General theory thread and motives rehashed #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMHO... PCSO has proven they aren't interested in going for the truth in reference to what happened to Haleigh or the truth ever being revealed..If they were they would have applied some real pressure on Ronald Cummings and his family rather than all the Croslins...IMHO..LE is covering their own rears just as much as they are covering for Ronald Cummings... JMO

BBM
I agree completely and am sadden and angry that the LE in Putnam County are, for whatever reasons, not able to solve this case.

Well, I truly don't know what to think about this case anymore. I have never in all my life seen such a large group of suspicious acting people involved in one case. Just why are there so many inconsistencies with all the people involved? We have family members, in-laws and outlaws, all acting suspicious since day one.

I was reviewing some of the older threads yesterday and it looks like Theresa admitted to sending a relative over to check on Misty and the kids on February 17. So this would be 8 days after Haleigh had gone missing (not 9 days as we previously thought). Not that one day matters that much at this stage, but the point is, Misty went over that day several times with the media and never once mentioned anyone from the Cummings family coming by that night (unless the a/c man is a Cummings relative and I don't think that's been established yet).

Beginning with Monday evening, I find Theresa's choice of words about sending a relative over confusing because GGMS said that she always washed the children's clothes. GGMS doesn't seem to me to be the type to take orders from anyone, so if washing the children's clothes was such a routine task for GGMS, why would Theresa need to call her and tell her when to take the clothes back over?

Then there is that strange statement Theresa made about Ron and Misty having stayed up talking all night (the night before) and Misty was tired. Almost a year later, after the arrests, TN comes out and says she had to coax Misty to babysit the kids on Monday night and even offered to pay her. If they were already back together, why would this be necessary? It contradicts what she said in the earlier part of the investigation.

Why do the inconsistencies start with Sunday night up until law enforcement arrived at the home in the wee hours of Tuesday morning?

I've never been convinced that the grandmothers were involved in anything more than trying to protect Ron after the fact, although everyone is sure making a good argument for it and I now have to wonder about them.

Also, everyone discusses Shell Harbor in relation to the Croslin home, but doesn't GGMS live around that area also? Am I remembering that wrong?

Frankly, I wouldn't be surprised at anyone that is ultimately arrested in this case. Joe, Tommy, Timmy, Misty, the grandmothers, the in-laws (including cousins, aunts and uncles) and certainly Ronald wouldn't surprise me at all.

I do hope that when it's all said and done, that anyone and everyone who has lied or impeded this investigation is arrested and prosecuted.

Carry on. It's been slow and I just wanted to put a few thoughts on the screen.

No, I totally see the opposite, I think they have had Ronalds number from day one. They know what Ronald is all about. And its not just
Ronald. They have been dealing with his crime laden family probably for decades. If there is no physical proof, and Misty wont roll on Ronald, well, their hands are tied, like it or not. Now dont get me wrong, I wish they were water boarding them all in their cells now, but now its the waiting game and how long Misty can hold out and show how loyal she was to Ronald and his family.

jmo

BBM: I truly think the same as Emeralgem that certain persons do not want to pursue the truth in this case. I think that Ron and/or his family have information of someone of importance and that knowledge is the reason that this case was not solved a year ago. It is much more convenient for LE to beat on the Croslins as a show that they are "working" on the case. The Croslins are more expendable than the Cummings. However, I try very hard to hold onto a thread of hope that behind the scenes LE have known all along that Ron is the one who harmed Haleigh and that LE is aware of the coverup. I'm trying to be patient and hope to see this case solved and the "RIGHT" ones charged in Haleigh's disappearance and death.

BBM: I truly think the same as Emeralgem that certain persons do not want to pursue the truth in this case. I think that Ron and/or his family have information of someone of importance and that knowledge is the reason that this case was not solved a year ago. It is much more convenient for LE to beat on the Croslins as a show that they are "working" on the case. The Croslins are more expendable than the Cummings. However, I try very hard to hold onto a thread of hope that behind the scenes LE have known all along that Ron is the one who harmed Haleigh and that LE is aware of the coverup. I'm trying to be patient and hope to see this case solved and the "RIGHT" ones charged in Haleigh's disappearance and death.

