what could possibly be simple about disposing a body? & where? from the dumpster to... .St. Johns? by what vehicle & driven by whom? Do you think Tommy would do that for her? for drugs? in his truck? & who's bright idea was that? Ron's or Timmy's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ouisie