I understand what you are saying, but I cant imagine what info Ron or his family would have on anyone that trumps a dead child. Sheriff Hardy had just stepped into office a few weeks prior to HaLeigh going missing, I doubt they have anything on him, and really, if they had so much pull and clout in that town, and had something on someone of importance, would we have even heard about HaLeigh to begin with?

Ronald lawyering up, made me madder than anything, in this case. (& a criminal defense attorney, at that). The Cummings had taken Misty under their wing, & it was obvious she was doing as they told her, but they left her without a lawyer. Ron got one, but she didn't. That completely blew my mind. If they had cared one fig about that girl, they would've gotten her a lawyer. That was selfish beyond comprehension, & I felt it was a deliberate ploy to put Misty at a disadvantage. & didn't Ron's lawyer say something to the effect, of not touching Misty with a 10 foot pole? I wonder how he feels about Ron, now. She was a kid, who most obviously needed representation, & that lawyer, (a so called professional), took a real cruddy attitude towards her. It made me wonder what bunk Ron was telling him. It must have been a real doozy, but whatever he said against Misty, can also hurt him, because it shows, at the very least, that he has been withholding information. At that time, I felt that the Cummings were going all out in trying to implicate Misty. I wonder how they felt, when she wasn't immediately charged? But for Ron to hire a criminal defense attorney, said a lot. He was gonna be ready for whatever came his way. I truly wish, that every single person involed, had taken his cue & lawyered up that same day.

Ronald has been playing both sides of the fence since this case began. If he was innocent and wanted to find out the truth about Haleigh, he wouldn't have avoided tapped phone lines and mobile homes. He wouldn't have warned Misty that Donna worked for TES and he wouldn't have lawyered up with a criminal defense attorney. I don't know if Ronald killed Haleigh, but nothing short of a confession by someone else will convince me he wasn't responsible in some way. Even at that, someone will have to explain his strange behavior to me.

Well, I truly don't know what to think about this case anymore. I have never in all my life seen such a large group of suspicious acting people involved in one case. Just why are there so many inconsistencies with all the people involved? We have family members, in-laws and outlaws, all acting suspicious since day one.

I was reviewing some of the older threads yesterday and it looks like Theresa admitted to sending a relative over to check on Misty and the kids on February 17. So this would be 8 days after Haleigh had gone missing (not 9 days as we previously thought). Not that one day matters that much at this stage, but the point is, Misty went over that day several times with the media and never once mentioned anyone from the Cummings family coming by that night (unless the a/c man is a Cummings relative and I don't think that's been established yet).

Beginning with Monday evening, I find Theresa's choice of words about sending a relative over confusing because GGMS said that she always washed the children's clothes. GGMS doesn't seem to me to be the type to take orders from anyone, so if washing the children's clothes was such a routine task for GGMS, why would Theresa need to call her and tell her when to take the clothes back over?

Then there is that strange statement Theresa made about Ron and Misty having stayed up talking all night (the night before) and Misty was tired. Almost a year later, after the arrests, TN comes out and says she had to coax Misty to babysit the kids on Monday night and even offered to pay her. If they were already back together, why would this be necessary? It contradicts what she said in the earlier part of the investigation.

Why do the inconsistencies start with Sunday night up until law enforcement arrived at the home in the wee hours of Tuesday morning?

I've never been convinced that the grandmothers were involved in anything more than trying to protect Ron after the fact, although everyone is sure making a good argument for it and I now have to wonder about them.

Also, everyone discusses Shell Harbor in relation to the Croslin home, but doesn't GGMS live around that area also? Am I remembering that wrong?

Frankly, I wouldn't be surprised at anyone that is ultimately arrested in this case. Joe, Tommy, Timmy, Misty, the grandmothers, the in-laws (including cousins, aunts and uncles) and certainly Ronald wouldn't surprise me at all.

I do hope that when it's all said and done, that anyone and everyone who has lied or impeded this investigation is arrested and prosecuted.

Thanks SoSueMe for pointing out the obvious contridictions spoken by TN and GGMSykes in this case. Great post.
I know I am not alone when I suggest these two have offered nothing in the way of finding Haleigh, but instead attempted to protect Ron and in some instances Misty too, by praising her child care skills.
I just wanted to add that what is most outstanding to me is the sudden silence of TN once the drug bust went down. Until then, she took every opportunity to speak out on Haleigh's to reporters and talk show hosts. She was glued to her son's side or struck out on her own to reinforce her son's behavior on loving and protecting his daughter.
And now - she's lost her voice.
To me this suggests LE has been investigating her role in this case and she has nothing to say now because she does not want anyone to know the heat is on her now. Maybe she is suspected of aiding a cover-up.
Then again, I could be totally wrong.
Of course, all JMO.

Ronald has been playing both sides of the fence since this case began. If he was innocent and wanted to find out the truth about Haleigh, he wouldn't have avoided tapped phone lines and mobile homes. He wouldn't have warned Misty that Donna worked for TES and he wouldn't have lawyered up with a criminal defense attorney. I don't know if Ronald killed Haleigh, but nothing short of a confession by someone else will convince me he wasn't responsible in some way. Even at that, someone will have to explain his strange behavior to me.

Not to mention getting married (for the first time in his life) within a month after Haleigh disappeared, complaining about the media being "in his face" and not looking at that as a benefit to keeping the plea out there for his daughter. Spending money on tattoos and assuming celebrity status in restaurants expecting NOT to have to pay for meals. Goes to talk to Haleigh on Xmas day (God only knows where and how do you talk to an alive child unless you know where they are?)

The list goes on and on and yet the authorities can't come up with something solid to say he's more involved than anyone has said up to this point? Unbelievable.

I suppose every town/community has their share of bullies. I know that Satsuma and immediate surroundings have 'em. One doesn't need to have extensive jail records to be considered 'bullies' in a community....IMO.

Hello we are not going to rumor here. Nor are we going to bash. We cannot discuss non Players unrelated to this case and we cannot state anyone covered anything up without providing proof. Theory is one thing..... carrying rumor is prohibited.

Get back on track with your theories please.

I know we are tired of waiting, weary, we all want justice for Haleigh. But we must be careful in our posts and not call names, bash or rumor. I feel the same frustrations believe me. :grouphug:

Thank You.
Gram

LE applied pressure to the Croslins because they could. LE was stopped from applying pressure to the Cummings by the Cummings. LE cannot force anyone to talk to them. If LE asks you to answer questions, you have the right to refuse.

Misty cooperated with LE and did not refuse to answer their questions even after she had an attorney.

However, Ronald hired a criminal attorney early on. From that point forward, Ronald and his family stopped cooperating. LE cannot apply pressure if they cannot even get them in the door.

IMO, Ronald's attorney made a point of stating that they were not representing Misty. However, I find it strange that Misty was never told that she could refuse to answer any questions and kept speaking with LE after that. Ron himself said he stopped talking to LE because he could only say that he did not know anything, he was at work so many times. Ron also said that anything that LE was wrong to focus on Misty and him. So why did Ron never tell Misty she did not have to speak with LE?

IMO, the main purpose of the drug sting was to be able to apply pressure on Ronald. They could not force him to talk but they could get him in jail and hope he would be willing to talk. It also took Ron away from the protection of his family.

Since the arrests, both Misty and Tommy's attorneys have stated publically that Misty and Tommy have cooperated with LE and told them everything they know regarding Haleigh. I don't remember hearing Ronald's attorney saying anything close to that.

There are other ways to apply pressure and I think LE could have and should have applied more pressure on Ron. Once he lawyered up, Hardy did make a statement to the media that they would like to ask him more questions. THAT is the kind of pressure they could apply toward Mr. Cummings. They don't have to fall silent and play by Ron's rules, but perhaps that's what they are doing. I dunno.

Thanks SoSueMe for pointing out the obvious contridictions spoken by TN and GGMSykes in this case. Great post.
I know I am not alone when I suggest these two have offered nothing in the way of finding Haleigh, but instead attempted to protect Ron and in some instances Misty too, by praising her child care skills.
I just wanted to add that what is most outstanding to me is the sudden silence of TN once the drug bust went down. Until then, she took every opportunity to speak out on Haleigh's to reporters and talk show hosts. She was glued to her son's side or struck out on her own to reinforce her son's behavior on loving and protecting his daughter.
And now - she's lost her voice.
To me this suggests LE has been investigating her role in this case and she has nothing to say now because she does not want anyone to know the heat is on her now. Maybe she is suspected of aiding a cover-up.
Then again, I could be totally wrong.
Of course, all JMO.

I would agree with this completely if we, the general public and the media, had all the same information as LE and we had the clout to tell family members what to do. But - we don't!

Family members have no obligation to tell the media or bloggers anything or to explain their actions. If LE approves, they can and do make statements that will not affect the case and will put their loved one in a positive light. If they say more than they should, LE will clamp down on them.

Maybe TN told LE right away about asking a family member to check on the children. Just because we didn't hear it for 8 days doesn't mean that LE didn't hear it for 8 days. Misty has demonstrated over and over that she lies and omits information, so it is no surprise that she might not mention someone stopping by.

We don't know for sure that GGMS was the family member that TN asked to check the children. Maybe the family member TN asked suggested that she and GGMS ride together because she knew she had their clean laundry.

Maybe Misty told TN that she and Ron stayed up all night talking, hoping to paint the situation in a better light, and TN just repeated the story.

Maybe Misty and Ron were trying to reconcile, but that doesn't mean that Misty wasn't exhausted and so balking at babysitting. Maybe she felt that someone else in the family could help out for once.

Maybe (and most likely, IMO) afte the drug bust, LE warned TN to stop making public statements because she could put their strategy (for finding Haleigh) at risk or do more harm to her son in the drug case.

Maybe family members just have misinformation, or forget things, or say stupid things and then try and patch it up later.

The point is that we can select certain things family members say and put them together and find something suspicious in them. But, we only know a small portion of the facts and much of what we think are facts are probably untrue. I don't know the answers to these questions. Maybe they really are trying to spin reality. But I don't think we can possibly know yet. I hope, like everyone else, that we know soon. JMO

True Kamky. I'm just saying I don't understand it. Consistency in what is being told to the media would be nice. Maybe it will all fall into place when (and if) the truth is ever known. At this point, I don't think we'll ever know the truth.

I would agree with this completely if we, the general public and the media, had all the same information as LE and we had the clout to tell family members what to do. But - we don't!

Family members have no obligation to tell the media or bloggers anything or to explain their actions. If LE approves, they can and do make statements that will not affect the case and will put their loved one in a positive light. If they say more than they should, LE will clamp down on them.

Maybe TN told LE right away about asking a family member to check on the children. Just because we didn't hear it for 8 days doesn't mean that LE didn't hear it for 8 days. Misty has demonstrated over and over that she lies and omits information, so it is no surprise that she might not mention someone stopping by.

We don't know for sure that GGMS was the family member that TN asked to check the children. Maybe the family member TN asked suggested that she and GGMS ride together because she knew she had their clean laundry.

Maybe Misty told TN that she and Ron stayed up all night talking, hoping to paint the situation in a better light, and TN just repeated the story.

Maybe Misty and Ron were trying to reconcile, but that doesn't mean that Misty wasn't exhausted and so balking at babysitting. Maybe she felt that someone else in the family could help out for once.

Maybe (and most likely, IMO) afte the drug bust, LE warned TN to stop making public statements because she could put their strategy (for finding Haleigh) at risk or do more harm to her son in the drug case.

Maybe family members just have misinformation, or forget things, or say stupid things and then try and patch it up later.

The point is that we can select certain things family members say and put them together and find something suspicious in them. But, we only know a small portion of the facts and much of what we think are facts are probably untrue. I don't know the answers to these questions. Maybe they really are trying to spin reality. But I don't think we can possibly know yet. I hope, like everyone else, that we know soon. JMO

You make some valid points, kamky. We all come at our ideas and theories from different points of view, and I would guess that you and I have radically different ideas about what happened to HaLeigh. I am not understanding why you point out Misty's lies, yet when you speak to the "inconsistencies" of some others, such as the Cummings/Sykes/Neves, you state that "[m]aybe family members just have misinformation, or forget things, or say stupid things and then try and patch it up later."

Maybe it is Misty who has the misinformation.

As for TN having asked someone to go and check on the kids, Annette, on air, verifies that she went over there. Since there are a few versions of different stories, I don't believe either TN or AS's account(s) of events in the hours surrounding the crime against HaLeigh. Annette has waffled as to whether she went by alone (to check on the kids, or was it to just drop by some laundry?) or if she had someone else along with her; saying "me" in some interviews and "we" in others. There is no truth there, because she either went alone or with someone else. Why not speak simply and clearly?

Just my thoughts on this subject of LIES and who appears to be telling them.

IMHO .. Since last summer It's been quite evident the Cummings Clan planned from day one to set up Misty so you are right when you say... who knows what Ron C ,TN and GGMS told LE in the beginning...We all witnessed them talking out of both sides of their mouths when TN contacted MN and TM..
And IMHO if TN and her family are trying to spin reality it is ONLY because they don't want the truth revealed as to what their involvement is in Haleigh's disappearance and how they have mislead and misdirected an investigation concerning their great/granddaughter's mysterious disappearance for the past 16 months...JMO

Edit... BBM... I suspect TN would just love for everyone to now believe thats the case, she was just repeating what Misty told her... Personally, I'm not buying it..
I just pray Misty has finally revealed the whole truth and nothing but the truth..As much as she knows anyways..JMO

as far as Misty telling TN anything, well, that's just laughable. TN would've asked Ron for verification, before repeating any stories. The only details that TN should've been asking Misty, were things that occurred while Ron was out of the house. so, blaming Misty for inconsistencies, won't wash in this instance.

You make some valid points, kamky. We all come at our ideas and theories from different points of view, and I would guess that you and I have radically different ideas about what happened to HaLeigh. I am not understanding why you point out Misty's lies, yet when you speak to the "inconsistencies" of some others, such as the Cummings/Sykes/Neves, you state that "[m]aybe family members just have misinformation, or forget things, or say stupid things and then try and patch it up later."

Maybe it is Misty who has the misinformation.

As for TN having asked someone to go and check on the kids, Annette, on air, verifies that she went over there. Since there are a few versions of different stories, I don't believe either TN or AS's account(s) of events in the hours surrounding the crime against HaLeigh. Annette has waffled as to whether she went by alone (to check on the kids, or was it to just drop by some laundry?) or if she had someone else along with her; saying "me" in some interviews and "we" in others. There is no truth there, because she either went alone or with someone else. Why not speak simply and clearly?

Just my thoughts on this subject of LIES and who appears to be telling them.

Believe it or not, I still have about 4 possible scenarios, one of which includes Ron. But, since the biggest LE focus has been on Misty and Tommy, this tells me that these are the two most likely suspects. It's possible that this is all a big ploy by LE to get the real suspect to make a critical mistake, but I doubt it.

It appears to me that Misty has lied because LE has emphasized her "inconsistencies" so much since almost the beginning of the case, her reported LDT failures, and that she has made many conflicted statements in recordings. No other family member has been inconsistent to near this degree.

I respect your opinion and think that these families have such a history of petty criminal activity that they just don't speak simply and clearly like most people.

Believe it or not, I still have about 4 possible scenarios, one of which includes Ron. But, since the biggest LE focus has been on Misty and Tommy, this tells me that these are the two most likely suspects. It's possible that this is all a big ploy by LE to get the real suspect to make a critical mistake, but I doubt it.

It appears to me that Misty has lied because LE has emphasized her "inconsistencies" so much since almost the beginning of the case, her reported LDT failures, and that she has made many conflicted statements in recordings. No other family member has been inconsistent to near this degree.

I respect your opinion and think that these families have such a history of petty criminal activity that they just don't speak simply and clearly like most people.

IMHO..It's time for LE to start putting some real emphasis on all the inconsistencies that have come from Ron Cummings, his mother, and his grandmother instead of basically ignoring what is blatantly obvious...IMHO..

if you go back & look, a lot of Misty's inconsistencies didn't start until Ron & Teresa put their spins on her original statements. Take the lock, for instance...Misty said it didn't look pried. Ron said it did. & I think LE said it didn't. It was reported that Misty picked Haleigh up from the busstop. Ron said he did. which is it? since the Misty picked her up statement, came from an outside witness, I'm going with his statement. His details were a lot more believable than Ron's. Misty said there was a fight over a gun. Ron said there wasn't. I think it has now been pretty well established that there was indeed a fight. Misty said that they were all in the same bed, & Ron even said that Haleigh was taken from his bed, but then the mattress story came out. Now, who would benefit from that change? It was reported that Jr saw a man in black, take his sister. Ron said it didn't happen. Ron told Geraldo that he never beat women or took drugs. But it has been reported again & again that he has beaten women, (teen girls) & the bust proves he is most definantly a drug user & dealer. Ron said that he worked a full 8 hour shift, his minister said Ron worked 8 hours, but then that work shift just kept getting longer & longer. Why??? When Ron got married, TN said it was because they were so in love, & that's what Haleigh wanted? Oh really??? After that huge fight, Misty's weekend with another man, & then Haleigh missing? (while in Misty's care,) Ron loved her? I'm sorry, but that just can't be-not unless he knew she wasn't responsible. & Misty & her mom said that Ron paid for her tattoo. He said he didn't. Which is it? Well, going by his track record of getting caught in lies, I've gotta go with Misty on that one.

According to Ronald Cummings:

“I think they should have paid more attention to everyone rather than just me and Misty.”

Ronald and Misty Cummings said they gave dozens of hours of interviews in February and March

http://jacksonville.com/news/metro/2009-08-09/story/haleighs_family_remains_divided_6_months_later

Ronald has been a focus of LE by his own words. But Ron also states in that article that he stopped speaking with LE because he does not know anything. The article makes it seem like LE stopped focusing on Ron in March but that was when Ron hired a criminal attorney for a custody dispute.

You are correct that no other family member has made all those inconsistencies like Misty. Of course, no other family member has tried to help by talking to LE and/or taking tests. But Ron, TN and GGma Sykes made sure to accompany Misty to all the tests not done by LE and twice "convincing" her to those tests she failed AFTER she refused.

IMO, that says something about Misty. At least she has NOT acted like she has anything to hide by refusing to cooperate.

BBM: I truly think the same as Emeralgem that certain persons do not want to pursue the truth in this case.
I think that Ron and/or his family have information of someone of importance and that knowledge is the reason that this case was not solved a year ago.

It is much more convenient for LE to beat on the Croslins as a show that they are "working" on the case.
The Croslins are more expendable than the Cummings.
However, I try very hard to hold onto a thread of hope that behind the scenes LE have known all along that Ron is the one who harmed Haleigh and that LE is aware of the coverup.
I'm trying to be patient and hope to see this case solved and the "RIGHT" ones charged in Haleigh's disappearance and death....

Lonetraveler, You make some good points!
Their knowledge would have to be something bad, something that would ruin someone's career and reputation or marriage.

There's several things that would do it, like, child *advertiser censored*, getting confiscated drugs or guns from LE's storage room and selling them.....imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste